PDA

View Full Version : What are San Antonio's other teams?

IronMexican
08-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok, obviously You guys have the spurs.

But in football,baseball what are you're guys' teams?

I've wondered.

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 10:51 PM
No football. We used to have some BS league but that faded quick. Baseball we have the missions and hockey we have the rampage both minors

SpursFanFirst
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Does SA no longer have Arena Football?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Cowboys and Rangers

I. Hustle
08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Did we ever?! That's Austin I think

knee-knee-3
08-01-2008, 10:56 PM
cowboys and astros

SpursFanFirst
08-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Did we ever?! That's Austin I think

Are you sure? Now I'm gonna have to do some digging. :reading

So far, I've found that San Antonio has a team called the SA Steers...a National Indoor Football league...Never heard of that...

And, SA DID, in fact, have an arena football team, but it looks like it only lasted a season...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Force

METALMiKE
08-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Are you sure? Now I'm gonna have to do some digging. :reading

We had the San Antonio Force in the Arena league that played only one year in 1992.

exstatic
08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
San Antonio has had a franchise in every professional football league except the NFL and the old AFL. Look it up. If there's a fly by night outfit (USFL, WFL, WLAF) or a league that's lost (CFL), we're buying.

m33p0
08-01-2008, 11:52 PM
san antonio also tried to make a move to "borrow" the saints from new orleans.

Sense
08-01-2008, 11:57 PM
we almost had the saints and the marlins
lol

CubanSucks
08-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Ok, obviously You guys have the spurs.

But in football,baseball what are you're guys' teams?

I've wondered.

I'm pretty sure this asshole is trying to rip on San Antonio so you can go fuck yourself you fuckin LA faggot. I myself wouldn't want another pro team and i'm pretty sure a lot of other fans feel the same...hopefully. Besides, baseball is boring as fuck and the seasons are WAY too long while football is something that is like nothing else in any other state besides Texas at the high school level so shove your sarcasm up your ass.

IronMexican
08-02-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm pretty sure this asshole is trying to rip on San Antonio so you can go fuck yourself you fuckin LA faggot. I myself wouldn't want another pro team and i'm pretty sure a lot of other fans feel the same...hopefully. Besides, baseball is boring as fuck and the seasons are WAY too long while football is something that is like nothing else in any other state besides Texas at the high school level so shove your sarcasm up your ass.

How am i trying to talk shit?

LA doesn't have a football team, but if you are that insecure, if you say so.

kskonn
08-02-2008, 01:00 AM
How am i trying to talk shit?

LA doesn't have a football team, but if you are that insecure, if you say so.

we don't have much besides the spurs and minor leauge teams. We have really good high school football. I just moved here about 2 years ago and the high school football is awesome, it is where everyones recruits came from.

IronMexican
08-02-2008, 01:15 AM
People didn't even understand my question, i meant who do you guys root for, The Rangers, Cowboys?

cherylsteele
08-02-2008, 01:16 AM
UTSA Roadrunners usually field a decent basketball team that is competitive in the Southland Confrence.

In a couple years or so they will be fielding a Div-1 football team.

Extra Stout
08-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Some professor is looking to write a paper on the San Antonio Inferiority Complex and wants to know if he can cite your post.

tonyisamazing
08-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I cheer for the spurs, rangers, and cowboys

dbestpro
08-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Any football team but the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are the main reason we don't have an NFL team and anybody who says different are just in denial and are a traitor to the sports development of San Antonio.

mrspurs
08-02-2008, 11:25 AM
after the spurs , the only teams SA has that wins basically every yr is judson rockets and a few other highschool teams....thus why when the spurs suck and your not a kid or parent of those kids, you best try fishing

tonylongoriafan
08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
san antonio is dallas cowboy country...plain and simple

chrisattsu
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM

The Cowboys are the main reason we don't have an NFL team and anybody who says different are just in denial and are a traitor to the sports development of San Antonio.

I gotta agree with that.

For me personally,
I root for -
MLB- Rangers
NFL- Cowboys, even though I agree with his statement, they are still the national team of Texas.
NHL- Stars

utsaguy1999
08-04-2008, 04:35 PM

I know. It's sickening.

GO TEXANS!

BlackBellamy
08-04-2008, 04:42 PM
We had an Arena Football team called the Force. Two other minor league Hockey teams, What? Dragons and Iguanas, the Saints played here for a season, minor league baseball's Missions. I think most of the country certainly including San Antonio is a Cowboys fan. I'd say Cowboys and Astros as far as the out of city teams that are popular in San Antonio. Oh and for some reason the fucking Lakers are popular in some circles here as well, which certainly heightens the intensity of the rivalry and makes some of us ultra sensitive to criticism. Otherwise, a lot of attention payed to UT and A&M out here. San Antonio could not support another pro franchise, at least not yet. I'd say that works in our (Spurs) favor. Look at Seattle's royal fucking.

2centsworth
08-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Cowboys, Longhorns, and Yankees!

ChumpDumper
08-04-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the South Texas Showboats yet.

jag
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
It's quite upsetting that no one has mentioned the Silver Stars yet.

...bunch of chauvinistic pigs.

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I root for the South Texas Showboats

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I root for the Silver Stars

dbestpro
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM

I agree to root for the Cowboys you have to be plain and simple.

wildchild
08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Somebody forgot to mention...

San Antonio Rampage :p:

GrandeDavid
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
The Texans and the Astros.

Biggems
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
after the spurs , the only teams SA has that wins basically every yr is judson rockets and a few other highschool teams....thus why when the spurs suck and your not a kid or parent of those kids, you best try fishing

ROCKET PRIDE '93

Biggems
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
We have Becky Hammon and the WNBA leading Silver Stars

Biggems
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
The problem with SA isnt financial. The problem with SA is the ass backwards thinking by the people who run the show. They are so afraid of growth and progress...that they dont plan for it until well after it happens.

This city is so reactive instead of proactive.

In the 80s, 1604 should have been made 4 lanes on each side the entire way around the loop.

We should have built the Alamodome to hold 85,000 seats....then we could go after the SB. It was supposed to be a football/baseball stadium, but Cisneros bent us over and fucked us prison style with no vaseline.

NEISD should have allowed the Spurs to build their arena right there at 35, Thousand Oaks, and Wurzbach PKWY. in that quarry area. They should have built a 25,000 seat arena.

We should have at least a AAA baseball team....with a kickbutt stadium, instead of that dump of a Wolfe Stadium.

The 1604/281 interchange should have been built correctly, the same with the 1604/I10 interchange.

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Trinity University has a football program that fields teams that are perennially good in D-3, including clubs that have reached the National Final (Stagg Bowl) and the National Semifinals in the earlier years of this decade.

Plus, don't ever forget that San Antonio had an entry in the NASL, San Antonio Thunder. And we had the lovingly named San Antonio Tejanos, who toiled in the Texas-Louisiana baseball league.

Finally, when San Antonio has teams, we certainly make history. The aforementioned Force were (and remain) the only team in the history of the Arena Football League to be shutout in a game. And before the Gunslingers started bouncing checks to its players and stopped paying its bills, it had a power outage cause a long delay during a nationally-televised home night game against the Houston Gamblers.

SpursFanFirst
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
ROCKET PRIDE '93

:tu Former Rocket here...would've been '93, but I graduated in MN. :depressed

Biggems
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
:tu Former Rocket here...would've been '93, but I graduated in MN. :depressed

my bro played with Chris Pryor.....but we moved before his senior year and so he finished at Alamo Heights. He is still quite bitter about it all.

benefactor
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree to root for the Cowboys you have to be plain and simple.
Hee hee...exactly. I am actually much closer to Dallas(hour and a half) than I am to SA(five hours)....and I would rather saw off my hand with a butter knife than root for the Cowboys.

You have no idea how much truth lies beneath your statement until you come to East Texas.

Texans ftw.

Biggems
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
my favorite teams

NFL: Dallas
NBA: San Antonio
MLB: Houston
NHL: Pittsburgh
WNBA: San Antonio
NCAA: Texas, TAMUCC
HS: Converse Judson

Not a team but
NASCAR: Dale Jr.

Biggems
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
i didn't read the whole thread......but we have had the following football teams

WFL Toros
USFL Gunslingers
WLAF Riders
CFL Texans
AFL Force

samikeyp
08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
i didn't read the whole thread......but we have had the following football teams

WFL Toros
USFL Gunslingers
WLAF Riders
CFL Texans
AFL Force

Also the World Football League's Wings (1975)

Tmac&Luther
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM

EXACTLY... anybody in SA that supports the cowboys your only shooting yourselfs in the foot. Jerry Jones has always been against SA getting a football team and always will as long as there's suckers in that city that will continue to fork over their money to him.

As for me, I dream of the day when SA get's a NFL team (It really does need to happen). Football is a religion in this state and there is no reason why Cali and Florida should have 3 teams while Texas only has 2. I also would like the rivalry (Cowboys are in the NFC and Texans are in the AFC....if SA had a team they would instantly have a nice healthy rivalry with one of these teams).

The problem facing SA getting a NFL team though is the NFL is in love with the number of 32 teams......2 conferences, 8 divisions, 4 teams in each.....it's perfect. So SA's only shot is relocation and they'll have to fight LA over that one, but I do see them eventually ending up with a NFL team sometime down the road.

J.T.
08-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Indianapolis Colts and whoever's good in other sports...I don't really watch anything besides NFL and NBA, not enough to pick a team.

SequSpur
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
This isn't a favorite team topic. WTF?

Dude, San Antonio sucks ass for Sports. Sorry... Always will... The Spurs are the only game in town, the rest of it is BS.

The spurs take advantage of this and are loading up on the dough.

I'm actually ready to move out of this shithole... San Antonio lags behind in damn near everything.

ducks
08-05-2008, 12:05 AM
This isn't a favorite team topic. WTF?

Dude, San Antonio sucks ass for Sports. Sorry... Always will... The Spurs are the only game in town, the rest of it is BS.

The spurs take advantage of this and are loading up on the dough.

I'm actually ready to move out of this shithole... San Antonio lags behind in damn near everything.what about short people?

SequSpur
08-05-2008, 12:10 AM
what about short people?

no, but they do have alot of programs for the mentally challenged and illiterate dipshits like you.

ducks
08-05-2008, 12:12 AM
no, but they do have alot of programs for the mentally challenged and illiterate dipshits like you.

really
that is funny because I do not even live in sa
most people here know that unlike you:lol:lol:lol:lol

SequSpur
08-05-2008, 12:14 AM
really
that is funny because I do not even live in sa
most people here know that unlike you:lol:lol:lol:lol

I know that you don't live here you fricking retard. That's why I told you about the programs.

You see, you continue to amaze me. When are you going to get some oxygen?

ducks
08-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I know that you don't live here you fricking retard. That's why I told you about the programs.

You see, you continue to amaze me. When are you going to get some oxygen?

If I did not have any I would be dead:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

SequSpur
08-05-2008, 12:18 AM
If I did not have any I would be dead:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

dude... you're killing me...

I actually think you're a little low.... You could probably use some.

:rolleyes

ducks
08-05-2008, 12:20 AM
dude... you're killing me...

I actually think you're a little low.... You could probably use some.

:rolleyes

you my friend are the low one everyone knows you are low not high:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lmao

Biggems
08-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Hey Sequ dont let the door hit ya on the way out.....get ur shit and get out of town if you hate it here so damn much.

angelbelow
08-05-2008, 03:28 AM
stars

bresilhac
08-05-2008, 04:37 AM
The problem with SA isnt financial. The problem with SA is the ass backwards thinking by the people who run the show. They are so afraid of growth and progress...that they dont plan for it until well after it happens.

This city is so reactive instead of proactive.

In the 80s, 1604 should have been made 4 lanes on each side the entire way around the loop.

We should have built the Alamodome to hold 85,000 seats....then we could go after the SB. It was supposed to be a football/baseball stadium, but Cisneros bent us over and fucked us prison style with no vaseline.

NEISD should have allowed the Spurs to build their arena right there at 35, Thousand Oaks, and Wurzbach PKWY. in that quarry area. They should have built a 25,000 seat arena.

We should have at least a AAA baseball team....with a kickbutt stadium, instead of that dump of a Wolfe Stadium.

The 1604/281 interchange should have been built correctly, the same with the 1604/I10 interchange.

All valid points yes. But that doesn't mean they still won't happen. Whether you think it's reactionary or not doesn't affect whether some of these projects will be completed. For instance, when the alamorma gets done with the frivolous lawsuits that are holding up the toll roads they will be able to address the 10/1604 and 281/1604 traffic nightmares that exist now. And we can always work to lure an NFL team to the Dome now and then work to build a newer, better facility. That's something San Diego has not been able to do. As for baseball, I don't follow it that intensely so it isn't a priority for me. But, I would like to see MLB in San Antonio one day and not AAA.

http://www.alamorma.org/

bresilhac
08-05-2008, 04:54 AM
EXACTLY... anybody in SA that supports the cowboys your only shooting yourselfs in the foot. Jerry Jones has always been against SA getting a football team and always will as long as there's suckers in that city that will continue to fork over their money to him.

As for me, I dream of the day when SA get's a NFL team (It really does need to happen). Football is a religion in this state and there is no reason why Cali and Florida should have 3 teams while Texas only has 2. I also would like the rivalry (Cowboys are in the NFC and Texans are in the AFC....if SA had a team they would instantly have a nice healthy rivalry with one of these teams).

The problem facing SA getting a NFL team though is the NFL is in love with the number of 32 teams......2 conferences, 8 divisions, 4 teams in each.....it's perfect. So SA's only shot is relocation and they'll have to fight LA over that one, but I do see them eventually ending up with a NFL team sometime down the road.

Favorite teams:

NFL Washington
NCAAF Maryland, TAMU
NCAA Hoops Maryland
MLB Boston
NBA San Antonio

And you are absolutely correct when you say that Jerry Jones has been behind San Antonio not getting a team for all this time. It's in his best interest for San Antonio to not have a team. Why give up millions of South Texas football fans when you can lobby the league to keep NFL football out of that area and force the fools stupid enough to support his evil team to do just that? Like you I hope and pray for the day that our city gets its own NFL team. It would be tremendous to have rivalries with the other Texas teams like we do in the NBA. And I also agree with the belief that our best shot of getting a team is through relocation. As of now the Chargers seem to be the leading candidate for that. We'll see how it pans out.

tonylongoriafan
08-15-2008, 09:31 PM
pound for pound san antonio has more dallas cowboys fans than any other place in the U.S....Jerry Jones has studied this and that is the number one reason he is against SA getting an NFL...bottomline...this is Cowboys Country

plus, i would definitely support an NFL team that would come to SA (i support everything else local and think everyone should try by the way) but i honestly think average SA resdient would waffle. my logic: non-sold out spurs games, low television market, and yes small time thinking by city leaders...that said, i'm first in line for season tickets!

Favorite Teams:
NBA: Spurs
NFL: Cowboys
CFB: UT
CBB: UTSA
NASCAR: 88
NHL: they still have that?
SOCCER: sucks