PDA

View Full Version : Firefox/IE not loading any pages, yet AOL will?

Sigz
07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Okay, I don't want to sound to drastic here but bear with me:

I have a microbiology final coming up tomorrow (friday) night, and my professor has a bunch of lab review videos set up online. The only problem is, is that for some odd reason they only work with Firefox or IE.

I was using firefox since the last time I could remember... I used it last night, shut it down to go to bed, started my PC up this morning, tried to load FF and no page will load!

Okay... 1 page will load, and it's the google search page.

Other than that, nothing will show up. It just sits there saying "waiting for blah blah page to load"

I know I can use AOL, but using firefox was so much quicker and easier.

I'm currently using an XP PC, and I'm on a network connection (linksys2). The signal strength is perfect, and everything is hooked up.

Please, do you have an answer for this?

(Firefox/IE will not load a thing.. yet AOL will?)

PM5K
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Aol, Lmmfao...

velik_m
08-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Okay, I don't want to sound to drastic here but bear with me:

I have a microbiology final coming up tomorrow (friday) night, and my professor has a bunch of lab review videos set up online. The only problem is, is that for some odd reason they only work with Firefox or IE.

I was using firefox since the last time I could remember... I used it last night, shut it down to go to bed, started my PC up this morning, tried to load FF and no page will load!

Okay... 1 page will load, and it's the google search page.

Other than that, nothing will show up. It just sits there saying "waiting for blah blah page to load"

I know I can use AOL, but using firefox was so much quicker and easier.

I'm currently using an XP PC, and I'm on a network connection (linksys2). The signal strength is perfect, and everything is hooked up.

Please, do you have an answer for this?

(Firefox/IE will not load a thing.. yet AOL will?)

My guess would be your firewall is blocking them. Google probably loads up because it's in your cache.

Nbadan
08-01-2008, 02:46 AM
try uninstalling firefox and doing a clean install....I find that sometimes when FF updates itself it messes with some of my previous settings...