PDA

View Full Version : Duncan has swelling but won't miss game

Kori Ellis
02-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Duncan has swelling but won't miss game
Web Posted: 02/06/2005 12:00 AM CST

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA020605.11C.BKNspurs.duncan.7d086e44.html

San Antonio Express-News

Spurs forward Tim Duncan, who suffered a hyperextended left knee in Thursday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers, has experienced what a team spokesperson described as normal swelling and soreness from the injury, but he is not expected to miss the team's next game.

The Spurs play the Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday in Charlotte, N.C.

The team's medical and training staff deemed an MRI exam unnecessary after examining the knee Saturday at the team's practice facility. Duncan also received some therapeutic treatment. As a precaution, Duncan likely will be held out of a practice session scheduled for today.

Duncan suffered the hyperextension in the second quarter of the 103-91 victory at the Staples Center when Lakers forward Caron Butler fell into his leg after Duncan tried to block Butler's shot.

The Spurs' scoring leader, named Thursday as a starter in the Feb. 20 All-Star Game, returned to action in the third quarter but did not play in the fourth after the Spurs built a 28-point lead.

Mike Monroe

usckk
02-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh no!

exstatic
02-06-2005, 01:23 AM
I mildly hyperextended my knee back in my 20s. I went to get it looked at, and the doc gave me coated aspirin, not even Motrin. As I recall, the knee was swollen for a few days. That was it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I mildly hyperextended my knee back in my 20s. I went to get it looked at, and the doc gave me coated aspirin, not even Motrin. As I recall, the knee was swollen for a few days. That was it.

A picture of the "coated aspirin."

http://www.mailbling.com/fire18.jpg

Mark in Austin
02-06-2005, 10:28 AM
:lol

Fat Bones
02-06-2005, 01:35 PM
But, he will miss the All Star game.

His hip is hurting, and he wants the rest...so I've been told.

I guess we'll see.

Dre_7
02-06-2005, 04:28 PM
I wouldnt be surprized to see him play a few minutes here-and-there in the ASG, but not much. I think POP should count it a blessing to me cpaching the ASG. Not cuz its an "honor" but cuz he gets to control TD's (and possibly Manu's) minutes. :)

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-06-2005, 04:47 PM
But, he will miss the All Star game.

His hip is hurting, and he wants the rest...so I've been told.

I guess we'll see.

If this is true(LINK) will the NBA send Tony or Manu to replace TIM.