PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: F America, no drilling no matter what

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 07:08 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/thisweek

Stephanopolis really owned her in this interview.

Asked at least a half dozen times why she wont allow a vote on drilling and stuttered through her non answer.

Then asked, "well, how about a vote on drilling as part of a comprehensive bill that included all the other alternative energy programs that she said both Republicans and Democrats favored. More stuttering, confusion, and avoidance.

They showed her when elected speaker showing her say she'd make sure Congress voted on what the people want them to vote on, then asked 'America wants you to vote to allow drilling, why won't you do it?'

This is your Congressional leader, Democrats :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe because this unanimous citizen approval of offshore drilling only exists in the neocon area of the brain of you and your ilk?

So fucking lame how repubs freak when the democrats are in power and choose to chode bload the rest of congress (to prevent big oil from drilling and making money basically) viewing it as heresy, so banal, so wrong, not worthy of a congressperson.

But meanwhile the republicans have power and get props for taking away liberties, handing more power to business and special interest groups, etc.

It's called a balance of power....the repubs could have done this long ago and now its so important, but its all just a political ploy 101 to show how democrats don't want to lower the price of oil....with the added benefit of hooking up american oil companies....they have land they don't even take advantage of right now, so if we need more supply on american side, why don't we exploit that?

Yes that's the speaker, yes she's bumbling and stumbling, but big fucking deal...

Ignignokt
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Maybe because this unanimous citizen approval of offshore drilling only exists in the neocon area of the brain of you and your ilk?

You mean like unilaterily invading our own shores and liberating our oil supply, is like another neocon conspiracy.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
You mean like unilaterily invading our own shores and liberating our oil supply, is like another neocon conspiracy.

There would be a consensus on this if there weren't alot of experts claiming this would not lower oil prices for the american people for shit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 07:28 PM

70% of Americans are in support of opening up the continental shelf and Alaska to drilling. Are you telling me that 70% is all conservatives? Come on, that's a juvenile response I suspect from liberal sycophants like boutons.

I'm not a neocon, I think most of them are idiots. I'm a fiscal conservative. There isn't one magic bullet to our energy crisis, but opening these areas up to drilling is part of an interim solution until new alternative energies can be realized in the economies of scale needed to make an impact on our nation's energy dependencies.

It's called a balance of power....the repubs could have done this long ago and now its so important, but its all just a political ploy 101 to show how democrats don't want to lower the price of oil....with the added benefit of hooking up american oil companies....they have land they don't even take advantage of right now.

Give me a fucking break. Oil was $2 a gallon with Republicans in power. That's a little different than $4/gallon...

It's a political ploy? This all came out of Pelosi's mouth, it's her own doing. George even said 'if the Republicans sign off on the rest of your energy package, will you allow drilling as a part of that package.' And she said no.

And you clearly didn't watch the video, because George even quoted Democratic Congressman as saying a vote would happen before the general election.

Or are you trying to tell me the Demos in Congress that want to open up drilling are all puppets of the great 'neocons'?

Disappointing post from you today.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
No I think the demos want to do whatever crazy stuff they want to do and just because it does not fall in line with what repubs want to do, its making you all mad and fussy.

I could give a shit if 70% of americans want all that to happen, thats still not all of us, and its still a known fact that drilling in anwr and offshore won't help our problems. Again, if its a problem of domestic supply, why not drill on the land they already have but aren't drilling on?

Anti.Hero
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Ha, at least she does't have Bush's appr....

Fuck.

I guess I can't use that one :(

ElNono
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/thisweek

Stephanopolis really owned her in this interview.

Asked at least a half dozen times why she wont allow a vote on drilling and stuttered through her non answer.

Then asked, "well, how about a vote on drilling as part of a comprehensive bill that included all the other alternative energy programs that she said both Republicans and Democrats favored. More stuttering, confusion, and avoidance.

They showed her when elected speaker showing her say she'd make sure Congress voted on what the people want them to vote on, then asked 'America wants you to vote to allow drilling, why won't you do it?'

This is your Congressional leader, Democrats :rolleyes

If this country would be run by opinion polls and 'what people want', Bush wouldn't be our president for a while now, and we wouldn't be at war in Iraq or Afghanistan. But that's not how democracy works.

Anti.Hero
08-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Again, if its a problem of domestic supply, why not drill on the land they already have but aren't drilling on?

It's not that hard of a concept. If you want a hamburger, you don't buy new cows and set them up on the pasture when you look over the fence and see a Whataburger sitting right there.

Pelsoi probably just dumped too much money into alternative future energy sources and wants to make sure she will get her return on investments before she croaks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
No I think the demos want to do whatever crazy stuff they want to do and just because it does not fall in line with what repubs want to do, its making you all mad and fussy.

I could give a shit if 70% of americans want all that to happen, thats still not all of us, and its still a known fact that drilling in anwr and offshore won't help our problems. Again, if its a problem of domestic supply, why not drill on the land they already have but aren't drilling on?

I've got an email from a buddy in the oil business on the leases they already have permitted, I'll have to do some digging to find it but he broke down what's really going on with the leases and the feds.

And I'm sorry, but Bush just even dropping the idea of allowing drilling offshore knocked off $10 for the price of oil futures in ONE DAY. It's comical that Pelosi sits there and says this won't make a difference. The prices you hear about oil being each day are from the *futures* market, and changes in the expected future availability of oil are priced in.

It's comical she says she wants to end our dependence on foreign oil, but won't let our oil companies drill domestically so they wouldn't have to buy all the oil from Middle East. Stupid bitch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
If this country would be run by opinion polls and 'what people want', Bush wouldn't be our president for a while now, and we wouldn't be at war in Iraq or Afghanistan. But that's not how democracy works.

Coulda fooled Obama, too....

Damn y'all are pathetic. Pelosi was all about how Bush and Co. weren't doing what Americans wanted, how America had spoken back in 2006. Now it's 'well, Pelosi shouldn't be doing what Americans want, that's not how it works.'

Y'all libs are funny.

ElNono
08-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Give me a fucking break. Oil was $2 a gallon with Republicans in power. That's a little different than $4/gallon...

Gas was $1.06/gallon when Clinton took office in 1993 (LINK (http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/miscellaneous/president-bush-and-gasoline-prices/))

CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation)

ElNono
08-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Damn y'all are pathetic. Pelosi was all about how Bush and Co. weren't doing what Americans wanted, how America had spoken back in 2006. Now it's 'well, Pelosi shouldn't be doing what Americans want, that's not how it works.'

Y'all libs are funny.

I don't like Pelosi any more than you do. And maybe you can consider me a liberal. I don't know. I'm not American and I can't vote.
That said, people rarely, if ever, get what they want from their politicians. That has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. It happens on both sides of the spectrum.

Anti.Hero
08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't like Pelosi any more than you do. And maybe you can consider me a liberal. I don't know. I'm not American and I can't vote.
That said, people rarely, if ever, get what they want from their politicians. That has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. It happens on both sides of the spectrum.

Which brings one to question, what happens when 25% of the population supports the other 75%...and that 75% are the ones being catered too while the 25% continue to be mistreated?

jack sommerset
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Republicans drill for oil, Democrats build a fucking engine that does not need it. Problem solved.

smeagol
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Oil is scarce and we use too much of it.

It will be expensive and will get even more expensive in the future.

We will all have to deal with it.

ElNono
08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Which brings one to question, what happens when 25% of the population supports the other 75%...and that 75% are the ones being catered too while the 25% continue to be mistreated?

The same that has happened before: A 5% of that 25% will be catered to no matter what because they have enough money to make sure they do. Some of the ones in the 75% will take advantage of the opportunity and move to the 20% section, while some of the 20% section will move to the 75% section.
If it's a relatively good government you will see the 20% part grow to 30% (albeit they'll have less money overall), while the 75% will be reduced to 65%.
With a bad government the 20% will be reduced or stay the same, and then the government will be kicked out after 4 years.
Democracy works well just as long as there's a rotation of ideologies going. I don't think it would work as well if you would have 20+ years of the same type of government going on.
Again, nothing here that we haven't experienced before.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Gas was $1.06/gallon when Clinton took office in 1993 (LINK (http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/miscellaneous/president-bush-and-gasoline-prices/))

CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation)

So why is it you, other libs, and Demos blame our gas prices on big oil? Correlation does not imply causation.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 09:49 PM

The 25% say fuck it and move somewhere else in the world where they are allowed to keep the fruits of their labor.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Oil is scarce and we use too much of it.

It will be expensive and will get even more expensive in the future.

We will all have to deal with it.

Agreed. Democraps can't see past our borders though, they seem all too happy to overlook the population boom in Asia and pretend those people don't need gasoline for their vehicles.

boutons_
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
70% of America was US out of Iraq, and the same is true of Iraqis. Will dubya and his puppet Maliki comply?

As the article I posted today pointed out, the oilcos are drilling for natural gas now and in immediate future, winter is coming, NOT for oil. They're rolling in dough and spending it buy back their own stock.

ElNono
08-03-2008, 10:19 PM
So why is it you, other libs, and Demos blame our gas prices on big oil? Correlation does not imply causation.

Actually, there's a cause for record profits. It's when a company charges more for something they get for the same price or cheaper. In very basics economics:

Profits = Earnings - Expenses.

In order to increase profits you need to increase earnings or reduce expenses (or do both). Considering there has not been any breakthrough in oil extraction technology that doubled the amount of production for the same cost, one has to consider that what doubled are the earnings, by having the common citizen pay twice as much for the oil byproduct.

As incredible as it might seem, that formula works just the same regardless of the political party in power.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
There would be a consensus on this if there weren't alot of experts claiming this would not lower oil prices for the american people for shit.i pray that you believe in global warming.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Z0FcNNeuf0E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0FcNNeuf0E

ENJOY YOUR VACATION, JACKASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smeagol
08-04-2008, 09:53 AM
As the article I posted today pointed out, the oilcos are drilling for natural gas now and in immediate future, winter is coming, NOT for oil. They're rolling in dough and spending it buy back their own stock.

We get it. Private enterprise is evil. Private initiative is what screws everything up.

Go to Venezuela and buy yourself a plot of land there, already.

smeagol
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
i pray that you believe in global warming.

Nah, global warming is a myth. Humans vomoting toxic gases to the atmosphere has nothing to do with the planet being more polluted and getting warmer.

It's really God-driven to punish the gays and the infidels. Just like 9/11. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-04-2008, 12:25 PM
We get it. Private enterprise is evil. Private initiative is what screws everything up.

Go to Venezuela and buy yourself a plot of land there, already.

South America bringing the smack down :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
By the way, my company's stock is up 36% this year, I guess we should cut a check to the American people too, using Obama/Pelosi logic.

Mr. Peabody
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
By the way, my company's stock is up 36% this year, I guess we should cut a check to the American people too, using Obama/Pelosi logic.

Did your company receive government subsidies when it was struggling?

boutons_
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
The entire OCS leasing deal is a Repug instigated/last-year-in-office lease grab gifted to the oilcos. Has absolutley nothing to do with gas price or any pre-Iraq-style lies the Repugs are spewing OCS.

In classic "make or buy" decsion, the oilcos prefer to import oil, prefer to drill now for gas, than to invest $Bs in exploration and drilling.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Did your company receive government subsidies when it was struggling?
so do our farmers. i don't see anything about Big Corn. Big Wheat.......................
next excuse

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Drill until there is no tomorrow. I won't be around anyhow.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
i'd rather drill than be taxed like there's no tomorrow.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
i'd rather drill than be taxed like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not in the top tax bracket so tax away baby!!!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
hold that thought. i'll be back.

T Park
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
There isn't one magic bullet to our energy crisis, but opening these areas up to drilling is part of an interim solution until new alternative energies can be realized in the economies of scale needed to make an impact on our nation's energy dependencies.

Thank you thank you thank you.

T Park
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM

If you think that your boy Obama will only tax them and not you, you are gullible.

T Park
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Your boy Obama says thats no good.

Whats up with that? :)

T Park
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Under the OP logic, your company making money is evil and horrible to begin with.

Wild Cobra
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM

Y'all libs are funny.

Yeppers...

I see a real good possibility of the republicans resuming control of congress again. If the demonrats really cared about the people, they would do everything they can to bring oil prices back down.

It's as if they want us to suffer.

Duff McCartney
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
70% of Americans are in support of opening up the continental shelf and Alaska to drilling. Are you telling me that 70% is all conservatives? Come on, that's a juvenile response I suspect from liberal sycophants like boutons.

Oh Aggie...people can come up with statistics to prove anything....14% of all people know that.

Nbadan
08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
If you think that your boy

:nope

Nbadan
08-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh the hypocrisy...

FBFRdAdh_AU

While Congress is on summer break McCain has been AOL in the Senate..

Nbadan
08-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Meanwhile, wing-nuts continue to spin that any added oil we drill from off-shore drilling or ANWR will stay in the U.S to drop domestic prices at the pump .......WRONG!

If We Drill in the U.S., We Don't Get the Oil
By Cenk Uygur, Huffington Post. Posted August 1, 2008.

One thing has been driving me crazy about this drilling debate -- everyone seems to assume that if we drill for oil in the US, that we will get the oil. And hence, we won't be dependent on foreign oil anymore. But we won't get anything, Exxon-Mobil will.

The oil that comes from that drilling will not be United States property (Republicans aren't suggesting we nationalize the oil companies, are they?). It will be the property of whichever oil company got the rights to that contract. They can then sell it to whoever they like -- and they will. They will sell it on the world market, so the Chinese will have just as much access to the oil that comes out of the coast of Florida as we will.

The Democrats have done a decent job of beating back the argument that this will effect prices in the short run, or even in the long run. But no one has addressed the point above. The Republicans make it seem like we won't be dependent on foreign oil -- and that prices will go down in the US -- if we have our own oil. But it won't be ours. And it will be sold on the world market, so its effect on global oil prices will be even smaller.

When we ask the question of whether there should be drilling off the coast of Florida or in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, we should ask the question this way -- would you be comfortable with the Chinese or the Germans or Russians or the Saudis drilling on American land? Because for all intents and purposes, they will be.

Large multi-national firms like Exxon-Mobil are not US property. They sell to the world and their allegiance is to corporate profits. So, when they drill, they drill for the whole world, not just us. Some might find that heart-warming, but it certainly has nothing to do with the US having more oil or lower prices.

Cenk Uygur is co-host of The Young Turks, the first liberal radio show to air nationwide.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Meanwhile, wing-nuts continue to spin that any added oil we drill from off-shore drilling or ANWR will stay in the U.S to drop domestic prices at the pump .......WRONG!

Cenk Uygur is co-host of The Young Turks, the first liberal radio show to air nationwide.

:lmao

Yes, there's a world market for crude oil. Market prices will bear out the prices on said market based on the *supply*. If the oil companies drill here, then the volume of said supply would go up, driving demand (and prices) down.

Silly liberals, it's called ECON101. And not to mention the transportation costs of shipping crude around the world vs. pumping it locally...

clambake
08-08-2008, 06:20 PM

Yes, there's a world market for crude oil. Market prices will bear out the prices on said market based on the *supply*. If the oil companies drill here, then the volume of said supply would go up, driving demand (and prices) down.

Silly liberals, it's called ECON101. And not to mention the transportation costs of shipping crude around the world vs. pumping it locally...

you finally said they don't care about americas long-term energy needs.:toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
you finally said they don't care about americas long-term energy needs.:toast

Yeah, if us and the rest of the world are fighting over x number of barrels, and they add another 4-5 million barrels a day, that will have no effect on energy prices here...

clambake
08-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, if us and the rest of the world are fighting over x number of barrels, and they add another 4-5 million barrels a day, that will have no effect on energy prices here...

i think you missed the "long-term energy needs" statement.

you see........their montra is "we need to end our dependence on foreign oil".

thats the statement they hooked you with.

Wild Cobra
08-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I predict this will become a major selling point in November to bring the republicans back. The more demonrats oppose realistic ways to reduce oil prices, the more people will look to the republicans. With the congress ban of outer continental shelf drilling set to expire in September, look at the hate they will generate when they reauthorize the ban, now! President Bush has removed the executive ban, now it's up to them. Just the known intention of increasing world oil supply will prop the prices almost immediately. President Bush's executive order has already brough prices down because the speculators see this as being a real desire, and probability.

In the past, when we set out to increase USA supply, OPEC has reduced the prices to levels that made it unprofitable, effectively stopping USA efforts. If they try this again once the outer continental shelf ban is lifted, we can see a dramatic drop in fuel costs again.

Democrats are the reason we pay the high prices. They stand in the way of lowering them.

Vote rebublican this year.... except for RINO's. Vote democrat or 3rd party instead. We need to keep the conservative republicans and can the liberal ones.

Nbadan
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I predict this will become a major selling point in November to bring the republicans back.

Republicans have to run on something I suppose....and lies are what have been driving the McCain campaign since he decided to let the Rovians take over his camp....

Viva Las Espuelas
08-11-2008, 08:55 AM
...........We need to tell all of these jackasses in Washington to go to hell get the hell out of the way!!! I want nothing more for Christmas than to put my foot in this womans' ass. She is the most stupidest thing thing i've seen with skin.
---------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Pelosi: At-risk Dems back drilling
By: Martin Kady II and Patrick O'Connor
August 5, 2008 11:43 PM EST
California Democrat Nancy Pelosi may be trying to save the planet — but the rank and file in her party increasingly are just trying to save their political hides when it comes to gas prices as Republicans apply more and more rhetorical muscle.

But what looks like intraparty tension on the surface is part of an intentional strategy in which Pelosi takes the heat on energy policy, while behind the scenes she’s encouraging vulnerable Democrats to express their independence if it helps them politically, according to Democratic aides on and off Capitol Hill.

Pelosi’s gambit rests on one big assumption: that Democrats will own Washington after the election and will be able to craft a sweeping energy policy that is heavy on conservation and fuel alternatives while allowing for some new oil drilling. Democrats see no need to make major concessions on energy policy with a party poised to lose seats in both chambers in just three months — even if recess-averse Republicans continue to pound away on the issue.

“The reality is we will have a new president in three months, and what Bush and the Republicans are trying to do amounts to a land grab for the oil companies,” said one senior House Democratic aide involved with party strategy. “I don’t think we have to give in at all pre-election — we have many more options postelection.”

It’s a reality that Rep. Nick J. Rahall (D-W.Va.) personally delivered to President Bush recently.

Rahall spent more than an hour last week talking to the president about energy. Bush spent the entire flight aboard Air Force One, and much of a subsequent limousine ride, grilling the West Virginia Democrat about legislative solutions to the high price of gasoline, Rahall said last week.

So, does the president think Congress can get anything done this year?

“No,” Rahall replied in a short interview with Politico. “He’s realistic about it.”

Asked if Congress will produce a comprehensive energy bill in September before Congress adjourns again for elections, Rahall replied, “This year? No.”

Instead, the chairman of the House Committee on Natural Resources believes Democrats are all about 2009.

“We’ve laid the groundwork this year,” Rahall said.

Democratic House aides say the energy agenda has been carefully gamed out in strategy sessions, and Pelosi always intended to take heat on gas prices while tacitly encouraging more vulnerable Democrats to publicly disagree with her and show their independence.

Freshman Democrats like Jason Altmire of Pennsylvania and Don Cazayoux of Louisiana have taken her up on the offer.

Altmire has said a drilling vote “will happen,” while Cazayoux, hoping to hang on to his seat in a conservative Baton Rouge-area district, on Friday sent a letter to Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) demanding a vote on more domestic oil exploration.

“There will be a vote,” said Altmire, who faces a rematch with former GOP Rep. Melissa Hart this fall in the Pittsburgh suburbs.

Indeed, Congress must vote before Sept. 30 to renew the annual moratorium; otherwise, it will lapse on its own, giving states the right to decide whether private companies can search for potential drilling sites three miles offshore. .

“My view is that if we have a vote, let’s make it a rational policy,” said Altmire, whose district includes viable coal and nuclear industries. “We can’t let Republicans hold this issue hostage because of one vote.”

Cazayoux, in his letter, says “the current debate seems to be bogged down in partisan one-upmanship.”

To some extent, House Republicans seem to be playing right along with the strategy, taking Pelosi’s name in vain dozens of times during their rebel House sessions over the past few days and making her the villain who won’t allow oil drilling votes.

“It’s grossly unfair to the Democrats who want a vote,” said Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas). “[Pelosi] needs to cut that out.”

The Senate has also gone with a run-out-the-clock strategy, with Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) calling for a bipartisan energy summit but promising no major energy votes. Reid embraced the drilling and conservation proposals of the bipartisan Senate “Gang of 10” last week, but he made further commitment on the energy debate.

Reid, like Pelosi, is expecting to have a much stronger governing majority in the Senate next year, so he has little incentive to give in to Republicans on energy policy as long as he thinks it won’t hurt Democrats.

Even as they face heat from constituents during the August break, Democrats say they aren’t going to cave in to popular pressure.

“We feel pretty comfortable with where we are,” said Rep. Michael E. Capuano (D-Mass.), who is close to the Democratic leadership. “This is a not a new issue. This just didn’t happen today. We’ve been working on this for months.”

Democratic insiders said that Pelosi and other party leaders were “not rattled” by the GOP floor rebellion, and at this point, it’s not clear if the Democrats will even pay a price on energy. State-level polling conducted by Democrats suggests that voters still view President Bush and the GOP as the incumbent power in Washington, and Democratic strategists believe any anti-incumbent wave would hurt Republicans more than Democrats.

Rep. Jeb Hensarling of Texas, one of the leaders of the rogue GOP House session, said he realizes that Democrats are “in a four-corners stall right now,” and admits that “it gets more challenging” for Republicans if they lose more seats in Congress.

Democrats are also comforted somewhat by the fact that crude oil prices have gone down more than 10 percent from their summer highs, and if the U.S. economy enters a recession, prices may fall further due to slackening demand.

“There is no crisis on our side of the aisle,” a top House Democratic leadership aide said. “We have a plan, and we will stick to it.”

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Republicans have to run on something I suppose....and lies are what have been driving the McCain campaign since he decided to let the Rovians take over his camp....

Riiiight. Only the Republicans lie. The Demos are honest, just look at what their ethanol policies have done for this country! Oh wait...

The bottom line is the Republicans were searching for something they could win on this fall, and the environmental whackos on the left in Congress gave it to them with the prospect of domestic drilling.

Say what you want to about Rovian tactics, I like them a lot better than the tree hugger stupidity of Nancy and her friends.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2008, 12:44 AM

I don't think libtards are intelligent enough to understand these simple concepts.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2008, 12:44 AM

Who said it would stay here? Have any credible names? I would really like to see in context quotes please. These demoncraps are pundits for the demonrats and lie all the time.

It makes sense that the oil from both will stay in the USA, but that's not a given. If it is not "light sweet" crude, the oil companies will likely sell it to other countries and take that money to buy more of the light sweet on the market. There is the logistics also. Oil from ANWR might be shipped to Asian countries rather than piped to the continental USA. Is the pipeline at capacity? If so, that is rather likely. If any of that Alaskan oil is moved by tanker, it may be best to sell it to the closest ports. Especially if it isn't high grade oil.

Oil is a world commodity. Any increase of the supply decreases the price for the same demand level. Any decrease of supply makes the price increase.

Isn't it funny how the demonrats say releasing some of the strategic oil reserves will lower the prices, but drilling for more will not. Do you libtards really believe their lies?

Nbadan
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Oil is a world commodity. Any increase of the supply decreases the price for the same demand level. Any decrease of supply makes the price increase.

Increasing supply 5-10 years from now will do nothing to lower the price at the pump today and very little to lower the price in the future, but by tapping the strategic oil reserves, you help break the back of Wall Street money that is speculating the price of gasoline beyond that capable by normal market supply and demand...

jochhejaam
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Increasing supply 5-10 years from now will do nothing to lower the price at the pump today
Lowering the price at the pump isn't the main objective, demand will be up 5-10 years from now, so increasing supply makes perfect sense.

by tapping the strategic oil reserves you help break the back of Wall Street money that is speculating the price of gasoline beyond that capable by normal market supply and demand...
U.S. demand for oil has dropped 800,000 bpd, no need to get into the strategic reserves at this time. Besides that, once the released reserves have reached their saturation point (you do realize that it's a temporary fix?), then the speculators are right back at it.

You might beat greed for a moment, but it's not going to go away.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Increasing supply 5-10 years from now will do nothing to lower the price at the pump today and very little to lower the price in the future, but by tapping the strategic oil reserves, you help break the back of Wall Street money that is speculating the price of gasoline beyond that capable by normal market supply and demand...

One of my roommates from college is an oil geophysicist. The 5-10 year time frame is simply liberal propaganda to try and push the drill now segment of our society to the side.

People in the industry believe that we would see oil being delivered to market inside of 18 months from the word go. Certainly a lot faster than any of this fusion mumbo jumbo the left wants to hang our hat on can be brought to market in any economy of scale.

clambake
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM
aggie, you're a dipshit. ask your ROOMMATE what amer. oil cos will do with this oil.

are you that fucking stupid?

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Why don't you ask your oil geophysicist roommate why the oil cos. aren't pumping oil out of the ground from the millions of acres they already lease? And where's our royalties?

medstudent
08-15-2008, 01:11 AM
I hope we drill this mothafucka dry!

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Why drill? Oil use is down, pumping is up and the price at the pump is stagnant...

medstudent
08-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Things change. Oil will go back up. The price at the pump will go back up. Fuck Bambi, lets drill everything we got while investing in renewables

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 01:36 AM
...there is no current energy source that is currently as cheap as oil, even at $4 per gallon, oh sure we can expand our usage of wind-power, natural gas, hell, even shale oil, but none of these things are going to let us all as a world continue to live in relative peace and geopolitical balance the way cheap oil has for the last 60 years....there will be many more wars until we find a alternative energy source that is as efficient and effective as oil..

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 01:49 AM
If you want to read more on the correlation between fossil fuel and worldwide population growth:

You can start here (http://www.holon.se/folke/kurs/logexp/logexp_en.shtml)

boutons_
08-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Oilcos fuck America every chance they get. It's their fiduciary duty. ============ US Oil Exports Hit Record Pace. That's Right, Exports "Who knew that the US is currently exporting 1.8 million barrels of oil a day?" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-sassoon/us-oil-exports-hit-record_b_120058.html?view=print the OCS lease shit is pure charace to lock up the leases (not for drilling) while dubya is in office.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Why don't you ask your oil geophysicist roommate why the oil cos. aren't pumping oil out of the ground from the millions of acres they already lease? And where's our royalties?

Just because the feds have given them a lease doesn't mean that it's affordable for them to drill there, even with the current prices.

Oh wait, you libs want them drill the oil out of all their leases even if it means oil would go up to over $200 a barrel. After all, you want to punish anyone not driving a piece of shit Yaris for consuming too much of the evil fossil fuels anyway...

Wild Cobra
08-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Who knew that the US is currently exporting 1.8 million barrels of oil a day?

Everyone who pays attention to facts know that we export some of our oil.

No new news here.

Wild Cobra
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/USEnFlow02-quads.gif

Wild Cobra
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Here's a 2007 image (http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/aer/pdf/pages/sec1_3.pdf).

clambake
08-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Everyone who pays attention to facts know that we export some of our oil.

No new news here.

thanks for admitting the republican chants about ending dependency from foreign oil is a hoax.

T Park
08-20-2008, 11:24 PM
thanks for admitting the republican chants about ending dependency from foreign oil is a hoax.

I thought Barack was chanting that?

But I guess thats above Barack's pay grade though.