PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: NBA's Top Trios

duncan228
07-31-2008, 11:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3512435&name=broussard_chris

NBA's top trios
by Chris Broussard

First, it was about great teams -- the '60s Celtics, the '80s Lakers, Celtics, Sixers and Pistons.

Then, it was about great duos -- Jordan and Pippen, Olajuwon and Drexler, Kemp and Payton, Stockton and Malone, Duncan and Robinson, Shaq and Kobe.

Now, it's about trios, and Houston just created one. That's why the Rockets (assuming they're healthy and "distraction free") suddenly are legitimate title contenders.

That being the case, here's my list of the league's Top 10 threesomes. Remember, this is not a ranking of teams but of Big Threes:

1. Boston: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen
Three Hall of Famers. Two great closers (Pierce and Ray), one terrific defender and rebounder (KG). A 7-footer (KG), a slasher (Pierce) and a textbook jump shooter (Ray). A ring.

By the way, Pierce is nuts if he thinks he's the league's best player. I love his game and he was definitely the finals MVP. But Paul, don't get it twisted: you're probably not even in the Top 10 (I feel like Roger Federer talking to Neil Everett): (In no particular order) LeBron, Kobe, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire.

I like Paul's confidence, though.

2. San Antonio: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili
Duncan's aging, but I'm not ready to count these three out just yet. All three could end up in the Hall of Fame: Parker for being a key star on at least three title teams, and Ginobili for his success on the world stage.

3. Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol
If Bynum returns quickly to the form he displayed (17.6 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 2.1 bpg) in the three weeks preceding his injury, this will be the league's second-best trio, at least. And a fourth option like Lamar Odom only strengthens the Lakers' version of the Big Three.

4. Houston: Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Ron Artest
The main obstacles for the new-look Rockets are health and keeping Ron-Ron under control. If those two factors don't become issues, they will be sweet. We don't even have to talk about their defense. The league's second-best defensive team just added the best, most feared perimeter defender on earth, for goodness sakes.

And offensively, the Rockets now have three legitimate 20-point scorers. T-Mac's an old and weary 29 (entering his 12th season), so the addition of Artest will take some of the heavy offensive burden off his shoulders.

Plus, Artest gives them something some of these Big Threes lack -- an edge.

5. New Orleans: Chris Paul, David West, Tyson Chandler
These three have tremendous chemistry. There's no doubt that Paul lifts West and Chandler to another level, and the sum here is probably better than the individual parts.

Paul is the best point guard on the planet (though D-Will is right on his heels). West is one of the most versatile power forwards in the game who can punish the defense inside, outside and on the break, and Chandler is a great rebounder, a forceful presence defensively and a nice offensive complement to Paul. And as with the Lakers, a fourth-best player like Peja Stojakovic only makes the Bayou's Big Three that much stronger.

6. Phoenix: Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shaquille O'Neal
This may be a stretch, but I'm betting that Nash has one more splendid year in him and that Shaq has one more decent run in him. Amare was a monster next to Shaq, and I'm going to give Shaq the benefit of the doubt and say that pride will motivate him to play well next season.

The Suns' days as a title contender are over, but this threesome must still be respected.

7. Detroit: Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace
Could be another stretch because in my opinion the Pistons, as currently constructed, are no longer contenders. But they'll probably finish with a fairly strong regular-season record. If new coach Michael Curry can get Billups and Wallace to turn back the clock two years, they'll be in business. But that's a big "if." Also, like the Lakers and Hornets, the Pistons have something of a Big Four with Tayshaun Prince.

8. Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Josh Howard
Man, I'm giving the old trios lots of credit, huh. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Rick Carlisle and an offseason of meditation will help these three mesh better. Like Phoenix and Detroit ahead of them, they're done contending for rings, but they can certainly play better than they did last season. Almost went with Washington and Philly over them, but I had to admit that in the East, Dallas would be a force.

9. Washington: Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler
The last time these three were healthy for a significant stretch of time, they sent Eddie Jordan to the All-Star Game as coach of the Eastern Conference. The main downfall of this triumvirate is that there's no dominant big man. Yeah, Jamison was one of only four players to average at least 20 points and 10 rebounds last season, but as good as he is, Jamison's not an overpowering force on the frontline, and that's what you need to be elite. He's barely a power forward.

10. Philadelphia: Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala, Andre Miller
They've got a low-post scorer in Brand, a versatile slasher in Iguodala, and a prototypical point guard in Miller. I'd have them ahead of Washington's three if they'd played together before. And with Iguodala improving, they could climb the charts in the upcoming months.

Others

Utah: Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer are absolutely one of the league's best tandems (assuming Boozer's late-season tumble wasn't a sign of things to come). But there's no third star. If either Mehmet Okur or Andrei Kirilenko can return to their all-star form, the Jazz will definitely have a threesome worthy of the list.

Denver: Again, A.I. and Melo make a fearsome Big Two, but it's a reach to make Kenyon Martin the third piece of a Big Three.

Portland: Prediction: Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden are going to lead the Blazers to the playoffs this year, which is saying a ton considering they're in the West. Hopefully, Oden gets his game back quickly.

Orlando: Offensively, Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis are arguably the best frontcourt in the league. Gotta get better on the other end, though.

Toronto: A lot of questions here. Can Jermaine O'Neal still play at an elite level? Can Jose Calderon play like the all-star caliber point guard he's shown signs of becoming?

Miami: I think Michael Beasley's going to be all that. Obviously, Dwyane Wade already is. But Beasley and Shawn Marion pretty much play the same position. It's hard to put much faith in the Heat considering Wade's penchant for getting hurt, Beasley's youth and Marion's inability to create his own shot, but this crew's got potential.

rayweb_on
07-31-2008, 11:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3512435&name=broussard_chris

NBA's top trios
by Chris Broussard

First, it was about great teams -- the '60s Celtics, the '80s Lakers, Celtics, Sixers and Pistons.

Then, it was about great duos -- Jordan and Pippen, Olajuwon and Drexler, Kemp and Payton, Stockton and Malone, Duncan and Robinson, Shaq and Kobe.

Now, it's about trios, and Houston just created one. That's why the Rockets (assuming they're healthy and "distraction free") suddenly are legitimate title contenders.

That being the case, here's my list of the league's Top 10 threesomes. Remember, this is not a ranking of teams but of Big Threes:

Three Hall of Famers. Two great closers (Pierce and Ray), one terrific defender and rebounder (KG). A 7-footer (KG), a slasher (Pierce) and a textbook jump shooter (Ray). A ring.

By the way, Pierce is nuts if he thinks he's the league's best player. I love his game and he was definitely the finals MVP. But Paul, don't get it twisted: you're probably not even in the Top 10 (I feel like Roger Federer talking to Neil Everett): (In no particular order) LeBron, Kobe, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire.

I like Paul's confidence, though.

Duncan's aging, but I'm not ready to count these three out just yet. All three could end up in the Hall of Fame: Parker for being a key star on at least three title teams, and Ginobili for his success on the world stage.

If Bynum returns quickly to the form he displayed (17.6 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 2.1 bpg) in the three weeks preceding his injury, this will be the league's second-best trio, at least. And a fourth option like Lamar Odom only strengthens the Lakers' version of the Big Three.

4. Houston: Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Ron Artest
The main obstacles for the new-look Rockets are health and keeping Ron-Ron under control. If those two factors don't become issues, they will be sweet. We don't even have to talk about their defense. The league's second-best defensive team just added the best, most feared perimeter defender on earth, for goodness sakes.

And offensively, the Rockets now have three legitimate 20-point scorers. T-Mac's an old and weary 29 (entering his 12th season), so the addition of Artest will take some of the heavy offensive burden off his shoulders.

Plus, Artest gives them something some of these Big Threes lack -- an edge.

5. New Orleans: Chris Paul, David West, Tyson Chandler
These three have tremendous chemistry. There's no doubt that Paul lifts West and Chandler to another level, and the sum here is probably better than the individual parts.

Paul is the best point guard on the planet (though D-Will is right on his heels). West is one of the most versatile power forwards in the game who can punish the defense inside, outside and on the break, and Chandler is a great rebounder, a forceful presence defensively and a nice offensive complement to Paul. And as with the Lakers, a fourth-best player like Peja Stojakovic only makes the Bayou's Big Three that much stronger.

6. Phoenix: Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shaquille O'Neal
This may be a stretch, but I'm betting that Nash has one more splendid year in him and that Shaq has one more decent run in him. Amare was a monster next to Shaq, and I'm going to give Shaq the benefit of the doubt and say that pride will motivate him to play well next season.

The Suns' days as a title contender are over, but this threesome must still be respected.

Could be another stretch because in my opinion the Pistons, as currently constructed, are no longer contenders. But they'll probably finish with a fairly strong regular-season record. If new coach Michael Curry can get Billups and Wallace to turn back the clock two years, they'll be in business. But that's a big "if." Also, like the Lakers and Hornets, the Pistons have something of a Big Four with Tayshaun Prince.

8. Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Josh Howard
Man, I'm giving the old trios lots of credit, huh. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Rick Carlisle and an offseason of meditation will help these three mesh better. Like Phoenix and Detroit ahead of them, they're done contending for rings, but they can certainly play better than they did last season. Almost went with Washington and Philly over them, but I had to admit that in the East, Dallas would be a force.

The last time these three were healthy for a significant stretch of time, they sent Eddie Jordan to the All-Star Game as coach of the Eastern Conference. The main downfall of this triumvirate is that there's no dominant big man. Yeah, Jamison was one of only four players to average at least 20 points and 10 rebounds last season, but as good as he is, Jamison's not an overpowering force on the frontline, and that's what you need to be elite. He's barely a power forward.

10. Philadelphia: Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala, Andre Miller
They've got a low-post scorer in Brand, a versatile slasher in Iguodala, and a prototypical point guard in Miller. I'd have them ahead of Washington's three if they'd played together before. And with Iguodala improving, they could climb the charts in the upcoming months.

Others

Utah: Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer are absolutely one of the league's best tandems (assuming Boozer's late-season tumble wasn't a sign of things to come). But there's no third star. If either Mehmet Okur or Andrei Kirilenko can return to their all-star form, the Jazz will definitely have a threesome worthy of the list.

Denver: Again, A.I. and Melo make a fearsome Big Two, but it's a reach to make Kenyon Martin the third piece of a Big Three.

Portland: Prediction: Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden are going to lead the Blazers to the playoffs this year, which is saying a ton considering they're in the West. Hopefully, Oden gets his game back quickly.

Orlando: Offensively, Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis are arguably the best frontcourt in the league. Gotta get better on the other end, though.

Toronto: A lot of questions here. Can Jermaine O'Neal still play at an elite level? Can Jose Calderon play like the all-star caliber point guard he's shown signs of becoming?

Miami: I think Michael Beasley's going to be all that. Obviously, Dwyane Wade already is. But Beasley and Shawn Marion pretty much play the same position. It's hard to put much faith in the Heat considering Wade's penchant for getting hurt, Beasley's youth and Marion's inability to create his own shot, but this crew's got potential.

so 1 boston NBA ring > than 3 SA :lobt2:???? :bang:bang:rolleyes

lefty
07-31-2008, 11:47 AM
I thought Boston's Big 3 was down to a Big 2 during the playoffs

WildcardManu
07-31-2008, 11:52 AM

I thought the same. Horseshit list to sum it up.

xtremesteven33
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
no surprise that they put the Boston Big 3 at top. im just kinda suprised they didnt put the Rockets "Big 3" at 2.

we all know the TRUE Big 3 and that is Tim,Tony, and Manu.

no question.

lefty
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM

You seem to forget that it was their first season together

rj215
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
And ESPN's love affair with all things Boston continues. It's a shame that one year of Celtics dominance can overshadow a decade of THE BEST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS. I guess that's what happens when you get 3 overpaid chokers together and put them in one of the biggest sports markets in the U.S.

timvp
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
So Duncan is aging yet Garnett isn't? Garnett is all of 20 days younger. Garnett has also played 92 more career games than Duncan and more than 2000 more minutes. Yet Duncan is somehow considered the old man and KG is the up-and-coming championship contender for the next half decade.

I guess the media perception is skewed since KG has been invisible for much of his career. With all his first round exits and missed playoffs, he seems like a youngin'.

T Park
07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
The thing standing in the way of the Houston "big three" is a lack of prozac supply in the whole city.

rAm
07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
So Duncan is aging yet Garnett isn't? Garnett is all of 20 days younger. Garnett has also played 92 more career games than Duncan and more than 2000 more minutes. Yet Duncan is somehow considered the old man and KG is the up-and-coming championship contender for the next half decade.

I guess the media perception is skewed since KG has been invisible for much of his career. With all his first round exits and missed playoffs, he seems like a youngin'.

Not to mention KG's game is much more reliant on his athleticism than Duncan's.

peacemaker885
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Let's give Boston their due. We've been basking in glory for a while now, so let's give them the chance.

Texas_Ranger
07-31-2008, 02:20 PM

:tu

:rollin

hater
07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
4. New Orleans: Chris Paul, David West, Tyson Chandler
5. Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Josh Howard
6. Washington: Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler
7. Phoenix: Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shaquille O'Neal
8. Houston: Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Ron Artest
9. Detroit: Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace
10.Orlando: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis

fixed

but if you count entire team:
1. Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol
2. Boston: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen
3. San Antonio: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili
4. New Orleans: Chris Paul, David West, Tyson Chandler
5. Houston: Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Ron Artest
6. Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Josh Howard
8. Phoenix: Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shaquille O'Neal
10.Orlando: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis

GSH
07-31-2008, 04:09 PM

It does seem strange to read about the Spurs Big 3 being old, but not the Celtics trio. That seems to be the perception with a lot of writers and commentators. It would be nice if some of them actually looked at the facts:

Born within days of each other, Garnett finished high school in 1995 and Duncan finished an honors degree from Wake in 1997. (But this is about age, not IQ.) Garnett has 41,000 NBA minutes compared to Duncan's 37,000 in the NBA plus 4,500 in college - a virtual tie, if you include college ball. If Garnett has any longevity advantage, it's that he's 40 lbs. lighter, and doesn't take nearly the pounding that Duncan does night after night. But for the last 4-5 years, Pop has trimmed Duncan to around 34 mpg, compared to Garnett's 39 mpg. And Duncan has the added advantage of being able to play smart.

Pierce and Ginobili are within 3 months of each other in age. Ginobili played in the Argentinian league from 95-98, and Pierce played at Kansas from 95-98. Ginobili joined the Euro League in 1998, the same year Pierce joined the NBA. In other words, they have competed for the same number of years. Pierce has 30,000 NBA minutes plus 3,000 in college. Ginobili has 15,000 NBA minutes, plus 5,500 in the Argentinian and Euro leagues. Even when you throw in Manu's Olympic and international competition, Pierce has a hell of a lot more mileage on him than Manu.

Ray Allen is almost exactly 7 years older than Tony Parker. He has 35,000 NBA minutes, and 3,000 in college. Tony has 22,000 minutes in the NBA, plus his experience in France and international competitions. (His first 2 seasons were only 30 games long, and his third he was a backup with limited minutes.) The comparison seems kind of silly. Tony is just coming into his prime, whereas Allen is beginning his 14th year in the NBA, and has had serious injury problems in 4 of his last 7 seasons.

Two of the Celtics' Big 3 are the same age as our players, and as a group they are older and have more mileage. Last season, Pierce was injured and only played in 47 games, and Ray Allen only played in 55 for the Sonics. (Near the end of April, the C's were down to 8 healthy players.) At the end of the season, when it counts, Allen was completely out and Pierce was far from 100%. If either, or both of those injuries had happened this season, the Celtics wouldn't have been raising a trophy. Would that have been because they were an "aging" group?

Manu's injury was untimely, but it's not time to put our Big 3 out to pasture. :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

baseline bum
07-31-2008, 04:46 PM

All those missed playoff games have kept KG fresh. Tim's played more than twice as many games and minutes as Garnett in the playoffs.

Ocotillo
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
When he mentions Toronto at the end of his article he leaves out Chris Bosh.

exstatic
07-31-2008, 05:04 PM

So? LeBron had a monster rookie year. Did that make him the best player? No. He only did it one time.

Same fucking thing.

confined
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
This article is trash, anyone who ranks deron fucking williams ahead of dirk in a top 10 list is mentally retarded

coopdogg3
07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
This article is trash, anyone who ranks deron fucking williams ahead of dirk in a top 10 list is mentally retarded

ummmm first of all, it's big 3 vs. big 3. Not Deron vs. Dirk.

Secondly, Dallas' big 3 are ranked 8th, while Utah is in the "Others" category. So Dallas is ranked higher. Your gripe is meaningless.

xtremesteven33
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Celtics vs Spurs- match made in basketball heaven

MavDynasty
07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
what a shitty list.

Spurs r top no question because each one can come through in the clutch and they have proof of it(RINGS).

And i didnt know Dallas had a big 3.

lefty
07-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Celtics vs Spurs- match made in basketball heaven

Celtics vs Lakers match made in David Stern's kitchen

Sissiborgo
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
I thought Boston's Big 3 was down to a Big 2 during the playoffs

TRUE!..

Galileo
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
TRUE!..

Allen's playoff stats:

26 games

5 games with single digit points, including one with ZERO points, only six 20-point games.

15.6 points per game, .428 shooting, 3.8 rebounds, 2.7 assists, on 38 minutes per game. NOT IMPRESSIVE!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html

ducks
07-31-2008, 06:13 PM
houston does not have ron ron yet
why post them

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll be shocked if Boston goes back-to-back in 2009. The one thing in their favor is the weaker Eastern conference.

That's clearly a 'what have you done for me lately' list.

nkdlunch
07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
I'll be shocked if Boston goes back-to-back in 2009. The one thing in their favor is the weaker Eastern conference.

That's clearly a 'what have you done for me lately' list.

they won't. They lost Posey. I swear Posey made small miracles to keep them going this title run.

Lakers look too damn tough. I am afraid it's gonna be Celtics/Lakers back-to-back. :pctoss

Spurtacus
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM

tlongII
07-31-2008, 08:03 PM
There's a new Big 3 on the horizon.

manufor3
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
There's a new Big 3 on the horizon.

im on the verge of ignoring u

spursfan09
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM

you seem to forget that in 03 it was Tim, Tony and Manu's first season playing together also.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
What happened to Melo/AI/AC ? :drunk :depressed :lol

carina_gino20
07-31-2008, 10:14 PM
10 > 3.

It's funny that the only reason they have for putting the Spurs at No.2 is Duncan's age. If there's anyone capable of handling aging in basketball, it'd be Duncan.

lefty
07-31-2008, 10:43 PM
you seem to forget that in 03 it was Tim, Tony and Manu's first season playing together also.

Exactly; Spurs big 3 won their 1st title together the 1st season they played together.

Just like the Celtics big 3.

timvp
07-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Exactly; Spurs big 3 won their 1st title together the 1st season they played together.

Manu was about the fifth or sixth best player on that team. The Big Three that year was TD, DRob and TP.

lefty
07-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Manu was about the fifth or sixth best player on that team. The Big Three that year was TD, DRob and TP.

Good point

ducks
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM

ouch church of manu

lefty
07-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Let's make it the big 4 :D

ShoogarBear
07-31-2008, 11:14 PM

Actually, according to basketball-reference:

KG = 37,864 regular + 2989 playoff = 40,853 minutes
TD = 30,616 regular + 6020 playoff = 36,818 minutes

So the difference is actually 4035 minutes.

KG has played more regular season minutes than Duncan has played TOTAL minutes. Thanks to all that stat-padding time Flip had him doing in the fourth-quarter. :tu

wijayas
07-31-2008, 11:56 PM

In a jv West conference...

wijayas
07-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Actually, according to basketball-reference:

KG = 37,864 regular + 2989 playoff = 40,853 minutes
TD = 30,616 regular + 6020 playoff = 36,818 minutes

So the difference is actually 4035 minutes.

KG has played more regular season minutes than Duncan has played TOTAL minutes. Thanks to all that stat-padding time Flip had him doing in the fourth-quarter. :tu

Shoogarbear, we should include the minutes that Duncan played in College. Anybody knows? I bet Duncan played more minutes than KG if his college record is included.

duncan228
08-01-2008, 12:17 AM
...the minutes that Duncan played in College. Anybody knows?

Duncan played 4496 minutes at Wake.

Manufan909
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM
D228 with the save!!!

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 12:27 AM
This is just like power rankings, they are fun to debate, but are so subjective. I think the reason why KG does not get the old tag is because he is so "athletic". Tim looks a lot slower and hence the age comparisons get directed towards him.

Does not matter though, it could all be argued either way, but the Spurs with the real minutes played comparisons plus the hardware should be number 1.

duncan228
08-01-2008, 12:31 AM
D228 with the save!!!

:lol Duncan's my specialty.

milkyway21
08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Just 1 ring for the newest version of the Celtics and they already over-rate them :lol

I doubt if they can even dispose easily the Phoenix Sun's trio of ShaQ/Amare/Nash.

Duncan/Manu/TP> KG/Pierce/Allen :p:

underdawg
08-01-2008, 12:46 AM
what's not mentioned is which Big 3 has been together the longest

spursfan09
08-01-2008, 06:58 AM

o, then i did not sense the scarcasm then. :)

confined
08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
ummmm first of all, it's big 3 vs. big 3. Not Deron vs. Dirk.

Secondly, Dallas' big 3 are ranked 8th, while Utah is in the "Others" category. So Dallas is ranked higher. Your gripe is meaningless.

Actually, before the article he metions paul pierce's comment, then names 10 players who are better than him, one of which was deron williams, and not dirk.

nice try though asshole :nope

coopdogg3
08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Actually, before the article he metions paul pierce's comment, then names 10 players who are better than him, one of which was deron williams, and not dirk.

nice try though asshole :nope

So if Dallas's trio is better than Utah's, and Dallas has been knocked out in the 1st round the past 2 years - what does this mean?

Try again.

Until Dallas and Dirk finally do something in the play-offs again, they're not gonna get respect.

confined
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
So if Dallas's trio is better than Utah's, and Dallas has been knocked out in the 1st round the past 2 years - what does this mean?

Try again.

Until Dallas and Dirk finally do something in the play-offs again, they're not gonna get respect.

i wasn't aware Utah even HAD a trio :wakeup

jack sommerset
08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm not a Mangoo fan but I agree with what the orginal writter wrote about Mangoo's chances of getting in to the Hall of Fame because of his success on the world stage. If we judge him only in the NBA....No way!

Solid D
08-01-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/ginobili_490_20080801.jpg

manufor3
08-02-2008, 07:41 AM
utah>dallas

confined
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
emo music > ???

timtonymanu
08-07-2008, 03:18 AM
i find it dumb that Boston's trio is already ahead of the Spurs' own. They need to win 3 more to be ahead of us. i'm not being biased. it's the truth.