PDA

View Full Version : What we should do after we sign Pargo

Srupsog
08-06-2008, 04:36 AM
We definately need to trade vaughn away if we sign pargo. It would be nice to sign finley to the veteran minimum after too, but dont hold ur breath. The spurs could trade all these players for either an athletic scoring wing or athletic big or both:

Matt Bonner
Jacque Vaughn
George Hill
James Gist
Fabricio Oberto
Kurt Thomas
Ime Udoka

I would say an athletic scoring wing is top priority for the spurs.

Texas_Ranger
08-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Trade Bonner & perhapse Vaughn.
Resign Finley.
Sign Hill and Gist.

stxspurs
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
keep gist....send hill to toros....i think we need oberto/thomas in case ian is not so nba ready....bonner/vaughn/finley trade em.....(i dont think its possible)

SenorSpur
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Remember the Maggette situation? Let's not rush to any assumptions that this Pargo signing is a done deal.

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 07:31 AM
First off keep Oberto. Then sign Fin. After that we can trade your mom. She brings veteran experience when it comes to hand jobs and get it done attitude when it comes to BJ's. We can probably get an experienced water boy in return but don't get your hopes up, history will tell us that money is usually exchanged when it comes to her.

j/k I'm just tired of all the wanna be gm trade ideas

FlAVaK
08-06-2008, 08:09 AM

Well, if it`s like this, i got another one for you :p:

Bonner, Vaughn and Udoka for Udonis Haslem.

Spurs get rid of Bonner, don`t need Vaughn anymore (IF they get Pargo) and they get a strong PF in Haslem.

Miami doesn`t need Haslem anymore with Beasley coming in, but lacks a strong perimeter defender since Posey left last Summer. Vaughn may also fit in, because their PGs Williams and Parker are gone. I don`t know, if Miami would really need Bonner, but the trade only works with his salary.

Losing Udoka sucks, but getting Haslem would be cool. His contract expires in 2010, so he fits into ''The Plan''. And Spurs got The Gist to make up for losing Ime...

Another option (without Pargo getting signed) would be: Bonner and Oberto for Haslem. But i don`t see Miami doing it and the Spurs would get smaller in that scenario!

After the first scenario (and signing the Rookies and Finley) the Roster would look something like this:

PG Parker, Pargo, (Hill)
SG Mason, Manu, (Hairston)
SF Bowen, (Finley), (Gist)
PF Haslem, Mahinmi, Tolliver
C Duncan, Thomas, Oberto

kobyz
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
trade Oberto, Bonner and Hill for Nocioni, sign Gist, sign another big man.
the roster will look like this:

Parker/Pargo/Vaughn
Ginobili/Mason/udoka
Bowen/Nocioni
Duncan/Gist/Tolliver
Thomas/Mahinmi/FA

1Parker1
08-06-2008, 09:39 AM
:lmao Let's first wait to see if we actually DO get Pargo....I seem to recall similar gun jumping during the Magette sweepstakes. And we all know how that one turned out.

MajorMike
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
We didn't get Magette??

VaSpursFan
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
premature ejaculation thread.

first thing to do is...sign pargo.

BacktoBasics
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
lol at the thought of getting Haslem for Bonner. Shit is getting deep this offseason.

dbestpro
08-06-2008, 11:15 AM
First off keep Oberto. Then sign Fin. After that we can trade your mom. She brings veteran experience when it comes to hand jobs and get it done attitude when it comes to BJ's. We can probably get an experienced water boy in return but don't get your hopes up, history will tell us that money is usually exchanged when it comes to her.

Dang, T. Hustle wants to trade his sister.

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Dang, T. Hustle wants to trade his sister.

Dang I got burned.

wildbill2u
08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
We definately need to trade vaughn away if we sign pargo. It would be nice to sign finley to the veteran minimum after too, but dont hold ur breath. The spurs could trade all these players for either an athletic scoring wing or athletic big or both:

Matt Bonner
Jacque Vaughn
George Hill
James Gist
Fabricio Oberto
Kurt Thomas
Ime Udoka

Just sign up our rookies and resign Finley and simply wait for the massacre of the other teams to start. I'm really excited about our moves this summer.

I mean we've developed the beginnings of a MONSTER team over the summer which will probably win 82 regular season games and then waltz right over all the improved teams in the West and East.

All we had to do was add some untested rookies, a couple of journeymen like Mason and maybe Pargo and then resign some old farts like Thomas and Finley and a championship is assured.

timvp
08-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I think I'm going to wait for Pargo to sign before deciding what the Spurs should do after he signs. Perhaps they may just be me, though . . .

urunobili
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I doubt the Spurs will sign him at all. They rarely sign someone who was mentioned in rumors. IF they sign him, i'll post again on this thread.

Fixed

benefactor
08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I think I'm going to wait for Pargo to sign before deciding what the Spurs should do after he signs. Perhaps they may just be me, though . . .
Such a silly idea...what would lead you to want to do such a thing?

xtremesteven33
08-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Pargo will burn us just like Maggette.

:flag:

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
We actually wanted Maggette. If we don't get Pargo it's more like oh well, we tried

mrspurs
08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Remember the Maggette situation? Let's not rush to any assumptions that this Pargo signing is a done deal.

ja

SequSpur
08-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Matt Bonner
Jacque Vaughn
George Hill
James Gist
Fabricio Oberto
Kurt Thomas
Ime Udoka

Vaughn is still capable of doing purse searches outside the arena... Come on!

DROB4EVER
08-07-2008, 12:10 AM
The longer this goes on the less likely I think it is. I like him so I hope it works. I would like to dump vaughn and bonner. If we get Pargo, vaughn will never see the floor so he is useless. He is a cheap backup point which is in demand so maybe we can get something for him that could help down the road.

ducks
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Udoka took a long time to sign
pargo could be to

BOHOLANO#21
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
pargo just used our team to get more money somewhere else.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I hope you guys have learned your lesson about these threads.

sribb43
08-15-2008, 09:59 AM
:lol

urunobili
08-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I hope you guys have learned your lesson about these threads.

Mr Mod attacks again! :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Mr Mod attacks again! :lol

Don't forget, I'm a true Blazers fan! :lol

urunobili
08-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Don't forget, I'm a true Blazers fan! :lol

:lmao