PDA

View Full Version : And I Thought Folks Who Bought "Monster Cables" Were Touched In The Head

08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Denon "Dedicated Link Cable" (http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1218046046&sr=8-1)

Spurminator
08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
:lmao

It gets me closer to The Lord, June 11, 2008
By G. P. (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews

If I could use a rusty boxcutter to carve a new orifice in my body that's compatible with this link cable, I would already be doing it. I can just imagine the pure musical goodness that would flow through this cable into the wound and fill me completely -- like white, holy light. Holding this cable in my hands actually makes me feel that much closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. I only make $6.25/hr at Jack In The Box, but I saved up for three months so I could have this cable. It sits in a shrine I constructed next to my futon in Mother's basement.

I only gave it four stars in my review because I can't find music that is worthy enough to flow through this utterly perfect interconnect.

Spurminator
08-06-2008, 02:48 PM
It was a mistake for me to quote the first comment as a highlight... I didn't realize the entire comments section was geek comedy gold.

remingtonbo2001
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM

Slomo
08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Although it's not new:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99211

I must say the comments are pure gold :lol:tu

Slomo
08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
The Denon AKDL1 is absolutely the best CAT5 cable I have ever used, bar none. Since it's an audio cable (NB: it's not for computers!!!), I plugged it into my voice over IP phone and now the voice quality is incredibly clear!! No more dropouts, echos, or any other audio quality problems. I couldn't believe a cable could make so much difference, so I connected a cable tester to it and saw that it rendered the 0s and 1s perfectly. I'm even getting some 2s and 3s!!! None of my other ethernet cables have ever done that. I only wish this cable would come in 15,000m lengths so I could connect my VoIP phone directly to my office for faster speeds (I speak very quickly, so I need the extra throughput). However, at the current cost per cm, that would run about $5 million. I'm not sure I could afford that even though I'm sure the voice quality would be awesome.

:lol

Spurminator
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Great cable, but too fast., June 23, 2008
By Matthew Sidor "seadour" (Boulder, CO USA) - See all my reviews

Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover.

Would not purchase again.

baseline bum
08-06-2008, 05:08 PM
This marvelous piece of wire not only clarifies the most compressed mp3's while unlogging your intertubes! No more silly elliptic curves, Taniyama-Shimura conjectures or Galois representations. Yes, it's true - it proves Fermat's Last for ALL prime numbers greater than 2, some irrational numbers and pi. Just set it and forget it!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

baseline bum
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Actually, I'm a bit disappointed. For $500 I want my cable to prove FLT for all integers > 2 and all quaternions (or provide counterexample).

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 05:51 PM

ShoogarBear
08-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh, sure. The smarters make fun of the richers.

Twisted_Dawg
08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Great cable, but too fast., June 23, 2008
By Matthew Sidor "seadour" (Boulder, CO USA) - See all my reviews

Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover.

Would not purchase again.

I thought Einstein proved nothing could travel faster than the speed of light? When did that shit change?

thispego
08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
this is something i would have never dreamed a thread could be started over. i feel so small.

Borosai
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't think I read a single serious review among the first 10 or so. :lol The people who actually payed for that are probably too embarassed after reading all those "reviews."

ShoogarBear
08-06-2008, 06:20 PM
The one where the guy used them to tie up his audiophile neighbor and stuff him in the car trunk was excellent.

T Park
08-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow I knew I was dumb, but this thread made me feel Mr Body level dumb.

Dex
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, sure. The smarters make fun of the richers.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Dex
08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I thought Einstein proved nothing could travel faster than the speed of light? When did that shit change?

Einstein didn't anticipate the power of the Denon Dedicated Link Cable.

E= mc^fail

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Do you like Huey Lewis and the news? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.
In '87, Huey released 'Fore!', their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? YesNohttp://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/harobed216/Movies/Stills/American%20Psycho/american-psycho-02.jpg

baseline bum
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
American Psycho > everything else