PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson not allowed into Beijing because of HIV

Magic_Johnson
08-01-2008, 01:57 AM
f**k china :flipoff

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/4840132/olympics-chinas-maintains-hivaids-entry-ban-despite-olympic-scrutiny

The ban would mean that basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson -- who won an Olympic gold with the US "Dream Team" in Barcelona in 1992 a year after announcing he had contracted HIV -- would not be allowed entry to Beijing as a tourist.

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2008, 02:05 AM
China will never see the Olympics again. So far, it is sucking (just like when Atlanta got the Olympics, but that sucked for different situations).

alamo50
08-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Wow..................so sad.
Team USA should withdraw immediately.
I ain´t joking.

AnotherArgie
08-01-2008, 04:16 AM

:downspin:

diego
08-01-2008, 05:21 AM
reminds of the time the US wouldnt give maradona a visa some years back (first, the soccer team he played for was doing training camp and exhibitions in the US, and after, he wanted to go to a rehab clinic in the US), citing his cocaine problem (for those unfamiliar, maradona was arrested once, never convicted for drug use, and only suspended by FIFA for failing drug tests- once for cocaine, the other for ephedrine- of course, the more likely reason maradona had his visa denied is his well known support of fidel castro)

my wife asked what i was writing, and told me that an uruguayan actor (fernando peña) was going to his son's wedding in the US but had his visa denied for being HIV positive

its a small world after all, its a small world after all...

Ill Cosby
08-01-2008, 08:11 AM
"Despite last week removing a ban on visitors with leprosy entering the country -- a move state media highlighted ahead of next month's Games -- the long-time block on people with HIV or AIDS remains in place."

Damn, ppl still get leprosy?

But I'm kinda second guessin even watchin' this BS now

I didn't want to, then I did, but now after this and the whole thing about China businesses not serving "undesirable people" (ie black ppl), I don't want to support this in any fashion

It's time for the US athletes to grown a pair and stand up for something

Stern even gave them permission to protest if they wanted to, but Wade and Lebron acted like they were shook

We got discrimination and genocide goin' on and they don't want to say nothing?!

nil.ball
08-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Wow..................so sad.
I ain´t joking.

:rollin what are you trying to imply?

Hemotivo
08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
reminds of the time the US wouldnt give maradona a visa some years back (first, the soccer team he played for was doing training camp and exhibitions in the US, and after, he wanted to go to a rehab clinic in the US), citing his cocaine problem (for those unfamiliar, maradona was arrested once, never convicted for drug use, and only suspended by FIFA for failing drug tests- once for cocaine, the other for ephedrine- of course, the more likely reason maradona had his visa denied is his well known support of fidel castro)

my wife asked what i was writing, and told me that an uruguayan actor (fernando peña) was going to his son's wedding in the US but had his visa denied for being HIV positive

:wow again

Findog
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Magic has got the AIDS....Magical AIDS

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
China fags.

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM

:lol:lmao

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
You guys need to stop being so HIV-negative about this situation.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 09:51 AM

You're exactly right.

I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive.

Findog
08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
:lmao

lefty
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
f**k china :flipoff

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/4840132/olympics-chinas-maintains-hivaids-entry-ban-despite-olympic-scrutiny

Don't worry, Paris will get the Olympics someday :rolleyes

midgetonadonkey
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't blame the Chinese. They don't want Magic spreading his AIDS to everyone. All HIV and AIDS positive people should be put in camps away from the general population.

I'm actually serious about this.

Findog
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't blame the Chinese. They don't want Magic spreading his AIDS to everyone. All HIV and AIDS positive people should be put in camps away from the general population.

Yeah, it's not like China doesn't have a huge AIDS problem that will be made worse by Magic fucking everything in sight once he gets over there.

lefty
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM

I understand, but imagine how Magic is feeling right now.

It's bad enough he has AIDS, and now they reject him because of it.

Findog
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I understand, but imagine how Magic is feeling right now.

It's bad enough he has AIDS, and now they reject him because of it.

Poor Magic. I guess he'll cry himself to sleep tonight while laying on a giant pile of money.

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Interesting fact. The total number of deaths by HIV and AID’s is equal to the population of Beijing. Think about that, it isn’t just a coincidence.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII can’t back that up. It just sounded good.
ANOTHER Interesting Development Starts

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Poor Magic. I guess he'll cry himself to sleep tonight while laying on a giant pile of money.

:lol

kolko
08-01-2008, 10:23 AM
United States also doesn't allow people with HIV to enter the country. (They don't give him the visa)

gay abc
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM

:nope

nil.ball
08-01-2008, 10:25 AM

LOL
so US started it first, now chinese copied US. I don't know, I guess Karma is a real bitch sometimes.

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
What would be awesome is if Magic started having unprotected sex with lepers in the stands during Team USA games.

nil.ball
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
United States also doesn't allow people with HIV to enter the country. (They don't give him the visa)

China fags.

So is it politically correct to say:
USA fags.

:rollin

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Magic does not have teh HIV. It's confirmed.

He bought his way out of it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM
So is it politically correct to say:
USA fags.Yup.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM

Are you sure or are you HIV positive?

lefty
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM

Even when you are rich, it must be hard to deal with HIV.

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Are you sure or are you HIV positive?

Oh I'm positive son. ;)

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Did Magic have sex with China fags or USA fags to contract the virus?

Fillmoe
08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I thought he was black so he couldnt go anyways?

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I thought he was black so he couldnt go anyways?

The real test will be if they allow black lepers in there.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
http://noolmusic.com/myspace_videos/south_park_hiv_positive.php

Findog
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM

It turns out that the cure for AIDS is injecting yourself with $250,000.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
:lol

hater
08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
same thing USA would do

LocosPorJuana
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I love how the U.S calls out China on Human rights violations, when infact it wasn't China funding Death squads in El Salvador, that led to the massacre of 80,000 civilians.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-01-2008, 01:18 PM

I live and work in a capital city of 40%+ HIV rate.... and this is just about the worst comment i have seen from anyone.

Dumbass Chinese probably think you can catch HIV by sneezing. Maybe they should have done a better job at controlling their bird flu.......

I'm not suprised that an American is also uneducated about HIV/Aids. Heck i know most westerners have no idea just how tough it is to actually get HIV/Aids...... you cant catch it unless you put yourself in risky situations....and we should generally know better than that, but there is no need to overreact

hater
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I live and work in a capital city of 40%+ HIV rate.... and this is just about the worst comment i have seen from anyone.

what city do u live in ??

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM

Dumbass Chinese probably think you can catch HIV by sneezing. Maybe they should have done a better job at controlling their bird flu.......

I'm not suprised that an American is also uneducated about HIV/Aids. Heck i know most westerners have no idea just how tough it is to actually get HIV/Aids...... you cant catch it unless you put yourself in risky situations....and we should generally know better than that, but there is no need to overreact

Sometimes the average American is unable to mitigate all risk himself. There have been plenty of cases in which young children and "non-risky" individuals have contracted HIV/AIDS as the result of a tainted blood transfusion.

Undoubtedly, China will not let individuals who increase the risk of contracting a deadly disease with no known cure into the country, especially since I doubt China has as controlled or robust a health-care system in place. If these medical mistakes have been made in America, they will easily be made in China.

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 03:23 PM

Werd I don't wanna visit

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I love how the U.S calls out China on Human rights violations, when infact it wasn't China funding Death squads in El Salvador, that led to the massacre of 80,000 civilians.

Right, only the massacre of millions of children due to overpopulation. And suppression of people in Tibet.

"But... but... the United States created the AIDS virus to target minorities and homosexuals!!"

diego
08-01-2008, 06:29 PM
eh, i dont want to get into a east v west commie v capitalist pissing match, but i've always been a little bothered by the whole free tibet thing. whats the difference between that and the indigenous peoples of any other country?? native americans ring a bell? i know theyve mostly been killed off and segregated but they did exist.

china isnt perfect, dont get me wrong... but really i dont think theres a single country whose dominant culture didnt repress a weaker one, yet the accusations are rarely ever internal.

AnotherArgie
08-01-2008, 06:30 PM

And we don't either, how about that. HIV test (in theory) is required for anyone staying longer than 3 moths (impossible to implement since most countries don't require a VISA to get here), but the government DOES make HIV tests for any inmigrant trying to get a work permit. Our government sucks, too.

Even more: AFAIK the US Senate banned the prohibition like a week ago. I guess that's why all this Magic Johnson stuff is coming out.

timaios
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM

US activists praise Senate for lifting HIV travel ban
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080718/usa/us_travel_rights_aids

"For 20 years, the United States has barred HIV-positive travelers from entering the country even for one day."

MaNuMaNiAc
08-01-2008, 07:11 PM
US activists praise Senate for lifting HIV travel ban
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080718/usa/us_travel_rights_aids

"For 20 years, the United States has barred HIV-positive travelers from entering the country even for one day."

So the US has JUST NOW eliminated the ban on HIV infected immigration, but the Chinese are dumb asses because they haven't done so yet??

I suggest that before people go and insult another culture you look at your fucking selves first. Hypocrites.

P.S. this post wasn't directed at you timaios, but rather at all the idiots here insulting China for doing something their government had been doing up until a few weeks ago...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Im sure Magic understands.

:tu

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/hiv.jpg

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Fuck you China or whoever made this decision.

timaios
08-01-2008, 10:39 PM
So the US has JUST NOW eliminated the ban on HIV infected immigration, but the Chinese are dumb asses because they haven't done so yet??

I suggest that before people go and insult another culture you look at your fucking selves first. Hypocrites.

P.S. this post wasn't directed at you timaios, but rather at all the idiots here insulting China for doing something their government had been doing up until a few weeks ago...

Not yet.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/07/31/18521338.php

WASHINGTON, DC—July 31, 2008—President Bush signed the President’s Emergency Program (PEPFAR) into law yesterday at the White House.

The landmark bill, which passed in both the House and Senate by wide margins earlier this month, provides $48 billion over the next five years for the global fight of AIDS. Within the legislation is a directive to lift the HIV travel/immigration ban, which bars foreign travelers with HIV/AIDS from entering the United States unless they obtain a spouse or family waiver. That ban is blatantly discriminatory, particularly against gay men and lesbians with the illness, because under current US immigration law, their partners do not qualify as spouses or family.

While the President’s signature on this bill is a first step toward working to end immigration discrimination, one more barrier for HIV-positive visitors and immigrants must be removed. US immigration laws require the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to maintain a list of diseases that render people unable to enter the United States. HIV remains on that list.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Maseru, Lesotho, Africa

E20
08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Magic probably had crackwhores snort cocaine off his erect penis, while using benjamins as condoms. That's the time he probably got aids when he was doing them.

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Magic probably had crackwhores snort cocaine off his erect penis, while using benjamins as condoms. That's the time he probably got aids when he was doing them.
Or maybe he had sex with the wrong women asshole. Too bad that aids will always be a worry. No more fun sex without worrying about things like this.

mavfan1000
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Or maybe he had sex with the wrong women asshole. Too bad that aids will always be a worry. No more fun sex without worrying about things like this.

Quit acting like we've ever had sex

E20
08-01-2008, 11:12 PM

What a pussy. LMAO

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 11:14 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/ChristannMarie/funny_shit.jpg

jonnybravo
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I guess you shit for brain buffoons keep skipping over the fact that for the last 20 years we've done the same thing?

Wait wtf am I thinking. This America. Of course you fucken monkeys don't know.

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Quit acting like we've ever had sex
Ban this fucker impersonating me. I'll make a complaint to Kori Ellis if I have to.

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 11:51 PM
What a pussy. LMAO
Yes you are. You don't have to tell me. You just showed what you are in one post.

v2freak
08-02-2008, 06:24 AM
LOL
so US started it first, now chinese copied US. I don't know, I guess Karma is a real bitch sometimes.

It's bad for sure, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

exstatic
08-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Ban this fucker impersonating me. I'll make a complaint to Kori Ellis if I have to.

Yes you are. You don't have to tell me. You just showed what you are in one post.

Pot/ Kettle/ Black

If you can't handle having your own personal troll, perhaps this isn't the forum for you. I'm sure Kori laughs her ass off at every one of your doppelganger's posts. Go ahead and complain, though. I'm sure she never gets enough humor in her daily diet. :lol

Indazone
08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
:lmao

mavfans1000
08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Pot/ Kettle/ Black

If you can't handle having your own personal troll, perhaps this isn't the forum for you. I'm sure Kori laughs her ass off at every one of your doppelganger's posts. Go ahead and complain, though. I'm sure she never gets enough humor in her daily diet. :lol

:bang:bang

angelbelow
08-02-2008, 02:39 PM
wow.. that really sucks.