PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

BigBeezie
07-31-2008, 07:57 AM
I started a new job on July 14th. Today was supposed to be my first pay day, and I looked at my bank account to find that I was not paid at all.

I need to get paid as I have a mortgage, car payments, etc...oh, and I am the sole provider for my family. They told me I would get paid, so I did not take money out of my 401k from my previous employer. The last time I took money out of a 401, it took weeks for the check to arrive.

Should I demand a hard check from my employer? They are somewhat small, with the corporate office being in Austin. I am very pissed off right now, and I want to make sure that I am rational when I speak to the payroll manager.

Thanks,
Bee

florige
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
I started a new job on July 14th. Today was supposed to be my first pay day, and I looked at my bank account to find that I was not paid at all.

I need to get paid as I have a mortgage, car payments, etc...oh, and I am the sole provider for my family. They told me I would get paid, so I did not take money out of my 401k from my previous employer. The last time I took money out of a 401, it took weeks for the check to arrive.

Should I demand a hard check from my employer? They are somewhat small, with the corporate office being in Austin. I am very pissed off right now, and I want to make sure that I am rational when I speak to the payroll manager.

Thanks,
Bee

Yeah if you have all the stuff you need to pay. Hopefully it was just an oversight on someone on payroll by you being a new employee and they will gladly cut you a check today.

07-31-2008, 08:10 AM
You on direct deposit? Could be that it won't post until after close of business today.

BigBeezie
07-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Yep, I am on direct deposit. I have never heard of it posting at COB.

07-31-2008, 08:19 AM
A lot of DD we have at our company will post after a Thursday. If your payroll posted your check, I'd bet that's where it is. Call your bank and see when they post DD.

BigBeezie
07-31-2008, 08:23 AM
I spoke to the payroll manager.... She forgot to submit my paperwork to ADP.

They are cutting me a check and over-nighting it to San Antonio.

Taco
07-31-2008, 08:28 AM
phew!!

thats good

Supreme_Being
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Right.

thispego
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
I spoke to the payroll manager.... She forgot to submit my paperwork to ADP.

They are cutting me a check and over-nighting it to San Antonio.

sounds like you overreacted for nothing