PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Freeman in Serious Condition after car accident

IronMexican
08-04-2008, 11:30 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/ap_on_en_mo/morgan_freeman

Quote:
Actor Morgan Freeman is injured in car accident

JACKSON, Miss. - Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman has been injured in car accident in Mississippi and is in a Memphis hospital.

ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer says Freeman is in serious condition.

The hospital, commonly known as The Med, is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale that is owned by Freeman, confirmed the actor was in a wreck. Norris said she had no other details.

The accident apparently occurred in Tallahatchie County Mississippi, but the sheriff's department referred calls to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. A highway patrol spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope he is alright:wow

monosylab1k
08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Dark Knight curse? Aaron Eckhart better watch his ass.

Sonia_TX
08-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I just got the CNN text message.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him.

Tippecanoe
08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
thats terrible to hear. morgan freeman is one of my favorite actors. i hope he makes a full recovery

sa_butta
08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Where does it say he is in serious condition??

Spurminator
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
:(

baseline bum
08-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Is that Bo Jackson in your avatar?

Tippecanoe
08-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Where does it say he is in serious condition??

um, second paragraph

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Is that Bo Jackson in your avatar?

Dude. Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson = UNSTOPPABLE

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
QUICK! Someone call Ashley Judd to investigate!

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'."

thispego
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I just got the CNN text message.

ehhhheheh

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2008, 11:47 AM

If it is this one's all over the place. Ledger dies, Bale gets into a domestic dispute, now Freeman is in what (knocks on wood) looks to be a non-fatal crash. Just to round out the rest of the cast, reports will surface of Eckhart picking up a tranny, who later turns out to be Maggie Gyllenhall.

thispego
08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
why? cause maggie gyllenhall is ugly?

to21
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
why? cause maggie gyllenhall is ugly?Butt Ugly

The sloth in Ice Age is better looking that that mug. I don't if I should trailer her up and take her to the derby or give her a feed bag.

Slomo
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Any news about how Miss Daisy is doing?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope he's ok.

Fat Bones
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Dude. Buy a better car next time.

Fortunately it appears he's gonna be okay, although no word on the passenger yet.

duncan228
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear he's going to be okay. He's one of my favorite actors, I think he's great.

thispego
Butt Ugly

The sloth in Ice Age is better looking that that mug. I don't if I should trailer her up and take her to the derby or give her a feed bag.

we know where your sexual preferences lie when you'd rather have sex with a cartoon sloth than this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/graphics/2007/09/05/maggie.jpg

I. Hustle
a '97 maxima?! Maybe he added all kinds of cool stuff to it the way he did the batmobile

ORION
08-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Any news about how Miss Daisy is doing?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope he's ok.

:lol:lol
I had to laugh at that

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-04-2008, 12:32 PM
we know where your sexual preferences lie when you'd rather have sex with a cartoon sloth than this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/graphics/2007/09/05/maggie.jpg

Great bod, but she's a butterface.

thispego
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Great bod, but she's a butterface.

LMFAO
anyone who thinks maggie g is a butterface needs to send me a pic of their girlfriend so I can see how much hotter she is than maggie g.

butterface. yeah right. :rolleyes

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I liked her since she was in that secretary movie. But back to the MF'er uummm I bet it was Kevin Spacey getting him back for locking him up. Tell Brad Pitt

lefty
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
why? cause maggie gyllenhall is ugly?

That's why the Joker kills her

Heath Ledger
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I hope he's all right but should he leave us Mrs. Daisy will be waiting for him.

Whisky Dog
08-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Get better, Red.

hater
08-04-2008, 02:14 PM

http://www.driko.org/blogicons/bugsdrag27.jpg

duncan228
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Get better, Red.

What a role. He was great.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.driko.org/blogicons/bugsdrag27.jpg

I think she (Maggie, not Bugs Bunny) is very attractive, but I have to admit, I laughed...

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Thispego has been keeping all these idiotic club members in check for quite a while. I have to go against my morals and vote Thispego as poster of the Century just for that reason.

I think i've come to admire thispego after the way he "regulated"<Victard terminology> the life on other galaxies threads where everyone thought they were stephen hawking.

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Seriously if you think Maggie Gylenhaal is ugly, you whack off to too much fake plastic chicks, or chicks with dicks.

mrsmaalox
08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Thispego has been keeping all these idiotic club members in check for quite a while. I have to go against my morals and vote Thispego as poster of the Century just for that reason.

I think i've come to admire thispego after the way he "regulated"<Victard terminology> the life on other galaxies threads where everyone thought they were stephen hawking.

It's true. Thispego says a lot with a few words. He's kinda like the Morgan Freeman of Spurstalk.

dickface
08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
It's true. Thispego says a lot with a few words. He's kinda like the Morgan Freeman of Spurstalk.

thispego is black?

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM

Or Cheif SilentHorse.

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
thispego is black?

from the bank statement down.

T Park
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM
LMFAO
anyone who thinks maggie g is a butterface needs to send me a pic of their girlfriend so I can see how much hotter she is than maggie g.

butterface. yeah right. :rolleyes

Why are you so defensive over this chick?

IronMexican
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM

he jacks off to her.

manufor3
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I hope he's okay

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/media/2006/01/Morgan_Freeman.jpg

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM

why do you overstate things?

thispego
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM

http://i36.tinypic.com/2n2hkp.jpg

its less about defending her than it is about trying to get others to realize how dumb they are. I mean.. I know that every poster at spurstalk is either a model themself or dates one, so i know that they are able to distinguish between pretty and ugly.

Seriously if you think Maggie Gylenhaal is ugly, you whack off to too much fake plastic chicks, or chicks with dicks.

seriously

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey I saw a boob

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 05:30 PM
No offense to Morgan Freeman, but why isn't there a Bernie Mac thread today?

(I hope they both get well.)

duncan228
08-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I didn't know about Bernie Mac Kori, thanks for the heads-up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7540340.stm

Comedian Mac in Chicago hospital

The comedian starred in films Ocean's Thirteen and Transformers last year
Comedian Bernie Mac has spent the weekend in a Chicago hospital after coming down with pneumonia, his publicist has said.

Danica Smith said in a statement that the 50-year-old was "responding well to treatment and will be released soon".

Ms Smith added the pneumonia was not related to an inflammatory lung disease the comedian also has. That condition has been in remission since 2005.

Mac starred in his own US sitcom, The Bernie Mac Show, from 2001 to 2006.

His performance in the programme earned him numerous award nominations including two at the Emmys and the Golden Globes.

Mac, a Chicago native, also starred in last year's box office hits Ocean's Thirteen and Transformers.

duncan228
08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/triage/2008/08/bernie-mac-had.html

Bernie Mac had it: what is sarcoidosis?

Because of comedian Bernie Mac, new attention is focusing on sarcoidosis, a little known medical condition that affects tens of thousands of Americans.

Mac, currently hospitalized in Chicago with severe pneumonia, had the condition until it went into remission in 2005. His publicist, Danica Smith, says sarcoidosis isn’t responsible for Mac’s current illness.

But people interested in Mac's condition are searching the Web, looking for more information on this little-known disease. So, here's a primer.

Sarcoidosis is an immune system disorder that can make it hard to breathe, inflame lymph nodes in the neck and the chest, and cause bumps and ulcers to break out on people’s skin.

Most cases are mild, but those that are severe can cause serious scarring in the lungs, a complication that occurs in 20 to 25 percent of patients.

It’s not clear what causes sarcoidosis, though experts believe environmental contaminants can help trigger a genetic susceptibility.

Research studies have found an association between this condition and irritants such as tree pollen, insecticides and moldy environments, the New England Journal of Medicine reported in an overview published last November.

Sarcoidosis is “probably the end result of immune responses to various ubiquitous environmental triggers,” the overview stated.

Typically, our bodies fight perceived threats by mounting an inflammatory response. With sarcoidosis, this response becomes excessive and ends up producing small clumps of cells that can clump together throughout the body.

If these clumps become large enough, they can begin to interfere with the functioning of various organs. Most commonly affected are the lungs (more than 90 percent of cases), the eyes and the skin.

In the worst cases, inflammation causes irreversible lung scarring, serious eye conditions such as cataracts and glaucoma, or aching and swelling in the legs accompanied by arthritis.

Two-thirds of sarcoidosis patients generally go into remission within a decade of being diagnosed; recurrence of the disease after a year of remission affects fewer than 5 percent of patients, the New England Journal of Medicine reported.

One-third of patients have an "unrelenting," progressive form of this illness that typically leads to organ impairment.

This is primary an illness of adults in the 20- to 40-year-old range. African-Americans are more prone to the condition than whites (the incidence rate among blacks is 35.5 cases per 100,000; among whites it’s 10.9 per 100,000). African-Americans women are twice as likely as men to be struck with the illness.

Symptoms include a persistent cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, night sweats, weight loss, small red bumps on the face, arms or buttocks, red, watery eyes, and arthritis in the ankles, elbows, wrists and hands, according to the Mayo Clinic.

There is no cure for this illness. The most common treatment is Prednisone, a steroid that can have serious side effects. Occasionally, physicians prescribe medications known as immune system suppressants (such as Plaquenil and Methotrexate).

While sarcoidosis can be severe, fewer than 5 percent of patients die f
rom the condition. In the vast majority of cases, symptoms are mild and disappear over time.

For more information, I recommend the sarcoidosis resources listed below:

The Mayo Clinic’s Web site

The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute’s Web site

The American Lung Association’s Web site

thispego
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM

too black?

Kori Ellis
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Last night it was reported that he was on his death bed, so I was surprised it wasn't here. However, thankfully, the initial reports were wrong.

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
too black?

:fro

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Last night it was reported that he was on his death bed, so I was surprised it wasn't here. However, thankfully, the initial reports were wrong.

WHOA I didn't know it was that bad

The Franchise
08-04-2008, 05:58 PM

its less about defending her than it is about trying to get others to realize how dumb they are. I mean.. I know that every poster at spurstalk is either a model themself or dates one, so i know that they are able to distinguish between pretty and ugly.

seriously

She is ugly. Very ugly.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM

I have always found her attractive.

thispego
08-04-2008, 06:21 PM
She is ugly. Very ugly.

compared tooo what percentage of the population of girls in Houston? I know blonde hair and tons of makeup go a long way in Houston, soooo....

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
No thread on Christina Applegate's breast cancer?

Why do you all hate white women?

dickface
08-04-2008, 06:32 PM

Because Morgan Freeman has talent.

IronMexican
08-04-2008, 06:53 PM

:lmao

That was pretty funny.

The Franchise
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
compared tooo what percentage of the population of girls in Houston? I know blonde hair and tons of makeup go a long way in Houston, soooo....

If you don't believe me put this to a poll. Personality wise she seems like a nice girl, and she does have a pretty hot body. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but I wouldn't walk down the street proudly with her ugly ass either.

ShoogarBear
08-04-2008, 08:19 PM

This isn't a Morgan Freeman thread. This is a Maggie Gyllenhaal thread.

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I hope he feels better asap.

tp2021
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Morgan Freeman=God

Ignignokt
08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
If you don't believe me put this to a poll. Personality wise she seems like a nice girl, and she does have a pretty hot body. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but I wouldn't walk down the street proudly with her ugly ass either.

:lol, good one.

Aggie Hoopsdouche
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Dude, she's totally fugly.

I've fucked at least one chick hotter than her.

Of course that chick did have the herps.

Heath Ledger
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Slomo, Miss Daisy has been dead for a # of years. google Jessica Tandy

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-05-2008, 01:02 AM
My apologies to Mr. Freeman. I never intended to sow the seeds of his health concern thread being derailed, though if I had stopped to think I probably should have seen that coming. Get well soon, sir.

Trainwreck2100
08-05-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm just shocked at pego's defending of the "establishment"

alamo50
08-05-2008, 04:08 AM

Amen!

to21
08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
we know where your sexual preferences lie when you'd rather have sex with a cartoon sloth than this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/graphics/2007/09/05/maggie.jpgI'll tell the world......

I like cartoons.

sa_butta
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
JACKSON, Mississippi (AP) -- Morgan Freeman's lawyer says the actor and his wife of 24 years are getting a divorce.
Freeman's lawyer, Bill Luckett, told the Memphis Commercial-Appeal newspaper that the divorce action is pending. Freeman's wife is Myrna Colley-Lee.

The lawyer declined to provide details. There was no answer early Thursday at phone numbers for Luckett or for Freeman's publicist.
The 71-year-old actor is recovering in a Memphis hospital after a car crash in neighboring Mississippi on Sunday left him with a broken arm, broken elbow and shoulder damage.
The woman who was injured along with Freeman in the car accident apparently is a friend of the Oscar-winning actor who had offered him a ride home, a crash witness says.

Freeman was driving a 1997 Nissan Maxima that authorities said belongs to Demaris Meyer, 48, of Memphis, Tennesee, when the car veered off a rural road Sunday night a few miles from Freeman's home in the Mississippi Delta. The car flipped at least twice.

Bill Rogers, a retired police officer who was the first person to arrive at the scene, said a dazed Freeman told him that he and Meyer were headed to his home in Charleston, a small town some 90 miles south of Memphis.
"He said that she had offered him a ride home; that they were friends and she had offered him a ride home and she didn't really know the way and so he was going to drive the vehicle," Rogers said Tuesday, recalling a conversation he had with the actor.
Luckett told the Commercial Appeal newspaper that Meyer is the actor's friend.

Rogers said he talked to Freeman and Meyer in attempt to keep them conscious -- something he was trained to do as a police officer.

"They said they were coming from Clarksdale," Rogers said.
Freeman (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/morgan_freeman) owns several businesses in Clarksdale, about 40 miles from his home, including the Ground Zero Blues Club and a restaurant named Madidi. Ashley Norris, the club's manager, said Wednesday that Freeman had not been there the night of the accident. No one answered the phone at Madadi.

Rescuers used a jaws-of-life machine to free "The Dark Knight" star and Meyer from the wreckage. Freeman was airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tennessee.
Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Wednesday that Freeman had been upgraded to fair condition. The actor had surgery Monday to reconnect nerves and repair damage to his left arm and hand, according to his publicist, Donna Lee. Lee said Freeman will make a full recovery.
Hospital officials say Meyer isn't listed in the hospital's registry. However, under medical privacy laws, people can request that their names not be listed as patients at a hospital.

A Mississippi Highway Patrol (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/mississippi_highway_safety_patrol) officer said Meyer was in the Tennessee hospital when the agency called to see how she and Freeman were doing Monday night.

Calls to Meyer's home Wednesday were not answered. Her condition was not immediately available. Rogers said Meyer did not appear to be injured as severely as Freeman.
Not much is known about Meyer. Rogers said she appeared to be an avid gardener -- a hobby reportedly enjoyed by Freeman and his wife -- because several gardening tools were flung around the accident scene when the car's trunk was ripped open by the impact.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/07/morgan.freeman.ap/index.html

thispego
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
just friends, sure