PDA

View Full Version : sign Javtokas now!!

hater
08-02-2008, 10:27 AM
just saw the game lituania vs. usa. He is ready for NBA. he is one big mofo and is not too slow. great footwork and passing.

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 10:37 AM
He dosen't want to play in the nba!..:rolleyes

bigdog
08-02-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah and he fouls every 20 seconds.

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 11:05 AM
True! not enough for the nba!

wisnub
08-02-2008, 12:43 PM
He is NBA ready and a good player..otherwise Spurs will not draft him. Not enough for NBA? I saw him play and eventhough lots of fouling happens he still can defend,jump high and really active on the board. Definitely better than Bonner, although he cannot do 3. He can learn not ot foul afterwards, I rememeber first time Oberto play w/ Spurs he fouls like crazy..year after he's briliiant on court. Now he seems to be in average mode. But i think its better to labelled Javtokas as not enough for NBA, coz he still got contracts anyway. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH CURRENT SPURS MONEY

T Park
08-02-2008, 12:45 PM
If you can get him to to take a 1.9 million dollar contract? Sure.

Move on, his offensive game makes Elson look like Hakeem.

ducks
08-02-2008, 02:20 PM
spurs have 6 7 bigs if they sign gist
he will no think he can beat out those

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-02-2008, 02:34 PM
just saw the game lituania vs. usa. He is ready for NBA. he is one big mofo and is not too slow. great footwork and passing.

Yes but everyone say "Kill Bill is LIAR!"

nkdlunch
08-02-2008, 06:11 PM
he had a sick dunk driving from half court in the 1st quarter. I was like, that's him? damn!

Even Dwigth Howard got out of the way.

He's got handles for a big euro

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-02-2008, 07:02 PM
he had a sick dunk driving from half court in the 1st quarter. I was like, that's him? damn!

Even Dwigth Howard got out of the way.

He's got handles for a big euro

"Kill Bill lie about all Euro players he have inferiority complex do not believe anything he say about Euro players is all lies beside everyone in US know all Euro players is suck or else would be in NBA where US rules all universe of basketball"

coopdogg3
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't know that anyone is opposed to giving him a chance, but we've only got $2 million/year to offer him. I doubt he comes over for that. I'd prefer to see how Ian works out, then maybe pursue Javotkas next year if we have to.

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
But he's not that nba type of guy.He's a monster in euro but he wont be like that in the nba!..

pad300
08-02-2008, 08:29 PM
But he's not that nba type of guy.He's a monster in euro but he wont be like that in the nba!..

Dude, he's much more of an NBA style big than a Euroleague big. I think he would flourish in the NBA. The problem is getting him to come...

mystargtr34
08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
His game is more speed and power than skill.... which would probably make for a smoother transition to the NBA.

Stiffs like Kosta Perovic are actually really skilled, but they just cant keep up with the pace.

This guy seems like the guy who can get back in transition and run a bit with TP, he can certaintly finish around the rim. We wouldnt be seeing any of those pussy jump back wards touch shots that Umberto throws up when hes 2 feet from the rim.

byrontx
08-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I enjoy your posts, Kill Bll.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 09:58 PM
:lol at KBP getting a boner because a couple people applauded Javtokas' game yesterday.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-02-2008, 10:33 PM
"Kill Bill lie about all Euro players he have inferiority complex do not believe anything he say about Euro players is all lies beside everyone in US know all Euro players is suck or else would be in NBA where US rules all universe of basketball"

Kill Bill have persecution complex! :lmao

Sissiborgo
08-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Dude, he's much more of an NBA style big than a Euroleague big. I think he would flourish in the NBA. The problem is getting him to come...

Yeah it's tough to get him but my opinion euro basketball is diffirent.You get much more fouls i nba than euro..

Sissiborgo
08-03-2008, 07:47 AM
And he's already playing in euro.

bigdog
08-03-2008, 08:53 AM
He played against NBA talent and had a decent game. Now people are going crazy about it.

He would come if he wanted to. The Spurs can't offer him more than what his salary would be as to where he was picked in the draft. That being said, the Spurs will never have the money to sign him. If he wants to come for cheap, he will come. Other wise, it looks like he'll be staying overseas, and KBP, shut the hell up already. We don't want to hear your whining.

hater
08-03-2008, 11:52 AM
oh well. I guess he might come next year if he really wants to.

He is no typical euro big and if he came to Spurs we would finally get a big that actually dunks the ball to finish for a change(Duncan included)

lTsnMFr7-g0

hater
08-03-2008, 11:54 AM
oh, btw here is the dunk, now tell me he is a typical euro big:

em1sjmJTwKE

Manufan909
08-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Damn, who'd he dunk all over? It looked like Carmelo to me. And how old is Jav, anyways? Hopefully by 2011 we have Jav, Ian, And Tiago with all at least a year in learning the Spurs game. That would be sick.

Manufan909
08-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I wonder how much difference he would've been on the team over Elson. Would he have been traded to get KT, or would've Oberto been used? Could he have turned into our fourth star, or at least a poor man's Dwight?

Manufan909
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey, if Lith gets past the pool play, what is it like from there? Is it single elimination, or what?

Mister Sinister
08-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh, lord, somebody dial whine-one-one, stat. We need a waaaaambulance AQAP.

Manufan909
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
:toast

bigfan
08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
An effort should be made to at least try to sign him for this year.

FromWayDowntown
08-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Kill Bill forget about failure of Jasikevicius and many, many other who are great in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Kill Bill forget about failure of Jasikevicius and many, many other who are great in Europe.

This is a myth that Saras is great in Europe. It is fantasy create by Americans.

T Park
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
:lol

Those evil americans hyping up euros :lol

endrity
08-11-2008, 09:08 PM
This is a myth that Saras is great in Europe. It is fantasy create by Americans.

Saras was a star in Europe, maybe not now, but for a period after Manu left, he was the best guard in Europe. Deal with it.

LION
08-11-2008, 09:34 PM
The question is how do you convince anyone to work for you in a competitive market? So many tears have been shed over why it can't be worked out, that I am surprised San Antonio is worred about aquifer levels.

So, the fix. Put your thinking cap on.
I can tell you smart business owners and big corportions do when they want talented and skilled employees to relocate.

Oh now you have the answer. So where were you yesterday. If you agree, then send a message to RC, HOLT, POP, the Mayor and lets get this rock rolling. David remembers the package that
Angelo put together to point out the positives that San Antonio has to offer. 2 Million goes a very long way in this city. Big ballers live like kings, are treated like kings but are given enough space to allow them to go to dinner an a movie without fear or bodyguards.

No State Taxes!

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Saras was a star in Europe, maybe not now, but for a period after Manu left, he was the best guard in Europe. Deal with it.

Fantasy by US fans. He was not even best guard in his own team. How can he be best guard in Europe?

mrspurs
08-12-2008, 07:41 AM
i still dont know who javtokas is....

endrity
08-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Fantasy by US fans. He was not even best guard in his own team. How can he be best guard in Europe?

I live in Europe. Yes he was the best guard at Barca, and he was amazing at Euro03 leading Lithuania to the gold medal. He was one of the best talents in Europe. Honestly I think he would have been a damn good NBA player had he come over a little earlier, and in the right situation. It's not like he was lacking athletically.

jag
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I live in Europe. Yes he was the best guard at Barca, and he was amazing at Euro03 leading Lithuania to the gold medal. He was one of the best talents in Europe. Honestly I think he would have been a damn good NBA player had he come over a little earlier, and in the right situation. It's not like he was lacking athletically.

Well KBP doesnt live in Europe, is a comcast customer, and has a strange fascination with Spanoulis.

I. Hustle
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
It's funny how "foreigners" know how to spell in English but type "the way they talk"

saxman
08-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Javtoka's game is similar to Elson's game. In my opinion he doesn't complement Duncan very well. He can't shoot a high percentage either.

endrity
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Javtoka's game is similar to Elson's game. In my opinion he doesn't complement Duncan very well. He can't shoot a high percentage either.

Maybe so, but he is still better than anything else the Spurs got right now, especially with a physically declining Oberto. His raw power and athleticism would give the Spurs a dimension in which they seriously lack.

objective
08-12-2008, 01:41 PM
There's very little similarity with Javtokas and Elson beyond athleticism.

Javtokas is a truly legit shotblocker/intimidator and a strong rebounder and post defender, Elson was none of those things.

Elson could shoot a decent percentage on jumpers when the opportunities came, and those not many. Javtokas could tear an arena down with his disgusting hurled bricks.

----------

I was a big proponent of Javtokas in summer 06 and especially over Elson and Butler. There was a place for Javtokas then. Rasho and Nazr gone, Oberto ignored in the Dallas series except for one half of a game. It was the perfect opportunity to bring in Javtokas, who though he had a limited game it was something the Spurs could have definitely used. Instead the Spurs insisted on a 30 year old proven 3rd string center and a fat, very slow Butler who was just another Larry Brown scrub who got minutes on a bad NY team. The Spurs won in 07 in spite of Elson and Butler, not because of that trash off-season MLE dual signings.

Javtokas no longer has a place with the Spurs for 09. Oberto has a solid place in the rotation. Kurt Thomas is the resident strong guy/post defender and mid-range shooter. Mahinmi is the emergency guy with potential to be the athletic finisher and shot blocking roleplayer that Javtokas would have had. Spurs still don't have another shotblocker without Mahinmi stepping up, but there's no room for Javtokas anymore.

Best case scenario is that Javtokas in his Olympic play can raise his stock enough to be useful trade bait as a throw-in for a larger deal.

pad300
08-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Javtokas no longer has a place with the Spurs for 09. Oberto has a solid place in the rotation. Kurt Thomas is the resident strong guy/post defender and mid-range shooter. Mahinmi is the emergency guy with potential to be the athletic finisher and shot blocking roleplayer that Javtokas would have had. Spurs still don't have another shotblocker without Mahinmi stepping up, but there's no room for Javtokas anymore.

Best case scenario is that Javtokas in his Olympic play can raise his stock enough to be useful trade bait as a throw-in for a larger deal.

I think you are wrong about this. While we can't sign him for this season (08/09) unless we do something very wierd, he is a free agent in 09/10. We could sign him then. As far as a place goes. In 09/10 our big rotation looks like
Duncan, Mahinmi (long term pieces)
Bonner, Oberto, Thomas (1 year left)
Tolliver (expired, possible resign).

I am uncertain Tolliver will be there, in fact, I am not sure he will make it out of training camp this year.
Either way, there is one big (Mahinmi) on our roster who could be described as athletic at an NBA level. Adding another one, who can bang, dunk in the post, run the floor, rebound, and shotblock would not be a bad idea. I think the hope is that Mahinmi takes over 2nd big duties from Oberto/Thomas (in 09/10), making the starting line up
Mahinmi
Duncan
Bowen
Mason
Parker

with Bonner, Oberto, and Thomas coming from the bench.
The objective would be to have one "athletic" big on the floor all the time, with Mahinmi and Javtokas substituting for one another...

Mr. Body
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I see the door for Javtokas coming over as shut. But watching the Russia-Lithuania game now, he still looks like a solid player. He's highly mobile, seems pretty smart and a good teammate, a strong and active rebounder, and obviously a a great shotblocking threat.

It's too bad we couldn't get him over a couple years back. It's not clear if he would have come over for part of the MLE. I think so. But we went with Elson and Butler instead. He's at least as fast as Elson, is much stronger, and seems a bit less batty. Far less offensive talent, however.

pad300
08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I see the door for Javtokas coming over as shut. But watching the Russia-Lithuania game now, he still looks like a solid player. He's highly mobile, seems pretty smart and a good teammate, a strong and active rebounder, and obviously a a great shotblocking threat.

It's too bad we couldn't get him over a couple years back. It's not clear if he would have come over for part of the MLE. I think so. But we went with Elson and Butler instead. He's at least as fast as Elson, is much stronger, and seems a bit less batty. Far less offensive talent, however.

I'm not sure whether the door is shut on him coming over. He didn't the last time because he had better prospects in Europe. I'm not so sure that is the case now, as some people have suggested he's going to become the 2nd string center at Dynamo Moscow. He might not like being 2nd string center, and I don't think they will pay him as much after his contract is up (end of this season)...

As far as fitting in the team, well a center who's mobile, rebound and blocks shots, and gets his points off O-boards, fastbreaks and broken plays sound pretty much like the exact description of who we want beside TD...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
I was impressed by him too. With a bit of discipline, he could be a decent rotation player.

Russ
08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Javtokas is having a nice game against the Gasols and Spain.

With all of the setbacks, Javtokas looks like an asset that the Spurs should be moving on to me.

Solid D
08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
BUMP!

Watching ESP v LTU

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Nice 3 by Lavrinovic.

Russ
08-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Javtokas looks like he's at least trying to play the team game -- setting picks, moving without the ball. Seems like an eager beaver.

Like Mahinmi, he fouls too much and much of his movement may be wasted effort.

His instincts aren't great but he may be coachable and you can't teach size.

He doesn't appear to have any loathsome disease.

What am I missing here?

Solid D
08-22-2008, 09:08 AM
What am I missing here?

How much $ he is willing to take to come to the USA and how much $ Holt Cap is willing to offer. That is what is missing.

SenorSpur
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
His coming over would be a long shot, even in a favorable ecomonic climate. With that economic climate situation now working against the Spurs and considering how the Spurs have limited funds available, the chances are next to zero.

ploto
08-22-2008, 11:26 AM
RC burned that bridge, just like he did the one to Scola.

Mr. Body
08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
It's not clear how much he was asking back then. Spurs cut out of the negotiations very early to go for Butler and Elson instead.