PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker wanted to retire

Evan
08-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Walker almost retired

Javon Walker almost retired this week, according to a report by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

Mortensen says that Walker, unhappy with his quality of play in training camp, actually told the team on Thursday that he was retiring. He was going to return his $11 million signing bonus. Owner Al Davis then talked Walker into returning.

We were never excited about Walker’s potential in Oakland – we were shocked the Raiders would sign him to such a big deal, considering he battled knee problems all of last year. We had him outside our top 40 receivers all along. Now, however, there’s the question of whether Walker deserves to even be drafted at all. The Raiders didn’t have much of a passing attack last year.

Evan
08-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Dear Al Davis...thank you for cock blocking Jerry Jones with a huge deal at that last minute so the Cowboys didn't sign him.

PeterBurns
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM
How about this guy's last 15 months.
Several Injuries, teammate dies , Bitched about a contract, gets rolled, now wants to quit.

O-Factor
08-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Dear Al Davis...thank you for cock blocking Jerry Jones with a huge deal at that last minute so the Cowboys didn't sign him.

I thought Jones offered Walker a really small contract, like the minimum or something like that

johnsmith
08-03-2008, 11:09 AM
How about this guy's last 15 months.
Several Injuries, started the fight that led to his teammates death, Bitched about a contract, gets rolled, now wants to quit.

fixed

jack sommerset
08-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Stupid story. I don't even think I believe it. Can Al Davis even talk anymore? No one saw the money Walker got coming let alone Walker and you are telling me he was going o give it back. Drugs come to mind. If this is true Walker is one dumb mofo. If this is true Al Davis is one dumb mofo for "talking" him out of it.

Evan
08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I thought Jones offered Walker a really small contract, like the minimum or something like that

I heard it ended up being a 3 year deal heavily incentive laden and they came close to sealing the deal but The Raiders swooped in at the last minute.

You could be right of course, what I know is just a rumor floating around the media in Dallas.

O-Factor
08-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I heard it ended up being a 3 year deal heavily incentive laden and they came close to sealing the deal but The Raiders swooped in at the last minute.

You could be right of course, what I know is just a rumor floating around the media in Dallas.

Glad to hear it was incentive laden and not just offering Walker free money for 1 good season he had 4 years ago.

Sometimes the best off-season moves are the ones that didn't happen.

Evan
08-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Sometimes the best off-season moves are the ones that didn't happen.

I hear ya...