PDA

View Full Version : ST.com racing

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Its always been my dream to have the time/finances for a car and and i finally got one.And its fast. Sat night we went to the races at south texas speedway for fun and before the feature they interviewed the drivers on the track. Well the dude in the "hammerhead construction #9" listed his sponsors and then reminded us in the crowd that the car was for sale.My brother and i perked up a little and decided we'd watch and see how the car did. The guy started in the 6th position and after 18 of the 25 laps he was spun into the infield by a car that was a lap down. He restarted in 8th position and in 7 laps managed to get back to, and finish, 2nd. the post race tech inspection later revealed that when he was spun out it knocked off one of the vaccum hoses on the carb and the guy confirmed it talkin bout how he didnt have as much power for the last 7 laps. He coulda shoulda won. A woman won the race.
After the race its free to get into the pits so we found the car at the post race inspection and the driver pointed us towards the car owners pit so we met him there. The car owner was the owner of hammerhead construction and his team is well known at the track. Anyhoo we talked and decided we wanted the car so sunday (thank god ibc does 7 day banking) we met him and followed him out to his house and did the deal. Him and one of his buddies told us most everything we need to know about getting started and really couldnt have been more helpfull.we took lots of notes and the guy even threw in an extra tranny and fuel cell, that was never mentioned in the deal previously. He even offered to let us borrow his car hauler for the week. Instead he sold us one of his for the incredible price of $300. we couldnt believe it . Apparantly we can park next to his "group" in the pits as well for tools/advice/avoidance of ass whoopin. So we got the car on the trailer and hauled it home.
like i said before, the car is a bomber (starter class) and i'll be racin' on a 1/4 mile dirt track. We have not yet painted it with my business logo but will be getting it done soon.l'll probably race sat. the way it is. But when i do im thinkin silver/black.Its an automatic 3 spd 80-something cutlass with a 350. I got to drive it some out at his property and of course cruised it through the neighborhood a couple times.it goes, i can tell ya that. if you wanna see the car how it is now, check it out at www.myspace.com/qcr. but just know that it'll look much better after i paint it. which brings me to the point of the thread. I sent kori a pm last night asking if i could possibly put the ST.com logo on the car. She was very nice about it and said it would be ok(thanks again kori).So if anyone wants to be a part of the team in any way let me know. It is down here in Corpus Christi TX and if you ever wanna come down and watch the spurstalk car go round and round on a dirt track hit me up and you can sit with my fam and friends. its 10 bucks gen admission or 25 to get a pit pass and watch from the pit bleachers. Its alot of fun (for me at least) Any other track info you can get at Southtexasspeedway.com.
Any advice,input or help would be cool. def accepting sponsorships from fam and friends. Also if you have a design idea in mind for the car/logo that you think would look good let me know. Thats it , i couldnt be more excited right now.

oh, and still sober. 5+ weeks now.
Go Spurs
:lobt2:

I. Hustle
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Your dog isn't sober

AlamoSpursFan
08-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I'll betcha the lovely and talented Dawn Murphy would love to have you call in with this story on next Saturday's Track Smack on ESPN 1250 The Zone from 8-10 am. She's all about local racing. Maybe that Frito Joe dork will even be awake and call in this week...

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I'll betcha the lovely and talented Dawn Murphy would love to have you call in with this story on next Saturday's Track Smack on ESPN 1250 The Zone from 8-10 am. She's all about local racing. Maybe that Frito Joe dork will even be awake and call in this week...

you got the number

AlamoSpursFan
08-05-2008, 12:49 AM
210-656-3776

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-08-2008, 03:55 PM
my first race is tomorrow night at south texas speedway in corpus christi tx.i will post a vid of the race late sat night or sunday.

08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
my first race is tomorrow night at south texas speedway in corpus christi tx.i will post a vid of the race late sat night or sunday.

Is that the track off Flato?

BacktoBasics
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Its a shame we don't have a normal quarter mile track here in Corpus. This a great racing city with a real appreciation for classic cars and performance vehicles. Good luck with your race.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Is that the track off Flato?
no thats CC speedway. this one is the dirt track off of old brownsville rd. not far from CC at all.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Its a shame we don't have a normal quarter mile track here in Corpus. This a great racing city with a real appreciation for classic cars and performance vehicles. Good luck with your race.

thanks alot

PakiDan
08-08-2008, 04:38 PM
That's really cool man!! I'll definately plan on going down and seeing one of your races.

AlamoSpursFan
08-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Don't forget, 8-10 am tomorrow... Dawn loves talking to local racers on the show.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
That's really cool man!! I'll definately plan on going down and seeing one of your races.
that would be fun def would like to meet you

Don't forget, 8-10 am tomorrow... Dawn loves talking to local racers on the show.

im gonna try my damndest to be up at 8

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-09-2008, 01:42 AM
i just painted on the ST logo. its drying and when i take off the stencil, will post a pic

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-09-2008, 04:18 PM
time for me to go race, but i took pics before i go mess up my car
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/back.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/angle.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/closeup.jpg
wish me luck !

ShoogarBear
08-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't know jack shit about racing, but if you're going to race in that . . . good luck! :lol

ShoogarBear
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Are timvp and Kori paying you?

marini martini
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Is it a demolition derby?????:wow

Good Luck!!!:toast

PakiDan
08-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Dude, good luck roaming the post-apocalyptic Australian Outback searching for gas and food.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-10-2008, 12:57 AM
well i started in 9th in my heat,got 5th
started on the outside row in 10th position in my feature and out of 16 cars i got

4th!!!!! first race of my life and i got 4th
i dont want to make excuses, but if you ask anyone in the stands tonight, they'd tell you if i would have had one more lap i could have won. i virtualy finished second, but because of a caution flag on the last lap, they bumped me back to 4th
i had the time of my life and even got paid $70 for 4th place

next week i will be more agressive in my heat and hopefully start the feature in the top 5. then go for a trophy. time for some Sharps! thats it, had a blast

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
full video of my heat and feature is in the works

marini martini
08-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Let us know, when you race in, or close to S.A.!!!!

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Are timvp and Kori paying you?
no they not payin me. i feel lucky to get to use the logo. im proud of it

Let us know, when you race in, or close to S.A.!!!!

i will let you know. there is I-37 speedway just south of SA and am thinkin of running there the next time the bombers have an off weekend at STS

after reviewing the tape, i really should have been second. you'll see what i mean when i post the vid. under green, white flag drops and i pass two cars on the backstretch. :wow oh well. ill get em next week

bigzak25
08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
you bitches don't want none of trigger...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/BigZakRocha/trigger.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-10-2008, 02:21 AM
damn bigzak trigger would make a badass bomber
gut her out and slap a cage in her. let her be free

bigzak25
08-10-2008, 02:29 AM
damn bigzak trigger would make a badass bomber
gut her out and slap a cage in her. let her be free

i can do that, but i gotta stop the latest oil leak first brah!

bigzak25
08-10-2008, 02:29 AM
it is da daily driver afterall...

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-11-2008, 03:40 AM
i have pics and video of my race
if anybody wants to watch it - www.myspace.com/qcr

timvp
08-11-2008, 03:57 AM
That's pretty damn cool. Props on living a dream :tu

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-11-2008, 04:20 AM
That's pretty damn cool. Props on living a dream :tu

thanks man. between quitting drinking and now gettin to race. shhh life is good.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-15-2008, 12:53 AM
anyone got advice/ideas on how to install a freeze plug w/o taking the engine out?
i got the old one out no prob but dont have a whole lot of room to swing a hammer at the new one

marini martini
08-15-2008, 01:05 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff231/marini-martini/BARBARAEDENJEANNIELOGO.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-15-2008, 01:09 AM
thats funny and true
i would be be laughing more if i wasnt so frustrated

marini martini
08-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh, BTW. That was an awesome vid of your race. Proud of you!

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Oh, BTW. That was an awesome vid of your race. Proud of you!

thanks. if i can get this damn freeze plug back in, i want to be more aggressive in my heat race. hopefully start the feature in the top 5 and go from there.

dirk4mvp
08-15-2008, 01:18 AM

This might be a weird ass question, but did you ever know anyone in Corpus named Cecil?

marini martini
08-15-2008, 01:23 AM
This might be a weird ass question, but did you ever know anyone in Corpus named Cecil?

Why is that B2B's real name???:wow:spless::wow

:lmao

Taco
08-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Its always been my dream to have the time/finances for a car and and i finally got one.And its fast. Sat night we went to the races at south texas speedway for fun and before the feature they interviewed the drivers on the track. Well the dude in the "hammerhead construction #9" listed his sponsors and then reminded us in the crowd that the car was for sale.My brother and i perked up a little and decided we'd watch and see how the car did. The guy started in the 6th position and after 18 of the 25 laps he was spun into the infield by a car that was a lap down. He restarted in 8th position and in 7 laps managed to get back to, and finish, 2nd. the post race tech inspection later revealed that when he was spun out it knocked off one of the vaccum hoses on the carb and the guy confirmed it talkin bout how he didnt have as much power for the last 7 laps. He coulda shoulda won. A woman won the race.
After the race its free to get into the pits so we found the car at the post race inspection and the driver pointed us towards the car owners pit so we met him there. The car owner was the owner of hammerhead construction and his team is well known at the track. Anyhoo we talked and decided we wanted the car so sunday (thank god ibc does 7 day banking) we met him and followed him out to his house and did the deal. Him and one of his buddies told us most everything we need to know about getting started and really couldnt have been more helpfull.we took lots of notes and the guy even threw in an extra tranny and fuel cell, that was never mentioned in the deal previously. He even offered to let us borrow his car hauler for the week. Instead he sold us one of his for the incredible price of $300. we couldnt believe it . Apparantly we can park next to his "group" in the pits as well for tools/advice/avoidance of ass whoopin. So we got the car on the trailer and hauled it home.
like i said before, the car is a bomber (starter class) and i'll be racin' on a 1/4 mile dirt track. We have not yet painted it with my business logo but will be getting it done soon.l'll probably race sat. the way it is. But when i do im thinkin silver/black.Its an automatic 3 spd 80-something cutlass with a 350. I got to drive it some out at his property and of course cruised it through the neighborhood a couple times.it goes, i can tell ya that. if you wanna see the car how it is now, check it out at www.myspace.com/qcr. but just know that it'll look much better after i paint it. which brings me to the point of the thread. I sent kori a pm last night asking if i could possibly put the ST.com logo on the car. She was very nice about it and said it would be ok(thanks again kori).So if anyone wants to be a part of the team in any way let me know. It is down here in Corpus Christi TX and if you ever wanna come down and watch the spurstalk car go round and round on a dirt track hit me up and you can sit with my fam and friends. its 10 bucks gen admission or 25 to get a pit pass and watch from the pit bleachers. Its alot of fun (for me at least) Any other track info you can get at Southtexasspeedway.com.
Any advice,input or help would be cool. def accepting sponsorships from fam and friends. Also if you have a design idea in mind for the car/logo that you think would look good let me know. Thats it , i couldnt be more excited right now.

oh, and still sober. 5+ weeks now.
Go Spurs
:lobt2:

Cool ! :tu

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
anyone have any experience with expansion freeze plugs?

Man Mountain
08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
anyone got advice/ideas on how to install a freeze plug w/o taking the engine out?
i got the old one out no prob but dont have a whole lot of room to swing a hammer at the new onePut some sealant on that bad boy and then use a seal driver. You prob can finish it off with a hammer once it gets most of the way in.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Put some sealant on that bad boy and then use a seal driver. You prob can finish it off with a hammer once it gets most of the way in.

i ended up putting in an expansion plug
hope i dont blow it out tom night

BacktoBasics
08-16-2008, 09:58 AM
You beat me to it. I hadn't read this thread but I was going to suggest what you did.

My name is not Cecil.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-16-2008, 05:03 PM
time to go race

marini martini
08-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Good luck:toast

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-17-2008, 06:15 PM
well last night was bitter sweet . i won my heat race in stunning fashion. its the first video on the front page of www.myspace.com/qcr. gotta watch the whole race, i gottem' on the final turn on the last lap.felt good to see the checkered.
in the feature i started 8th and finished 5th. that vid will be up soon. i got to 5th from 8th and then got punted into the infield. i recovered ,but by the time i got back into turn 1 i was in last. took the rest of the race to get back to 5th. the track was super slick,its been rainin' in corpus for the last 3,4 days. i loosened up my trans linkage pretty good but should be able to get it ready by sat if its not rained out.anyway, im headed back to SA with the car for the week. if anyone wants to lend their knowledge of transmission linkage, feel free.

dawn
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Awesome job...

Dude, totally call in anytime and lets chat...

and PLEASE let me know if you race I-37. I LOVE that track and have been for a few laps around it...AWESOME little dirt track...

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Awesome job...

Dude, totally call in anytime and lets chat...

and PLEASE let me know if you race I-37. I LOVE that track and have been for a few laps around it...AWESOME little dirt track...

ive got the number saved in my phone but is between 8&10 am the only time of the show?

Taco
08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
NOW it's a SpursTalk.com Car :lol

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2836/spurstalkcarlk2.jpg

dawn
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
ive got the number saved in my phone but is between 8&10 am the only time of the show?

Yes... Every Saturday Morning and I usually try and talk local racing between 9:15 and 9:45.

BacktoBasics
08-19-2008, 11:57 AM
anyone wanna put those videos up somewhere else I can get on myspace here at the office.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM

yeah thats what im talkin bout

remingtonbo2001
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Congrats on living your dream HighLow.

:toast Here's to your future victory lap.

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Congrats on living your dream HighLow.

:toast Here's to your future victory lap.

thanks bo
a while back you had a garage sale thread and i noticed you live right around the corner from me. if you ever wanna come check out the car ,hit me up

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-21-2008, 10:09 PM

would anyone donate $$ to have their username or avatar on the car? say, $5 ?

marini martini
08-22-2008, 10:59 PM
would anyone donate $$ to have their username or avatar on the car? say, $5 ?

Hey HighLow, count me in!!! And thanks Taco, for putting my Avi. on this sooped up winah!:toastlol:lmao

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Yes... Every Saturday Morning and I usually try and talk local racing between 9:15 and 9:45.
i wanted to call in today, but couldnt get free from work. count on a call next sat at 9 15 am

Hey HighLow, count me in!!! And thanks Taco, for putting my Avi. on this sooped up winah!:toastlol:lmao

snap , i just saw your reply marini. thank you. i got the car loaded and am headed down to corpus in an hour er so. since you have been supporting me we wont worry about the measly $5. what i do need to know though, is what you want on the car. i wanna have your name/avatar or both on the car before tomorrows race ( labor day weekend blowout so we race on sunday this weekend. last weekend rained out) maybe your username and a martini glass? IDK but think of somethin before about midnight tonight so i can get it on there. i have a good feelin bout tomorrow night !

thanks again marini. i was excited about meeting you guys friday night, but didnt know if i would be able to make it and i wasnt. boo, next time though

marini martini
08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
i wanted to call in today, but couldnt get free from work. count on a call next sat at 9 15 am

snap , i just saw your reply marini. thank you. i got the car loaded and am headed down to corpus in an hour er so. since you have been supporting me we wont worry about the measly $5. what i do need to know though, is what you want on the car. i wanna have your name/avatar or both on the car before tomorrows race ( labor day weekend blowout so we race on sunday this weekend. last weekend rained out) maybe your username and a martini glass? IDK but think of somethin before about midnight tonight so i can get it on there. i have a good feelin bout tomorrow night !

thanks again marini. i was excited about meeting you guys friday night, but didnt know if i would be able to make it and i wasnt. boo, next time though
Yeah, I was wondering where you were? Missed you.

Go ahead & put my screen name & avitar, that would be so cool. I wish more people would jump on this bandwagon. I'm sure they will, as soon as you win:rolleyes Good luck to you tomorrow. I have a good feeling about your race too! Dam, can't wait till we can all go watch you some time.:clap

AlamoSpursFan
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM

Actually, the show just changed times from 8-10 am to 10-Noon.

If you call in at 9:15, you'll be on hold for a while!

:lol

And you can listen online now... http://www.1250thezone.com

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-31-2008, 06:21 PM
posting from the pits tonight as long as my battery will let me
car is good to go. marini, sorry i didnt get your graphics on the car yet but will def have it done by next weekend
weather is good here, track will be smooth and slick from what i hear
some people askin bout ST.com , of course im representin'
so driver meeting in a few, then hot laps. followed by 10 lap heat and last the 25 lap feature event
wish me luck!

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
i won my heat from 5th place
dont know how far back 2nd was, but lapped 2 cars on a 10 lap heat
we shall see about the feature

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-01-2008, 12:56 AM
well another top 5
i started the feature in 8th, made it to 3rd or 4th and then decided i would spin myself out coming out of 2 . i didnt go all the way around, but enough to where i was facing the infield and my car stalled. they called caution , i went to the end of the line and with six laps left drove the wheels off to get back to 4th. i pissed off one guy by denting his car:lmao im thinkin "this is the bomber class" but respectfully appoligised. i am the rookie after all. the vid will be up on that ms page soon. my brother dropped the ball on videoing my heat. he didnt even see it. i dont know if the other drivers were not goin 100% er what, but i was flyin around that track. next year on i will be in the points race so winning these heats will start me at the front instead of 8th. now i will be taking questions :lol good times , still got the top 5 streak goin

remingtonbo2001
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Congrats on the top 5 finish.

I'll gladly pitch in to have my name on the car.

PakiDan
09-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I love my Av on the car! I will donate some bucks to have my spot on your car.

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Congrats on the top 5 finish.

I'll gladly pitch in to have my name on the car.

I love my Av on the car! I will donate some bucks to have my spot on your car.

thanks bo, i really thought me spinning out was gonna cost me my top 5 streak
looks like we need to have a mini-gtg for race fans
IDK what yall's schedules are like, but i should be back in SA by this weekend. we could meet up for an O'dules somewhere or just have a "work on the racecar night" at my place. also, IDK if it would be better to have decals made, or do what ive been doing which is tape the car,draw it out then cut it out, then paint, then tear off the tape. First i was thinking of having the names near the ST.com logo, but then i saw what Taco did and am leaning towards pure randomness. Marini, did you have a place in mind for yours?

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
if we could find someone that does decals, we could freakin make a mini screenshot of the posters info. whatever that little box is called. the username,title,av, position post count ect. ect.. that would be sick

remingtonbo2001
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
thanks bo, i really thought me spinning out was gonna cost me my top 5 streak
looks like we need to have a mini-gtg for race fans
IDK what yall's schedules are like, but i should be back in SA by this weekend. we could meet up for an O'dules somewhere or just have a "work on the racecar night" at my place. also, IDK if it would be better to have decals made, or do what ive been doing which is tape the car,draw it out then cut it out, then paint, then tear off the tape. First i was thinking of having the names near the ST.com logo, but then i saw what Taco did and am leaning towards pure randomness. Marini, did you have a place in mind for yours?

:tu Sounds like a plan. Just give me a time and date.

marini martini
09-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I like mine where it's at H.L. If that doesn't work, then on the front or back hood.
I'm ready for a mini GTG. Let me know!

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-06-2008, 02:41 PM
no racing this weekend. i guess they thought gustav coulda turned our way cause they canceled it last friday. racing resumes saturday sept 13th. Im thinkin we should have a ST.com night at the races. Corpus aint all that far...

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
So, we should be racing this weekend. The schedule on the website has been updated and it says all classes will be racing heats and features. classes include-

outlaw modifieds
IMCA Sports mods
hobby stock
pure stock
bomber stock
and go karts!
South Texas Speedway CC TX basically @ saratoga & old brownsville rd.
gen admission $10, pit pass $25 , kids 10 and under free
gates open at 6pm saturday sept 20th races start at 7:30
they serve all kinds of food,drinks, beer ect

gonna be a great time i cant wait till the first time a poster from ST can make it!

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-19-2008, 10:18 PM
got the car ready to race
time to go get a trophy

Cry Havoc
09-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Win one for us, HLLFB50!

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-21-2008, 03:16 AM
tonight went well although the top 5 streak is over. i finished 6th. im kinda dissapointed but had a ton of fun and learned alot. i cant say enough about the circle of people ive been able to team up with. everyone is there for everyone and even myself and the people who come along with me are able to contribute. whatever it takes, all the cars on my team run. todd, one of the drivers, had a great 3rd place finish after almost not having his car ready to run. he drives a sportsmod and so does another driver on the team that could have won the same race but had a distributor failure and didnt finish. there were lots of people this week after the rainouts the last two weeks. i dont want to make excuses but 3 things threw me off tonight. first off the infield barriers were pushed waaaayyy out tonight making for a smaller track. that took a little getting used to and on top of that i was trying to tell myself not to run at the bottom again this week, as not to look like a maniac and/or spinout. so i was freakin runnin way high at the beginning of the heat (finished 4th) and then caught on midway through. Second thing was that i was all excited about starting in seventh after getting 4th in the heat, when ive won two heats and started 8th in both. so i think im starting in the fourth row,inside, but when we get on the track the owner lines us up 4 WIDE at the beginning of turn one! and i was on the OUTSIDE ! i was thinkin wtf, whats going on? driver intros? then i see the other drivers starting to peel out, all power breakin it n sh. and then all of the sudden they took off and it was on. i thought it was funny and apperently so does the owner whom i heard just kinda messes with the bombers from time to time. im sure the crowd loved it. third thing was a couple people were tellin me my shoes(tires) are terrible. and it showed in my driving. not that i was driving bad, i just had a bad push in both corners 2 and 4 cause my right front is totally bald on the outside.the front right tire needs grip(especially on the outside) to grab, and let the loose back-end come around. and then obviously when you straighten out you need grab in the back to take off. so im gonna get some new "used" tires this week and go get em' next saturday. so thats the short story , there was alot of fun had tonight and i ran a clean race. good times

TDMVPDPOY
09-21-2008, 06:07 AM
throw a turbo with nos kit man.....

hey paul walker? hahaha

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-10-2008, 07:57 PM
ive got some news about the car and looks like i'll get to run tomorrow night but the main thing is that i bought full-sheet decal paper an am just going to copy the user profile box of who ever wants me to. that would be names,title avatar posotion team BB vbookie post count and spurs for those that have them. and the on/off line light too. so im gonna assume that marini and bo want theirs done and need to know who else wants to be on there. so- paki,BTB,timvp,kori,taco,bigzack,shoog,1369,ASF ? dont want money, just permission.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-10-2008, 07:58 PM
cryhavok? tdmvpdpoy ? dawn?

marini martini
10-10-2008, 09:07 PM
As for me, you're assuming right H.L.! Thanks! M.M.

And Good Luck tomorrow!!!:lobt:

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
As for me, you're assuming right H.L.! Thanks! M.M.

And Good Luck tomorrow!!!:lobt:

thanks im workin on yours right now

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
um, having a little trouble here. anybody know how to copy and print this stuff?mouse?

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
headed to the track. feels like forever since ive raced. i finally figured out how to get avatars and stuff printed and naturally my color cartridge was out. so i'll get a new one and have it done for next week.

marini martini
10-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Good luck H.L.!!! Can't wait to hear how you did!!!!!!

Win it for S.T,

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
long story short- car was badass, didnt win the heat but was really fast (except the 5 laps stuck behind slow cars) and so in the feature i was supposed to start 3rd(inside row second position) but of course when we got out there the owner wanted to do somethin crazy again. he lined us up four wide (put me 3rd but i was outside of 1st and 2nd on first row) again but this time a rolling start. so i got to the inside as fast as i could and by lap 2 was in second. ran three laps in second and was thinkin "damn this is the shit im gonna win" and right about that time someone threw me sideways. we had come out of turn four and were haulin ass down the front stretch when at about where the start finish line is, somebody hit me from the back right and turned me straight at the wall which i promptly slammed into straight on. my first reaction was to back off the wall but before i could *bam* the 38 car t boned me. both were good smacks so after a couple seconds i tried to put it in R but couldnt. the tranny is screwed and the shifter wouldnt move. they threw the yellow right away and gave me a fair amount of time to try and get it in gear but eventually towed me back to my pits. nobody i talked to saw who it was that spun me and i didnt have any fam/friends there this week to ask much less have video of. so i just kinda drank my NA old millwakee and smoked a couple stogies while the headache sank in. and that was pretty much it. got help pushin my car onto the trailer and headed home. the bomber feature was last tonight and my team mates had bad luck as well so we just called it a night. i new it was only a matter if time before somethin like this happened so im just kinda tryin to take it in stride and get the car fixed asap. i'll just appreciate the good nights more. anyway thats it, bummer of a night

marini martini
10-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Awwwwwwwwww that sux H.L. Sounds like you got jerked around big time. Hope you're not in any pain. Too bad you didn't have friends or family to witness who clipped you, and if you did, would they be penalized? Hmmm, sounds snarky to me?:rolleyes

Well hope you get her up and running soon. But make sure, your healthy and whole first.

tp2021
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Dude this is awesome. I regret not having read this thread sooner.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Awwwwwwwwww that sux H.L. Sounds like you got jerked around big time. Hope you're not in any pain. Too bad you didn't have friends or family to witness who clipped you, and if you did, would they be penalized? Hmmm, sounds snarky to me?:rolleyes

Well hope you get her up and running soon. But make sure, your healthy and whole first.

thanks marini. about getting jerked around, its back and forth every time i race. one week i'll get knocked around the track and get pissed so then the next week i'd be the one banging on other cars. people got wrecked , i felt bad, and then back to getting punked around and so on and so on. i dont even know which way it would have been this week since i only got in like 5 laps er so. but thats how it is in the bomber class, i guess. i am a little sore today and thank you for using the word snarky. lol im gonna try my hardest to get the tranny fixed/new tranny or whatever i gotta do. if anybody in corpus knows how to stab in a new tranny and wants to help the team let me know.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Dude this is awesome. I regret not having read this thread sooner.

cool, when i get that new color cartridge this week i'll put you on the car with marini and bo if you like

AlamoSpursFan
10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
right about that time someone threw me sideways. we had come out of turn four and were haulin ass down the front stretch when at about where the start finish line is, somebody hit me from the back right and turned me straight at the wall which i promptly slammed into straight on.

Sounds like something Carl Edwards woulda done. I'd send the bill to Office Depot if I were you.

Sincerely,
Kevin Harvick

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-12-2008, 08:59 PM
:lol

remingtonbo2001
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
headed to the track. feels like forever since ive raced. i finally figured out how to get avatars and stuff printed and naturally my color cartridge was out. so i'll get a new one and have it done for next week.

Sweet Deal! :spin

Thanks Hi-Lo.

As for the race....

What was going through your mind when you were t-boned?

How did the other car fair? Was it just you and one other vehicle?

Anyways, I'm glad you pulled through. Hopefully you'll be able to avoid another accident and pull through FTW on your next outting.

Good luck next time and keep us updated. I'd love to come down and watch you sometime.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Sweet Deal! :spin

Thanks Hi-Lo.

As for the race....

What was going through your mind when you were t-boned?

How did the other car fair? Was it just you and one other vehicle?

Anyways, I'm glad you pulled through. Hopefully you'll be able to avoid another accident and pull through FTW on your next outting.

Good luck next time and keep us updated. I'd love to come down and watch you sometime.

no prob bo. when i got t-boned i was trying to get it in R, and glanced to my right as she hit me. she had to have been on her brakes cause the wall hit was much harder than the t-bone. i still dont know who got into me first or how the car finished but i would guess it finished good since i was in second at the time. the car that t-boned me was the 38 who won the championship last year. not sure about her either but will know when the results are posted on the site. im the only one that i know of that got wrecked. however i did finish second to last after crashing early in the race so maybe someone else spun too. i'll try to have the car ready by sat, but should prob count on not being back until the 25th which is gonna be a big show with lots of extra events.

tp2021
10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
cool, when i get that new color cartridge this week i'll put you on the car with marini and bo if you like

Nice! You can do whatever you like :smokin

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-18-2008, 01:58 AM
scramblin' to get the car ready by tomorrow night. there is a chance!

marini martini
10-18-2008, 02:30 AM
scramblin' to get the car ready by tomorrow night. there is a chance!

Dayum dude, you got some heavy duty supporters!!!! Good luck!!!:lobt2:

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
i had the car ready in time, but the races ended up getting canceled. all the rain that came down in the middle of the week left the pits too muddy. i think i'll run this weekend and park it for the off season.

tp2021
10-19-2008, 06:36 PM
How long is the offseason?

remingtonbo2001
10-19-2008, 06:55 PM
i had the car ready in time, but the races ended up getting canceled. all the rain that came down in the middle of the week left the pits too muddy. i think i'll run this weekend and park it for the off season.

:pctoss

What?!?

Thngs were just getting good.

Anywho, good luck next race.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-25-2008, 04:24 PM
races were canceled last week. car is good to go, and im excited. i'm now headed to the track for the big season finale. should be alot of fun, and i'll try to not get wrecked this time. let yall know what happens later on tonight

tp2021
10-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Good luck! Kick some mofuckin ass!

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Good luck! Kick some mofuckin ass!

i'll try, thanks for the support

marini martini
10-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Good luck,I'll be pullin' for ya!!

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-26-2008, 03:14 AM
well, i had a freakin blast tonight. the most fun i've had in my car, in my short racing career. the track was super slick, but not muddy. i started my heat in 7th finishing 3rd, which tonight (no more points this season) earned me third in the feature. so i started inside , row 2 and of course did the shotgun start. i was ready this time and ran good most of the race. finished 4th. we had done a bunch of work on the car the last two weeks and it performed really well, considering. all the other activities went great too.at intermission (after the heats/ before the features) they let the kids in costumes out on the track to trick or treat . some of the drivers, me included, brought candy and parked on the frontstretch. it was fun and i think i was the only driver to put the candy in my helmet. i thought that was cool and so did some of the kids. they had a costume contest also, which was decided by the crowd. then the features were run and afterwards there was a donut competition open to anyone. i was in the pits and did not see it happen but from all the stories iv'e heard i gathered this much- there were alot of people competing , some with there daily drivers, and the show was great but at the end one of the junior go kart drivers came haulin ass out of nowhere and immediately busted out like 20 lightning fast donuts and the crowd went wild. he won the trophy and from what i hear was super young, maybe 4 or 5 . it was just a good night all around and i feel very blessed. so i could go on and on about other stuff that happened but theres the short story. looks like the last weekend of racing will be nov.9th. there will be a 100 lap enduro race that my car qualifies for, but i've heard from many drivers that the winner is the last car remaining on the track. im not tryin to go tear my car up so i think i'll pass. thats all, GO SPURS!

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-09-2008, 02:52 AM
so, i ended up running in the enduro tonight. spent alot of money getting it "enduro ready" and am very dissapointed. there were no heats tonight for the bombers, they just lined us up four wide for the shotgun start. i got lined up third and there was maybe 19 cars total. basically i led the first 17 or 18 laps and was really running fast and smooth when i spun myself out again coming out of 2. i sat there and watched this guy t-bone the sh out of me. it was 10 times harder than the previous time i was t-boned. the car still ran but my tire/caliper/rotar/ball joints/a-arms/fender were all destroyed. man, i just gave it away tonight. it was over 500 to win and 300 for second and 2 for third. all my fault and it sucks. it was MY strategy to not run full out and i still
got greedy in turn two. i could talk about how i coulda placed and blah, blah blah but basically i just paid for and learned a hard lesson tonight.
the enduro was better than i thought. it wasnt like everyones car broke and the last man standing won. it was actually pretty cool. the owner had more tricks than usual for the bomber guys this week. aprox 500 water balloons were handed out to everyone in the grandstands. the balloons began to rain down as soon as we began lining up and lasted till the end of the race. with my good view from the infield i could see that the fans were getting good at it and really timing there shots well. there were alot of cars for the enduro that i have never seen before, but the cars that finished from 1st to 7th were all "regulars" at STS. another cool thing about tonight that i missed out on is that you were required to make one pit stop on the infield and change at least one tire. my strategy was to do it at lap 60 so i could top off on gas, but obviously didnt make it that far. everyone , myself included, had there crew lined up with jacks and tires and gas on the infield. it was pretty tight. so when i spun out i ended up running two more laps with everything bangin around before pullin in. todd did change my tire, but like i said it was done,son. so thats the way we end the season for ST.com Racing. i will def have the car ready for march 3rd and can only hope it will run the way it did tonight.

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 01:06 AM
well i finished fixing the damage from that enduro race today. it wasnt as difficult as i thought. the parts were $100 total from the salvage yard and it took two days. new control arm, caliper and ball joints. also a new fender. the rotar and spindle made it, along with the lower control arm. the fender was a little tough but not too bad. my brakes work better than before. i do still plan on freshening up the motor and trans but she fired right up today after sitting for almost 2 months. the track in corpus is working with the track in edna this season so that each track will run every other week offset from one another. i dont think i wanna drive to edna every other week so i'm checking into racing at I-37 speedway. thats the one just south of town so alot of my friends will be able to check out alot more races. only prob is that they dont run bombers at I-37 , they run pure stocks. at STS pure stocks are the next class up from the bombers so i might not be competative without changing my car up, which i dont plan on doing. the one chance is that alot of tracks use different names for different classes and the pure stock class at I-37 is the lowest one they run. meaning they might be comparable to the bombers at STS as far as rules,setups,lap times ect.. so i sent an email and will find out soon what the deal is. thats about it except that this thread might turn into a "build diary" when i freshen up the motor/tranny as this will be my first go round with the whole removal aspect. it sucked when i looked at the I-37 speedway website tonight and it said they had their test n tune night, tonight. i'll see if i can get some pics of my work on the car up tonight.

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Dude, good luck roaming the post-apocalyptic Australian Outback searching for gas and food.

hahahaha. :lmao :rollin :blah

sweet man. hpefully once i get back to texas i can come check out a race.

btw any advice on how to quit drinking. feel free to pm me on that subject.

tp2021
01-03-2009, 01:53 AM
well i finished fixing the damage from that enduro race today. it wasnt as difficult as i thought. the parts were $100 total from the salvage yard and it took two days. new control arm, caliper and ball joints. also a new fender. the rotar and spindle made it, along with the lower control arm. the fender was a little tough but not too bad. my brakes work better than before. i do still plan on freshening up the motor and trans but she fired right up today after sitting for almost 2 months. the track in corpus is working with the track in edna this season so that each track will run every other week offset from one another. i dont think i wanna drive to edna every other week so i'm checking into racing at I-37 speedway. thats the one just south of town so alot of my friends will be able to check out alot more races. only prob is that they dont run bombers at I-37 , they run pure stocks. at STS pure stocks are the next class up from the bombers so i might not be competative without changing my car up, which i dont plan on doing. the one chance is that alot of tracks use different names for different classes and the pure stock class at I-37 is the lowest one they run. meaning they might be comparable to the bombers at STS as far as rules,setups,lap times ect.. so i sent an email and will find out soon what the deal is. thats about it except that this thread might turn into a "build diary" when i freshen up the motor/tranny as this will be my first go round with the whole removal aspect. it sucked when i looked at the I-37 speedway website tonight and it said they had their test n tune night, tonight. i'll see if i can get some pics of my work on the car up tonight.

Keep us updated, man. Good luck with this in the new year!

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
tester pic to make sure i resized correctly.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/hood.jpg
sorry bout the quality, its my phone pics

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:03 AM
here are pics of the damage
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/bentcarmoncar.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/bentcarmoncar2.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:05 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/bustedcarmonfloor.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/bustedfender.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:06 AM
and fixed

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/newcarmoncar.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/newcarmside.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/newcaronfloor.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/newcaronramp.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:08 AM
just for the smell of it

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/insidecar.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
i wish i had a pic of it all busted up with the tire on. it was all jacked up lookin.

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 02:23 AM
hahahaha. :lmao :rollin :blah

sweet man. hpefully once i get back to texas i can come check out a race.

btw any advice on how to quit drinking. feel free to pm me on that subject.
thatd be cool and pm sent

Keep us updated, man. Good luck with this in the new year!

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 06:05 PM
anyone know what dawn is up to these days?

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-03-2009, 10:21 PM
i just got an email back from the I-37 track and it looks like i'll be able to race there. just need confirmation from the guy that handles the rules and such. oh yeah, racin' in SA baby

AlamoSpursFan
01-05-2009, 03:26 AM
anyone know what dawn is up to these days?

Assembling fitness equipment and being sexy as hell.

:p:

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-16-2009, 07:00 PM
i need sponsors!! and wanted to include the ST family. there are some things i wanna get/get done so i can run more competatively in this pure stock class. if anyone has a business/procuct/band ect., that could benefit from this kind of advertising let me know. im not trying to come across like im hitting up ST for funds, i just wanna give the fine folks at ST the same opportunity im giving my fam/friends. anyway im starting from scratch this year as far as whats gonna be on my car and im hoping to make the most of it this time . and i WILL be racing in SA this year

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
for the next hour i will be posting pics of my car. it was a hoopty ass bomber, now its a legit pure stock. just remember it has not been painted yet. the improvements include-

2:1 ratio quick steer with quick connect and racing wheel
old stock column shifter gone, floor shifter in
cattle panel gaurd is out more giving me more room in the car to steer
battery cut off switch
gauges working and moved where i can actually see them
gutted out all the wiring and crap that wasnt in use.
1/8 " door plate
dents beat out
5/8" racing studs all the way around
8" racing wheels
american racer g-60 dirt track tires
new brakes
gutted trunk and relocated battery with trunk pins
racing cell, no more stock gas tank
locked (welded) rear end
high rise valve covers with racing breathers on driver side only
rub rails
cut up fenders
car weighed and balanced (added 350 pounds to right rear)
prob some more little stuff im forgeting but you get the idea. car runs drives and handles completely different now. really, night and day. one more practice day on the 21st and then opening night march 13th. pics will be up shortly

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 03:35 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00575.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00582.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00583.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00584.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00585.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 03:37 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00588.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00594.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00595.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00596.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00597.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 03:38 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00598.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00599.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00600.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00601.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00602.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00603.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00604.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00605.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00606.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00607.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
new pics on page 3

HighLowLobForBig-50
03-21-2009, 09:51 PM
last night was opening night at I37 raceway. my car was not ready but i did go pit and help out with my buddies. actually both buddies hit the same tire(infield wall) in two different features and i ran back to change a tire on each car. it was alright considering i had been promoted to spectator for the evening. the initial opening night was rained out (the friday before) and they are not doing make up races this early in the season so in sticking with the original schedule, the next 2 fridays are off and racing will resume fri april 10th. my car will be ready by then including the brand new motor. missing opening night as far as points go is not too bad for me because each driver drops their worst 2 races at the end of the season. the mulligan rule is in place because the track knows people have weddings and chit like that to attend. anyway, just a little update for those who might care.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-04-2009, 10:15 PM
booyah , im over here doin the dance of joy ala balky bartokumos. my car is finally done after what seems like forever. the new motor runs really good. its just super fast now and dependable, finally. along with all the improvements , all the little nagging issues have been resolved and the move up to purestock is now a done deal. im so happy and relieved i dont know what to do with myself. if anyone wants to attend, my first race is next friday april 10th at I-37 speedway in pleasington at 7:30 pm

Taco's Troll
04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9418/ghostrepair.jpg

:wow

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-07-2009, 02:33 AM
:lmao i was actually thinkin someone else might see that but nobody really posts in here so its no surprise it took so long. definately strange.

i did primer the car today. was gonna post pics but i'll just wait till wednesday when its done. the primer makes it look so much better. cant imagine how badass it gonna be painted. yellow and black btw

Taco's Troll
04-07-2009, 07:48 AM
:lmao i was actually thinkin someone else might see that but nobody really posts in here so its no surprise it took so long. definately strange.

i did primer the car today. was gonna post pics but i'll just wait till wednesday when its done. the primer makes it look so much better. cant imagine how badass it gonna be painted. yellow and black btw
:tu

MoSpur
04-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Wow. I just came across this thread. I have always wanted to know what it was like to race. I really like NASCAR and the whole thing about racing. I'm excited for you and happy for you. I wish you continued success.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow. I just came across this thread. I have always wanted to know what it was like to race. I really like NASCAR and the whole thing about racing. I'm excited for you and happy for you. I wish you continued success.

thank you very much for the encouragement. im gonna go put the yellow on the car and will post pics later

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-07-2009, 10:31 PM
the yellow is done and it looks pretty sick. cant wait to get the black on tomorrow and be done with this damn painting, its no fun

SequSpur
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
dude! I have never seen this topic.. fricking awesome!

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
dude! I have never seen this topic.. fricking awesome!

thanks man. there are so many mods to the car that i havent posted. im just gonna wait till tomorrow night when the paint is done and put up a new series of pics, starting with pics from the day i bought it leading up till now. i just cannot believe how far my car has come. and im glad you dont think all of this is gay :lol

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
the car is painted but i wont be able to post pics till tomorrow. it looks pretty sick but the paint has taken up alot of my time and tomorrow will be a scramble to take care of the little BS things that need to be done. comin along though....

marini martini
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey........I'd love to go watch you race Friday, but I need a ride!!!

Anyone else going???

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey........I'd love to go watch you race Friday, but I need a ride!!!

Anyone else going???

you find a ride yet? gonna be a great time

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-09-2009, 08:39 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/carwhenifirstbought.jpg

the day i bought it

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-09-2009, 08:42 PM
after some paint last year

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/IMG00276.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
and here come the pics of the BUMBLE-BEAST

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/bumblebeast.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b15.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b2.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b14.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b13.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b12.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b11.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b5.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b6.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-09-2009, 09:18 PM
and some more

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b10.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b4.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b3.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b8.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b7.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/b9.jpg

its a really good feeling, building a car yourself. now i just gotta figure out how to keep it in one piece!

PhoenixSpursFan
04-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Damn that looks sick u gonna be the next Jeff Gordon

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Damn that looks sick u gonna be the next Jeff Gordon

that'd be like me saying youre gonna be the next st louis rams. you shoulda said im gonna be the next mark martin, and you know this

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
headed to the the track and im going straight to corpus afterward to race there tomorrow night!!!!

marini martini
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Good luck to ya!!! Hope the "Bumble Bee" stings the shit out of the competition!! Wish I could be there, but it's not in the cards this time!:(

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Good luck to ya!!! Hope the "Bumble Bee" stings the shit out of the competition!! Wish I could be there, but it's not in the cards this time!:(

thanks for the support. no corpitos for tomorrow though, i rolled the car

Taco
04-11-2009, 05:23 PM
thanks for the support. no corpitos for tomorrow though, i rolled the car

Flipped the car??!?!?!?! :wow

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-11-2009, 08:42 PM
yup, im tryin to get the pics/video from my fam friends. i tried to pass a car on the high side in turn one and ended up getting bumped up into the wall. i hit it hard with my front right and the car turned over. im alright but the car needs some more work now

marini martini
04-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Shit!!!:(

Glad you're alright!!! How's the engine????

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Shit!!!:(

Glad you're alright!!! How's the engine????

the engine seems alright but i havent gotten in there yet. it started right up and drove onto the trailer and then into my garage. i have found some cutlass' on craigslist for cheap so im prob just gonna buy a parts car

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-12-2009, 01:12 AM
here is the vid. its like the last 5 seconds of the vid

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=55611284

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-12-2009, 02:09 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/l_b32ea4e6b90c4296aea42db9ef010135.jpg

marini martini
04-12-2009, 03:52 AM
Dayum!!~ Mother Fk!!! How many laps did u go???

BruceBowenFan
04-12-2009, 04:02 AM
Damn that sucks, at least the you are ok.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Dayum!!~ Mother Fk!!! How many laps did u go???

like ten. the thing about it is, for a while there in the pits i was thinkin bout just runnin a couple laps and pullin off. a- my car ran real hot in the heat race and b- my lower left ball joint was completely out of its socket and cocked to the side. in the feature my car never did get hot ( never over 205) but the front left wheel was all over the place. it was prob 6 laps of me tryin to find a line that the car would run on and then 4 good laps of me makin up time and then on that restart BAM!

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Damn that sucks, at least the you are ok.
yeah , im ok and the car is fixable. all part of this dream im livin' !

Taco
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/l_b32ea4e6b90c4296aea42db9ef010135.jpg

wow dude, that dude put you into the wall

glad your ok

CubanMustGo
04-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Glad you are OK. Good luck gettin her all fixed up.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-13-2009, 09:12 PM
wow dude, that dude put you into the wall

glad your ok

Glad you are OK. Good luck gettin her all fixed up.

thanks for the thoughts. ive got some jobs to put up, and then i'll get her right again. i 'm gonna miss a couple of races , but thats better than missing a couple body parts!

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-14-2009, 09:49 PM
so i found a complete 84 cutlass minus motor for $275 in dallas. im gonna go scoop it up tomorrow and on the way stop in blanco to pick up a set of rims. the only other thing i'll need is the aluminum radiator which we are gonna order. things are lookin up already!

HighLowLobForBig-50
05-16-2009, 08:30 PM
in the last 2 weeks i bought a camaro and jumped up another class to streetstock. last night was my first race and it went real well. me and my teammate elected to start the feature in the back and let the guys up front take each other out. it worked to an extent the only prob was last night there was not nearly as many cautions as usual. so i started 17th and finished 10th with fred finishing 9th. the main goal was to drive my car up on the trailer without any damage and that goal was met. i cant describe how good a feeling it was to drive around the wrecks and finish the race.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/3m43pf3o9ZZZZZZZZZ94n84876b3c9a661b.jpg

marini martini
05-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Good deal!!! Glad you got to drive it up into your trailer. Sounds like a fun time!!!

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-06-2009, 11:30 PM
i havent posted in a while, but im really excited cause i put my new motor in the car over the weekend. the one we took out was a motor for the purestock class and couldnt quite hang with the streetstocks. anyway the new motor will hang and i cant wait. here are some vids

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-06-2009, 11:36 PM
this is a video tour , but before i put the faster motor

JTOFUgM4cdA

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-06-2009, 11:40 PM
when i was racing is the valley a couple weeks ago i missed my class' practice session so they sent me out with the modifieds (the highest class) i was kinda nervous. here are 2 laps.

_fzbGvZw0Ak

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-06-2009, 11:45 PM
.....and the new motor. i painted it all purdy. unfortunately, the sound on the video doesnt do justice to how much faster this motor is. i drove it at the little mini-track we have at the shop and i was very impressed

Ij3Vj7Lnmfo

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-06-2009, 11:46 PM
tomorrow night, IT.IS.ON.

Big P
08-07-2009, 12:55 AM
:toast

CubanMustGo
08-07-2009, 08:22 AM
tomorrow night, IT.IS.ON.

Good luck! :toast

HighLowLobForBig-50
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Good luck! :toast

thanks. im gonna go start loading up in just a little while. im kinda worried about the full moon, its well known that stuff gets crazy on those particular nights. i just wanna be able to race corpus tomorrow, so im torn between playin it safe and going FTW. oh well , we will just have to see what happens. gonna run VP racing fuel for the first time tonight !

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-29-2009, 05:38 PM
here are some pics of the car im building for next season. it looks like spunk right now , but will be the most badass car ive built when its done.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/cameradump473.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/cameradump474.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/cameradump475.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/cameradump476.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/cameradump477.jpg

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
What the hell did I mean about your dog not being sober? That was the first post in this thread and now I have no idea what it means.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-29-2009, 06:04 PM
What the hell did I mean about your dog not being sober? That was the first post in this thread and now I have no idea what it means.

:lol in my first post i was talking about how i was sober for a month or somethin and how my dream fell into my lap after i quit drinkin'. and until last night when i fixed up my sig , there was a keystone beer can to the right of my dog in the spurs hat pic. :lol

still sober though, over a year and a half now. also quit smokin cigs about 4 months ago.

BTW this black cutlass is the one i went up to dallas for after i rolled the yellow one as stated earlier in the thread. :lol its been sittin at the shop this whole time

Bukefal
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Interesting, first time Ive read the thread. Cool photos. Which car do you race with now? The camaro?

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-29-2009, 07:09 PM
i raced last season with the camaro in the streetstock class after rolling my purestock in my first race of last season. this year im moving back down to purestock. the classes go like this- frontrunner, purestock , streetstock, limited late model, limited modified and the most badass class is called modified. also this year my track is gonna have the "brazo mini sprints". there are a bunch of reason why im moving back down to purestock.

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
:lol in my first post i was talking about how i was sober for a month or somethin and how my dream fell into my lap after i quit drinkin'. and until last night when i fixed up my sig , there was a keystone beer can to the right of my dog in the spurs hat pic. :lol

still sober though, over a year and a half now. also quit smokin cigs about 4 months ago.

BTW this black cutlass is the one i went up to dallas for after i rolled the yellow one as stated earlier in the thread. :lol its been sittin at the shop this whole time

lol Oh ok I remember your dog now. Congrats on the sobriety. Badass on the cigs too.

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
lol Oh ok I remember your dog now. Congrats on the sobriety. Badass on the cigs too.

dude, i forgot to mention that i quit drinking soda about 6 weeks ago. you talk aboot rediculous. i have no desire to ever drink a brewski or touch a cig again, but everywhere i turn i see soda staring at me and honestly im surprised that i havent caved yet. that shit is HARD to quit. i wanna go to the store and get a big pepsi right now. i dont know if the soda quitting will stick or not , but i have lost some body fat since i quit so i'll keep truckin. i guess

HighLowLobForBig-50
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
this is what it looks like after you roll a car and then have to chop the top off to get the roll cage out

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/cameradump472.jpg

I. Hustle
12-29-2009, 11:27 PM
dude, i forgot to mention that i quit drinking soda about 6 weeks ago. you talk aboot rediculous. i have no desire to ever drink a brewski or touch a cig again, but everywhere i turn i see soda staring at me and honestly im surprised that i havent caved yet. that shit is HARD to quit. i wanna go to the store and get a big pepsi right now. i dont know if the soda quitting will stick or not , but i have lost some body fat since i quit so i'll keep truckin. i guess

Damn dude good luck with that. I have tried several times.

Slomo
01-01-2010, 09:11 AM

I've been off sugar since the end of 2008. Sodas were the most difficult to lay off (btw "light" or "sugarfree" versions are just as bad). I swear there's coke in them (it says so on the label duh!).
I've managed to only drink water, unsweetened tea and coffee for more than a year now (with the exception of a glass - only one -of wine at formal occasions) and I can't believe how much better I feel. I've lost a lot of weight, toned up and my energy level is incredible - so yes it's tough and I'm still tempted by sodas, but if you make it it's well worth the effort.