PDA

View Full Version : NBATV Telecast: 2005 NBA Finals Game 6 - Spurs vs Pistons

SenorSpur
08-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Just came across this on NBATV. It's on now. Saturday 3p - 5p CST.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 03:53 PM
That game sucked.

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 03:56 PM
No!!!

tlongII
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
That was probably the best NBA Finals series that nobody watched.

mrspurs
08-02-2008, 04:20 PM
i seen enough to learn, manu is never gonna be the same, now he's either good, or turnover machine........im telling ya we shoulda traded manu before he gets anyworse, i also observed timmy playing great basketball, something he doesnt do much anymore as well...its amazing how a few seasons both players have declined... and the FO has done nothing to help them or the team, and us loyal fans.....i stopped watching the game cos it reminds me of something we wont see again, especially with this current roster

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 04:37 PM
It's amazing how much of an idiot you are too.

WildcardManu
08-02-2008, 04:50 PM
aaaaaah dammit, on a day i'm stuck at home alone really bored, i come into the forums too late to find ou t there's a spurs game on.

Brutalis
08-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Spurs are boring.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 04:59 PM
That was probably the best NBA Finals series that nobody watched.

That series was a whole lot better than that fake dramatic crap this year.

And it was certainly better than the D-Wade free throw shooting contest in 2006.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Such a bad ass series. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Such a bad ass series. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

:tu

gospursgojas
08-02-2008, 05:24 PM
A series for BASKETBALL fans, not just NBA fans...

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
That series was a whole lot better than that fake dramatic crap this year.

And it was certainly better the D-Wade free throw shooting contest in 2006.

HAHA!! True dwayne wade lives there!

DPG21920
08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
A series for BASKETBALL fans, not just NBA fans...

xtremesteven33
08-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i saw the game right now and was still yelling out loud...haha.

those games were incredible.

T Park
08-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i seen enough to learn, manu is never gonna be the same, now he's either good, or turnover machine........im telling ya we shoulda traded manu before he gets anyworse, i also observed timmy playing great basketball, something he doesnt do much anymore as well...its amazing how a few seasons both players have declined... and the FO has done nothing to help them or the team, and us loyal fans.....i stopped watching the game cos it reminds me of something we wont see again, especially with this current roster

Why don't you do the world a favor and put the gun to your head and pull the fucking trigger.

Red Hawk #21
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I also watched those games back then, I can't understand how people find that finals boring. If you have any respect for Defense and team basketball you'll love that series.

BOHOLANO#21
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
game 5 of that series was gooder.:lol

BOHOLANO#21
08-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I also watched those games back then, I can't understand how people find that finals boring. If you have any respect for Defense and team basketball you'll love that series.
yup. it was the best series for the last 10 years. i glad i recorded them in dvd. i have watched game 5 of that series maybe 100 times already.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 06:54 PM

Unfortunately, with all the bizzare trades, ref scandals and faked injurys, it will probably be a long time before we see a series like that again. :depressed

spursreport
08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
A great series indeed it was. Too bad the Piston players were classless sore losers. It was great to see them down after dethroning their punk asses. Fuck that entire arrogant team for not having the balls to hand out full props to the Spurs.

Spurs of the east my ass. Maybe in teamwork but not in terms of class. Spurs gave their share of props when they got eliminated. Piston players say "We gave them the series or we should have won." I am glad that things have only gotten worse for those bitches since 2005.

mrspurs
08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
hey tpark.....do us all a favor and take that gun and shoot your whole family, it would get rid of humans who dont know how to talk with respect......your clueless i bet your under 16

Biggems
08-02-2008, 07:47 PM
we blew 2 other chances to play the Pistons in the Finals....

1990.......Rod Strickland and his stupid behind the back pass out of bounds in game 7. If we win that game, we are on the WCF and a better chance to face the Bad Boys. I don't know if we could have beaten Detroit, but I am sure we would have won more than 1 game in the series.

2004....all that needs to be said is .4 and I honestly believe we would have given Detroit a run for their money in the Finals...we wouldn't have rolled over and played dead like LA did.

duncan228
08-02-2008, 07:50 PM
it would get rid of humans who dont know how to talk with respect

You call carina a liar and you're talking about respect?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 07:54 PM
hey tpark.....do us all a favor and take that gun and shoot your whole family, it would get rid of humans who dont know how to talk with respect......your clueless i bet your under 16

Irony :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
08-02-2008, 07:56 PM

says the idiot that posted this gem :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2697034&postcount=16

boutons_
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Spurs couldn't win an elimination, and Title, on their own court. HUGE disappointment.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
A great series indeed it was. Too bad the Piston players were classless sore losers. It was great to see them down after dethroning their punk asses. Fuck that entire arrogant team for not having the balls to hand out full props to the Spurs.

Spurs of the east my ass. Maybe in teamwork but not in terms of class. Spurs gave their share of props when they got eliminated. Piston players say "We gave them the series or we should have won." I am glad that things have only gotten worse for those bitches since 2005.

:rolleyes You're overreacting to what they said. I don't believe any Pistons players ever said "we gave them the series or we should have won". They said that if they had home court advantage they would have won.

I'm glad most Spurs fans aren't like you.

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
:rolleyes You're overreacting to what they said. I don't believe any Pistons players ever said "we gave them the series or we should have won". They said that if they had home court advantage they would have won.

I'm glad most Spurs fans aren't like you.

That alone shows them being sore losers. They cant man up and just say the better team won regardless of HCA. Piston players have been sore losers over the years when they have been eliminated. They paritally gave the Spurs credit with that comment which showed them being bitter pricks. The Pistons are sore losers. That isnt overreacting. It is a fact.

I'm glad your Pistons have only gotten worse since then.

BTW after the Pistons won game 6, the results for game 7.....

81-74!!!!!:toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 09:04 PM
They paritally gave the Spurs credit with that comment which showed them being bitter pricks.
So they're pricks because they gave them credit?

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:06 PM
So they're pricks because they gave them credit?

PARTIAL credit. Open your eyes. They were sore losers after that series and you know that yet you just bury it under the rug like everyone else has.

WildcardManu
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
says the idiot that posted this gem :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2697034&postcount=16

and this earlier :lol

duncan is no longer the best forward in the league anymore....he is slighty above avg...i hate to say it, but dirk is a much better player right now...duncan has problems making layups, dirk can hit from anywhere......and lets not talk defense cos our defense this past season was the worst ive seen in yrs.....ive never seen duncan get alley-ooped on as much at last season, i expect it to get worst before better, with this current roster, and btw, kurt thomas is a waste of time, just like mighty mouse,id rather have rasho he's as slow as kurt but by just raising his arms makes him better

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
PARTIAL credit. Open your eyes. They were sore losers after that series and you know that yet you just bury it under the rug like everyone else has.

Even if that's true, so what? What's it to you if they gave full credit or not? The Pistons are a classy organization and are in no way sore losers or arrogant. But continue to keep on hating, hater. It's just what your kind does.

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Even if that's true, so what? What's it to you if they gave full credit or not? The Pistons are a classy organization and are in no way sore losers or arrogant. But continue to keep on hating, hater. It's just what your kind does.

CLASSY?:lmao:lmao They are sore losers and they are arrogant. They have acted like that over the past 4-5 years. Wow you need to stop being so fucking biased to that team. If the Lakers or the Mavs had said something like that, I highly doubt you would take those comments with a grain of salt.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:14 PM
That alone shows them being sore losers. They cant man up and just say the better team won regardless of HCA. Piston players have been sore losers over the years when they have been eliminated. They paritally gave the Spurs credit with that comment which showed them being bitter pricks. The Pistons are sore losers. That isnt overreacting. It is a fact.

I'm glad your Pistons have only gotten worse since then.

BTW after the Pistons won game 6, the results for game 7.....

81-74!!!!!:toast

Like I don't know that. :lol

Regardles of what the players said, I give the Spurs full credit for what they did that year. They're a great team, one of the greatest the league has ever seen.

And, it's easier said than done to talk about how much better a team is than you when you just lost such a close series. Besides, had it not been for Horrys three, the Pistons probably do win that series.

You're acting as if the Spurs players are perfect. You're only being a homer.

I know the Spurs players have never said they should have won a series, but it's like JoeJam said before, it's easier to be gracious when you always win.

I'm not getting in an argument, I've never been the type.

Again, I'm glad most Spurs fans aren't like you.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 09:14 PM
CLASSY?:lmao:lmao They are sore losers and they are arrogant. They have acted like that over the past 4-5 years. Wow you need to stop being so fucking biased to that team. If the Lakers or the Mavs had said something like that, I highly doubt you would take those comments with a grain of salt.

Mkay well if they were so arrogant for so long, how about you give some examples of each year of them being arrogant?

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Mkay well if they were so arrogant for so long, how about you give some examples of each year of them being arrogant?

I can admit the Pistons players aren't perfect. But almost all NBA Players are arrogant even if they don't act it in front of a camera.

Thanks for being classy Bottom.

Why don't you name some of the Spurs imperfections spursreport?

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:19 PM

"If we had homecourt we would have beaten the Spurs" says enough.

Of course you will let your love for the Pistons blind you and just about every spurs fan. If the Lakers/Mavs say something along those lines, you would be pissed off and cussing them out. If it's the Pistons saying that, you just wipe it under the rug and justify their comments as them joking or being so classy. So if thats the case, then you are contradicting yourself.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:21 PM

Of course you will let your love for the Pistons blind you and just about every spurs fan. If the Lakers/Mavs say something along those lines, you would be pissed off and cussing them out. If it's the Pistons saying that, you just wipe it under the rug and justify their comments as them joking or being so classy. So if thats the case, then you are contradicting yourself.

Ok, like I said, the Pistons aren't perfect.

Now, why don't you admit the Spurs aren't perfect?

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:21 PM
In terms of Defense and teamwork, sure you can say the Pistons are like the Spurs. In terms of giving credit where it is due to the press etc, the Pistons arent even close. The Spurs give their full credit while the Pistons will just half ass it at best.

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, like I said, the Pistons aren't perfect.

Now, why don't you admit the Spurs aren't perfect?

Of course they arent perfect but they act like classy professionals to the press win or lose. They give their props and respect to the other team. They dont use the lines of "Homecourt is why they won the series".

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Spurs fans don't like Mavs players acting arrogant because they have never done anything.

Atleast the Pistons won a title to back it up.

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Spurs fans don't like Mavs players acting arrogant because they have never done anything.

Atleast the Pistons won a title to back it up.

Lakers this decade won 3 in a row and eliminated the Spurs several times. If that's the case, Spurs fans should be more respectful of the Lakers than the Pistons. Lakers also have 11 more championships to back it up.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Of course they arent perfect but they act like classy professionals to the press win or lose. They give their props and respect to the other team. They dont use the lines of "Homecourt is why they won the series".

Now, you can take this however you want.

But look at the Pistons, and look at the Spurs.

The Pistons have more urban type players. The Spurs have mostly foreign players and their HOF player Duncan isn't exactly you're typical black.

Players with urban backgrounds are typicly more arrogant that foreign players.

Thats not racist, that's just fact.

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Lakers this decade won 3 in a row and eliminated the Spurs several times. If that's the case, Spurs fans should be more respectful of the Lakers than the Pistons. Lakers also have 11 more championships to back it up.

I was talking about Mavs.

And Pistons fans aren't arrogant like Lakers fans. Thats why Spurs fans don't respect Lakers fans.

spursreport
08-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Now, you can take this however you want.

But look at the Pistons, and look at the Spurs.

The Pistons have more urban type players. The Spurs have mostly foreign players and their HOF player Duncan isn't exactly you're typical black.

Players with urban backgrounds are typicly more arrogant that foreign players.

Thats not racist, that's just fact.

fair enough

ThunderStix®
08-02-2008, 09:31 PM
fair enough

Thank you for being fair minded. I'm done with this conversation now. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM

:lol At your response being based on your hopes that I would act different if it were a different team.

slayermin
08-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Man, we always lose when we play on NBATV.

:bang

baseline bum
08-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I really liked that Pistons team. I was stunned when they started game 1 by jumping out to a 17-4 lead, and all I could think was this is a hell of a team, regular season be damned.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2008, 12:06 AM
I really liked that Pistons team. I was stunned when they started game 1 by jumping out to a 17-4 lead, and all I could think was this is a hell of a team, regular season be damned.

That's exactly how I felt in that stretch too.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-03-2008, 12:09 AM
That was good to watch over again. Forgot what Ben Wallace used to look like.

duncan228
08-03-2008, 12:11 AM

That Pistons team scared me to no end. I was a nervous wreck the entire series.

Pop called a couple of quick time-outs when they jumped to that early lead, I remember the Press Conference after the game. The reporter said Pop used the word "polite" to describe those time-outs and Duncan's response was "Polite? You call that polite?" :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2008, 12:19 AM
That series was just plain beautiful. By far, the toughest of all the Spurs' Finals opponents. Everything was just so crazy. The quick burst by the Pistons to start the series, the 2-0 lead, the raping that the Pistons gave them in game 4, Robert Horry in game 5, the Pistons come back in game 6, the back & forth of game 7 and finally the win.

Just a kickass series. No one could've written it any better.

slayermin
08-03-2008, 12:51 AM
That Pistons team scared me to no end. I was a nervous wreck the entire series.

Pop called a couple of quick time-outs when they jumped to that early lead, I remember the Press Conference after the game. The reporter said Pop used the word "polite" to describe those time-outs and Duncan's response was "Polite? You call that polite?" :lol

He was polite on the first timeout, not so much on the second one.

Manufan909
08-03-2008, 01:10 AM

Not the Shaq Lakers, that's fucking BULLSHIT. The team in general does, but not the one you refer to. Everyone says how the Celtics have 16 or so championships now, but the Pierce Celtics team has only one it all once. The only current team with more than 1 ring is the TD Spurs.
:flag:

rj215
08-03-2008, 04:39 AM

Let me know when game 7 comes on. I liked that one much better :toast

:lobt::lobt::lobt2::lobt:

mytespurs
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Wasn't this the lowest rated NBA series? I thought it was quite good myself, very competitive as compared to this year's championship clinching game.

SenorSpur
08-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Wasn't this the lowest rated NBA series? I thought it was quite good myself, very competitive as compared to this year's championship clinching game.

It was...well at least until the Spurs/Cavs series, anyway. Even though the first four games were blowout wins for the home team, the series came alive in Game 5, as Horry started his Big Shot Rob antics. It was the final three games of of the series that proved this was one of the most competitive chamnpionship series ever. As proof by the fact that the Pistons forced a Game 7, winner take all, scenario. Those who tuned out after Game 4, missed a whale of a series.

baseline bum
08-04-2008, 12:08 AM
It was...well at least until the Spurs/Cavs series, anyway. Even though the first four games were blowout wins for the home team, the series came alive in Game 5, as Horry started his Big Shot Rob antics. It was the final three games of of the series that proved this was one of the most competitive chamnpionship series ever. As proof by the fact that the Pistons forced a Game 7, winner take all, scenario. Those who tuned out after Game 4, missed a whale of a series.

Not only that, the game was tied going into the fourth. Series don't get a lot closer than that. The only other Finals I've seen that were as close as Spurs-Pistons ('05) were Lakers-Pistons ('88) and Lakers-Celtics ('84), which are widely considered the two greatest Finals ever. Oh, to be a big market.

wisnub
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
The game was over long time ago...It was good and why dont we alll get over it. For guys who havent watch it,heres ur chance, for guys who already watch, we'll i guess u need to buy ur own popcorn

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
The game was over long time ago...It was good and why dont we alll get over it.
Read the thread, then if you still stand by your statement due to the comments placed in this thread, seek help.

FromWayDowntown
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I think the thing that I'll never forget about Game 6 of the 2005 Finals is just how dead that building seemed to be all night. It was the apex of the Spoiled Spurs Fan syndrome (at least until Game 1 of the 2007 WCF). It was a building full of people who came to see the Spurs win a title, but who didn't bring much energy with them. It was really bizarre given what had happened two nights earlier in Detroit -- I figured that place was going to be rocking for hours with Spurs fans who were still living on adrenaline after Game 5 and it was a crowd that mostly sat on its hands. I remember coming into the forum after getting home from that game and ranting for quite a while about how frustrating that whole thing was.

And then I remember getting really pumped knowing that I'd get to see a Finals Game 7 in person. . . .

braeden0613
08-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I think the thing that I'll never forget about Game 6 of the 2005 Finals is just how dead that building seemed to be all night. It was the apex of the Spoiled Spurs Fan syndrome (at least until Game 1 of the 2007 WCF). It was a building full of people who came to see the Spurs win a title, but who didn't bring much energy with them. It was really bizarre given what had happened two nights earlier in Detroit -- I figured that place was going to be rocking for hours with Spurs fans who were still living on adrenaline after Game 5 and it was a crowd that mostly sat on its hands. I remember coming into the forum after getting home from that game and ranting for quite a while about how frustrating that whole thing was.

And then I remember getting really pumped knowing that I'd get to see a Finals Game 7 in person. . . .
Yeah i remember that as well...the guy behind me told me to sit down a few times. It was terrible. But game 7 was one of the loudest games ive ever been to so it worked out fine.