PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Is A Great Fan Of Tiger Woods

fred33
08-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Tony Parker Interview
The NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete speaks.
by Bill Barnwell
US, August 5, 2008 - Tony Parker's a little cooler than you or I. The silky-smooth Spurs point guard is married to Eva Longoria, but you knew that already. He's got three rings, but you knew that already, too. It's hard to ask questions of a guy of whom Charles Barkley famously noted when the Spurs drafted him, "I've never heard of him, but the Spurs picked him, so he must be good." Oh, Sir Charles.

IGN: So this was your first mo-cap session. What was the experience like?

Tony Parker: It was great. I was always looking forward to the experience. Having a long relationship with EA Sports, I've always wanted to do it, and so being on the cover of the game, it's the right time.

IGN: What's it like to be on the cover of the game?

Tony Parker: It's a great honor for me, especially playing the game since '95, I never thought I'd be on the cover of that game -- especially the US version. To be the first European cover athlete, it's really big.

IGN: How cool is it to have the national teams integrated into the game as well?

Tony Parker: It's good, you know, basketball's international now. Everybody comes from all over the world, and that's why it's the best league in the world.

IGN: In football (soccer), the culture of playing for your country is more prevalent than it is in basketball. How important is it to you to go and play for France?

Tony Parker: It's very important for me, I've been doing it since I'm 14. I take it very seriously to play for my national team and really represent my country. I'm disappointed I'm not going to the Olympics, but we'll have to try again.

IGN: It's been a rough summer for French sport after the national team got knocked out of the European Championship. What do you think Les Bleus need to do to get back to the top of the world?

Tony Parker: We didn't have our best performance, that's for sure, so we just have to regroup. They just have to play better! We were winning the whole game, and then the last two minutes, [Russia] went ahead, and that just happens in sports. We'll just have to do better next time.

IGN: Who outside of basketball influences you as an athlete?

Tony Parker: Tiger Woods. His confidence and competitiveness…the way he handles himself to be the best athlete in the world, he's just amazing.

IGN: Could you have played 80 holes of golf on one leg like he did?

Tony Parker: No. He's unique. Beyond compare.

IGN: You've played NBA Live 09 now. What's it like?

Tony Parker: It's good. Really improved. All the knowledge and information, the DNA and the tendencies…it might be too much information! It's amazing. The detail of the game is great.

IGN: In the trailer, they talk about you going left at the top of the key more frequently than right. Is that something you're gonna have to switch up now?

Tony Parker: Yeah, it's funny. I don't know about switching it up.

IGN: Do you think that teams could use NBA Live in the future as a scouting tool?

Tony Parker: Nah. We have enough stuff already. I play videogames, I just wanna have fun.

Sissiborgo
08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
vúhúúúú!

Sissiborgo
08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
But it's good:hat

lefty
08-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I really don't give a sh....

Sissiborgo
08-05-2008, 02:39 PM

haha same here but it's good :lmao

urunobili
08-05-2008, 02:54 PM
TP is bad ass! i am SO happy he is a Spur!

SenorSpur
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
TP is bad ass! i am SO happy he is a Spur!

You damn right!

1Parker1
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM
:lol I'm surprised he didn't say "You know" or "aggressive" more.

lefty
08-05-2008, 03:28 PM
TP is an ass! But I wouldn't kick him out of the team

ducks
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM

you do because you posted in this thread

I. Hustle
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I was waiting for him to say he just wants to focus on making sure Timmy gets the ball enough or Manu is just Manu

ducks
08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I was waiting for him to say he just wants to focus on making sure Timmy gets the ball enough or Manu is just Manu

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

urunobili
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I would pay whatever amount to have a pair of Tony's underwear

I. Hustle
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

I was referring to what he always says at the half or post game

ducks
08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

xtremesteven33
08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
:lol I'm surprised he didn't say "You know" or "aggressive" more.

or penetrate:blah

JoeChalupa
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
:tu

lefty
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
you do because you posted in this thread

Typical reaction from a TP groupie

xtremesteven33
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
we need rappin shaq!!

san antonio spurs
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

:lol you shoot faster than lucky luke:makemyday

ducks
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Typical reaction from a TP groupie

typicllay reaction from manu groupie

Brutalis
08-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Okay who isn't?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
IGN: In the trailer, they talk about you going left at the top of the key more frequently than right. Is that something you're gonna have to switch up now?

Tony Parker: Yeah, it's funny. I don't know about switching it up. Until someone can actually step up and stop me I'll continue to do whatever the hell I want.

fixed

lefty
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
typicllay reaction from manu groupie

I'm not the one who had a vaginal reaction about a comment on TP

timaios
08-05-2008, 07:25 PM
lefty vs ducks... where silly friendship happens.