PDA

View Full Version : lol no national tv for knicks next year

ducks
08-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Knicks Will Not Appear on National Broadcast Once Next Year permalink

The NBA's schedule was released today, and the FanHouse has gone and counted the number of times each team will appear on national TV this season, either on ABC, TNT, or ESPN. Not surprisingly, LeBron James's Cavs, Steve Nash's Suns, and the defending champion Boston Celtics — oh, how it pains us to say that — will be on the most, with 25 appearances each. But what about the Knicks? Well, they won't be on very much. Actually, not at all. Despite playing in the biggest media market in the country, Mike D'Antoni's squad won't be appearing on a national broadcast once. (Unless, we suppose, they make the playoffs. Ha! Just kidding.) We guess this means more Walt Frazier on the local MSG broadcasts, which is always a good thing. But how ever will the nation be exposed to the excitement of Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph attempting D'Antoni's up-tempo "Seven Seconds or Less" offense? Banner ads, perhaps? —Joe DeLessio

ducks
08-06-2008, 07:46 PM
now if stern would just do that for cavs!

ducks
08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
lakers should have 22 they should not have 6 more then the the spurs

jack sommerset
08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Every team should be on national tv atleast a few times. Zero, thats not cool.

duncan228
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Every team should be on national tv atleast a few times. Zero, thats not cool.

I agree. I get that it's a business and needs to produce income. And I know that certain teams bring better ratings. But it only seem right that every team has some national exposure. Even the Knicks have fans. Don't they?

John_C
08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I guess not many were watching the Knicks last year, and the networks didn't really feel like they'll really give much improvement this year, thus making them from wasting time to broadcast Knick games.

DPG21920
08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I would be furious if the Spurs did not get one game. You have to see as a management team how a move like this looks to not only fans of the team, but to others around the league. Simple solution: take one of the Lakers 26 nationally televised games and put the Knicks in it. People will tune into watch the Lakers no matter what.

rAm
08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I would be furious if the Spurs did not get one game. You have to see as a management team how a move like this looks to not only fans of the team, but to others around the league. Simple solution: take one of the Lakers 26 nationally televised games and put the Knicks in it. People will tune into watch the Lakers no matter what.

True that.

The NBA seems like its going downhill to me.

Brutalis
08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
That's just wrong.

DPG21920
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
It just seems like one bad decision after another. The NBA has the luxury of getting something that cost every other company tons of money and can be extremely useful: marketing research. All they have to do is go to all the major publications, read the polls, articles, comments and message boards to get ideas of how the fans (consumers) perceive the game and the decisions made. That is massive amounts of information for free to analyze and get an idea of what your customers want.

Look at these decisions: the ref scandal and the flopping rule; like someone mentioned earlier, instead of fixing one problem (the refs) they make more rules that do not address the most pressing image and in-game needs. Instead of running a leaner and more efficient organization, they are making some decisions that not only make things more difficult and convoluted, but do not address the consumers needs or wants.

1Parker1
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm very surprised. I would think with DAntoni and a new GM over there, the NBA would be promoting the Knicks and at least having them play once on National TV.

iggypop123
08-07-2008, 01:08 AM
id rather watch the knicks than oklahoma city thunder or whatever name they have.

your_pimp
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Boring teams get less than 20 games (NBATV don't count)

rj215
08-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Stern's slowly ruined the NBA product by focusing on foreign markets and target demigraphics rather than doing what's best for the game.

The largest market in the US not being on national TV is a disgrace. I hate the Knicks but man you'd never see that with the NFL or MLB.

DPG21920
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Lets just hope they can change it during the season. Maybe the league is in "wait and see" mode and they can add a game. But even if the Knicks were the worst team, they should be on at least once.