PDA

View Full Version : In case you haven't had enough radio threads: Announcement on Ticket760 tomorrow

Kori Ellis
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
How many Ticket 760 and/or ESPN 1250 threads can their possible be The Club!? Got damn!

So I'm making one more.

Tomorrow afternoon there will an announcement about something new coming to Ticket 760.

I know what it is, but just for fun ... guess what it is.

If anyone actually guesses right (without any inside info), I guess I'll give you some kind of prize.

-K

CharlieMac
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Booms is replacing Tike Maylor?

CharlieMac
08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Yessss!

MannyIsGod
08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Mouse and Kori are getting a show?

AlamoSpursFan
08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Why do they need something new?

I thought they were already mopping up the floor with ESPN 1250 The Zone...

:lol

Sorry, unless they make their little announcement on Dawn's...errr Chris and Jason's show, I won't hear it.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Return of the pop show

Sense
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Kori getting a job there.....

AlamoSpursFan
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
They're going TEJANO!!!!!!!!

GoGatos
08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Why do they need something new?

I thought they were already mopping up the floor with ESPN 1250 The Zone...

Yeah but just because you've got someone on the mat, doesn't mean you want to let them up. :hat

The announcement will be at 5 o'clock (more like 5:06 really). I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of people on this board will approve.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah but just because you've got someone on the mat, doesn't mean you want to let them up. :hat

The announcement will be at 5 o'clock (more like 5:06 really). I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of people on this board will approve.

you're giving away free shirts to guys named trainwreck2100. Cuz the vast majority of people on this board will approve that.

remingtonbo2001
08-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Kori getting a job there.....

I'm also guessing something involving Kori.

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-06-2008, 11:55 PM
I'd like to know and will not be in town tomorrow therefore can not hear the announcement.
PM me the info Kori
please and thanks.

Kori Ellis
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
If it involved me, I'd probably just tell you rather than playing a game ;)

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
the announcement of a relaunch of their website

Sense
08-07-2008, 12:03 AM
It's going to involve Spurstalk

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
If it involved me, I'd probably just tell you rather than playing a game ;)

It's going to involve Spurstalk

:nope

However, if it does not involve Kori or the website, then how does she already know about it?

:flag::flag:

Kori Ellis
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM

However, if it does not involve Kori or the website, then how does she already know about it?

:flag::flag:

Umm... because I know everything ;)

T Park
08-07-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm gonna say the Pop show comes back.

Or maybe a player has his own weekly radio show for an hour or two.

timvp
08-07-2008, 12:37 AM
My guess is that GoGatos will host a math and marketing show that proves that holding onto 85% of listeners is more impressive than holding onto 88% of listeners.

baseline bum
08-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Jay Howard will be brought back as the Spurs play by play man, and Schoening moves to covering the SilverStars?!?! Please?

T Park
08-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Jay Howard will be brought back as the Spurs play by play man, and Schoening moves to covering the SilverStars?!?! Please?

From your mouth to god's ears my man.

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Umm... because I know everything ;)

:married:

I'm gonna say the Pop show comes back.

Or maybe a player has his own weekly radio show for an hour or two.
:rolleyes

My guess is that GoGatos will host a math and marketing show that proves that holding onto 85% of listeners is more impressive than holding onto 88% of listeners.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:sleep

Buddy Holly
08-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Well, it's tomorrow.

What's the news?

T Park
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
The announcement will be at 5 o'clock (more like 5:06 really). I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of people on this board will approve

I think its a ploy just to drive up listenership :)

midgetonadonkey
08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
San Antonio talk radio will no longer suck balls?

I doubt that.

midgetonadonkey
08-07-2008, 01:29 AM
The only sports talk worth listening to is Scotty Farrell on Howard 101.

Shake it up!!

Seriously, San Antonio sports talk radio shows suck balls.

T Park
08-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Is that the same Farrell that has the voice of a gravel truck and just babbles incoherently?

I remember him being on the radio on one on one sports radio wayyy back in the mid 90s.

KEDA
08-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Scotty Farrell does 4 lines of coke, then talks about sports, then goes and does another 4 lines.

Radio gold right there!

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM

That's pretty good stuff there TimVP.

Some people are close. No winners yet.

GoGatos
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM

Or I'll host a show about how STSA is twice as popular as any other show this station has ever had and how Jim Rome isn't even the lead-in to STSA. But keep harping on the 85% deal...

Spurminator
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Matt Bonner has been signed on to host mid-day.

AlamoSpursFan
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM

Umm, the opening bell just rang and you're already claiming victory?

A little presumptuous, I think...

:lmao

AlamoSpursFan
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Is that the same Farrell that has the voice of a gravel truck and just babbles incoherently?

I remember him being on the radio on one on one sports radio wayyy back in the mid 90s.

It's more sports-tracheotomy radio than sports-talk radio.

timvp
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
85% > 88%!

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Matt Bonner has been signed on to host mid-day.

DAMN IT....
Kori.
Give the man his prize

alamo50
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Return of the pop show

Anything else will be dissapointing.

:depressed

GoGatos
08-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Anything else will be dissapointing.

:depressed

Pop Show will be discussed with the Spurs I'm sure in the meeting they have with us prior to the season starting. So today is not that announcement. Sorry.

remingtonbo2001
08-07-2008, 01:21 PM

If only 760 had thought of this earlier, I might have aced the math section of the SAT.

gatoloco
08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
the red rocket is going to work for the ticket?

does he know how to suck his own dick, it seems to be a requirement...

FromWayDowntown
08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
The only sports talk worth listening to is Scotty Farrell on Howard 101.

Shake it up!!

Farrall -- on the bench!

pkbpkb81
08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
its going to be cowboy bus trips to the games

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
the red rocket is going to work for the ticket?

does he know how to suck his own dick, it seems to be a requirement...

Nope, not the news. Although Brent Barry would have been golden if he was still a Spur.

Although Matt could break down independent unsigned bands. That's his gig.

FromWayDowntown
08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
My guess is that the Ticket is going to announce a new three hour show that is actually 3 shows in 1. The first hour will be called "Pop is an Idiot" and will be hosted by a revolving panel of experts who post at Spurs Talk. The second hour will be called "The Spurs Front Office is Full of Imbeciles" and be hosted by a revolving panel of experts from Spurs Talk. And the third hour will be called "Spurs Peak After March," but will really be an hour of experts from Spurs Talk who won't talk about anything Spurs-related until sometime after the first day of March.

pkbpkb81
08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
it has to be stsa cowboy road trips that would be great

fatsack
08-07-2008, 02:26 PM
The Spurs are moving their radio affiliation from WOAI.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Probably a retired Spur player or Retired Cowboy player getting a show

tlongII
08-07-2008, 02:59 PM
You'll be doing live broadcasts of Portland Trail Blazers games on nights they don't conflict with the Spurs broadcasts!

midgetonadonkey
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Scotty Farrell does 4 lines of coke, then talks about sports, then goes and does another 4 lines.

Radio gold right there!

You got that right. The metal music in the background only makes it that much better.

Buddy Holly
08-07-2008, 05:19 PM
A 7-9 show with Peter? That's it?

thispego
08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
well at least the anticipation got me through the daY

Kori Ellis
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
A 7-9 show with Peter? That's it?

Not just with Peter ... with Andy Everett.

Everyone always complains that there's no one on the radio who really knows about the Spurs. Now with Andy, y'all finally have that.

well at least the anticipation got me through the daY

And really... isn't that all that matters? :lol

T Park
08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
this is awesome if only andy could take over for the Hilton waiter walter suckacrota

Trainwreck2100
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM

The vast majority of the people who post here aren't up between 7-9

Kori Ellis
08-07-2008, 09:28 PM
The vast majority of the people who post here aren't up between 7-9

Probably not true. That's when most people who post here are on the way to work. Anyway, no one is forcing you to listen... but it will likely have very good Spurs talk.

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Yo...

Wanted to thank some of ya'll for the feedback and PM's
Looking forward to the show.

Since Charlie moved from the Ticket, we've been really wanting a morning show here.
So it's been cooking for over a year, not necessarily with Andy and I, but just getting a morning show back on the Ticket.

After Charlie and Chance, and before ESPN got to town, you had to wait until 3PM to get any kind of local sports talk. Which to me never made much sense especially, because if Tony Parker goes down with an injury on a Monday night. National shows might mention it, but a local show will break it down in more depth.

Even more so regarding Football. Especially College. (UT, A&M, Tech...etc)

Andy is a damn good overall sports guy, and I think a lot of people here on this board will really appreciate the Spurs coverage that he's going to be able to bring this season with the show.

As for me. It obvious I was hired to make Andy sound smarter. I'm fine with that.

Regarding an earlier post. I will tell you that we are on the same page regarding wanting to get a Coach Pop or a Spur as a regular part of the show. That is being discussed.

Keep up with the suggestions. You guys have always been a good sounding board for ideas, and that's the reason why I always post stuff about the stations here.

If there's stuff you'd like to see in the show, shoot me a PM, and i'll do my best to work it in. But I will tell you. Topic Wheel will not even be considered.

Trainwreck2100
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Probably not true. That's when most people who post here are on the way to work. Anyway, no one is forcing you to listen... but it will likely have very good Spurs talk.

What I meant was judging by the reaction here the "vast majority" don't give a shit. But i didn't want to say that and hurt Pete's feelings. I hope you're happy.

Kori Ellis
08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Andy is a damn good overall sports guy, and I think a lot of people here on this board will really appreciate the Spurs coverage that he's going to be able to bring this season with the show.

Many people here remember Andy as the best Game Night React host ever. So, I'm sure that you will get an instant following from the diehard Spurs fans.

Good luck, Peter. I have been wanting you to get a real show (not that the fantasy football show isn't one) for a while now. You are much better on the radio now than you were a few years back when you were just getting comfortable on air. I'm sure you will flourish.

Buddy Holly
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
It puzzles me why The Ticket and now The Zone don't have a show hosted by a currently active or retire player.

Trainwreck2100
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Many people here remember Andy as the best Game Night React host ever. So, I'm sure that you will get an instant following from the diehard Spurs fans.

Good luck, Peter. I have been wanting you to get a real show (not that the fantasy football show isn't one) for a while now. You are much better on the radio now than you were a few years back when you were just getting comfortable on air. I'm sure you will flourish.

It is seriously hard to bounce things off of you.

Buddy Holly
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Not just with Peter ... with Andy Everett.

Caught the tail end of the announce via the computer (Firefox wouldn't play the audio) and only heard Taylor congratulate Peter on the show.

pooh
08-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Yikes get out my shotgun....Burns and Everett....OMG. You'll appreciate Sczban in a few months, you'll see.

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Damn Pooh.
Thanks for the ringing endorsement!

I mean, a shotgun? Really?
I could see a pellet gun, a musket, or perhaps a sharp Ginsu 2000 knife.
But a shotgun?

That's just F'n harsh.

pooh
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Harsh? that's being nice. Look the morning experiement worked a little in the early 90's with Parker and it failed horribly with Vex and Walter and C&C. Unless you have this pipe dream that the "third times a charm" then hey, go for it.

But Sczban and Patrick are a good combo for the mornings, why shake it up? Do you really want more local stuff and in the morning mind you? I mean c'mon dude, the Spurs don't play year 'round (thank goodness). I have yet to see other sports shows (on Ticket cause I haven't listened to ESPN's show here) that was on the ticket that could hold a conversation that wasn't Spurs related.

TheTruth
08-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I'd rather hear local any time of the day. At least now I can say I play COD4 with the morning guy from The Ticket!

Congrats Pete.

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Harsh? that's being nice. Look the morning experiement worked a little in the early 90's with Parker and it failed horribly with Vex and Walter and C&C. Unless you have this pipe dream that the "third times a charm" then hey, go for it.

But Sczban and Patrick are a good combo for the mornings, why shake it up? Do you really want more local stuff and in the morning mind you? I mean c'mon dude, the Spurs don't play year 'round (thank goodness). I have yet to see other sports shows (on Ticket cause I haven't listened to ESPN's show here) that was on the ticket that could hold a conversation that wasn't Spurs related.

Here's the deal. I was told that if I did the morning show, I'd get an extra $2.45 an hour, plus be allowed to use the KJ97 private bathroom when Randy Carroll is out of town So, It was a no-brainer.

I think there will be people that will like the fact that they can sound off on local stuff, especially for football season. Maybe, maybe not.

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd rather hear local any time of the day. At least now I can say I play COD4 with the morning guy from The Ticket!

Congrats Pete.

Truth....Bring it.
I'm online right now.

johnsmith
08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Good.

I've met Peter in person and had a few brief conversations with him and I have to say, he's a good guy. I'm happy for him and hope he does well.

But I won't switch from my Sirius.

2centsworth
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Truth....Bring it.
I'm online right now.

CONGRATS PETE!!!!!

BTW, great name.

timvp
08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Props, PB.

Is 7-9AM a late night show for you or are you actually going to wake up each morning at 5AM? If it is the latter, you should already be asleep so you can prepare for your show :nope

I'm not usually awake at the time of your new show and I don't like sports talk in general anyways but I'll listen for at least a few minutes. Be sure to podcast or youtube the good parts . . .

Oh and Andy Everett is the only person who has ever hosted Game Night React who I thought was worth listening to. The rest of the hosts have been trash for the most part. I've always told Kori to get him on the WOAI Roundtables as much as possible.

Good luck and hopefully you will be able to tell the difference between 88% and 85%.

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Props, PB.

Is 7-9AM a late night show for you or are you actually going to wake up each morning at 5AM? If it is the latter, you should already be asleep so you can prepare for your show :nope

I'm not usually awake at the time of your new show and I don't like sports talk in general anyways but I'll listen for at least a few minutes. Be sure to podcast or youtube the good parts . . .

Oh and Andy Everett is the only person who has ever hosted Game Night React who I thought was worth listening to. The rest of the hosts have been trash for the most part. I've always told Kori to get him on the WOAI Roundtables as much as possible.

Good luck and hopefully you will be able to tell the difference between 88% and 85%.

Yeah, it's going to be a lifestyle change to say the least. But, screw it.
I planning on buy a Macbook Pro, and load more of those things on the webpage. Which means I'll probably do it for the first 2 weeks, then forget about it...

Thanks

CharlieMac
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM
God I hated having to listen to Walter.

I like Andy a lot. I'll give this a shot. Never really heard you. I am not too big on Mike and Mike.

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM

Thanks Kori.
We'll always have the old Spurs Roundtables to remember. Is there a way to get the link or video of any of those?

PeterBurns
08-07-2008, 11:19 PM
God I hated having to listen to Walter.

I like Andy a lot. I'll give this a shot. Never really heard you. I am not too big on Mike and Mike.

Well Andy is the polished one. He's a career radio guy and might not be a stretch to be NBA play-by-play guy one day.

The roles of the show are pretty defined.
Andy is the host. The Pilot
He'll normally be the logical one of the show.

I'm the Wingman, who's just an avid sports fan.

Nbadan
08-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Bet if Stacy was still around Pete wouldn't be getting up at 5 in the am to talk sports....

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2008, 03:33 AM
If he kept Stacey around his name would probably be Peter why does my piss Burns

T Park
08-08-2008, 04:50 AM
I go to work at 8 am and get up at 6:30 to work out so I will definately tune in.

samikeyp
08-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Do you really want more local stuff and in the morning mind you? .

I would. That is why I like the local show up here, it has a great mix of local and national.

As far as the Spurs-related topics Pooh, the Spurs are the only major league-level team in the area, of course they are going to get a lot of run, you know that as well as anyone, bro.

Good luck Pete, on the days I don't work in the morning, I will listen via the magical interwebs.

Taco
08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
HOORAY FOR PETE AND ANDY!!!!! :tu

PeterBurns
08-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Bet if Stacy was still around Pete wouldn't be getting up at 5 in the am to talk sports....

You know what Dan. That's something that's probably true.
I'm been very open here on the site about that whole situation.

She always had opportunities to do this stuff, so I never pursued it.
A few months ago, I took a step back, and told myself that I don't ever want to have any regrets on things I never had the balls to do.

This was one of them. 4 Girls in a Hot Tub was the other.

So regardless if it becomes as great solid show, or the world's worst 2 hour program in the history of modern radio broadcasting, I'll at least say I gave it a shot.

Bigzax
08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
1st off, congrats burns and i hope your new show is good...:tu

but i would be lying if i didn't say i am very disappointed to be losing czabe and dan patrick on my key get ready and drive time hours...:cuss

Bigzax
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
also, any video of that 4 girls in a hot tub thing?

2Blonde
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
You know what Dan. That's something that's probably true.
I'm been very open here on the site about that whole situation.

She always had opportunities to do this stuff, so I never pursued it.
A few months ago, I took a step back, and told myself that I don't ever want to have any regrets on things I never had the balls to do.

This was one of them. 4 Girls in a Hot Tub was the other.

So regardless if it becomes as great solid show, or the world's worst 2 hour program in the history of modern radio broadcasting, I'll at least say I gave it a shot.

Congratulations, Peter ! I think it's great that you're accepting this new challenge.:toast
How many Ticket 760 and/or ESPN 1250 threads can their possible be The Club!? Got damn!

So I'm making one more.

I "predict" the announcement of a Sports Radio Forum would make a lot of posters happy. :tongue

johngateswhiteley
09-03-2008, 03:20 AM

yep.

Kahn Souphanousinphone
09-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Oh crap I thought the announcement was going to be about that the stupid Redneck Booby Jimmy is going to be his own man and stop being that other stupid redneck Mikey Traylor’s YES MAN.

I swear if that Redneck Traylor says something before he finishes his sentence Booby Jimmy is agreeing with him like a lap dog. I keep waiting for his next words to be “you complete me”.

Geez get a room you two inbreeding rednecks.

MoSpur
09-03-2008, 09:06 AM
So far so good Peter. I always rip on you for making of fun of 1250 the Zone for not having their web-site, but your morning show is good. I've tuned in yesterday and today when Mike and Mike go on commercial and its good.

PeterBurns
09-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Mo Spur...Thanks man.
It's preseason, we are still working out the kinks.

I'm working on a few big things that we are finalizing. One that might include people on the site big time. But it's a few months off.

MoSpur
09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, its on its way. I am sure things will turn out alright. I'll be tuning in pretty much everyday on my way to work.