PDA

View Full Version : The Coyote's been kidnapped

pad300
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
http://hardwoodparoxysm.blogspot.com/2008/08/joker-kidnaps-lamest-victim-ever.html

Quick, someone call Batman...

tp2021
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
heh

CubanMustGo
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Screw that - someone call in an acting coach.

And a stylist to fix that excuse for a hairdo.

SAtown
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
That was terrible.

Sissiborgo
08-05-2008, 07:40 AM
that's lame:lmao

mrspurs
08-05-2008, 07:57 AM
hahaha i dont what was said, cos everyone on this thread is on my ignore list....is this a cub scout invitation?

SenorSpur
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Holy Grand theft larceny!

anakha
08-05-2008, 08:32 AM
everyone on this thread is on my ignore list

This must be like Tacker's shitlist now. :lol

Taco
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
THIS KIND OF BACK FIRED ON THEM THEY SENT OUT AS A PROMO TO LOCAL TV AND RADION STATIONS A CAKE WITH A TELEPHONE # TO CALL WRITTEN IN FROSTING AND IF YOU CALLED THE NUMBER THE TELEPHONE RECORDING WAS SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES "IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THE COYOTE AGAIN, COME SEE THE BATMAN MOVIE"

ANYHOW THE CAKE ARRIVED WITH SEVERAL WIRES STICKING OUT AND A FEW STATIONS ACTUALLY CALLED THE BOMB SQUAD :lmao.

http://promomagazine.com/othertactics/news/batman_promo_bomb_squad_cake_0718/

http://promomagazine.com/othertactics/news/07-17-08-Batman-bomb-cake16891620_240X200.jpg

Batman Promo Prompts Calls to Bomb Squad

The new Batman movie “The Dark Knight,” opening today, is expected to be a global blockbuster. But a local guerilla promotion by a San Antonio theater chain threatened to turn that Hollywood cliché into a literal bomb.

To generate regional publicity for the film, the Santikos Theater chain mailed out cakes studded with wires and iced with a phone number and the message “Call Me” to 25 local TV, radio and newspaper outlets. The cakes had cell phones baked inside, along with promotional materials for the film.

When users dialed the number iced onto the cake, they were to receive a text message instructing them to come to one of the Santikos theaters premiering “The Dark Knight.”

The campaign was very similar to one used by the film’s studio Warner Brothers last fall to create buzz around the movie. But the staff at KENS TV5 didn’t make the connection and instead evacuated their studios for an hour or so after calling the police, the fire department and the bomb squad.

“I noticed it was in an unmarked box,” KENS assignment manager Sue Calberg told the press. “It was really dirty. The outside of the box had icing all over it. And the cake wasn’t a professional looking cake.”

The cakes were intended to be accompanied by an e-mail and video footage describing the purported kidnapping of the coyote mascot for the San Antonio Spurs basketball team. It was unclear at press time whether those additional materials had also reached the staff at KENS 5 TV.

Once the cake was investigated and the campaign’s intent uncovered, the San Antonio Fire Department’s arson bureau decided not to file charges against the theater chain, and employees were allowed back into the building.

“The intent was not to harm or cause an alarm,” SAFD Lt. Joe Rios was quoted as saying. “It just went bad on them.”

The cake “was intended to look like something the Joker would have sent,” Santikos spokeswoman Meghan Vincent told the press. “In this version of ‘The Dark Knight,’ the Joker is a very sinister fellow. So it was intended to look sinister.”

The Santikos chain also went so far as to spray graffiti on the theater that will begin showing “The Dark Knight” in San Antonio, scribbling “Why So Serious?”—a catchphrase of the Joker, played in the movie by the late Heath Ledger.

The staff at KENS 5 TV came in for some ribbing from other local media outlets that were quicker to pick up on the promotional nature of the cakes. The San Antonio Current, a free newsweekly, said in its online blog that it had also received a wired cake.

“Did we panic?” editor Ashley Lindstrom asked in a blog post. “No…We were wondering why we hadn’t gotten one sooner, truth be told. We’ve been reading about this sort of thing happening in other cities since before Christmas.”

The moral of the story, Lindstrom suggested, might be that “it’s always handy to have a 25-year-old fanboy or girl around to prevent the needless dispatch of law-enforcement officials.”

In February 2007, electronic lightboxes placed around Boston to promote a movie based on the “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” characters ran into the same generational gap when subway workers reported finding one of the devices under an overpass in Charlestown, Mass.

That case resulting in arrest charges against two local artists involved in placing the devices and a $2 million settlement with Turner Broadcasting, which owns the late-night Adult Swim animated channel that airs the ATHF series.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
THIS KIND OF BACK FIRED ON THEM THEY SENT OUT AS A PROMO TO LOCAL TV AND RADION STATIONS A CAKE WITH A TELEPHONE # TO CALL WRITTEN IN FROSTING AND IF YOU CALLED THE NUMBER THE TELEPHONE RECORDING WAS SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES "IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THE COYOTE AGAIN, COME SEE THE BATMAN MOVIE"

ANYHOW THE CAKE ARRIVED WITH SEVERAL WIRES STICKING OUT AND A FEW STATIONS ACTUALLY CALLED THE BOMB SQUAD :lmao.

http://promomagazine.com/othertactics/news/batman_promo_bomb_squad_cake_0718/

http://promomagazine.com/othertactics/news/07-17-08-Batman-bomb-cake16891620_240X200.jpg

Batman Promo Prompts Calls to Bomb Squad

The new Batman movie “The Dark Knight,” opening today, is expected to be a global blockbuster. But a local guerilla promotion by a San Antonio theater chain threatened to turn that Hollywood cliché into a literal bomb.

To generate regional publicity for the film, the Santikos Theater chain mailed out cakes studded with wires and iced with a phone number and the message “Call Me” to 25 local TV, radio and newspaper outlets. The cakes had cell phones baked inside, along with promotional materials for the film.

When users dialed the number iced onto the cake, they were to receive a text message instructing them to come to one of the Santikos theaters premiering “The Dark Knight.”

The campaign was very similar to one used by the film’s studio Warner Brothers last fall to create buzz around the movie. But the staff at KENS TV5 didn’t make the connection and instead evacuated their studios for an hour or so after calling the police, the fire department and the bomb squad.

“I noticed it was in an unmarked box,” KENS assignment manager Sue Calberg told the press. “It was really dirty. The outside of the box had icing all over it. And the cake wasn’t a professional looking cake.”

The cakes were intended to be accompanied by an e-mail and video footage describing the purported kidnapping of the coyote mascot for the San Antonio Spurs basketball team. It was unclear at press time whether those additional materials had also reached the staff at KENS 5 TV.

Once the cake was investigated and the campaign’s intent uncovered, the San Antonio Fire Department’s arson bureau decided not to file charges against the theater chain, and employees were allowed back into the building.

“The intent was not to harm or cause an alarm,” SAFD Lt. Joe Rios was quoted as saying. “It just went bad on them.”

The cake “was intended to look like something the Joker would have sent,” Santikos spokeswoman Meghan Vincent told the press. “In this version of ‘The Dark Knight,’ the Joker is a very sinister fellow. So it was intended to look sinister.”

The Santikos chain also went so far as to spray graffiti on the theater that will begin showing “The Dark Knight” in San Antonio, scribbling “Why So Serious?”—a catchphrase of the Joker, played in the movie by the late Heath Ledger.

The staff at KENS 5 TV came in for some ribbing from other local media outlets that were quicker to pick up on the promotional nature of the cakes. The San Antonio Current, a free newsweekly, said in its online blog that it had also received a wired cake.

“Did we panic?” editor Ashley Lindstrom asked in a blog post. “No…We were wondering why we hadn’t gotten one sooner, truth be told. We’ve been reading about this sort of thing happening in other cities since before Christmas.”

The moral of the story, Lindstrom suggested, might be that “it’s always handy to have a 25-year-old fanboy or girl around to prevent the needless dispatch of law-enforcement officials.”

In February 2007, electronic lightboxes placed around Boston to promote a movie based on the “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” characters ran into the same generational gap when subway workers reported finding one of the devices under an overpass in Charlestown, Mass.

That case resulting in arrest charges against two local artists involved in placing the devices and a $2 million settlement with Turner Broadcasting, which owns the late-night Adult Swim animated channel that airs the ATHF series.

WTF! They're using my photo.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
hahaha i dont what was said, cos everyone on this thread is on my ignore list....is this a cub scout invitation?

Fuckin idiot expects a response when he just he blocked everyone in here. :lol

Taco
08-05-2008, 10:51 AM
WTF! They're using my photo.

GO SUE THEIR ASS !!!

Sissiborgo
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
haha

nil.ball
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks god, you finally got rid of that lame mascot, now it's time to find a new one!

Trainwreck2100
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks god, you finally got rid of that lame mascot, now it's time to find a new one!

Your team uses a giant inflatable bear.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Your team uses a giant inflatable bear.

:lol

Taco
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM

DEAR ROCKET FAN PLEASE TELL YOUR MASCOT TO QUIT RUNNING ON THE FLOOR DURING THE GAME :lol

wisnub
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I dont fuckin care...WHY SO SERIOUS???

LocosPorJuana
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
I thought the frenchie would be behind the kidnapping to surprise longoria again. =/

Spurtacus
08-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I want my 30 seconds back.