07-31-2008, 01:27 AM
kvYgYijGCtY

Joe Schmoogins
07-31-2008, 02:16 AM
when was this?

Sissiborgo
07-31-2008, 03:04 AM
when was this?

Probabliy in the euro dunk contest ore some!..

your_pimp
07-31-2008, 05:05 AM
:lmao

Desperation at its best

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-31-2008, 05:49 AM
was this before the motorcycle accident?

Bruno
07-31-2008, 06:10 AM
was this before the motorcycle accident?

Before.

And Javtokas isn't very good. Next year, he won't even be a starter in his team in Europe.
If Spurs want one day to sign a Lithuanian bigman, they should go after one of the Lavrinovic twins. They could become good rotation players in the NBA. The only drawback is that SA will have to hide its hot Latina chicks.

pad300
07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Before.

And Javtokas isn't very good. Next year, he won't even be a starter in his team in Europe.
If Spurs want one day to sign a Lithuanian bigman, they should go after one of the Lavrinovic twins. They could become good rotation players in the NBA. The only drawback is that SA will have to hide its hot Latina chicks.

IIRC, the lavrinovic twins would have a hell of a time getting into the country. They were convicted of rape in Lithuania (both of them) and served jail time. INS don't look kindly on that...

Indazone
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Javtokas? The boy can jump but why are you saying isn't very good? Bad bball IQ? No handles? No shot? Who the heck is he? If he can jump like that then just post him up everytime.

wildbill2u
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
James White!...er, excuse me, we all agreed not to say that so...***** *****!

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Javtokas? The boy can jump but why are you saying isn't very good? Bad bball IQ? No handles? No shot? Who the heck is he? If he can jump like that then just post him up everytime.

This is him play in games.

lTsnMFr7-g0

ZNwkeNIOkOo

He is not near as bad as fans here says. NBA fans are just obsess with call every player of Europe "suck". NBA fans no longer live in world of reality. There is many big men in NBA much worse than Javtokas is. I am not say he would be consider good player in NBA level but he is better than most scrub big men in NBA. Spurs is always full of big men worse than he is.

WildcardManu
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM
:lmao

Desperation at its best

I know, you need to cut back your visits to this forum. you can't keep making yourself look too desperate, have some dignity.

Bruno
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
IIRC, the lavrinovic twins would have a hell of a time getting into the country. They were convicted of rape in Lithuania (both of them) and served jail time. INS don't look kindly on that...

Yep, you remember well, that's why I made the chicks remark.
Their criminal past is quite bad and I'm not sure a NBA franchise is ready to sign that kind of players.

Taking it to the Hole
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I doubt this guy will ever play one minute in a Spurs uniform. He seems content to stay in Europe and doesn't seem too eager to want to play for the Spurs. He will go by the wayside ala Luis Scola.

jayc23
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
kid seems beast

pad300
07-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Yep, you remember well, that's why I made the chicks remark.
Their criminal past is quite bad and I'm not sure a NBA franchise is ready to sign that kind of players.

I'm fairly sure the NBA wouldn't have a problem - the conviction was pretty murky, and there have been some fairly troubled characters in the NBA in the past. However, the INS is another matter.

BTW Do you seriously think Javtokas would have a hard time in the NBA. I just compare him to Elson... He's just about as mobile, far more aggressive when attacking the hoop, blocks and rebounds, has 20 to 30 lbs of muscle on Elson. He's not a basketball genius by any stretch, but Elson was dumb as a post sometimes. I also think Javtokas's style would be a lot more suited to the NBA than Euroleague...He's a dunk it kind of guy, whereas Euroleague is a jumpshooters game.

You say he's not going to start for Dynamo Moscow next year. One of the reasons he theoretically didn't come to the Spurs last time was he wanted playing time. I don't think he's making that much beyond the LLE over there. I'm not sure what his buyout would look like (but as a non-starter, it should be cheapish, and we can spend up to 500K towards it w/o it counting to our salary cap).

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm fairly sure the NBA wouldn't have a problem - the conviction was pretty murky, and there have been some fairly troubled characters in the NBA in the past. However, the INS is another matter.

BTW Do you seriously think Javtokas would have a hard time in the NBA. I just compare him to Elson... He's just about as mobile, far more aggressive when attacking the hoop, blocks and rebounds, has 20 to 30 lbs of muscle on Elson. He's not a basketball genius by any stretch, but Elson was dumb as a post sometimes. I also think Javtokas's style would be a lot more suited to the NBA than Euroleague...He's a dunk it kind of guy, whereas Euroleague is a jumpshooters game.

You say he's not going to start for Dynamo Moscow next year. One of the reasons he theoretically didn't come to the Spurs last time was he wanted playing time. I don't think he's making that much beyond the LLE over there. I'm not sure what his buyout would look like (but as a non-starter, it should be cheapish, and we can spend up to 500K towards it w/o it counting to our salary cap).

His salary in Dynamo is = $4.2 millions in NBA for each year. He have same contract as Fotsis.

Bruno
07-31-2008, 03:20 PM
BTW Do you seriously think Javtokas would have a hard time in the NBA. I just compare him to Elson...

I think can be an end of the bench player. his upside is quite limited.
I don't like the Elson comparison, they have few things in common.
To me, the best NBA comparison for Javtokas is Brian Skinner.

I don't think he's making that much beyond the LLE over there.

The figure given for his salary is €1.5M. Spurs will have to give him $3.5M to match that.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Looks like the Lithuania prison system is a great place to develop your skills
From Sports Illustrated
May 19, 2003
http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1028797/index.htm

One of the more controversial prospects in Europe is 7-foot center Darius Lavrinovic, who averaged 10.3 points in his native Lithuania before serving two years for a rape committed with his twin brother, Kristof, and a third man. "Darius played six to seven hours a day in prison and became much better," says Sakavickas Antanas, director of the Lithuanian club Alita-Savy Alytus, for which the 23-year-old Lavrinovic averaged 17.8 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.2 blocks in 26 minutes after getting out of prison in January

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
interesting
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=EuroScoutingReport

The kid Kristof Lavrinovic, he's got some issues. [Ronzone was referring to a rape charge that was lodged against Lavrinovic several years ago, then withdrawn, though not before he and his identical twin brother, Darius, spent more than a year in prison awaiting trial. Darius later married the accuser.] But he's a guy that can be in a rotation in our league -- the guy shoots 3s, he's got a good stroke, a big body, and I think his brother could play in our league also

tlongII
07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
I already saw Clyde the Glide do that more than 15 years ago.

nil.ball
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
interesting
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=EuroScoutingReport

The kid Kristof Lavrinovic, he's got some issues. [Ronzone was referring to a rape charge that was lodged against Lavrinovic several years ago, then withdrawn, though not before he and his identical twin brother, Darius, spent more than a year in prison awaiting trial. Darius later married the accuser.] But he's a guy that can be in a rotation in our league -- the guy shoots 3s, he's got a good stroke, a big body, and I think his brother could play in our league also

:wow

T Park
07-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Them crazy lithuanians.....

Javtokas is a dunker, and ajumper.

Hes the white Stromile Swift.

Move along.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-31-2008, 04:18 PM
:wow

:rollin

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
My last post on this rape topic
I just want to clear this up
Were they found guilty? Or just spent time in prison waiting trial and then got out when the women changed her story?

pad300
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM

I've seen a couple of people make that statement on message boards, but it ain't on youtube... I've never seen any formal record (and certainly no video).

According to the Harlem Globetrotters, the official record is 12 ft
http://www.harlemglobetrotters.co.uk/about.php
and 12'2" is the unofficial record. For a big man to get up like that is pretty special.

Were they found guilty? Or just spent time in prison waiting trial and then got out when the women changed her story?

As I understand it, they did actually get convicted. There wasn't much of a sentence attached due to what were considered mitigating circumstances (ie. as you might have guessed from the later marriage, it wasn't real clear about how non-consenting she actually was...)

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2008, 06:07 PM

At time this was done it was world record. It was higher than Drexler. But Drexler of course only 6-7 and Javtokas is 6-11.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM

I believe there was conviction.

ducks
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
2 points is 2 points

can he block shots without fouling?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM
2 points is 2 points

can he block shots without fouling?

He was actually one best shot blockers in Euroleague. That is his main strength of his game. he is shot blocker, banger, rebounder and dunker. On offense is most easy for him to run down floor by beat other center and get lob for dunk. I guess Spurs is to slow of team for him and to much half court.

Same problem he have in Panathinaikos. In faster team is better for him.

ducks
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
nice of spurs to pay all bills so he can walk
not nice of him to treat spurs like crap and afraid to beat out elson
so he told spurs fuck you

Booharv
07-31-2008, 06:53 PM
nice of spurs to pay all bills so he can walk
not nice of him to treat spurs like crap and afraid to beat out elson
so he told spurs fuck you

Well put!

ShoogarBear
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Darius later married the accuser.

http://www.nbaloud.com/userimages/user1195_1174743477a.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
:lol

E20
07-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Every white man can lift up their head high with pride after watching this video.