PDA

View Full Version : Weekend trips near S.A.?

LuvBones
08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I have a long weekend coming up and wanted to go to a nice place to relax with my bf. Any recommendations on places nearby? Preferably around some water, like a lake or river.. no Corpus/Port A/Rock port area please. Thanks! :)

Richard Cranium
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
You are more than welcome to hang out at my place this weekend. Big bed, open bar, stocked kitchen, in the hill country...I'll leave the light on for you.

Just leave the BF at home.

TheTruth
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Kerrville

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Fredericksburg

tlongII
08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Your bf is a lucky man! :tu

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Even luckier if it rains and you want to stay inside.

LuvBones
08-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok what's in Kerville/Fredericksburg??

JoeChalupa
08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Fredericksburg has a very nice downtown that has some really neat shops and stores that sell all kinds of stuff. We enjoyed just parking the car and walking the streets and the people were very friendly and we found a great bakery with fresh made bread. it was just a very peaceful experience. Also went to the wild flower farm and a winery that was nice. Just a nice get-a-way. There are plenty of nice B&B to choose from too.

http://www.fredericksburg-lodging.com/

bendmz
08-04-2008, 08:10 PM
There's a river in Laredo and you can sit and watch all the mojos swim across..........:lmao

Sunshine
08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Depending on what you want to do, there are several options really close to SA. Fredericksburg is great for antiquing and they have some really quaint Bed n Breakfasts. Wimberley has a lot of shops and on the first Saturday of the month, they have Market Day where vendors set up and sell their wares, you can buy fresh, locally grown produce...it's pretty cool.

Austin is also a good weekend getaway. It's close, they have a great nightlife and music scene, you can swim at Barton Springs or take a tour of the capital.

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Depending on what you want to do, there are several options really close to SA. Fredericksburg is great for antiquing and they have some really quaint Bed n Breakfasts. Wimberley has a lot of shops and on the first Saturday of the month, they have Market Day where vendors set up and sell their wares, you can buy fresh, locally grown produce...it's pretty cool.

Wife and I were there last month. Stayed at a B&B and loved it. We were not by the water but it was a cool place to get away to for a little while

mrsmaalox
08-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Have you ever been to Marble Falls? I've been spending quite a bit of time there in the last year or so and it's a pretty nice little place. It's a short drive, about an hour, and there are tons of antique/junk shops, produce stands along the way. You go thru Blanco and Johnson City where there are always weekend flea markets and church bazaars happening. Anyway Marble Falls is built right on the Colorado river and has some hotels, b andb's, and restaurants that look overthe water. You can drive about 10 minutes out to Lake LBJ. Also you can make a little side trip to the Wildseed Farm, which specializes in wildflower seeds. I always used mail order from them, so being able to actually go there is a big treat.

MoSpur
08-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Lake Travis is nice. Blanco State Park. Blue Hole in Wimberly, TX. There is always Canyon Lake.

I. Hustle
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Have you ever been to Marble Falls? I've been spending quite a bit of time there in the last year or so and it's a pretty nice little place. It's a short drive, about an hour, and there are tons of antique/junk shops, produce stands along the way. You go thru Blanco and Johnson City where there are always weekend flea markets and church bazaars happening. Anyway Marble Falls is built right on the Colorado river and has some hotels, b andb's, and restaurants that look overthe water. You can drive about 10 minutes out to Lake LBJ. Also you can make a little side trip to the Wildseed Farm, which specializes in wildflower seeds. I always used mail order from them, so being able to actually go there is a big treat.

:tu nice little town

TwAnKiEs
08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
If you make your way to Fredricksburg I suggest going to Echanted Rock.... nice place if you never been.:toast

CharlieMac
08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, stay at Annette's Cottage in Frederickburg. That is a great place to stay. Dinner is great at the Cotton Gin. If that's filled up, stay at the Fredericksburg Inn. You need to book now though, it fills up quickly.

fatsack
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Concan is nice ... the Frio River is a great place to relax.

ATRAIN
08-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I have a long weekend coming up and wanted to go to a nice place to relax with my bf. Any recommendations on places nearby? Preferably around some water, like a lake or river.. no Corpus/Port A/Rock port area please. Thanks! :)

I would give some pointers but I have to save something for when I take you out :).

LuvBones
08-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm definitely going to look more into it. :)

Ocotillo
08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
If you make your way to Fredricksburg I suggest going to Echanted Rock.... nice place if you never been.:toast

Hold off on Enchanted Rock until the weather cools down. You could probably fry an egg on the dome this time of year.

Cupid
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll be rootin' for ya!

gay abc
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
http://www.foxfirecabins.com/;)

BacktoBasics
08-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Playing pretend "house" for the weekend should be a wonderful learning experience.

LuvBones
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I'll be rootin' for ya!

Thanks Cupid. :)