PDA

View Full Version : Messing around

bavarianworks
08-01-2008, 08:05 PM
With some trades, read that Chicago is looking to ship Nocioni out, and it looks like Brad Miller won't be headed down to Chicago.. So what about this?

Oberto/Bonner for Nocioni?

They get the veteran center they desperately need and a PF in bonner to backup Noah.

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 08:15 PM
This trade (of sorts) has already been brought up many times on here by me. Also a Kurt Thomas/Bonner for Nocioni. Here is a link to the page that goes into the pros/cons!

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102210&page=2

Solid D
08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Suggestion: Find out the salaries for Oberto and Bonner from eskimo.com or hoopshype or even SpursTalk http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100836&highlight=Salaries and then play with them on paper or in Realgm.com and get the feel of what trades work and which ones do not. Also look at value for value, instead of suggesting things like....Sheed for Oberto+Bonner. Just sayin'...you got to learn to fish.

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Espn Trade Machine is also a nice function.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Tully365
08-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Number of times in the last month someone on Spurstalk has suggested trading Bonner or pairing Bonner with another player to receive a better player in return: 857

Number of times in last month on other teams' forums, espn, hoopshype, nba.com, or countless other basketball sites I've read that any team is remotely interested in Bonner: 0

Number of times in last year, concerning Bonner: 0

In last two years: 0

Ever: 0

itzsoweezee
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
reinsdorf loves nocioni. he's not going anywhere.

Spurtacus
08-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Why would the Bulls do this trade?

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the Bulls have 2 glaring needs, especially with a rookie coach:

1) Veteran Leadership to stabilize the the young ones in the locker room.
2) A big man (preferably a veteran) that they can trade for in order to remove some players in logjam positions they have (2-4)

So I can see a trade with Oberto/KT/Bonner for a multitude of players on the Bulls. Although, I think the Spurs are a little to shallow to do a trade with one of their big men.

bavarianworks
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
you bring up a good point with having a shallow amount of big men, but i read earlier that the rockets offered mutumbo the vet min and he said no, why not offer him the LLE and a little of our MLE? Then package Oberto/Bonner for Nocioni?

Parker/Hill
Manu/Mason
Nocioni/Bowen
Duncan/Ian
Thomas/Mutumbo

That looks solid to me, defensively we'd insert duncan/mutumbo to guard the lakers

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
you bring up a good point with having a shallow amount of big men, but i read earlier that the rockets offered mutumbo the vet min and he said no, why not offer him the LLE and a little of our MLE? Then package Oberto/Bonner for Nocioni?

Parker/Hill
Manu/Mason
Nocioni/Bowen
Duncan/Ian
Thomas/Mutumbo

That looks solid to me, defensively we'd insert duncan/mutumbo to guard the lakers

You can not combine the two exceptions together. So, for example, the Spurs have the LLE that they have not used that is worth ~2 million and the rest of the MLE which is around ~2 million. They can not offer him ~4 million. They can only offer him the LLE or the rest of the MLE.

I do not think that Mutumbo would be better than Horry, who could be had at the league minimum and he has more of an offensive game as well. Oberto, even though not fantastic is much better than either of them over the course of a long season. If we could get Nocioni for that, I am sure they would do it and it works financially as well: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2456~1996~2805&teams=24~4~4&te=&cash=

I am not sure that is exactly what the Bulls are looking for, considering Brad Miller is better than KT and Oberto.

bavarianworks
08-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Well KT to me is better than Brad miller due to him never being injured and having a better shooting %, plus Brad Miller brings negativity and all his drug usage. Whatever is more, LLE or MLE, i say we offer that to Mutumbo, then trade KT/Bonner for Nocioni, he's not really welcomed there anyway. KT can not guard Bynum when he returns, and Nocioni gives us a solid 6'7 guy that can guard and score. I say we call Pop asap!

E20
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
While we're at it, why not trade the Spurs towel boy for Lebron and Kobe. Lakers and Cavs can split hm.

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I am all for getting Nocioni, he would fill a glaring need for another good defensive/offensive 3/4 player. Giving up Oberto/Bonner would be a good deal, just do not know if it would hurt the Spurs big man situation. Think of it like this:

Is Oberto/Bonner =,>,< Nocioni/Mutumbo and is that what the Bulls would look for? I could see them giving up a younger player rather than Nocioni who is a real solid glue guy.

exstatic
08-01-2008, 11:12 PM
reinsdorf loves nocioni. he's not going anywhere.

Why would the Bulls do this trade?

Well, they just broke the bank for Deng, making Chapu redundant. I don't think they'll sell for scraps, though.

rj215
08-01-2008, 11:28 PM
No team wants anyone on the Spurs other than the big 3....

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 11:45 PM

That is just plain not true. If the 4 time championship Spurs want the players, there are others that do as well.

m33p0
08-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Number of times in the last month someone on Spurstalk has suggested trading Bonner or pairing Bonner with another player to receive a better player in return: 857

Number of times in last month on other teams' forums, espn, hoopshype, nba.com, or countless other basketball sites I've read that any team is remotely interested in Bonner: 0

Number of times in last year, concerning Bonner: 0

In last two years: 0

Ever: 0
Spurs. :lol

IronMexican
08-01-2008, 11:50 PM

I'd take Bowen on LA any day of the week.

DPG21920
08-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Oberto, Kurt Thomas, Udoka, Ian and even Bonner have trade value. They are not going to get you an all-star, but you can fill a solid rotational need with any combination. 3 of them get solid minutes for the Spurs. How can they be good enough for the Spurs to win but not other teams?

rj215
08-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Oberto, Kurt Thomas, Udoka, Ian and even Bonner have trade value. They are not going to get you an all-star, but you can fill a solid rotational need with any combination. 3 of them get solid minutes for the Spurs. How can they be good enough for the Spurs to win but not other teams?

I just feel like these are players hand picked by the Spurs because they know

1. they'd fit our system better than other teams'

2. they're either a little past their prime or unproven

so sure they hold some value but not enough for any team to come asking for a trade....IMHO....

DPG21920
08-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I just think that if the Spurs wanted to get a trade done, they could for the most part. They are in a great position, as you said, to get more "fillers" than other teams. Spurs have a catch 22 with their players. The Spurs get solid players to sign for less usually. While that benefits the Spurs greatly, it often hampers trades because they can not get good return on the value they got. That is why I think those players I mentioned are good for trades though. They are very solid, hard-working and multi-skilled players who will be team players, good locker room guys and commit to defense. They also have been part of a winning culture.

Solid D
08-02-2008, 01:18 AM

Someone wanted Brent Barry.

rj215
08-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Someone wanted Brent Barry.

Ok no one wants anyone the current roster other than the big 3...

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Look good but do we have enough cap salary?:rolleyes

mrspurs
08-02-2008, 11:18 AM
With some trades, read that Chicago is looking to ship Nocioni out, and it looks like Brad Miller won't be headed down to Chicago.. So what about this?

Oberto/Bonner for Nocioni?

They get the veteran center they desperately need and a PF in bonner to backup Noah.

you have to be kidding, trading even thou they both suck, fab and bonner for a short scrub is insane....unless your saying nocioni is gonna play center