PDA

View Full Version : This article might be difficult for CaptMike to swallow...

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 09:44 AM
... because it puts Zac Robinson and Stephen McGee in the same breath.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-1-98/McGee--Robinson-are-Big-12-s-forgotten-QBs.html

McGee, Robinson are Big 12's forgotten QBs

July 28, 2008 3:47 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

There's a natural tendency to focus on the "Big Five" as the top quarterbacks in the Big 12 this upcoming season and to forget about everybody else.

No one can discount the credentials of Texas' Colt McCoy, Kansas' Todd Reesing, Missouri's Chase Daniel, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford or Texas Tech's Graham Harrell. In a mailbag earlier today, I predicted that any of those five players could end up in New York City at the Heisman Trophy presentation with some luck, big statistics and team success.

But when the attention of the conference is focused on those players, two others aren't mentioned. And the statistics produced last season by Texas A&M's Stephen McGee and Oklahoma State's Zac Robinson are on par with any quarterback in the country.

McGee and Robinson were among six quarterbacks nationally who rushed for more than 800 yards and passed for more than 2,000 in a season. That listed was headed by Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow, who produced mind-boggling numbers of 895 rushing yards, 23 rushing touchdowns, 3,286 passing yards and 32 touchdown passes last season.

Neither had that much team success last season, as both of their teams were 7-6. And neither team is expected to challenge for the South Division championship this season.

As a matter of fact, new Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman has thrown the starting job open between McGee and backup Jerrod Johnson. Robinson will be the focal point of Oklahoma State's offense that will lose leading rusher Dantrell Savage and top receiver Adarius Bowman.

Both McGee and Robinson merit at least a mention with some of the other top national quarterbacks, even if most don't place them among the top five quarterbacks in their own conference.

K-State Spur
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
to be a bit of a homer - Josh Freeman may well turn out better than any of them.

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
He possibly, could, man. I just hope McGee can transition into a more balanced offense.

Holmes_Fans
08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
He possibly, could, man. I just hope McGee can transition into a more balanced offense.
He can. He was more of a passer in HS, fran is the one who promised him passing and turned him into an option QB. Everyone always seems to think he has 0 passing skill when he led Burnet to 2 state finals throwing the ball.

Doug Collins
08-02-2008, 08:38 PM
He can. He was more of a passer in HS, fran is the one who promised him passing and turned him into an option QB. Everyone always seems to think he has 0 passing skill when he led Burnet to 2 state finals throwing the ball.

Fran also forced him into the single read passing attack, that later evolved into the single read oh shit I have to run cause no one is open passing attack.

McGee can do it I just haven't seen really good arm strength from him. Hopefully, he wins the starting job in the spring and shows us what he can do.

MajorMike
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
And the obession continues...

johngateswhiteley
08-03-2008, 09:30 PM
mike always swallows...

dallaskd
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
to be a bit of a homer - Josh Freeman may well turn out better than any of them.

:tu

RonMexico
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM

I know he can throw the ball, I just hope he can adjust to a new offense quickly enough after getting physically destroyed last year by running the ball 300 times per game.

RonMexico
08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
And the obession continues...

Same quote you always make... try for something original next time.

RonMexico
08-04-2008, 02:53 PM
A&M also got 3 votes in the coaches' poll to Okla St's 1.

If Mike weren't so scared of getting dominated, he would unblock me. Such is the state of his vagina...

degenerate_gambler
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I know he can throw the ball, I just hope he can adjust to a new offense quickly enough after getting physically destroyed last year by running the ball 300 times per game.

what is it....5 new starters on the OL this year as well?

RonMexico
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
what is it....5 new starters on the OL this year as well?

I believe it's 4, but it could be 5. It basically means that he better be ready to scramble.