PDA

View Full Version : JC Penny/Breakfast Club commercial

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Has anyone seen this garbage?
For those who haven't, its a commercial for back to school clothes featuring a bunch of mod kids dressed like preps, each one supposed to represent a character from The Breakfast Club. I guess they all try to re-create all the scenes of the movie throughout this commercial and it makes me want to throw up.

Its corny, it stupid and I want to take who ever came up with this marketing ad at JCP corporate and put them in front of a firing squad. This is the problem with some of these so called marketing people and our pop culture today. They take whats classic and try to re-do it and completely make asses out of themselves.

Oh, and the worst part, they remade the Simple Minds song, "Don't You Forget About Me" by some skateboard band that totally pours ass sauce all over the whole thing. I'm going to break the record of all-time TV destroying because I have to shoot the television every time this crap comes on.
Will someone please rescue us from all this nonsense?!?

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 10:32 AM
:lol ass sauce

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Would have been a lot cooler if they got the original cast. Most of them are looking for work anyways. Guess they'd have to go digital to get Paul Gleeson in there though.

stretch
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh, and the worst part, they remade the Simple Minds song, "Don't You Forget About Me" by some skateboard band that totally pours ass sauce all over the whole thing. I'm going to break the record of all-time TV destroying because I have to shoot the television every time this crap comes on.
Will someone please rescue us from all this nonsense?!?

lol that was New Found Glory who did a cover for that song. they do covers for a lot of popular movie songs.

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 11:00 AM
lol that was New Found Glory who did a cover for that song. they do covers for a lot of popular movie songs.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I just can't buy into that. Some things are better left alone.

I can't stand it anymore. Good-bye cruel world...

:shootme

midgetonadonkey
08-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree.

G.Q.
08-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Dockers

DisAsTerBot
08-04-2008, 11:22 AM

new found glory should stick to writing their own shitty songs and not shit all over other people's.

Spurminator
08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
It was an interesting concept, I thought. The only problem I had with it was that The Breakfast Club is a stupid movie.

The sone
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
advertising not marketing

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 11:36 AM
advertising not marketing

go hand in hand.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
It was an interesting concept, I thought. The only problem I had with it was that The Breakfast Club is a stupid movie.Their homage to The Deer Hunter didn't do as well in focus groups.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Their homage to The Deer Hunter didn't do as well in focus groups.

:lmao

Spurminator
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM
:lol

ashbeeigh
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I was talking to my mom about this last night. Fucking disgusting.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I love The Breakfast Club.

mFFL03
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
go hand in hand.

nope...

the ad agency is saatchi and saatchi i think.

terrible commercial btw. the movie industry is running out of new ideas and so are the ad agencies apparently.

don draper would have thrown his whiskey glass at this creative team

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 04:21 PM
nope...

the ad agency is saatchi and saatchi i think.

terrible commercial btw. the movie industry is running out of new ideas and so are the ad agencies apparently.

don draper would have thrown his whiskey glass at this creative team

Do they office is Dallas as well? I hope so because I'm driving up the tollway to go kick someone's ass over at JCP corporate already...

BacktoBasics
08-04-2008, 04:39 PM
First time I saw it I nearly shit myself....had the remote in hand ready to break. I thought it was some kind of Nickelodeon remake. I fucking melted down right in my living room and my wife was like "what...what the fuck is it, what the hell is going on" then I realized it was a commercial...I was still kinda pissed.

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
First time I saw it I nearly shit myself....had the remote in hand ready to break. I thought it was some kind of Nickelodeon remake. I fucking melted down right in my living room and my wife was like "what...what the fuck is it, what the hell is going on" then I realized it was a commercial...I was still kinda pissed.

Wow, you're like the defender of all that's original.

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes, allright i came to the conclusion that after watching the video on youtube, that the comercial tribute was horrid.

CWFsOkvGAug

I think the idea or marketing gimmick was a great idea. It not only brings nostalgia to the 30 somethings with kids in school who could eat this thing up, but it turns on the new generation to a classic movie who should be required material to watch. The execution of it is another story.

Just that there were too many kids in the comercial, they also tried to make it politicaly correct by adding two black kids, and the rebel looked like a prep, and not a rebel.

BacktoBasics
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow, you're like the defender of all that's original.Well if you're a 90 year old women I'd probably not defend your "original" sagging rack.

Findog
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Dockers

Wilco is country music for guys who wear dockers.

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Well if you're a 90 year old women I'd probably not defend your "original" sagging rack.

that doesn't make anysense. But you have a hot wife. Fuck you.

dickface
08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
What killed me the most was the girl wearing the Nirvana t-shirt. I can see the guys who wrote the commercial discussing this one.

Ad Exec 1: Well so far we're fucking this up big time, The Breakfast Club was all about a band of misfits, and instead we've littered our commercial with a bunch of douchey Abercrombie teenagers in trendy clothes. How do we fix this?

Ad Exec 2: Why not put one of those dumbass kids in a band t-shirt. The band's got to be dark, edgy, and rebellious.

Ad Exec 1: Hmmmm....how about Nirvana? Those guys are rebellious, right?

Ad Exec 2: Yeah they're totally out there! They're so edgy and rebellious that they sold tens of millions of albums!

Ad Exec 1: We're smart.

mFFL03
08-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Do they office is Dallas as well? I hope so because I'm driving up the tollway to go kick someone's ass over at JCP corporate already...

nope, they are in NY

you can find the guys who make the denny's commercials and kick their ass if you want

or find the guys who make the chik-fil-a and coronoa ads and kick their ass too...

I've never had a great experience drinking beer at the beach...it's hot, sandy, dehydrating, and fcking bright as hell

AlamoSpursFan
08-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I've never had a great experience drinking beer at the beach...it's hot, sandy, dehydrating, and fcking bright as hell

Then you're doing it wrong.

:lol

S_A_Longhorn
08-05-2008, 08:35 AM
The BC had 5 members. Why are there 10+ kids in this stupid commerical?