completely deck
08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Currently signed with a contract onto the Spurs roster:

PG: Parker/Vaughn/
SG: Ginobili/Mason/
SF: Bowen/Udoka/
PF: Duncan/Bonner/Tolliver/
C: Oberto/Thomas/Mahinmi

Is this correct? If so, are you happy with it or what would you like to see changed? Please keep the irrational "trade Ginobili" or "trade Duncan" crap out of here.

lebomb
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I would replace Vaughn via trade or dumpage
I would start Mason to keep Ginobili's health up
I would start Udoka.....need more offense than Bruce can provide.

The rest seems OK. I still think the Spurs need to trade for a shooter.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
It's not enough to win a championship, but at this point our only hope is for a steal of a trade.

HarlemHeat37
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't say it's not enough for a title..just not favored..

it doesn't matter who we trade for or who we sign now..our season is going to depend on health, but more importantly, our role players..it's gonna be up to our 4 "rookies"..Hill, Ian, Tolliver and Gist..2-3 of those guys are gonna have to be decent role players..that's all we need IMO..

I trust Roger Mason to replace Finley and Barry's production..I trust Udoka-Bowen..we need another big though, so Ian will be key..his athleticism will be needed..same with Gist..

Hill will be key as well..

so IMO, our season depends on our young guys, and if they can help out Duncan-Manu-TP..

xtremesteven33
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
who here would trade up for Larry Hughes?

is his contract too big? it seems that Chicago has a plethora of guards already.

completely deck
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Hill will be key as well..

Hill doesn't have a contract, I thought.

MarCowMar
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
My guess is Manu will be too injured and/or tired to start, and that Hill will get a chance to prove himself as backup. Also Thomas over Oberto, but that could change based on matchups. Tolliver doesn't look like an NBA player. I wouldn't bet on Mahinmi doing anything this year but who knows.

PG: Parker/Hill/Vaughn
SG:Mason/Ginobili/Finley
SF: Bowen/Udoka/Finley|Gist
PF: Duncan/Mahinmi/Bonner|Gist
C: Thomas/Oberto

We might see Udoka moving into the starting lineup depending on how he progresses mentally and how Bruce's health is.

It still looks to me like the Spurs have one roster spot floating around. I honestly have no idea how they'll use it.

Sissiborgo
08-04-2008, 01:58 PM

is his contract too big? it seems that Chicago has a plethora of guards already.

Larry Hughes Sucks!

yavozerb
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Hughes is getting more $ than Manu, no thanks!!!!Hill has not signed a contract yet.

completely deck
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
My guess is Manu will be too injured and/or tired to start, and that Hill will get a chance to prove himself as backup. Also Thomas over Oberto, but that could change based on matchups. Tolliver doesn't look like an NBA player. I wouldn't bet on Mahinmi doing anything this year but who knows.

We might see Udoka moving into the starting lineup depending on how he progresses mentally and how Bruce's health is.

It still looks to me like the Spurs have one roster spot floating around. I honestly have no idea how they'll use it.

Tolliver has a $442,114 contract for 08-09 though.

Hill does not have a contract as of today.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 02:03 PM

He's making ~13M a year, we don't have enough to get him.

Sissiborgo
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
He's making ~13M a year, we don't have enough to get him.

And he Sucks!

Sissiborgo
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Hughes is getting more $ than Manu, no thanks!!!!Hill has not signed a contract yet.

When do we get Hill??

hater
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
We win the championship with Gist in the lineup.

Gist = MVP, Defensive Player of the year, Most Improved Player, Coach of the year, Commishioner of the Year, Sexiest Man Alive, etc, etc

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
As far as trade steals that the Spurs can get, they should try to scam the Bulls giving us Ben Gordon. Don't know how they can do it, but then again it's a trade steal.

bavarianworks
08-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Sign Mutumbo for the rest of the MLE

Trade KT/Bonner for Nocioni

Parker
Manu
Nocioni
Duncan
Mutumbo

^ finishing the game

yavozerb
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I thought about Gordon as well, but I have never been crazy about 6'2 SG in the NBA. The guy can score, but forget about any defense or boards.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Something like Bonner+s&t DerMarr or Finley(~$2M)+cash(3M) should get it done when looking at it from a scam view.

rj215
08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I thought about Gordon as well, but I have never been crazy about 6'2 SG in the NBA. The guy can score, but forget about any defense or boards.

He'd be instant offense off the bench but no chance we'd get him. More than likely we're gonna end up with Fin-dog. :rolleyes

angelbelow
08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
honestly i think on paper that thats a championship calibur team. i dont think were favorites but we can definitely contend no question.

Manufan909
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
I hope Mason, KT, and Ime start alonside Tim and Tony, and I hope Vaughn, Finley, annd Tolliver get all of the DNPs, but tolliver plays the most of those three. I know Hill and Gist haven't made the team yet, but I want both on the active roster.

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 02:53 PM
The Spurs need another shooter and more at the 3/4 spot.

Flux451
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I think that we have no idea at this point as to how the chemistry will work.
I am optimistic though. GIst defenitly needs to be signed. I can't believe Tolliver already has a contract and not Gist.
I am happier with our reserves more than last year too.

I think HIll at SG and Manu at point would be very fun to watch.
I have a feeling we will be seeing more alley oops this year.

Sissiborgo
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Sign Mutumbo for the rest of the MLE

Trade KT/Bonner for Nocioni

Parker
Manu
Nocioni
Duncan
Mutumbo

^ finishing the game

You stupit?

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM

Looking at this roster the Spurs have 3 spots left. At the 4, there is a guy in Tolliver that has barely sniffed an NBA court, and Bonner who could not get off the bench last year in favor of a hobbled Horry. So that would seem to be a necessary void to fill. That leaves 2 spots to fill in with 3 positions that have only 2 guys on the depth chart (although in small ball, some are interchangeable).

With this lineup, the point guard position looks serviceable. The shooting guard position looks solid. The 3 spot is sorely lacking a scorer and the 4 spot has very little experience. The 5 spot would require another back up.

Manufan909
08-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I am optimistic though. GIst defenitly needs to be signed. I can't believe Tolliver already has a contract and not Gist.

I'd rather have Hill completely replace Vaughn, and let Mason and Manu take over the 2. And I really hope Udoka starts.

What position does Nocioni play anyways? SF? Cuz I think Gist could back up Bruce and Ime on SF, leaving Tim with Tolliver and Bonner as PF backup. What I'd love to see for 08-09 would be:
Tony/Hill
Mason/Manu
Udoka/Bowen/Gist
Tim/Ian(is he more of a center of PF?)/Bonner or Tolliver
KT/Oberto
If that happens, there will be 3-4 new people on the roster on any one time, and Idk if Pop will be able to let them just figure it out. Maybe the first eight games could be a testing for all the new guys? At least they'll have the preseason games to prove themselves.

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 03:07 PM

The youth will be getting playing time and they will have their ups and downs. Patience and a sharp learning curve will be the key. Tolliver had to get a contract because the Spurs did not own his rights. If they did not offer him a contract, someone else could have and they would not of gotten a chance to look at him. Gist's rights are owned by the Spurs since they drafted him, hence he can be signed at any time. The Spurs only have 3 spots, so they are waiting to see what plays out before making their final decisions. I would not look for more alley oops either. Although there will be some younger players, I would look for these guys to get the lions share of minutes: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Kurt Thomas, Oberto, Mason, Udoka and Bowen with the young guys sprinkled in.

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
honestly i think on paper that thats a championship calibur team. i dont think were favorites but we can definitely contend no question.

That would be one of the worst championship rosters of all time, but it would show how amazing Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are. As long as we have those 3 and a serviceable supporting cast we will always be in contention.

Manufan909
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Man, I hope you're wrong. I'd love for Mahinmi, Hill, Tolliver, and Gist to average 14 minutes a game. Put them in the kitchen, and see if they can stand the heat. If not, KT, Oberto, Vaughn, and Ime/Bruce can get more minutes, but give the new peeps a chance Pop, PLEASE!!!

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Pop will play the young guys, but look at it like this: Vaughn played 15 mpg last year. Barry played 18 mpg. KT played 18 and Oberto played 20.

manufor3
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM

bruce will start

wisnub
08-04-2008, 03:39 PM

I agree....Oberto can suck cock, bring Mahinmi above him....or if he play as I expected he can even replace Thomas for starter

BlackBellamy
08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Tolliver has a $442,114 contract for 08-09 though.

Hill does not have a contract as of today.

I thought Tolliver looked like he could develop.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Oberto can suck cock,
Will you be available to give him lessons, douche?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Is it news to only me that Tolliver has a 2 year contract? I thought it was a 1 year.

loveforthegame
08-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Is this correct? If so, are you happy with it or what would you like to see changed? Please keep the irrational "trade Ginobili" or "trade Duncan" crap out of here.

It's not as bad as some make it out to be. I'll be happy if they sign Hill and Gist and resign Finley.

I don't see any trades (though I'd like to see Bonner go if Pop isn't going to play him) and no free agents (realistic options) left that are much better than Finley. Pop will give some of the young guys a chance but he'll lean on his vets too.

It really doesn't matter the look though because the championship hopes rest on the health of Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I could see the Spurs trying to make a trade along the way this year. Some other team is going to struggle and the Spurs will try to nab an expiring contract. I don't/can't see this being the group that we reach April with.

ceperez
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Hill doesn't have a contract, I thought.

I thought that if you took someone in the first round, you had to sign him and pay him according to a rookie scale. So I guess the Spurs have Hill under contract for all intents and purposes. Whether we play him or not is another question.

bavarianworks
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
You stupit?

How so? That's solid you idiot, Nocioni would go against Kobe and Mutumbo against Bynum, what's wrong with that?

mrspurs
08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I could see the Spurs trying to make a trade along the way this year. Some other team is going to struggle and the Spurs will try to nab an expiring contract. I don't/can't see this being the group that we reach April with.

agreed, noway the FO can think this current roster is going to far.......winning enough games to fill seats yes, winning the whole thing no

mrspurs
08-04-2008, 07:28 PM
How so? That's solid you idiot, Nocioni would go against Kobe and Mutumbo against Bynum, what's wrong with that?

hey bav. dont let that sissi nick get on your nerves just put that kid on ignore, he is nothing but a child who loves trying to get under adults skin....just some advice go spurs go