PDA

View Full Version : Would do Laker fans expect out of Andrew Bynum this coming season?

The_Game
08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
He was averaging 16 and 10 leading up to his injury

what is the word on him and how do you think he will do this coming season and can he make the different in winning the title for the lakers?

nil.ball
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
here's their expectation:

kareen abdul jabbar v2.0

lefty
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
According to Bynum himself, if he's healthy, they'll go 82-0

Lakers_55
08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Having Bynum in action will do lots of things.

Gasol can switch to his forward position. Pressure is off Odom as 3rd option, he can share that with Bynum. Rotation is deeper.

Defensively, we have a body in the middle. Not guaranteeing a title, but the competition will have their work cut out for them. We weren't supposed to be in the finals last year. Now, I guess we are favored to get there.

xtremesteven33
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM
hopefully he can stay healthy. for lakers fans sake, they hope he doesnt end up like a Bill Walton. never healthy.

but if he does, then on paper they are the favorites. but also they look like too big of a lineup. it seems like a good thing defensively but they are not going to be as fast as the other teams in transition. Fisher is older, Odom is not a consistent shooter. and the lanes will be too clogged up most of the time for bryant to penetrate. some minor flaws to watch out for.

but overall they will be the best team next year in the West IF Bynum stays healthy.

IronMexican
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
hopefully he can stay healthy. for lakers fans sake, they hope he doesnt end up like a Bill Walton. never healthy.

but if he does, then on paper they are the favorites. but also they look like too big of a lineup. it seems like a good thing defensively but they are not going to be as fast as the other teams in transition. Fisher is older, Odom is not a consistent shooter. and the lanes will be too clogged up most of the time for bryant to penetrate. some minor flaws to watch out for.

but overall they will be the best team next year in the West IF Bynum stays healthy.

this.

baseline bum
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
'61-'62 Chamberlain... only a little better.

angelbelow
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
well i expect him to start out slow and adjust to playing with gasol because i think gasol will still be the main offensive option in the post. he should rebound and defend as well as he did and will get better will each game.

Findog
08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I aint seen the man play all that much, but if we go by 21 Blessings and DazedandConfused, we're looking at Bynum throwing down 40 and 20 every night next year.

JamStone
08-06-2008, 03:38 PM
If he returns relatively healthy and they can get him to play 32-35 mpg, I think it's reasonable to expect about 15/10 from him. He won't be needed to carry the team offensively in the post, but should still get a handful of touches in the post and also get scoring opportunities with broken plays and transition plays for alley-oops and also crashing the offensive glass. If they can get 15/10 out of him with relative health throughout the season, I think the Lakers will be content with that.

TheNextGen
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
probably 16 and 10 still...with 2-3 blocks a game

Colombiano972
08-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I think he will easily put up 15-17 ppg and average 10 boards. Its essential that he stays healthy since IMO hes the missing piece that will put the Lakers over the top.

The Franchise
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I look for Bynum to compete with Yao for the top big man in the West spot. I cant wait until we play the Rocks.

You don't mean that.:nope

mavs>spurs2
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
what can we expect? about 55 games..

manufor3
08-06-2008, 07:37 PM
If he returns relatively healthy and they can get him to play 32-35 mpg, I think it's reasonable to expect about 15/10 from him. He won't be needed to carry the team offensively in the post, but should still get a handful of touches in the post and also get scoring opportunities with broken plays and transition plays for alley-oops and also crashing the offensive glass. If they can get 15/10 out of him with relative health throughout the season, I think the Lakers will be content with that.

thats about right

The Franchise
08-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Actually I do. Its not like Yao is ripping the league up... hes good, but far from great. The way I see it, Pau and Odom are too passive to be a second option on a title conteding team... this has been proven. Bynum is agressive enough to be the strong second option that Kobe has missed since Shaq left town. I expect Bynum to be a future allstar soon, but even if he doesnt, the Lakers are still tops in the West by far.... even without Bynum, (already proven.)

Oh, and I cant wait to see that train wreck in H-town this year. "Insane Artest" coupled with "fragile emotions T-Mac" is going to be an epic failure to that of biblical proportions!!! They are already feuding and Artest has yet to even wear a Rockets jersey. Dont get me wrong, the talent is there to win a title, but this sure does remind me of the Dallas/Rodman experiment.:toast

This post reeks with the stench of fear,and denial.:lol

The Franchise
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Fear of what? The first round virgins... come on man. We steamed rolled through the West at about 70% healthy, Start talking if you get out of the first round:lol

When we do this year I pray you are our second round opponent. We matched up well with the flawed squad we trotted out last year. It will only get worse for you.:lobt2::lobt2:

TheMadHatter
08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
You matched up well against a Bynum/Pau-less Laker team. So did the Charlotte Bobcats and Memphis Grizzlies. Congrats!

The Franchise
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
You matched up well against a Bynum/Pau-less Laker team. So did the Charlotte Bobcats and Memphis Grizzlies. Congrats!

We didn't have Yao or Artest.

rj215
08-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Bynum will average 30 dunks, 40 rebounds, 20 blocked shots and 10 assists per game. David Stern will have no choice but to raise the basket to 12 feet for Lakers games. Bynum will also @ss rape Shaq during their match ups and force Shaq to tell the world how his dick tastes. The NBA will live in fear of the immortal Andrew Bynum.

Trainwreck2100
08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
ANDREW MUTHERFUCKIN BYNUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a

sook
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM

and you matched up with a Yao+Landry less rockets and still lost congrats!

sook
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
For a guy that avgd 17 ppg for 3 wks he sure gets too much hype.

I goto the lakers forum and they give reasons to why he's already better than dwight. The guy is a crybaby fag and he has no respect for his teammates. The lakers are a great team, nobody needs to hear a ,"If we had bynum we would have won!" Come on seriously its a joke, wait till the guy actually plays half a season before you make silly idiotic arguments.

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 01:09 AM
and you matched up with a Yao+Landry less rockets and still lost congrats!

You think I give a shit about some meaningless regular season game. The Lakers got to the Finals you dumb bitch while you enjoyed another 1st round exit.

Lakers = proven roster that can get to the Finals adding a huge piece to their team

Rockets = perennial 1st round losers

TheMACHINE
08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
When we do this year I pray you are our second round opponent. We matched up well with the flawed squad we trotted out last year. It will only get worse for you.:lobt2::lobt2:

do you pray we get you in 2nd round becuz ur scared u wont make it out of the first if we see you there?

Ghazi
08-07-2008, 04:20 AM
I could Bynum getting like 12 points and 10 rebounds. Basically same as last year, but some points/rebounds are taken away due to the addition of Gasol.

Lakers will mak for a worthy adversary for th eMavs in th WCF

sook
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
You think I give a shit about some meaningless regular season game. The Lakers got to the Finals you dumb bitch while you enjoyed another 1st round exit.

Lakers = proven roster that can get to the Finals adding a huge piece to their team

What does that have to do with what i said? You basically said that the rockets won b.c the lakers didn't have bynum or gasol. I merely proved you wrong lol. The lakers are a great team and were rightly so in the NBA finals. Too bad you guys shelter probably the most worthless overrated player of the decade. Bynum hasn't proven shit dude, no one cares about how good he was for half a month, carl landry was avging close to 18ppg on 60 FG% for almost all of the streak. He hurt his knee and he fell to around 5 ppg. You can't say how good he is if the guy hasn't even played over half of the NBA season...

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
What does that have to do with what i said? You basically said that the rockets won b.c the lakers didn't have bynum or gasol. I merely proved you wrong lol. The lakers are a great team and were rightly so in the NBA finals. Too bad you guys shelter probably the most worthless overrated player of the decade. Bynum hasn't proven shit dude, no one cares about how good he was for half a month, carl landry was avging close to 18ppg on 60 FG% for almost all of the streak. He hurt his knee and he fell to around 5 ppg. You can't say how good he is if the guy hasn't even played over half of the NBA season...

:lmao

Like I said I really don't give a shit what Rocket fans have to say. I just can't find it in myself to be afraid of a team that has lost in the 1st round 6 straight years.

Back on topic, I have no expectations from Bynum. Just stay healthy and work hard. 13/10 sounds about right though.

tlongII
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Oden >>>>>> Bynum

IronMexican
08-07-2008, 03:14 PM
For a guy that avgd 17 ppg for 3 wks he sure gets too much hype.

I goto the lakers forum and they give reasons to why he's already better than dwight. The guy is a crybaby fag and he has no respect for his teammates. The lakers are a great team, nobody needs to hear a ,"If we had bynum we would have won!" Come on seriously its a joke, wait till the guy actually plays half a season before you make silly idiotic arguments.

OMFG! idk how many times i heard "If we had Yao"

You may not be one of those people, but rocket fans should be the last to talk.

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
So Laker fans should not be excited about the most exciting young prospect on the Laker team coming back? I don't really understand what the criticism is for here. You guys would all be acting the same way if he were on your team.

Banzai
08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Oden >>>>>> Bynum
how so?

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, I aint seen the man play all that much, but if we go by 21 Blessings and DazedandConfused, we're looking at Bynum throwing down 40 and 20 every night next year.

More like 16, 12 and 2.5 in about 30 minutes. Not sure where you got the 40 and 20, but you are a retarded faggot, so it figures.

rAm
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Oden >>>>>> Bynum

thanks for the injection of reason into this thread :rolleyes

tlongII
08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
how so?

Bigger. Stronger. More Athletic. More of a mean streak.

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Bigger. Stronger. More Athletic. More of a mean streak.

hahaha good luck!

The Franchise
08-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Dude, who the fuck is Yao??? When was the last time he carried your team out of the first round? Hes just a decent role player thats extremely overhyped. How did he get injured anyway??? The Rockets will always be that smut on the bottom of the Lakers shoes. Do you guys even have a leader??? Please dont say T-Mac... we all know Kobe owns his ass. Infact, hes afraid of the challenge of guarding Kobe. If you guys make it to the playoffs, I welcome a challenge... Im even willing to drop money on it... there!

Im not going to even mention insane Artest. And also, you just might be our first round opponent...:lol

Yao >>>>>> Bynum healthy or hurt. If you argue this fact it will just sound silly. As far as Kobe and T-mac goes how has he ever owned T-mac? As a matter of fact when they have gone head to head (since Shaq was exiled) T-Macs' team has won more often than not. Now he actually has a TEAM around him,(something he has never really had) and you think its going to get any better? When we make it to the playoffs with the higher seed:king I will be more than happy to take your money just remember I tried to warn you.

Matchman
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Dude, who the fuck is Yao??? When was the last time he carried your team out of the first round? Hes just a decent role player thats extremely overhyped. How did he get injured anyway??? The Rockets will always be that smut on the bottom of the Lakers shoes. Do you guys even have a leader??? Please dont say T-Mac... we all know Kobe owns his ass. Infact, hes afraid of the challenge of guarding Kobe. If you guys make it to the playoffs, I welcome a challenge... Im even willing to drop money on it... there!

Im not going to even mention insane Artest. And also, you just might be our first round opponent...:lol

Dude, who the fuck is BYNUM??? When was the last time he carried your team to the playoffs? Hes just a role player thats extremely overhyped. How did he get injured anyway??? :lol

Matchman
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM

You think I give a shit about some meaningless "going to the Finals" BS. The Lakers got to the Finals and got wiped out by the Celtics you dumb bitch, yes while we enjoyed another 1st round exit. :lol

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Idiot Rocket fans.

You do realize we got to the Finals WITHOUT Bynum. He's not some gigantic piece that we NEED to get back to the Finals. Adding him will make the Lakers that much more dangerous than they were last season. They will now have the defense to match the high-powered offense. No more getting outrebounded by 15, not with Pau/LO/Bynum down in the paint. No more letting guards drive to the rim with no resistance. No more Pierce thinking he's the #1 player in the world because he can school Radmanovich in one dribble and get an easy layup.

In other words, Bynum makes the Lakers a complete team on both ends of the floor. That alone makes them signficantly better than they were last year. I expect to see tons of blowouts next season and Kobe resting 4th quarters should be the norm.

Lakers_55
08-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Back in 2000 I thought the Lakers had a shot to keep winning for years. Well, we only managed 3 in a row. Had Shaq stayed, and he and Kobe gotten along, well, maybe we could have won a couple of more. Maybe. There really was no depth beyond those two. However, the rest of the league was adjusting to us as well. So by trading away Shaq and playing a few rebuilding years, in essence, we got Bynum, Odom, and Gasol for Shaq. We will be in the hunt for several more years. With him here still, we would be about done.

manufor3
08-07-2008, 10:37 PM

Dude, who the fuck is BYNUM??? When was the last time he carried your team to the playoffs? Hes just a role player thats extremely overhyped. How did he get injured anyway??? :lol

nice comeback Matchman :toast

nil.ball
08-07-2008, 11:01 PM

:lol who the fuck is bynum/gasol? career scrubs..what have them ever achive. Lakers fans still think Gasol is the next Kareem after watching the final? :rollin

sook
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM

who's Yao? Ummm basically the best center in the league when he's healthy, actually its a tossup but i might have to go with howard. But Bynum? This is exactly what i mean, your comparing a proved nothing scrub to the top 2 center.

NOW HERES THE QUESTION:

Who's better Chris Kaman, Bogut, or Bynum?

And tell me why the fuck I would pick Bynum when the rest of the guys have proven shit, not really bogut he actually sucks

sook
08-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Idiot Rocket fans.

You do realize we got to the Finals WITHOUT Bynum. He's not some gigantic piece that we NEED to get back to the Finals. Adding him will make the Lakers that much more dangerous than they were last season. They will now have the defense to match the high-powered offense. No more getting outrebounded by 15, not with Pau/LO/Bynum down in the paint. No more letting guards drive to the rim with no resistance. No more Pierce thinking he's the #1 player in the world because he can school Radmanovich in one dribble and get an easy layup.

In other words, Bynum makes the Lakers a complete team on both ends of the floor. That alone makes them signficantly better than they were last year. I expect to see tons of blowouts next season and Kobe resting 4th quarters should be the norm.
Exactly, they don't need him for the finals. The Lakers are just a great team. He's just a scrub who the media is in love with. Now if an Atlanta Hawk avgd 17 ppg for 3 wks would you hear that much about him?

sook
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Idiot Rocket fans.

One thing we can agree on, Pierce is a fag and he's delusional.

But you think adding Bynum will carry you to a top defensive team? LOL after Sasha just let Ray Ray waltz right past him and let the celtics get a comeback after being down around 30?:nope

sook
08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
OMFG! idk how many times i heard "If we had Yao"

You may not be one of those people, but rocket fans should be the last to talk.

Not many people said if we had Yao. Because of the streak many people were convinced otherwise. But even though Rafer is a scrub he is the starting PG. "If we had Rafer for the playoffs," sounds more correct.

IronMexican
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
:lol who the fuck is bynum/gasol? career scrubs..what have them ever achive. Lakers fans still think Gasol is the next Kareem after watching the final? :rollin

Gasol has done as much as T-Mac and Yao combined.

As a matter of fact, he has made the finals as a #2 option.

T-mac and Yao can't say shit.

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 11:29 PM
What if Bynum actually reaches his potential? What then?

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Bynum needs to be a great Help defender and Finishing strong around the rim when Kobe finds him.

Gasol should get most of the low post touches...Bynum should get a few but Gasol has a better low post game right now...but Bynum used to be able to finish around the basket better but we shall see with the knee injury. It just makes it so much harder to leave your man when Kobe takes it to the rim. He can dump it off to either Gasol or Bynum and you should expect an easy 2 pts

TheMadHatter
08-08-2008, 12:36 AM
The Lakers get a ridiculous amount of layups as is. With Bynum in the mix he will cleanup all those missed layups from Gasol and Odom, and anything you give him within 3-4 feet from the basket he will finish. He's going to be a glorified garbage man on offense and as he gets older and his post game progresses his role on offense will increase.

Critter
08-08-2008, 01:02 AM
i expect a enforcer down low
and a nba championship

IronMexican
08-08-2008, 01:15 AM
i expect a enforcer down low
and a nba championship

crtitt!

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2008, 01:23 AM
ANDREW MUTHERFUCKIN BYNUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a

Bonior
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
I expect Bynum to clash with Gasol. Pau will be shooting a lot, at Bynum's expense, and I don't expect Bynum to take his diminished role quietly.

Remember, Bynum is already talking about making max salary, and he won't get that if he's only Gasol's garbage man. Plus, the fact that Bynum is already talking max, before proving anything, tells us all we need to know about the size of his ego. There may not be room enough on the Lakers for both Bynum and Gasol.

I'm looking forward to the Shaq/Kobe Soap Opera, The New Generation.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-08-2008, 07:51 PM
We can all talk about how we think everyone will do. But the play will speak for itself.

TheMadHatter
08-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I expect Bynum to clash with Gasol. Pau will be shooting a lot, at Bynum's expense, and I don't expect Bynum to take his diminished role quietly.

Remember, Bynum is already talking about making max salary, and he won't get that if he's only Gasol's garbage man. Plus, the fact that Bynum is already talking max, before proving anything, tells us all we need to know about the size of his ego. There may not be room enough on the Lakers for both Bynum and Gasol.

I'm looking forward to the Shaq/Kobe Soap Opera, The New Generation.

Are you fucking serious dude? You do realize he has played behind KWAME BROWN for his entire career without making a peep, even when he was clearly the better player. If there is one thing Andrew Bynum is not, it's selfish.

Hell he even said he'd be willing to take a less-than-max salary as long as it was "fair". It's his agent who is demanding max money.

One thing I will say is Bynum's stats are very much inflated due to him playing besides Kobe. Personally I don't give a shit, by the time Kobe retires Bynum will be a much different player. He excels at what we need him to do right now.

Bonior
08-08-2008, 11:09 PM
We can all talk about how we think everyone will do. But the play will speak for itself.
I agree. However, the Lakers fans have been the loudest in maligning Artest, claiming that he's a ticking time bomb. You know and I know that he has every motive to behave himself in the coming season, but the Laker fanboys never shut up. So I decided to give them something to worry about -- something much likelier to happen than an Artest blowup this season.

Bonior
08-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Are you fucking serious dude? You do realize he has played behind KWAME BROWN for his entire career without making a peep, even when he was clearly the better player. If there is one thing Andrew Bynum is not, it's selfish.
Ah, but that was before Bynum could credibly ask for max salary. Considering that he is already demanding a huge raise (max salary or not, it will be huge), do you think he will let Gasol stand in his way now?

Hell he even said he'd be willing to take a less-than-max salary as long as it was "fair". It's his agent who is demanding max money.
"Less than max" but still undoubtedly a ton. He will NOT get even the lower number if he is merely Gasol's garbage man. If Gasol takes fewer shots next season, he will be unhappy. If Bynum is forced to give up some shots (and a lot of earning power), expect him to seethe and then explode.

There's no conflict like a financial conflict. The Bynum/Gasol dynamics will be FUN to watch next season. :lol

mystargtr34
08-09-2008, 12:36 AM

One thing I will say is Bynum's stats are very much inflated due to him playing besides Kobe. Personally I don't give a shit, by the time Kobe retires Bynum will be a much different player. He excels at what we need him to do right now.

One could argue by playing with a guy who dominates the ball so much his numbers arent what they would be.

Either way, i dont think bringing Bynum back necessarily means more lay ups for the Lakers - its probably the opposite in fact. Having a guy like Gasol at C and Odom alongside ment the paint was fairly open for Kobe to go to work.

Throwing Bynum in there along with another 7'1" guy and Odom, a natural post player, will make things awfully dificult for penetrators like Kobe.

I still think they should move Odom for more of a natural 3, like Marion.

TheMadHatter
08-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Ah, but that was before Bynum could credibly ask for max salary. Considering that he is already demanding a huge raise (max salary or not, it will be huge), do you think he will let Gasol stand in his way now?

"Less than max" but still undoubtedly a ton. He will NOT get even the lower number if he is merely Gasol's garbage man. If Gasol takes fewer shots next season, he will be unhappy. If Bynum is forced to give up some shots (and a lot of earning power), expect him to seethe and then explode.

There's no conflict like a financial conflict. The Bynum/Gasol dynamics will be FUN to watch next season. :lol

You are quite clearly an idiot.

Bynum is only 20 years old, he knows his place. And if he doesn't Phil Jackson will put him there. Right now Gasol is a better offensive player than he is and he deserves to have more touches than Bynum. Bynum will still get his touches, but he will not be the focal point of the offense for quite some time. Like I said, only 20 years old.....the Lakers have been smart to move him along slowly.

What's sad about your posts is that you are a Rocket fan pretending to know what will happen to a player you've probably watched only sparingly. Save yourself the embarrassment and shut the fuck up. Damn you Rocket fans are a bunch, always hyping yourself up in the off-season only to fail in the 1st round time and time again.

6 STRAIGHT 1ST ROUND EXITS!!! :lmao

Bonior
08-09-2008, 01:02 AM
You are quite clearly an idiot.
There's an idiot in this conversation but it's not me.

Bynum is only 20 years old, he knows his place.
If he "knows his place" why is he or his agent asking for the maximum salary? (Or anywhere near the max?)

Face it, Bynum made his maximum salary demand knowing how much it would hurt the team. But he or his mouthpiece made it anyway. That tells me one thing: his ego is as huge as his immaturity. And since Bynum's ability to make the max depends on Gasol's willingness to sacrifice (fat chance), we will probably see a Bynum/Gasol bustup next season.

TheMadHatter
08-09-2008, 01:42 AM
There's an idiot in this conversation but it's not me.

If he "knows his place" why is he or his agent asking for the maximum salary? (Or anywhere near the max?)

Face it, Bynum made his maximum salary demand knowing how much it would hurt the team. But he or his mouthpiece made it anyway. That tells me one thing: his ego is as huge as his immaturity. And since Bynum's ability to make the max depends on Gasol's willingness to sacrifice (fat chance), we will probably see a Bynum/Gasol bustup next season.

Yes the idiot in this conversation is YOU.

Why the fuck do you think his agent is asking for MAX money? BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING AGENT. MORE MONEY FOR BYNUM = MORE MONEY FOR AGENT. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW MANY TIMES DID YOUR PARENTS DROP YOU ON YOUR HEAD AS A BABY???

If the Lakers don't offer Bynum the max SOMEONE will. Big men are vastly overpaid in this league. Kwame Brown $9 million. Andrew Bogut, 6 years $72 million. I believe the max Bynum can make at this stage in his career is somewhere around $15 million a year. If he stays healthy and is productive the Lakers will willingly max him out or else they will lose him to some other team.

I've heard a lot of stupid shit on this forum, but Bynum being jealous of Gasol is about as dumb as it fucking gets. Congrats.

Bonior
08-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Yes the idiot in this conversation is YOU.
Quite possibly I'm an idiot too, for even responding to someone like you. But it's Friday night and I'm bored.

Why the fuck do you think his agent is asking for MAX money? BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING AGENT. MORE MONEY FOR BYNUM = MORE MONEY FOR AGENT.
But the fact is, Bynum's agent did make the max demand. And Bynum has not fired him. And the coming season is Bynum's contract year. Anybody brighter and more emotionally mature than an eight-year-old can connect the dots to conclude that Bynum and Gasol will have conflicting interests. :rolleyes

TheMadHatter
08-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Quite possibly I'm an idiot too, for even responding to someone like you. But it's Friday night and I'm bored.

But the fact is, Bynum's agent did make the max demand. And Bynum has not fired him. And the coming season is Bynum's contract year. Anybody brighter and more emotionally mature than an eight-year-old can connect the dots to conclude that Bynum and Gasol will have conflicting interests. :rolleyes

YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB.

Why the fuck would Bynum fire an agent who is trying to get him as much money as possible? That is the PURPOSE of an agent, to get his client the MOST money. Athletes fire their agents all the time because they aren't getting enough money and now you think Bynum should fire his agent because he's trying to get him too much money?

You really think Gasol cares about not getting enough touches? The guy who looks to pass first every time in the post cares about getting touches now? Damn you really are talking out of your ass now. Please stick to the Rockets, you don't know shit about the Lakers.

You want to talk about chemistry issues, look at your fucking team. Look at who you just brought in. A guy who has wrecked every fucking team he's been on and who started the biggest brawl in NBA history by jumping into the stands and fighting with fans.

The Lakers will be fine. Everyone is onboard to win a ring, there will be ZERO chemistry issues. I can guarantee you that. Phil Jackson will keep the ship steady, he knows how to manage personalities better than anyone else.

Bonior
08-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Why the fuck would Bynum fire an agent who is trying to get him as much money as possible? That is the PURPOSE of an agent, to get his client the MOST money. Athletes fire their agents all the time because they aren't getting enough money and now you think Bynum should fire his agent because he's trying to get him too much money?
That wasn't what I said, and I refuse to be distracted. Read what I wrote in #71 and try to be smarter than the average eight-year-old.

You really think Gasol cares about not getting enough touches? The guy who looks to pass first every time in the post cares about getting touches now?
Everyone's generosity has a limit. Gasol would have to give up most of his shots in order for Bynum to pad his stats to maximum salary levels. It's not going to happen. Bynum will refuse to tolerate his diminished role for long; expect an explosion.

So much for tonight; I'm off to bed.

TheMadHatter
08-09-2008, 04:00 AM
That wasn't what I said, and I refuse to be distracted. Read what I wrote in #71 and try to be smarter than the average eight-year-old.

Everyone's generosity has a limit. Gasol would have to give up most of his shots in order for Bynum to pad his stats to maximum salary levels. It's not going to happen. Bynum will refuse to tolerate his diminished role for long; expect an explosion.

So much for tonight; I'm off to bed.

Um that's exactly what you said dumbass

"But the fact is, Bynum's agent did make the max demand. And Bynum has not fired him"

Damn you're a fucking moron. You're criticizing Bynum for not firing his agent for demanding max money when that is what every single player's agent does. Fuck you are stupid. Goddamn your parents must be fucking brother and sister because you are straight retarded.

The only player that would have to give up shots is LAMAR ODOM. Fortunately for us, he LOVES being an assist man and keeping himself out of the limelight. It's the perfect role for him.

Gasol, Bryant, and Bynum will get the lion's share of the touches. Bynum is still developing in the post so he will come along slowly like he did last season. If he stays healthy and shows good progress the Lakers will max him out. He doesn't have to worry about putting up monster numbers, the Lakers will gladly max him if he can prove he can stay healthy and be productive in our system.

Please stop talking in this thread. YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON. Repeat that with me, YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON. Tell your parents to never procreate again.

Again you want to talk about CHEMISTRY ISSUES. LOOK WHO YOU FUCKING ADDED TO YOUR PATHETIC 1st ROUND UNDERACHIEVING LOSER ASS TEAM. 6 STRAIGHT MOTHER FUCKING 1st round exits. Goddamn that is pathetic.

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-09-2008, 02:47 PM
6 STRAIGHT 1ST ROUND EXITS!!! :lmao

sook
08-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Are you kidding me? Dude after reading your replies to bonner ive come to the conclusion that your an idiot. He hasn't insulted you, and is merely trying to have an intelligent conversation. Your just cussing him out, Bynum is VERY disrespectful to his teammates, go look up a couple of videos on youtube, he shoved Sasha after he asked him to ,"Throw him the fucking ball!" Bynum is better then Kwame but he didn't have enough experience, that is why he played behind him.

Trust me, the hype bynum gets is nowhere close to what it should be. Guys like Horford, Thornton, Durant have showed much more than your little rat.

He hasn't dissed the lakers and yet you keep bringing up first round exits, what does that have to do with how bad of a player Bynum is? Try to stay on topic, your not very convincing.

TheMadHatter
08-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Are you kidding me? Dude after reading your replies to bonner ive come to the conclusion that your an idiot. He hasn't insulted you, and is merely trying to have an intelligent conversation. Your just cussing him out, Bynum is VERY disrespectful to his teammates, go look up a couple of videos on youtube, he shoved Sasha after he asked him to ,"Throw him the fucking ball!" Bynum is better then Kwame but he didn't have enough experience, that is why he played behind him.

Trust me, the hype bynum gets is nowhere close to what it should be. Guys like Horford, Thornton, Durant have showed much more than your little rat.

He hasn't dissed the lakers and yet you keep bringing up first round exits, what does that have to do with how bad of a player Bynum is? Try to stay on topic, your not very convincing.

How can I have an intelligent conversation with someone who is telling me:

"Bynum is VERY disrespectful to his teammates"

Goddamn you Rocket fans are idiots. Stick to your own team, you don't know SHIT about the Lakers.

Bonior
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks, sook.

Mad Hatter:
Selective quoting that distorts the author's clear intent has always been considered dishonest.

The only player that would have to give up shots is LAMAR ODOM. Fortunately for us, he LOVES being an assist man and keeping himself out of the limelight. It's the perfect role for him.
Won't work. If Odom tries to give up his shots to Bynum, other teams will counter by packing the paint. And Bynum will get fewer shots than ever.

Face it, there is no way for Bynum to get the kind of superstar salary he clearly wants unless Gasol sacrifices heavily -- which will not happen. I'm looking forward to the explosion in the Lakers' locker room.

Do you have any more silly, desperate theories?

TheMadHatter
08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
:lmao

Rocket fans are priceless. Trying to tell Laker fans they have to worry about locker room implosions when they just SIGNED RON ARTEST. Please keep it up, you guys are off to a great start here on ST.

The Laker organization has watched Bynum grow from when he was a fat chubby teen into the man-beast he is now. They want him locked up to be a Laker for life, there is no pressure on Bynum to put up insane stats. In other words, he doesn't need to play like his life depends on it to get maxed out. All he has to do is stay healthy and produce like he did before he went down.

Repeat this with me now. If the Lakers don't max Bynum out, SOMEONE else will. See Andrew Bogut, Kwame Brown, Okafor, etc. Big men GET PAID IN THIS LEAGUE. Now please go back to clutchfags.net and the fuck away from this thread. You are beyond stupid and your parents are a disgrace to humanity for having you.

Lakers_55
08-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't understand how this discussion turned. Question is, what do the Lakers expect out of Bynum next year? I gave my answer on page 1. All I can say is the Laker team was looking forward to getting him back last season, but it didn't happen. I think Bynum is excited to be on this team because they did so well once Gasol came on board.

Lakers didn't win it all last year, but now they're pissed off! This could be one of the best seasons in Laker history coming up.