PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Survivor man or Man vs Wild?

I used to say F Bear Grylls but the more I watch him the tougher I think that dude is.

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 09:50 PM
:lol He got stung in the forehead

balli
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Survivor man. Two reasons:

1. He doesn't have a camera crew with him.
2. When Bear came to So. Utah he stayed in a hotel, thereby faking the whole thing. He pissed all over his headscarf and wore it, as to simulate hardship, but he didn't need to seeing that he had a shower and bed waiting back in town.

Survivor man's legit. When he came to Utah he ate a rat, then wandered into a canyon without water and had to bail a few days early.

I. Hustle
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
See that is why I like survivor man. Just a camera and him.

Bear must like drinking piss though because he just pissed into a snake skin and is about to drink it

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Bear is a fraud, but don't let E20 know that, he'll throw a hissy fit.

Brutalis
08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Man vs Wild is staged and for show.

Squid
08-06-2008, 11:44 PM
They both blow.

leemajors
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM
man vs wild clearly states some situations are staged, but who cares. Grylls is more entertaining.

O-Factor
08-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Man vs Wild is staged and for show.

Its staged in some aspects, like when he needs water, food or shelter when its too cold.

But he still jumps in icy water bare naked, drinks water from elephant shit, eats insects, raw snake, reindeer eyeballs, lizards, frogs, turtles, goat balls, drinks his piss, and lots of other stuff I've seen him eat. He still shows people survival skills..

Bear Grylls>>>>>>all of us.

Buddy Holly
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Its staged in some aspects, like when he needs water, food or shelter when its too cold.

But he still jumps in icy water bare naked, drinks water from elephant shit, eats insects, raw snake, reindeer eyeballs, lizards, frogs, turtles, goat balls, drinks his piss, and lots of other stuff I've seen him eat. He still shows people survival skills..

Bear Grylls>>>>>>all of us.

So basically he's win every Fear Factor competition? lame.

He and the short bald gay guy who eats crazy shit should co-star in a Odd Couple type reality show.

baseline bum
08-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Since it's just entertainment, Bear by a mile. I know Survivor Man is more of a badass doing everything without a net, but Man vs Wild is more entertaining TV; better stories, nastier shit, and the fact that he has a camera crew means he gets some pretty spectacular shots of some amazing places in his show.

Brutalis
08-07-2008, 03:14 AM
See how easy Americans are swayed to what looks cool and sounds interesting? Even if it's fake. Fucked up.

IronMexican
08-07-2008, 04:30 AM
See how easy Americans are swayed to what looks cool and sounds interesting? Even if it's fake. Fucked up.

It's about entertainment.

A lot of people knew wrestling was fake, but that didn't stop people from watching it.

ATRAIN
08-07-2008, 07:23 AM
I prefer man vs wild. Bear has more balls than any of you fuckers do.

I. Hustle
08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I think survivor man kicks ass. I want to see them do a show where they drop them off in the same area at different times and then show their different techniques. A 2 hour long special

ATRAIN
08-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I think survivor man kicks ass. I want to see them do a show where they drop them off in the same area at different times and then show their different techniques. A 2 hour long special

LOL or drop them off together and see if they agree on survival. Or do a Man vs Wild with survivor man live show.

Taco
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/survivorman/bio/gallery/african175.jpg

Les Stroud

I. Hustle
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
LOL or drop them off together and see if they agree on survival. Or do a Man vs Wild with survivor man live show.

Hell yeah! Lets pitch the idea

mrsmaalox
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I didn't vote because I don't watch either show, but I caught Mr. Grylls on Letterman a few months ago and I thought he was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x6ZSpvDezc

MannyIsGod
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM

:lmao

Are you being fucking serious? You mean people watch TV and find it interesting and cool even though some TV - GASP - might be fake?

englishspursfan
08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
man vs wild every time
1 he was in the sas
2 he made in the french foriegn llegion
3 hes climed everest
hes a guttsy fucker

manufor3
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
survivor man

man vs wild has a camera crew

E20
08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I'd take Bear any day of the week.

Bear > A bunch of people.

People should know his show isn't 100% real, it says so in the begining, but that doesn't automatically make Les Stroud > Bear, for all we know Les Stroud can pull the same shit when the camera is off, but who knows. Bear is more of a fucking bad ass too.

DisAsTerBot
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
survivor man..............definitley.........he actually uses survival techniques that are necessary for his situtation...i.e. making shelters, surviving on little substanance, and he's said on multiple occasions he prefers not to kill an animal if he doesn't have to.............whereas man vs wild will kill and eat just about anything for entertainment purposes only.......Everything Les does is for HIS situation, not hypothetical..........

I. Hustle
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Werd! Last night he ate a skunk. A SKUNK!

thispego
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Re: Just Curious

bi curious?

Ronaldo McDonald
08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Bear Grylls makes shitmade with shit.

Anyone who drinks from camel and elephant dung has got to get the nod just out of respect, so I'm going with Bear Grylls.

I. Hustle
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Re: Just Curious

bi curious?

tri curious

I. Hustle
08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
In the next post Hater will say "none of that shit"

hater
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
none of that shit

manufor3
08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
In the next post Hater will say "none of that shit"

none of that shit

:lol

Brutalis
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Are you being fucking serious? You mean people watch TV and find it interesting and cool even though some TV - GASP - might be fake?

Nay. I'm saying people don't appreciate what's real vs what's fake. Apparently fake shit is more entertaining than real shit.

MannyIsGod
08-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Nay. I'm saying people don't appreciate what's real vs what's fake. Apparently fake shit is more entertaining than real shit.

Duh? I don't go to the movies to see real shit. I go to see fake shit. Do you walk outside and watch the grass grow and say "Fuck, thats entertainment" just because its real?

I'm amazed at your 2 posts.

Mark in Austin
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
In terms of legitimate survival skills - Survivorman by a mile.

Grylls has that badass world adventurer accent and tough-guy thing going. He probably gets more pussy that Les. And anybody who drinks water squeezed from large mammal poo deserves some credit.

But at the end of the day I find Survivorman more satisfying, if not quite as amusing as MvW.

balli
08-08-2008, 06:35 PM
^ Straight up. Survivorman is the better survivalist in terms of cool tricks to light a fire etc and I like his show more, but that said, there is no sport that I consider more challenging than rock climbing and I get the feeling looking at Bear that he could probably climb anything he wanted while making it look easy. Les could probably live for awhile off wild tubers and lizards, but I bet he couldn't even compete with Bear in terms of hiking, climbing, falling and extrecating yourself from a dangerous outdoor situation half as well as Bear could.

I. Hustle
08-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Les is in the Amazon tonight

I. Hustle
08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
I F'n hate bugs and he has them all over him