PDA

View Full Version : How much does Jason Kidd really have left?

Findog
07-31-2008, 10:08 AM
He looked done after the trade, and it seemed like he wasn't a very good fit for Dallas. Yet why does he enjoy such a lofty reputation with his peers still? Is this a case of his game being more FIBA compatible at this point, being surrounded by more talent so you can't funnel the ball to him to shoot, and not having a moron for a head coach?

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/07/jason-kidds-value-goes-far-beyond.html

"I can't explain it to you," forward LeBron James says. "I don't know what Jason does, I don't know how he does it. If I could explain it to you, I'd be like a prophet or something."

Here's D-Chair:

"He sees things," guard Dwyane Wade says of Kidd's sixth sense. "When you're on the court and you see him do something, you think he had to see that like three minutes ago."

KB24 chimes in:

"He just sees the game differently," (Kobe) Bryant says. "He grew up being a passer, understanding the angles. He makes very quick reads, very quick decisions. It's a different role for me and makes the game easier. Some of the shots you get you tend to be uncomfortable with because they're so damn easy. You're used to having guys on your arm all the time. With Jason, you get wide-open looks. He puts the ball right on the money."

What am I missing here? He seemed quite average in Dallas this spring.

stretch
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Avery screwed him up last year. If you noticed the times he was allowed to just run free, he was freaking awesome. But once avery took over, he just looked average. if he can run more freely, then he will do very well for us.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM
I didn't think Kidd was all that bad in his half-season with the Mavs. He was still passing the ball as well as he always has. His assists were down from earlier in the year but still right with his career average, and he was doing this with all jump shooters.

Defensively he lacked some lateral movement and got beat 1 on 1, but he also made a lot of steals and was the team's best help defender.

His one big problem was his lack of aggression when it came to shooting the ball. That, and ALWAYS STEPPING ON THE FUCKING 3 POINT LINE. But it's tough to fault him for passing it too much when he's expecting Josh Howard to hit wide open jumpers. Unfortunately, as Josh informed the world, "you can't control wat da ball do man, yall craaazy!"

Considering the shitty coach he had to endure, and the shitty non-Dirk supporting cast, Kidd played pretty well.

mavs>spurs2
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Avery is a fucktard. You don't have a hall of fame pass first point guard walk the ball up for a half court set, letting the coach call the plays while he spots up on the weakside as a shooter. That's the equivalent of putting Nash at center and Shaq at the point.

Indazone
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
The assist numbers for Kidd and Harris have basically reversed. Even though I give the Mav's a lot of grief for this trade (rightly so because Harris is quicker and can pass the ball on a dime too for the older slower Kidd with no outside shot). I expect Kidd to do better next year with Carlisle who can coach circles around Avery.

A lot of it has to do with the system. The Nets run more of an International style high post offense with lots of motion and cutters. They get out and run more. Avery ran slow set offenses pick and roll and called every play out there for Kidd styfiling the offense.

Hollinger doesn't have a lot of good things to say about this trade.

Kidd's numbers, meanwhile, are pedestrian: 9.0 points, 8.5 assists, 6.5 boards. Forget triple-doubles — Dallas would be happy with a single-double at this point. The fast-breaking element he was supposed to add to the Mavs has been nonexistent since the first half of Game 1, as Dallas's inability to stop the Hornets has killed any chance of getting an advantage in numbers going the other way.
Kidd's inability to contain Paul has been at the forefront, as the smaller, speedier Hornets repeatedly navigate around him and into the paint. The irony is that in order to acquire Kidd, Dallas gave up the exact type of player who defends Paul best — the quick, agile Harris.

http://www.nysun.com/sports/mavs-suns-must-now-question-trades/75307/

Shank
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Never good for a veteran point guard to come to a new team and have his balls taken away from a midget dictator of a head coach.

Shank
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
My favorite is when Avery would call for Kidd to take it to halfcourt, dump it to Dirk on the wing and then spot up in the corner for the 3.

Classic.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Even though I give the Mav's a lot of grief for this trade (rightly so because Harris is quicker and can pass the ball on a dime too for the older slower Kidd with no outside shot).

um, what? Kidd's best shot is the 3 pointer. and the 2 pointer with his foot on the line. He's a much better outside shooter than Harris. And as for Devin being able to pass the ball as well as Kidd, or anywhere close to as good......that's the kind of comment that tells me you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

1Parker1
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Question: At this point in their careers, is Jason Kidd even a better PG than Steve Nash? Both can't play defense, both are amazing passers, only difference is Nash can still score at will while Kidd is becoming a liability on that end.

Indazone
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
um, what? Kidd's best shot is the 3 pointer. and the 2 pointer with his foot on the line. He's a much better outside shooter than Harris. And as for Devin being able to pass the ball as well as Kidd, or anywhere close to as good......that's the kind of comment that tells me you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Kidd's career three pointers are atrocious. Did you even read the Hollinger Article. Plus Harris has bloomed in the Nets offense while Kidd has completely gone the other way.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Question: At this point in their careers, is Jason Kidd even a better PG than Steve Nash? Both can't play defense, both are amazing passers, only difference is Nash can still score at will while Kidd is becoming a liability on that end.

Yeah maybe you didn't get the memo that the Mavs defense got BETTER after the Kidd trade.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Plus Harris has bloomed in the Nets offense while Kidd has completely gone the other way.

LOL where do you pull shit like this? Harris has become a low percentage chucker in New Jersey. Check the stats.

clambake
07-31-2008, 10:24 AM
damp got better with kid. nobody would have imagined that.

Indazone
07-31-2008, 10:25 AM
looks pretty good to me. 97% owned in fantasy basketball.

Devin Harris #34 PG

2007-08 STATS PPG/APG/SPG 14.8/5.8/1.4

2007-08 FANTASY STATS % OWNWK +/-AVG DRAFT 97.3%-1.6%99.3

Birth DateFebruary 27, 1983 Birth PlaceMilwaukee, WI Height6-3 Weight185 lbs. Age25 PositionPG CollegeWisconsin Drafted2004: 1st Rnd, 5th by WAS Salary2008: $3,995,003http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3822

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
97% owned in fantasy basketball.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
try shooting percentage dumb shit. for a tony parker layup starter kit, his shooting is ATROCIOUS.

Findog
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
If the Mavs can't land an impact player through trades this summer, then their game plan is probably to go to war with what they have, and if they're doing well, make a move or get a veteran buyout in February.

Trading Josh for another swingman doesn't make sense, it's a lateral move and his value is low right now. He's got a reasonable contract and he's locked up for awhile. I only move Josh if it clearly makes the team better, and they probably aren't getting those kinds of offers for him.

Findog
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Kidd absolutely can still defend the bigger, muscular guards, but he gets lit up by the Barbosas, Parkers and Pauls of the league. Kidd may not be a stopper type anymore, but he is still miles ahead of Nash when it comes to D. Nash's more consistent outside shooting is offset by Kidd's defense.

Kidd is a decent 3-point shooter, but his midrange game absolutely sucks, and he blows a lot of bunnies at the rim it seems.

clambake
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
If the Mavs can't land an impact player through trades this summer, then their game plan is probably to go to war with what they have, and if they're doing well, make a move or get a veteran buyout in February.

Trading Josh for another swingman doesn't make sense, it's a lateral move and his value is low right now. He's got a reasonable contract and he's locked up for awhile. I only move Josh if it clearly makes the team better, and they probably aren't getting those kinds of offers for him.

for some people, maturing can be a simple flip of the switch. his current value is shit. maybe he'll recognize that. that possibility is all we have.

Indazone
07-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Kidd is no slouch but Harris is faster.

Here's the only stat that matters.

Playoffs

Kidd
2008 Playoffs Statistics

PPG 8.6 RPG6.40 APG6.8 EFF+ 16.80
Harris
2007-08 Statistics

PPG 14.8 RPG2.70 APG5.8 EFF+ 15.66

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Kidd is no slouch but Harris is faster.

Here's the only stat that matters.

Playoffs

Kidd
2008 Playoffs Statistics

PPG8.6RPG6.40 APG6.8EFF+ 16.80
Harris
2007-08 Statistics

PPG14.8RPG2.70 APG5.8EFF+ 15.66

ahh so Hollinger's own formula states that Kidd had a better PER in the playoffs than Harris did in the entire season. And everyone agrees that Kidd was horrible in the playoffs. Therefore, you and Hollinger undoubtedly agree that Kidd > Harris

Indazone
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Wonderful...you win! lol

DaDakota
07-31-2008, 10:51 AM
He has better players around him on the national team.....AND other team's are not forcing him to shoot like they do in the NBA.

No one even bothers to guard him on the perimeter.....Jason Kidd is an incredible passer, but team's make him shoot, and he is a very bad shooter.

DD

MajorMike
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Kidd is now what he pretty much always has been - a 10/10/4 sorta guy. He will never get you many points, he will normally get his dimes, he's a nice rebounder from the 1. He is an awful mid range shooter, a terrible defender, not a clutch shooter. He doesn't drive.

He is at his best when he has a bevy of 'above the rim' types: K Mart, Vince, Jeffs, etc. Dallas has no player anything like those guys. Dallas has no, "I'm going to throw down this ball and there isn't crap you can do about it" type of players. THAT is what Kidd needs. No matter how good dirk is or how well he can post up on occasion - he will ALWAYS be a perimeter player. Kidd will never thrive in Dallas until he gets a KMart/Vinsanity-type guy to dish to.

Additionally, Kidd gets the vast majority of his dimes ala Steve Nash - on breaks. Kidd runs a crap half-court offense.

I think Kidd has lots left, but he isn't going to show much in Dallas' current offense/roster.

Findog
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Josh Howard is really the one guy who should've thrived with Kidd, the one guy who can run the break and finish at the rim. And he was off the reservation after the trade.

Gerald Green is a super athlete, but he is pretty raw and I don't know if it's going to be a good or bad thing if he gets minutes next year.

nil.ball
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Josh Howard is really the one guy who should've thrived with Kidd, the one guy who can run the break and finish at the rim. And he was off the reservation after the trade.

Gerald Green is a super athlete, but he is pretty raw and I don't know if it's going to be a good or bad thing if he gets minutes next year.

It will be a good thing, very good thing. And Jason Kidd will return to his all-star self. No doubt.

MajorMike
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Not trying to mix it up, but Howard is no where near KMart or Vince. He has the POTENTIAL to show up and be a guy that could help accentuate Kidd, but until he shows some inkling of consistency I wouldn't put him anywhere near that converation.

I would like to see GG blow up because he is some major talent (and he's a former OSU commit), I just haven't seen crap out of him yet. He had all the opportunity in the world on last year's junk Celtics and Tony Allen outplayed him.

DaDakota
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
The Mavs are 4th best in the division now...they fell so danged fast...

DD

stipendlax
07-31-2008, 11:32 AM

DD

Trading for Jason Kidd will go down as one of the worst trades ever (for Dallas).

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 11:37 AM

DD

Yeah we'll see how far the Yao/T-Mac/Artest train wreck goes as they play another round of Injured List Musical Chairs next season.

Findog
07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
The Mavs are 4th best in the division now
DD

And still top 10 in the NBA. That's not nearly the pejorative you think it is.

1Parker1
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah maybe you didn't get the memo that the Mavs defense got BETTER after the Kidd trade.

They almost didn't make the playoffs, won all of about 2 games against teams above .500 after the Kidd trade, and still got bounced convincingly against an inexperienced Hornets team in the 1st round. How exactly did any part of their game get better AFTER the Kidd trade?

Findog
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
They almost didn't make the playoffs,

I know what you're trying to say, but they were also like 6 games out of the top seed. Pretty much every West playoff team "almost didn't make the playoffs."

won all of about 2 games against teams above .500 after the Kidd trade, and still got bounced convincingly against an inexperienced Hornets team in the 1st round.

Hornets are pretty goddamn good, a top-five team. They were better than Dallas last year. The Mavs could've been more competitive in that series, but the better team won. What is this "inexperienced" shit?

baseline bum
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
He looked done after the trade, and it seemed like he wasn't a very good fit for Dallas. Yet why does he enjoy such a lofty reputation with his peers still? Is this a case of his game being more FIBA compatible at this point, being surrounded by more talent so you can't funnel the ball to him to shoot, and not having a moron for a head coach?

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/07/jason-kidds-value-goes-far-beyond.html

Here's D-Chair:

KB24 chimes in:

Kidd enjoys a lofty reputation because he's one of the greatest PGs to ever play the game. It's not like Kidd started sucking after the trade last year though; he wasn't nearly as good of a player in New Jersey as he had been the previous few years.

Kidd seemed to enter last season with a really sour attitude, constantly bitching about wanting a trade. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a better season this year, being where he wants to be from the start of training camp.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
How exactly did any part of their game get better AFTER the Kidd trade?

Well if you want to argue with facts be my guest. The defensive numbers are there for anybody to see, look em up.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
What is this "inexperienced" shit?

The Hornets were so inexperienced that they took the 4-time champion Spurs to 7 games. I guess if they were experienced, they would have kicked the Spurs ass.

Findog
07-31-2008, 02:33 PM
The Hornets were so inexperienced that they took the 4-time champion Spurs to 7 games. I guess if they were experienced, they would have kicked the Spurs ass.

Jason Kidd's "experience" really helped keep Chris Paul in check.

MajorMike
07-31-2008, 03:42 PM

Lame. There always seems to be a suprise and many times it is some team with less experience playing above its head getting to a certain point.

Clippers 06 WC Semis 7 games (over Phx)
Cavs 06 EC Semis 7 Games (3-2 lead over Det)
Seattle 05 WC Semis 6 games (tied Spurs 2-2)
TWolves 04 WCF 6 games

None of those teams ever had any success in the conf before (recently) and only the Cavs proved to have some sort of staying power.

mavs>spurs2
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Lame. There always seems to be a suprise and many times it is some team with less experience playing above its head getting to a certain point.

TWolves 04 WCF 6 games

None of those teams ever had any success in the conf before (recently) and only the Cavs proved to have some sort of staying power.

Did you get an F in sarcasm?

RonMexico
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM

TWolves 04 WCF 6 games

Actually, the Suns won that series, Mike.

To paraphrase: "There always seems to be a surprise team that plays above its head." Funny you would say that because that often describes Oklahoma State. I guess Marist is the only that beat them with any staying power.

MajorMike
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Geez, mono, how many log ins do you have?

1Parker1
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Well if you want to argue with facts be my guest. The defensive numbers are there for anybody to see, look em up.

:lmao Are you trying to tell me that you made the conclusion that in the 20 games or so the Mavs played with Jason Kidd, they somehow got BETTER defensively? You lost arguably your top 2 defenders on that team in Diop and Harris. These "defensive #'s" you're talking about...exactly how many of those were against above .500 teams?

I cannot believe MavFan believes that the Mavs got better defensively as a team with a ancient Jason Kidd replacing Diop and Harris.

Findog
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I cannot believe MavFan believes that the Mavs got better defensively as a team with a ancient Jason Kidd replacing Diop and Harris.

It was a mixed bag defensively. We sorely missed Diop's ability to contest shots at the rim, but at the same time, Kidd helped improve our perimeter defense, he created turnovers by playing free safety on defense, he's the smartest player on the court at all times, etc. He just can't guard the lightning-quick guys like Paul, Barbosa, Parker, etc. Whereas Kidd is the guy you want to check Baron Davis, Devin Harris the guy you want to take Chris Paul.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
:lmao Are you trying to tell me that you made the conclusion that in the 20 games or so the Mavs played with Jason Kidd, they somehow got BETTER defensively? You lost arguably your top 2 defenders on that team in Diop and Harris. These "defensive #'s" you're talking about...exactly how many of those were against above .500 teams?

You didn't bother to look up the numbers, did you?

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
1+1=2

No it doesn't

Findog
07-31-2008, 03:55 PM

TWolves 04 WCF 6 games

The Hornets are a top-five team and they just signed Robert Horry 2.0 with their MLE. If you think they're a fluke or not for real, you're in for a surprise next season.

AggieJV2006
07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Not trying to mix it up, but Howard is no where near KMart or Vince. He has the POTENTIAL to show up and be a guy that could help accentuate Kidd, but until he shows some inkling of consistency I wouldn't put him anywhere near that converation.

I would like to see GG blow up because he is some major talent (and he's a former OSU commit), I just haven't seen crap out of him yet. He had all the opportunity in the world on last year's junk Celtics and Tony Allen outplayed him.

Junk Celtics? The ones that won a championship? Because that was last year's team. I guess you mean the team from 2 years ago... and that's what laziness and lack of discipline (an OSU staple) will get you - a spot on the bench.

[If you need examples of the above, please look at Eddie Sutton's drinking habits, Sean Sutton's record, and the criminal histories of Marcus Dove, Mario Boggan, and JamesOn Curry.]

AggieJV2006
07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Actually, the Suns won that series, Mike.

To paraphrase: "There always seems to be a surprise team that plays above its head." Funny you would say that because that often describes Oklahoma State. I guess Marist is the only that beat them with any staying power.

He's an idiot, there's nothing more to say. Maybe his daughter got sick or he lost his job again.

MajorMike
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Was oviously supposed to say against not over, my error. Deduction skills, if you had them, would tell you that each team was listed at its furthest point in the playoffs.

The junk Celtics were the year before; again think before you speak, makes you look less dumb.

Must be same lines of thinking as the aggrot ronnie; aggrot thing I guess.

Nice to see ronnie is still obsessed with me, tho.

Seriously, Marist, Eddie and my sick daughter?

Hey how's Coach Fran doing? What's it like to be 0-16 in the B12? How's Kellen Heard doing? Had any big logs fall and kill some students lately?

Jeebus grow up and get some new material.

MajorMike
07-31-2008, 05:44 PM
The Hornets are a top-five team and they just signed Robert Horry 2.0 with their MLE. If you think they're a fluke or not for real, you're in for a surprise next season.

They need to take a look at their football brothers on how hard it is to do as well after you snuck up on everyone the year before; and avoid injuries; and the ineptness of Scott in the playoffs.

ducks
07-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Avery screwed him up last year. If you noticed the times he was allowed to just run free, he was freaking awesome. But once avery took over, he just looked average. if he can run more freely, then he will do very well for us.

you better hope it was all aj and not kidd

RonMexico
07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Was oviously supposed to say against not over, my error. Deduction skills, if you had them, would tell you that each team was listed at its furthest point in the playoffs.

The junk Celtics were the year before; again think before you speak, makes you look less dumb.

Must be same lines of thinking as the aggrot ronnie; aggrot thing I guess.

Nice to see ronnie is still obsessed with me, tho.

Seriously, Marist, Eddie and my sick daughter?

Hey how's Coach Fran doing? What's it like to be 0-16 in the B12? How's Kellen Heard doing? Had any big logs fall and kill some students lately?

Jeebus grow up and get some new material.

Hahahahahahahahahhaha. I like to see that you're still obsessed with "aggrots." Very original material there on the nickname... you've only used it for the past... hmmm... 2 years?

However, since I don't want to disappoint you, I'll answer a few of your queries:

Marist = beat you at home in the NIT after you bragged about beating A&M in the Big 12 Tournament.

Eddie Sutton = DUI and selling out to get 800 wins at USF.

Actually, Coach Dennis Franchione is no longer the coach of Texas A&M Football. I don't know what it's like to be 0-16 in the Big 12 since Melvin Watkins is no longer the basketball coach either. A Bonfire joke... even Texas fans have more class.

Kellen Heard is actually doing fine... he's entering his junior year and is expected to be one of the leaders on the defensive line. Yes, he did make a mistake when he pushed Colt McCoy to the ground after the play was whistled dead, and that act nearly cost A&M a big upset against a hated rival; however, it's not a bigger mistake than the one your parents made when they refused to use protection many years ago.

I'm supposed to use deduction skills to correct your typing mistakes? I guess "Better Than You" doesn't mean what it used to mean, huh? With your anti-"aggrot" and anti-Phoenix bias, it's difficult to know when you're being objective or just stupid.

The "junk Celtics" began the season in the Fall of 2006, correct? This season will begin in the Fall of 2008. 08-06 = 02 = 2, correct? Or did your deduction skills fail you again? Once the 2007-2008 season completed, the league moved onto the 2008-2009 season. That's why they have a 2008 Vegas Summer league and a 2008 NBA Draft. It signifies the beginning of a new season, much like "The Finals" signify the end of the previous season. I'll save you some wasted time with your deduction skills: "final" is often a synonym for "end."

Also, the Seattle SuperSonics moved to Oklahoma City and will play there beginning in the 2008-2009 season. Ray Allen played for Seattle 2 years ago; last season, however, he played for the Boston Celtics team that won the 2007-2008 NBA Title. They won this championship at the completion of the 2007-2008 NBA "Season," which concluded with the 2008 NBA "Finals" (a "series" in which the 2007-2008 Celtics were "participants"). The NBA is also an acronym for the "National Basketball Association" whose commissioner is "David Stern."

Funny, I'm actually more obsessed with your wife than you because I'm still wondering how low a woman's self esteem must be to engage in sexual intercourse with you. She could probably take some tips from the 2007-2008 New Orleans Hornets on how to move up in the world. I'll actually be in San Antonio this weekend if you would like to arrange a play date.

Ghazi
07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
I've heard some people call Kidd a terrible defender, that's stupid. He was all-NBA 1st team defense for multiple years. Yeah the quicker point guards give him problems, just like they give EVERYONE problems. Yeah Chris Paul would light him up, but outside of Deron Williams, Chris Paul lights EVERYONE up. Moot.

Kidd has a season or two of good basketball left in him, IMO.

dickface
07-31-2008, 07:45 PM
you better hope it was all aj and not kidd

you better hope Starbucks doesn't stop hiring retards.

DaDakota
07-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah we'll see how far the Yao/T-Mac/Artest train wreck goes as they play another round of Injured List Musical Chairs next season.

Without Artest you guys are still 4th....now you are a DISTANT 4th.

DD

Shank
07-31-2008, 10:57 PM

DD

That doesn't even make sense.

monosylab1k
07-31-2008, 11:15 PM

DD

yeah we'll see how cocky you bitches are in a few months.

Yao: Fuck this new guy.
Ron: Gangsta beeeyotch! Black power!
Tracy: My pinky hurts, I might need 4-6 weeks to recover.

KidCongo
08-01-2008, 01:22 AM
LBJ blows his load whenever someone asks him a question about Kidd, so I'd say he has something left.

1Parker1
08-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Half of 100=50

Half of 100=100 :rolleyes

I said it before and I'll say it again, sample of 20 games played with Jason Kidd against sub .500 teams does not mean the Mavs obviously got better defensively as a whole. You're taking such a small sample and assuming it's true as a whole. It's like saying the Mavs 06 campaign was successful because they won 67 games and had the best record in the league...we all know what happened in the playoffs that year, so would u still call that season successful?

Jason Kidd was brought the Mavs to hopefully help improve them in a lot of areas...but it certainly wasn't for defense. You cannot possibly believe that Jason Kidd made them better defensively without Harris and Diop.

Ill Cosby
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM

CP3 killed him in the 1st round

Findog
08-01-2008, 09:28 AM
CP3 killed him in the 1st round

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Way to add to the discussion.

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Who is Jason Kidd?

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Dallas is not built for running. This team is a half court team that needs a Tony Parker/Devin Harris type point guard to break down players in the half court to open things up more for other players. Kidd's weaknesses are masked on the Olympics team with all the athleticism on there. He really doesn't have to do anything except what he is best at (passing).

The Franchise
08-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Not as much as Devin Harris.:lol

ludda
08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
mavs should have traded howard instead of harris