PDA

View Full Version : Another one gone

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3517862

See ya Carlos

The Franchise
08-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Who cares. That's like saying Tau stole Popeye Jones in his prime. He won't be missed.

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I think that right now Europe is just testing the waters. Trying to see how difficult it is going to be signing some NBA caliber players. Sure Arroyo is not a superstar by any means but 3-5 years from now some of our high school prospects are going to find out how nice it’ll be to skip college play overseas and make the big bucks. Then comparing the money they can make there with what the NBA will pay them will be a no contest. Most of these kids are idiots that don’t know how to do anything but put a ball in a basket and will easily be swayed by the almighty dollar or in this case the almighty Euro.
I know a lot of NBA players have played overseas but this is the first time that we have seen some UFA’s using this as leverage. Usually a scrub leaves and teams are like oh well they were going to the d-league anyway but now it’s starters and key role players that are leaving.

robbie380
08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
fwiw he is signing for less than what he made last year in america.

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Right but that doesn't mean he will get that this year. Plus all the other crap they give out overseas.

SpursDynasty
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
International ball is useless.

mrspurs
08-05-2008, 08:03 AM
i hustle is still trying to get attention......so here you go.....heres your attention