PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard Arrested for Street Racing

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Josh Howard Arrested for Street Racing
Last Edited: Friday, 01 Aug 2008, 2:31 PM CDT
Created: Friday, 01 Aug 2008, 2:31 PM CDT

Mavericks guard Josh Howard was arrested in Winston-Salem, N.C. Thursday night for street racing, according to police.

Howard is facing charges of speeding, reckless driving, and speed competition, according to myFOXdfw's sister station myFOXwghp.com.

The website says an officer spotted Howard driving a black Lexus with a passenger on the city's west side.

Howard was taken to the Forsyth County magistrate's office and released on a written promise to appear in court on Sept. 23.

Howard graduated from Wake Forest and has been pro for five years.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7117193&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Findog
08-01-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/24728earlyskunkclose2.JPG

sribb43
08-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Wouldnt it have been great if the cops had found weed in his car

Findog
08-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Wouldnt it have been great if the cops had found weed in his car

Nah, they smoked it all up

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
:lmao Josh Howard is a dumbass.

sribb43
08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Nah, they smoked it all up

Sad thing is your probably right:depressed

jack sommerset
08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Should have traded him for Artest.

Shank
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Drugs, fast cars.

If he Russ Martins a woman, he'll have completed the trifecta. I wish him luck.

Findog
08-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Drugs, fast cars.

If he Russ Martins a woman, he'll have completed the trifecta. I wish him luck.

Is Josh Howard gonna have to choke a bitch?

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Wow what the fuck. I though Carlisle was mentoring him to become a better person.
There was an interview on him the other day about him trying to become the person he was a few years back and he was mad at everyone assuming things about him. Well its not our fault u cant stay out of trouble and that u have pissed away your potential and possibly your career by doing weed.

He is Sean Taylor V2.

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
This just keeps getting better. He's obviously really working hard this offseason and continues to be a leader for the childern.

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm glad Josh has turned his life around ....

mavs>spurs2
08-01-2008, 03:10 PM
We turned down Artest!!! :lmao

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Josh howard is the next ron artest.

I'm gonna go to a mavs game next year to throw beer on him just so he can kick my ass and prove to everyone he is the same hot headed selfish ignorant piece of shit he has been for the last 2 years.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
What a dumbass.

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Too bad were not gonna get shit for him because his trade value is at an all time low.

mavs>spurs2
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM

I'm gonna go to a mavs game next year to throw beer on him just so he can kick my ass and prove to everyone he is the same hot headed selfish ignorant piece of shit he has been for the last 2 years.

:lmao If you do this, at least let me buy the beer. Maybe together we can kick his ass.

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
:lmao

Shank
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM

Who the hell wastes beer like that? They're like $7.

sribb43
08-01-2008, 03:19 PM

:rollin...let me know which game so i can get tickets

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe if the mavs are on the verge of making the playoffs, I can piss off Cuban AND the entire mavs nation by doing it near seasons end so he is gone for the playoffs,not like he does shit anyways.

xtremesteven33
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
how is he dumb? who here hasnt raced in thier car? it just so happens that hes an NBA player. please stop all the self righteous bull. hes young and human. people make mistakes....

sribb43
08-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Maybe if the mavs are on the verge of making the playoffs, I can piss off Cuban AND the entire mavs nation by doing it near seasons end so he is gone for the playoffs,not like he does shit anyways.

at least wait till the 2nd half of the game bc thats when he does nothing but stand around

JamStone
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
He had a very good explanation though.

He was trying to get to White Castle's.

Shank
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM

After running into NPH.

Shank
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Anyone good enough with Photoshop to make a poster of Howard and Kumar? I'm shit with it.

sribb43
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Donnie Nelson comments on the arrest...'We still love our team"

RonMexico
08-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Josh Howard has released a statement:

"I understand what people will think, but I'm still ghetto, That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. I don't think America has ever seen a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. If you go back to me smoking weed, street racing, and choking in the playoffs, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me on the street, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Josh Howard never changed."

nil.ball
08-01-2008, 03:37 PM

"I understand what people will think, but I'm still ghetto, That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. I don't think America has ever seen a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. If you go back to me smoking weed, street racing, and choking in the playoffs, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me on the street, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Josh Howard never changed."

:rollin

sribb43
08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Did J-ho atleast win the race?

Probably not, Im sure he managed to choke that away too

MavDynasty
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM

:lol :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 04:00 PM

It's because AJ's had been making them slow things down for the last couple of seasons. If only he'd been riding with J-Kidd.

monosylab1k

He started off strong but faded at the end.

monosylab1k
Great to see that his past failings have taught him lessons in using good judgement :td

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Well he has yet to reach Nate Newton like levels of FAIL but he's getting there.

JamStone
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM

FTW

Findog
08-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh stop acting like it's the end of the world. This is nothing more than fodder for pot jokes.

ThunderStix®
08-01-2008, 04:10 PM

/thread. :lol

monosylab1k
08-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh stop acting like it's the end of the world. This is nothing more than fodder for pot jokes.

This is the guy we're resting the hopes of all next season on, the guy who failed us all miserably last season and promised everyone how he'd regain his status and use better judgement.

And he just got arrested. I don't care what for, he got fucking arrested.

As I've said hundreds of times now, Josh Howard didn't learn shit from last season, and he has no intentions of changing. If he is on the roster next season, this team is destined to fail.

sribb43
08-01-2008, 04:13 PM
He started off strong but faded at the end.

:lol

Findog
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
This is the guy we're resting the hopes of all next season on, the guy who failed us all miserably last season and promised everyone how he'd regain his status and use better judgement.

And he just got arrested. I don't care what for, he got fucking arrested.

As I've said hundreds of times now, Josh Howard didn't learn shit from last season, and he has no intentions of changing. If he is on the roster next season, this team is destined to fail.

They'd get nothing but 40 cents on the dollar for him. They're stuck with him, for better or worse. This cements it.

monosylab1k
08-01-2008, 04:16 PM
They'd get nothing but 40 cents on the dollar for him. They're stuck with him, for better or worse. This cements it.

They could have had Ron Artest. That's $1.10 on the dollar.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Well they won't get any good NBA players for him, but they could swing a deal for Tony Stewart now.

Findog
They could have had Ron Artest. That's $1.10 on the dollar.

Yeah, for one year only, and then next summer no Josh, no Artest, no cap room to replace Artest.

monosylab1k
At this point I'd take .40 on the dollar for him. Fuck it, they're not gonna win a damn thing with him....maybe if Donnie Nelson takes time out of his busy schedule doing non-Mavs related jobs, he might actually scout a relative uknown/possible gem in the NBA that we could get for him.

monosylab1k
08-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah, for one year only, and then next summer no Josh, no Artest, no cap room to replace Artest.

And no Kidd.

Which means finally rebuilding.

JamStone
08-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Trade him for Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni. Maybe Paxson is stupid enough.

Findog
08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
You don't just give assets away, not even knuckleheads like Josh Howard.

monosylab1k
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
You don't just give assets away, not even knuckleheads like Josh Howard.

At this point, I'd rather be the Grizzlies than the Mavericks. They've got a future. The Mavs have no future and no present either. They're stuck in mediocrity until they do something about it.

Findog
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
And no Kidd.

Which means finally rebuilding.

They'll still be tight against the cap when Kidd comes off the books next summer. Mavs are fucked for awhile cap-wise whether they blow it up and rebuild or try to keep winning. They're only one impact player away from a return to elite contention. They should try to win to start the season and try to pick somebody up in February.

baseline bum
08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Well he has yet to reach Nate Newton like levels of FAIL but he's getting there.

Nate Newton? Nate Newton was trafficking marijuana. Josh Howard committed a misdemeanor. I get that most people are smart enough to grow out of racing their car by 18 or 19, but it's not like Howard is some criminal.

Findog
08-01-2008, 04:25 PM
At this point, I'd rather be the Grizzlies than the Mavericks. They've got a future. The Mavs have no future and no present either. They're stuck in mediocrity until they do something about it.

They're stuck in the lower half of the West playoff seeds right now, that's a level or two above mediocrity. Seriously, we're not worse than Portland and Phoenix. All it takes is one impact player to get back to elite contention. The Lakers got Gasol. The Rockets got Artest. There will probably be some star that comes available in January because he's got a big contract and his team isn't doing so hot.

I'd rather be the Mavs than the Grizzlies. Having nice, young pieces is no guarantee of a future anything. The Mavs are clearly not a championship contender right now but they're not far from it either.

crgassoc
08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
In a lexus racing a volkswagen - WTF?

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
In a lexus racing a volkswagen - WTF?

I know! That's like pairing a #1 seed against a #8 seed. What bullshit.

stipendlax
08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I know! That's like pairing a #1 seed against a #8 seed. What bullshit.

You're pouring salt on fresh wounds, man.

Gino
08-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Are the Dallas Mavericks just the most cursed organization in the history of sports?

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
You're pouring salt on fresh wounds, man.

I'm just cranky because I have to stick around til five and I swear the clock is running backwards in my office. Nothing personal Mavsfan.

Red Hawk #21
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Are the Dallas Mavericks just the most cursed organization in the history of sports?

You must never have heard of the Atlanta Hawks...

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2008, 06:47 PM

lurker
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm just pissed they didn't take a mugshot. It would've been perfect for my signature.

Maybe next time.

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Fuck you Josh Howard haters. He is my hero. Vamos.

Spurtacus
08-01-2008, 10:28 PM

:lol

Spurtacus
08-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Fuck you Josh Howard haters. He is my hero. Vamos.

Fuck you too, loser.

mavsfan1000
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Fuck you too, loser.
Go to hell asshole.

nil.ball
08-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry I missed all the fun

Was Josh street racing to Blockbuster because Harold and Kumar 2 came out this week?

I think he ran out of weed, and needed some fix.

Roxsfan
08-01-2008, 11:34 PM
who cares about juwan Howard or josh howard--same difference:sleep

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Beneath the clothes we find the man and beneath the man we find the ... nucleus