PDA

View Full Version : In their prime, which of these headcases would you rather have on your team?

Indazone
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Thought this would be interesting. Who do you think would make the bigger impact and would be good for your team be it the Mavs, the Rockets, Spurs, Pistons, Kings etc. If you think they are gonna hurt your team then why?

Wearing Red. Ron Artest Tru Warier

Wearing Black. Dennis Rodman - Astronaut

From the Indianapolis Stripclub Parking lot - Stephen Jackson

Back in the hood - Latrell Spreewell - PJ Carlissimo who?

dallaskd
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Rodman.

baseline bum
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Sprewell. He never quit on his team in the conference finals like fucking Rodman.

IronMexican
08-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Spre was an all star, so spre.

DPG21920
08-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Put it this way, if the Spurs had Rodman again, they would be the favorites to dominate the shit out of everyone.

mavs>spurs2
08-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Rodman owns

stretch
08-05-2008, 08:12 AM
spree is the most talented, but rodman brings an element to your team that not many players can offer. there are plenty of scorers in history that are just as or more talented than spreewell. but there has NEVER been a player in NBA history quite like Dennis Rodman.

Indazone
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Rodman was the bomb. It's not easy finding a guy who can bring down 20 rebounds a game. But then again, taking your shoes off during a game make Pop blow gasket. lol

I think the jury is still out on Artest. They guy can stop anyone with his defense and he can put up 20 ppg.

Spree, I just remember his "I gotta family to feed" line and choking PJ Carlissimo. But he was really talented.

Jackson away from Indiana and his partner in crime Jamal Tinsley is actually the leader and captain of the Golden State Warriors. But..he does have a history albeit checkered.

endrity
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
spree is the most talented, but rodman brings an element to your team that not many players can offer. there are plenty of scorers in history that are just as or more talented than spreewell. but there has NEVER been a player in NBA history quite like Dennis Rodman.

what he said!

I. Hustle
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Kbp

Supergirl
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Jax, because of all those headcases, he's the only one who has proven himself to be coachable. He's a knucklehead but he responds really well to discipline and rules, which is why he thrived under Pop. Too bad he wanted more money and a guarantee of a starting spot.

Dennis Rodman is a close second, he's obviously the most talented out of all those guys, but he's got a mixed record as to how spotty he is.

Spree and Artest I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

monosylab2k
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
yinka dare

Indazone
08-05-2008, 10:55 AM
shoulda included Vernon Maxwell in this poll too. Headcase extrodinaire.

baseline bum
08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Rodman was the bomb. It's not easy finding a guy who can bring down 20 rebounds a game. But then again, taking your shoes off during a game make Pop blow gasket. lol

I think the jury is still out on Artest. They guy can stop anyone with his defense and he can put up 20 ppg.

Spree, I just remember his "I gotta family to feed" line and choking PJ Carlissimo. But he was really talented.

Jackson away from Indiana and his partner in crime Jamal Tinsley is actually the leader and captain of the Golden State Warriors. But..he does have a history albeit checkered.

You're a Rocket fan and you don't remember Rodman jacking up three three pointers in the first quarter of a must win game 2 of the 95 WCF? He never even tried to get back in transition against Horry that whole quarter he played in that game, and was eventually pulled for playing like a completely disinterested jackass. Rodman quit on the fucking Spurs in the 95 WCF because he and Bob Hill couldn't get along. Hill's not blameless either; they are both equal douchebags in my book.

Indazone
08-05-2008, 11:37 AM
You're a Rocket fan and you don't remember Rodman jacking up three three pointers in the first quarter of a must win game 2 of the 95 WCF? He never even tried to get back in transition against Horry that whole quarter he played in that game, and was eventually pulled for playing like a completely disinterested jackass. Rodman quit on the fucking Spurs in the 95 WCF because he and Bob Hill couldn't get along. Hill's not blameless either; they are both equal douchebags in my book.

You're right. I did not remember that until you brought it back up. Yeah I followed Rodman closely when he was with the Bulls but not so much after going to the Spurs. I guess the taking off his shoes during a game was under Hill's watch. Hill pissed Francis off too by ordering back into a game when it was clear that the Magic were hopelessly lost into garbage time.

It's funny though that the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs all had a go at him which is the makeup of at least 90% of this BBS.

Hemotivo
08-05-2008, 11:52 AM
rodman

nil.ball
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I would rather have them all at their prime on the Rockets. It will a freaking sweet team! And nobody want to mess with us! hahaha

Indazone
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Wanted to post this vid of the Worm. He's a trip. I guess this is why little kids like him so much. Don't know how to post vids on here so all I can do is post a link.

http://www.youtube.com/v/icJLs4t0lLo&hl

Not suprised that Artest didn't get any votes. He is rated the 6th most hated athlete behind Terell Owens at number one and Barry Bonds at number 2.

manufor3
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
rodman

manufor3
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Wanted to post this vid of the Worm. He's a trip. I guess this is why little kids like him so much. Don't know how to post vids on here so all I can do is post a link.

http://www.youtube.com/v/icJLs4t0lLo&hl

Not suprised that Artest didn't get any votes. He is rated the 6th most hated athlete behind Terell Owens at number one and Barry Bonds at number 2.
you use the [ youtube ] quotes but don't use the spaces

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/v/icJLs4t0lLo&hl.

icJLs4t0lLo&hl

jack sommerset
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Artest. When that guy is on he can do everything. He might be mentally challenge more then the other canidates though.

Indazone
08-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Artest is a bona fide All-Star talent. He'll just never be voted into the All-Star game because the fans hate him so much. Same reason he'll never play for Team USA for the Olympics.

Findog
08-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Rodman's the only winner of the bunch.

stretch
08-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Artest is a bona fide All-Star talent. He'll just never be voted into the All-Star game because the fans hate him so much. Same reason he'll never play for Team USA for the Olympics.

enough with the cock sucking. we all know you wouldnt be all over his jock if he wasnt a rocket.

there is no question artest is a hell of a player and talent. but many of us just feel that things other players bring to the table (rodman in particular) is greater and harder to find than what artest, jackson, or spreewell brings.

Name a player in NBA history that can do what Rodman can do? There is none.

On the other hand, want me to name someone that could do everything that Artest, Jackson, and Spreewell could do but better? Michael Jordan.

shut the fuck up

baseline bum
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM

Forgetting someone?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/05/29/mavs_spurs_ap/t1_jackson_all.jpg

Indazone
08-05-2008, 12:20 PM
enough with the cock sucking. we all know you wouldnt be all over his jock if he wasnt a rocket.

there is no question artest is a hell of a player and talent. but many of us just feel that things other players bring to the table (rodman in particular) is greater and harder to find than what artest, jackson, or spreewell brings.

Name a player in NBA history that can do what Rodman can do? There is none.

On the other hand, want me to name someone that could do everything that Artest, Jackson, and Spreewell could do but better? Michael Jordan.

shut the fuck up

:jack

Just for the record I voted for Rodman

balli
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM
There is only one correct answer and that is Dennis Rodman. And it isn't close.

Findog
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Forgetting someone?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/05/29/mavs_spurs_ap/t1_jackson_all.jpg

No.

stretch
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
:jack

Just for the record I voted for Rodman

congratulations. you still fellated artest.

BWS-1994
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Artest just hit his prime. It leaves more room for improvement, or the opposite.

Rodman brings lots of excitement. But I'll pick Stephen Jackson. He seems to be "less evil" than the others.

hater
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM

he's also the only one who's played next to Jordan AND Duncan

urunobili
08-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Jax

jack sommerset
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Artest just hit his prime. It leaves more room for improvement, or the opposite.

Rodman brings lots of excitement. But I'll pick Stephen Jackson. He seems to be "less evil" than the others.

Stephen Jackson was swinging lights out in that brawl plus he drew his side arm and fired the weapon at a strip bar. I think he might be the evilest of them all.

Findog
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
he's also the only one who's played next to Jordan AND Duncan

Were they on a USA team together?

hater
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
oh my bad mr. I was thinkin robinson

lefty
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
For me it's a toss up between Spree and Jax.

Yes, Artest is excellent on both ends of the court, but he is the most unstable player of the list; even moreso than Rodman.

Spree and Jax can miss 15 shots throughout the first 3 Q, then out of nowhere, explode in the 4th.

BWS-1994
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Stephen Jackson was swinging lights out in that brawl plus he drew his side arm and fired the weapon at a strip bar. I think he might be the evilest of them all.

Sorry. In my book, those who abuse women (Artest got arrested for it, Spree was accused of it, Rodman got booked for felony domestic violence) are just a bit worse.

jack sommerset
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Sorry. In my book, those who abuse women (Artest got arrested for it, Spree was accused of it, Rodman got booked for felony domestic violence) are just a bit worse.

good point

Texas_Ranger
08-05-2008, 02:21 PM
S-jax!!

baseline bum
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
No.

He's got a ring and he bent your team over twice.

Findog
08-05-2008, 05:06 PM
He's got a ring

So does Michael Doleac and Tyronn Lue

and he bent your team over twice.

Is that supposed to make me change my answer? You guys get to call Dirk a soft pussy choker, I get to cop a snide and dismissive attitude towards the Spurs.

The Spurs have four titles, but they've never been loved. Accept and deal with it. This is the LAST place on the net I'm going to slurp Spurs cock.

baseline bum
08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
So does Michael Doleac and Tyronn Lue

Is that supposed to make me change my answer? You guys get to call Dirk a soft pussy choker, I get to cop a snide and dismissive attitude towards the Spurs.

The Spurs have four titles, but they've never been loved. Accept and deal with it. This is the LAST place on the net I'm going to slurp Spurs cock.

Rodman's rings were as a role player too, and he quit on three teams. How does that make him a winner.

Findog
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Rodman's rings were as a role player too, and he quit on three teams. How does that make him a winner.

He was a great player, Jax is a very good player. It's a fuzzy line, not a hard and fast one in my book, but Rodman was great at what he did. Jackson has never in my mind been great. There's only a tiny handful of power forwards the Bulls could've plugged in there and still won three titles with. The Spurs on the other hand could've plugged 20-25 guys into the starting SF spot and still won the title in 2003.

baseline bum
08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
He was a great player, Jax is a very good player. It's a fuzzy line, not a hard and fast one in my book, but Rodman was great at what he did. Jackson has never in my mind been great. There's only a tiny handful of power forwards the Bulls could've plugged in there and still won three titles with. The Spurs on the other hand could've plugged 20-25 guys into the starting SF spot and still won the title in 2003.

I don't see how that makes Rodman a winner and Jack not.

Findog
08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't see how that makes Rodman a winner and Jack not.

Truth be told, I don't really think of any of them as true winners, because they've all played for multiple teams and their act wore thin at some point. I guess I just have the most respect for Rodman because he did it in Chicago for 3 years, bought into the team concept and behaved himself...mostly.

Jax did it for one year in San Antonio and then got greedy and rejected a reasonable offer from the Spurs because he wanted to put up numbers elsewhere.

PM5K
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Something nobody has mentioned:

Rodman is probably the only player that wasn't a true headcase in his prime, depending on what you consider his prime.

He certainly wasn't a headcase his entire career, he was putting up some very nice numbers when the Pistons won back to back Championships.

turiaf for president
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
sheeeeeeeed

angelbelow
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
rodman hands down.

GuerillaBlack
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Dennis Rodman.

baseline bum
08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Rocket fans love Rodman. That should be enough proof of how worthless a POS he was for the Spurs.

Supergirl
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I think people are not quite answering the question as it's been posed: Which one of these head cases would you want on this team - not which one of these head cases is the most talented. For my money, the clear answer to the second question is Dennis Rodman. But the only one who has proven that with the right coach he can be coachable. Rodman survived Chicago because he was playing with the best player on the planet, and almost assured of winning a championship. But he had always had his issues, just like the others. And the other two have yet to show they can hold it together for a whole season under any coach.