PDA

View Full Version : The Next BIG Investment: Terrell Owens Popcorn

Chris Duel
08-07-2008, 02:57 AM
o3m92t_5h-A&hl

Buddy Holly
08-07-2008, 03:08 AM
IS THAT A ESPN 1250 WEBSITE I SEE POSTED?

http://www.theindependentcontractor.com/alpha/ew_images/Yes_I_do_have_a_question.jpg

NOPE.

Chris Duel
08-09-2008, 12:37 AM
IS THAT A ESPN 1250 WEBSITE I SEE POSTED?

http://www.theindependentcontractor.com/alpha/ew_images/Yes_I_do_have_a_question.jpg

NOPE.

We don't need no stinkin' web site.

We've got YouTube.

V17ES5BZ5xk&hl

FromWayDowntown
08-09-2008, 09:13 AM

We've got YouTube.

And, apparently, SpursTalk.

Will it be much longer before you urge listeners to check out SpursTalk for official announcements for your show and things like that? It certainly does seem an easy way to get around that whole lack of a website thing.

King
08-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I've never seen any website, much less one for a radio station, that would be worth a six month+ wait.

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
In this day and age any company, especially a media company, that lacks a web site is purely obtuse.

how can you properly promote events/schedules without a website?

Also why is there no commercials pimping ESPN125O?

No promoting = no ratings

Kori Ellis
08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sure that Chris wants a website like everyone else. Obviously ESPN isn't putting much into marketing and promoting their station.

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Obviously ESPN isn't putting much into marketing and promoting their station.

Why do you think that is?

Is San Antonio so much of a second rate market that we do not deserve ESPN marketing?

Or is ESPN just waiting to do the marketing shower here once they clean house and bring in a fresh line up possibly Jan of 09?

Anti.Hero
08-09-2008, 01:13 PM
It'd be a lot more marketable if they would actually win after he says it.

bigzak25
08-10-2008, 02:06 AM
the popcone was sweet when watching da fumble on dat field go in 07...and the dropped pass and then int in 08...i'll have it ready again this year fo sho!!!

T Park
08-10-2008, 02:09 AM

We've got YouTube.

Yeah that really works to listen to the shows online.

LIke I said, apparently your station doesn't want listeners.

bigzak25
08-10-2008, 02:14 AM
do online listeners count with those ratings that the ticket posts every other week???

jus wonderin...

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-10-2008, 03:31 AM
do online listeners count with those ratings that the ticket posts every other week???

jus wonderin...

IDK

but thats a moot point since 1250 da zoneeeeeeeee

does not have a website

hahaha

who the hell does not have a website?

i mean, for real...

espn

san antonio

can not get a website running with streaming audio?

LMFAO

hhhhhaaaa

lmao all the way to 760am

get a website 1250......get into the freaking 2000'sssss

Buddy Holly
08-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Why do you think that is?

Is San Antonio so much of a second rate market that we do not deserve ESPN marketing?

Or is ESPN just waiting to do the marketing shower here once they clean house and bring in a fresh line up possibly Jan of 09?

By ESPN, Kori meant BMP Communications, the company that owns 1250 The Zone, not ESPN the network itself.

Buddy Holly
08-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Chris, 4 months ago you were pimping some badass in development site you had seen youself. 4 months later... nothing.

AlamoSpursFan
08-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't know what's more annoying...the fact that ESPN 1250 The Zone doesn't have a website, or the constant whining about it in here. Some of you morons act like the lack of a website is a personal insult. Jesus. It's a RADIO station, it's not a freaking dot com.

Kori Ellis
08-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Chris, 4 months ago you were pimping some badass in development site you had seen youself. 4 months later... nothing.

I don't think Chris ever said he had seen the site mockups himself. But maybe I missed that post.

mommaDONEraisedaTHUG
08-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't know what's more annoying...the fact that ESPN 1250 The Zone doesn't have a website, or the constant whining about it in here. Some of you morons act like the lack of a website is a personal insult. Jesus. It's a RADIO station, it's not a freaking dot com.
A personal insult? Nah.

But it shows a lack of professionalism. Everyone and their mom has a website. Especially companies. and all of the other RADIO stations in the area have WEBSITES, so it would only be fitting that as a new station, ESPN 125O would WANT to be at least on par with the other stations.

They have made it clear that they do not want to be on the same platform as the other stations and thus far, their ratings reflect that.

Good day sir.

pkbpkb81
08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
i love how chris cant say shit becuse he knows its true and he sucks

Evan
08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Don't make fun of Chris...he might send you a nasty PM...

hahahaha

T Park
08-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical shit talking maverick fan.

AlamoSpursFan
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
i love how chris cant say shit becuse he knows its true and he sucks

He'll be sucking at co-hosting the morning show on KENS 5 tomorrow morning.

Somehow, I doubt KENS management would call up someone who SUCKS and ask them to anchor one of their shows.

Idiot.

PakiDan
08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Isn't it funny how Chris mysteriously dissapears when the shit gets a little thick??? He's good for a few semi-tough responses and then POOF... nothing. Time for them testicles to drop Mr. Duel.

AlamoSpursFan
08-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm just guessing here, but since he has to be on tv at 5 am, he's probably sleeping.

AlamoSpursFan
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Scratch that...I misread the post. He's on at 9 am.

I have no clue where the fuck dude is.

:lol

Chris Duel
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Isn't it funny how Chris mysteriously dissapears when the shit gets a little thick??? He's good for a few semi-tough responses and then POOF... nothing. Time for them testicles to drop Mr. Duel.

Hey Puss.

I'm here. I was a little busy traveling back from Cowboys Camp in Oxnard.

Sorry American Airlines didn't have wireless on the airplane and that I didn't check SpursTalk.com for the haters like you before I re-connected with my wife and family after being away for a week.

Here's the deal on the web site...

In February, I was told it would be up by April 1st.

In April, I was told it would be up by July 1st.

In July, I was told we would have it by Football Season.

I do know that my company is investing millions on R & D, and the final web site just isn't here yet.

While a lot of the whiners find the web site something to bitch about, we're the only San Antonio radio station, AM or FM to send its people and its shows to Cowboys Training Camp.

(Okay, props to the Ticket for paying Brad Sham and The Cowboys Radio Network for a pre-existing show that no other market bought. I listen to it and it sounds good. But it's not San Antonio people at Cowboys Camp).

I come in here and I read when I can. When people like Evan want to take a shot at me, I sometimes respond to them with a private message and invite them to talk with me either face-to-face or e-mail me and we can discuss the issues they have with me.

I don't duck anyone PakiDan.

Some Ass accused me of "ejaculating" on Jerry Jones when I interviewed him at Cowboys Camp on Friday. I responded in kind immediately. Kori intervened (probably rightfully so), but if you catch me in the right mood and punch me, I might not be in the mood to turn the other cheek.

PakiDan, "when the shit gets thick?" Seriously?

Do me a favor. POST YOUR REAL NAME AND E-MAIL AND OCCUPATION.

Here's mine...

Name: Chris Duel

E-Mail: [email protected]

Somehow I doubt that the hating, cowardly trolls would legitimately do the same.

Peace.

AlamoSpursFan
08-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Cue the pussified, computer only, tough-guy holier-than-thou responses in 5...4...3...2...

PakiDan
08-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Puss.

I'm here. I was a little busy traveling back from Cowboys Camp in Oxnard.

Sorry American Airlines didn't have wireless on the airplane and that I didn't check SpursTalk.com for the haters like you before I re-connected with my wife and family after being away for a week.

Here's the deal on the web site...

In February, I was told it would be up by April 1st.

In April, I was told it would be up by July 1st.

In July, I was told we would have it by Football Season.

I do know that my company is investing millions on R & D, and the final web site just isn't here yet.

While a lot of the whiners find the web site something to bitch about, we're the only San Antonio radio station, AM or FM to send its people and its shows to Cowboys Training Camp.

(Okay, props to the Ticket for paying Brad Sham and The Cowboys Radio Network for a pre-existing show that no other market bought. I listen to it and it sounds good. But it's not San Antonio people at Cowboys Camp).

I come in here and I read when I can. When people like Evan want to take a shot at me, I sometimes respond to them with a private message and invite them to talk with me either face-to-face or e-mail me and we can discuss the issues they have with me.

I don't duck anyone PakiDan.

Some Ass accused me of "ejaculating" on Jerry Jones when I interviewed him at Cowboys Camp on Friday. I responded in kind immediately. Kori intervened (probably rightfully so), but if you catch me in the right mood and punch me, I might not be in the mood to turn the other cheek.

PakiDan, "when the shit gets thick?" Seriously?

Do me a favor. POST YOUR REAL NAME AND E-MAIL AND OCCUPATION.

Here's mine...

Name: Chris Duel

E-Mail: [email protected]

Somehow I doubt that the hating, cowardly trolls would legitimately do the same.

Peace.

Props on the response. In actuality, I'm not a hater... I actually quite enjoy your show, just making a comment on a trend I have noticed. The only problem I have with you is that you tend to do a little fence sitting and sucking up, but I can't say that I wouldn't do exactly the same thing... but then again, I'm not a radio talk show host. I'm actually quite proud of you for posting such a fiery response. It shows me that you do have a bit of a backbone. Kind of restores my faith in you. Like I said, I am actually (generally) a fan... show some of that resolve to the actual haters and we can call it a good day.

Name: Daniel Mochen

Email: [email protected]

Occupation: (Former) Business Development Manager for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on NBC. Now - Sabatical due to Heart Issues, but hope to be working again real soon.

Good Day

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:05 PM
(Okay, props to the Ticket for paying Brad Sham and The Cowboys Radio Network for a pre-existing show that no other market bought. I listen to it and it sounds good. But it's not San Antonio people at Cowboys Camp)..

Hey Chris

All kidding aside (relax man) what's the deal with this? Could you explain this in more detail?

Chris Duel
08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
The only problem I have with you is that you tend to do a little fence sitting and sucking up, but I can't say that I wouldn't do exactly the same thing...

Okay.

Props for your posting your actual data.

Now I have to address the above quote...

First, "Fence Sitting?" Seriously? Have you listened to the show?

I slam Kobe Bryant for being an (alleged) RAPIST and I affirm Jerry Jones and Skip Bayless for being GOLDEN GODS.

I honestly don't think I'm a Fence Sitter, but I do understand that Perception is Reality.

Regarding, "sucking up," I have been accused of this since I began in radio in 1997. I understand the charge. A lot of people don't do what I do to the extent that I do it on air.

But here's my explanation: what you call "sucking up" I call AFFIRMATION.

When I am impressed by someone's talent or passion, whether it's an athlete, broadcaster, caller or Mouse, I say it and I say it in a Big Way. When I worked with Charlie Parker, he frequently called me a "suck up" on air.

I get it.

But I don't agree with it.

We live in an extremely cynical culture. Just read on this board. The first move for most people is to trash one another and threat them like shit. That's not my nature. My first instinct is to affirm those who are authentic and good.

Granted, I fail often. I come in here and read haters like Evan choosing to shit on people at every turn and the shadow side of me wants to punch back. Sometimes I do. When I do, he wins. I have descended to his immature, unevolved, moronic level.

I clearly haven't passed the test yet. I haven't evolved to a level where the haters can't drag me down.

But I'm working on it.

And I aspire to transcend such cretins before I leave this world.

Bottomline: if my penalty for affirming people I appreciate is to be called a "suckup," I'll take it.

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I come in here and read haters like Evan choosing to shit on people at every turn and the shadow side of me wants to punch back. Sometimes I do. When I do, he wins. I have descended to his immature, unevolved, moronic level.

hah...man cmon...you have dished it to me as much as I have to you and I have never taken it seriously and you shouldn't either.

I haven't shit on anyone else besides you and every single time I was kidding but I kept poking the stick since you reacted so extremely.

AlamoSpursFan
08-11-2008, 10:23 PM
He is Chris Duel, and he affirms this message.

Sincerely,
Deepak Chopra

Chris Duel
08-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Chris

All kidding aside (relax man) what's the deal with this? Could you explain this in more detail?

Evan,

An actual, legitimate question. I'm a little stunned.

Okay, here's what I know...

The Dallas Cowboys Radio Network offered the show from Cowboys Camp with Brad Sham, Mickey Spagnola and others to all of their affiliates.

No stations bought it (perhaps because of its time slot from 2-3pm) except for Ticket 760. Many of the Cowboys affiliates aren't Sports or News talk stations, so it is understandable that a music station wouldn't buy it.

Ticket 760 should be commended for buying it.

When it was the only station that signed up, it became, in effect, a San Antonio-only show.

However, it was ironic the first week when Nate Newton said he couldn't understand why the Cowboys would ever leave Oxnard and train again in S.A., then a San Antonio caller protested, causing Brad Sham to say, "we have to remember who we are broadcasting to."

Again, it's a very good show. I listen when I am in town, when I can.

But... unlike The Ticket, ESPN 1250 chose to send its shows and its people to Cowboys Camp. For a station that didn't exist before February 11th to do that (while Ticket 760 did not) is significant and revealing in my eyes.

Yes, Clear Channel has The Cowboys (for now - don't forget that KTSA had them three years ago and BMP Radio could have them in the near future).

But that doesn't mean we won't strive to bring better Cowboys coverage than they can provide.

We're the underdogs.

We get that.

We relish that.

We'll work harder.

And we'll beat them before long (they'll scoff at this... but I hope the DO underestimate us).

Chris Duel
08-11-2008, 10:27 PM
hah...man cmon...you have dished it to me as much as I have to you and I have never taken it seriously and you shouldn't either.

I haven't shit on anyone else besides you and every single time I was kidding but I kept poking the stick since you reacted so extremely.

Okay.

Fair enough.

Maybe you caught me on the wrong nights. Or maybe it was the beer.

If I was wrong, I erase all of the above.

PakiDan
08-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Okay.

Props for your posting your actual data.

Now I have to address the above quote...

First, "Fence Sitting?" Seriously? Have you listened to the show?

I slam Kobe Bryant for being an (alleged) RAPIST and I affirm Jerry Jones and Skip Bayless for being GOLDEN GODS.

I honestly don't think I'm a Fence Sitter, but I do understand that Perception is Reality.

Regarding, "sucking up," I have been accused of this since I began in radio in 1997. I understand the charge. A lot of people don't do what I do to the extent that I do it on air.

But here's my explanation: what you call "sucking up" I call AFFIRMATION.

When I am impressed by someone's talent or passion, whether it's an athlete, broadcaster, caller or Mouse, I say it and I say it in a Big Way. When I worked with Charlie Parker, he frequently called me a "suck up" on air.

I get it.

But I don't agree with it.

We live in an extremely cynical culture. Just read on this board. The first move for most people is to trash one another and threat them like shit. That's not my nature. My first instinct is to affirm those who are authentic and good.

Granted, I fail often. I come in here and read haters like Evan choosing to shit on people at every turn and the shadow side of me wants to punch back. Sometimes I do. When I do, he wins. I have descended to his immature, unevolved, moronic level.

I clearly haven't passed the test yet. I haven't evolved to a level where the haters can't drag me down.

But I'm working on it.

And I aspire to transcend such cretins before I leave this world.

Bottomline: if my penalty for affirming people I appreciate is to be called a "suckup," I'll take it.

Thank you for your reply

Sincerely,

Puss

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Evan,

An actual, legitimate question. I'm a little stunned.

I have my moments. :lol

The Dallas Cowboys Radio Network offered the show from Cowboys Camp with Brad Sham, Mickey Spagnola and others to all of their affiliates.

Brad Sham is awesome at what he does, Mickey is a little weird at times but I like him.

However, it was ironic the first week when Nate Newton said he couldn't understand why the Cowboys would ever leave Oxnard and train again in S.A., then a San Antonio caller protested, causing Brad Sham to say, "we have to remember who we are broadcasting to."

9 year contract from what I remember to which Stephen Jones said is iron clad. God knows how much money is involved for them to commit to 9 years.

Yes, Clear Channel has The Cowboys (for now - don't forget that KTSA had them three years ago and BMP Radio could have them in the near future).

I'm pretty confused by this but I am sure it gets complicated so only PD's understand it as "The Official Station of the Dallas Cowboys" is 1310 the Ticket in Dallas (the first ticket) and their Cumulus.

We're the underdogs.

We get that.

We relish that.

We'll work harder.

And we'll beat them before long (they'll scoff at this... but I hope the DO underestimate us).

Here is required daily reading for you

Enjoy this little gem

http://kevinburnettblog.dallasnews.com/

You should try to get Jason Witten or Terrence Newman on, their interview Gold although Newman may have exclusive interview rights with SIRIUS now.

Thanks for the explanation Chris :toast

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Okay.

Fair enough.

Maybe you caught me on the wrong nights. Or maybe it was the beer.

If I was wrong, I erase all of the above.

I may have let the beer get to me a few times as well

:toast

-cease fire-

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I wish we had a real beer glass emoticon for "cheers" expressions...wine guy is a little gay

GoGatos
08-11-2008, 10:41 PM
You should try to get Jason Witten or Terrence Newman on, their interview Gold although Newman may have exclusive interview rights with SIRIUS now.

Not exclusive with Sirius...

Terrance Newman show every Wednesday at 5:30 on STSA on Ticket760... announced it in this forum a few weeks ago...

ALSO, every Tuesday on SA's First News on WOAI is the Jerry Jones show. There will also be a Wade Phillips show once a week on WOAI in the mornings as well.

BTW, this isn't something they offer to all affiliates. To my knowledge, there are only 3 stations in the state of Texas that get market-exclusive interviews with Jerry, Wade and a Cowboys player (in this case T-New): The Ticket in Dallas, WOAI/Ticket760.

And props to BMP for sending their shows to Oxnard... It's more fun to fight when the other team has weapons. :ihit

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:44 PM

Terrance Newman show every Wednesday at 5:30 on STSA on Ticket760... announced it in this forum a few weeks ago...

Ah, good work then.

That sumbitch speaks his mind. I love that dude. There was a great moment on SIRIUS last year where he got into it with Adam Shine when breaking down the NFC East.

PakiDan
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I may have let the beer get to me a few times as well

:toast

-cease fire-

GAY. Talk about fence sitting....

Evan
08-11-2008, 10:53 PM
GAY. Talk about fence sitting....

If it was "GAY," it would be someone sitting on a fence now would it?

GoGatos
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
If it was "GAY," it would be someone sitting on a fence now would it?

If they were GAY, they'd be sitting on the fence POST.

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 02:45 AM

:lmao

marini martini
08-12-2008, 02:50 AM

Still up? Can't sleep while trying to dodge the bullets??? Awww sorry:(

Evan
08-12-2008, 06:38 AM

exactly

dawn
08-12-2008, 07:16 AM

ALSO, every Tuesday on SA's First News on WOAI is the Jerry Jones show. There will also be a Wade Phillips show once a week on WOAI in the mornings as well.

BTW, this isn't something they offer to all affiliates. To my knowledge, there are only 3 stations in the state of Texas that get market-exclusive interviews with Jerry, Wade and a Cowboys player (in this case T-New): The Ticket in Dallas, WOAI/Ticket760.

And props to BMP for sending their shows to Oxnard... It's more fun to fight when the other team has weapons. :ihit

The shows are all offered to affiliates. KTSA had no space for them when they had the Cowboys, but in fact in some sales deals, they are REQUIRED play in order to obtain the Cowboys contract. That was why several stations let the Cowboys go, because they did not want or have room for all of the other shows that the Cowboys required you to carry in order to have their broadcast rights. I know this not with just KTSA, but with two other stations in Texas as well

mouse
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
When I first met Chris Duel he was the MC of the river center comedy club his job was to prop the next comic so that you felt if you stayed for one more show you were going to laugh your ass off.

In order to do that he had to embellish and exaggerated in order to make you feel your in for the laugh of your life. it was his job. Just like it's O'riley Job to say "Caution! your about to enter the no spin zone"!

Just like when that asshole say's before the Boxing match "get ready to Rumble" he has no idea if the boxing is going to suck. and neither does Chris Duel if the next comic will suck.

But it's all part of the job description. How many of you reading this kiss ass everyday?

You have a job? You must kiss your bosses ass. you post here? You must kiss Kori's ass.
Jim Bob aka GoGatos kisses Mike Taylor's ass, Dawn kisses Jason's ass, Alamo Spurs fans kisses Dawn' ass and President Bush kisses China's ass and so on....so you people need to look in the mirror before you tell another person about kissing ass.

What kind of world would we live in if everyone stopped kissing ass?

I must admit Chris Duel does get out of character and in an unprofessional way he will send you a very nasty email or Pm I was a victim of a few myself.

But who here has ever been ridiculed on a daily basis and can not get upset from time to time?

What many of you don't know and should be talking about is Chris duel came with in minutes of losing his job for playing some sound bite of Michael Buffer
"Let's Get Ready To Rumble ..."

here is a man that sued BMP radio Chris Duel playing a sound clip with him in it. Talk about freedom of speech rights being taken away? I guess every time I play the MLK "Free at last" sound clip, I should get sued by Greg More? I hope Chris Duel does not let this asshat get away with bulling people.

Either way unless you have met Chris Duel in person you can't really judge him nor can you Judge Jerry Jones unless you meet him alone in a parking lot like Chris Duel has.

And if this looks like I am kissing Chris Duel's ass? let me finish off the salad tossing by saying he will be on KENS TV 9 AM great day SA show.

Sincerely: Mark Allen O'Connor
retired Army
8727 Fredericksburg rd
210-561-9941

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Still up? Can't sleep while trying to dodge the bullets??? Awww sorry:(

Gotta get up early to keep pinche La Migra and the DEA away from my A/C stash.

johnsmith
LMAO at how sensitive Duel is.

And LMAO at AlamoSpursFan really kissing some ass in every radio thread.

Evan
When it comes to Jerry Jones…that guy is so media savvy its impossible to not like the guy. There may not be a franchise on the planet that is better with the media than the Cowboys. That’s why Hard Knocks is there twice. And his oldest son is becoming the same way.

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Alamo Spurs fans kisses Dawn' ass

Prove it, rodent!

pkbpkb81
08-12-2008, 09:40 AM
He'll be sucking at co-hosting the morning show on KENS 5 tomorrow morning.

Somehow, I doubt KENS management would call up someone who SUCKS and ask them to anchor one of their shows.

Idiot.

hay jack ass are you on chris pay roll or just his bitch, by the way have you watched anything on kens thay do suck

hi my name is alamo if you say something bad about my boyfriend chris i will cry and call you names on the thread

the zone may be good when it gets rid of the woai reject

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
So I'm just supposed to sit back and watch while you idiots slag a man I'm not only a fan of, but who I consider a friend?

Go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut. jack ass.

GoGatos
08-12-2008, 10:51 AM
The shows are all offered to affiliates. KTSA had no space for them when they had the Cowboys, but in fact in some sales deals, they are REQUIRED play in order to obtain the Cowboys contract. That was why several stations let the Cowboys go, because they did not want or have room for all of the other shows that the Cowboys required you to carry in order to have their broadcast rights. I know this not with just KTSA, but with two other stations in Texas as well

Really...so all affiliates decided, "You know what? I think we'll pass on a weekly interview with the owner, the head coach, and a star player for the Cowboys."

Fact: The Cowboys DID NOT offer the Jones, Phillips and Newman interviews to all of their affiliates. And they are NOT required to run those interviews in order to have the rights to Cowboys games.

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 10:56 AM
She didn't say "all affiliates", junior.

Read it again.

Maybe Clear Channel would let you intern with Dawn for a week or two so you can see how a REAL radio producer works.

GoGatos
08-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The shows are all offered to affiliates.

That's what it sounded like to me. And yeah, that internship sounds like fun. After all, I'm not a REAL producer yet, I'm just the executive producer of the #1 afternoon drive talk show among men 25-54 in the entire market with the ratings to back it up.

Thanks for playing.

(Not a shot at Dawn, who's work I respect, but a shot at ASF for taking a shot at my work.)

pkbpkb81
08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
oh no someone said something about dawn here comes that little bitch alamo

BANSTICK
08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for playing.

don't steal spursreports taglines punk. you've been warned!

pkbpkb81
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
So I'm just supposed to sit back and watch while you idiots slag a man I'm not only a fan of, but who I consider a friend?
and i love him
Go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut. jack ass.

just because you hear someone on the radio or even call there show doesn't make them your friend,

jimbob gave me mission tickets and spurs tickets were best friends um no I won a radio contest that's it

go make real friends and stop being a bitch.

dawn
08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
All I know is what our experience was and what that of other affiliates is. When we had them, you were required by the Cowboys to play Jerry's show and the Coach's show. Just like Texas Motor Speedway show which you carry REQUIRES you to carry not just their show, but their 15 minute race recap or pit show at some point during the week. I dont know what the Cowboys deal is with you all, but I do know what it was with KTSA, and what it is with several other affiliates right now...that's all I am saying.

GoGatos
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
All I know is what our experience was and what that of other affiliates is. When we had them, you were required by the Cowboys to play Jerry's show and the Coach's show. Just like Texas Motor Speedway show which you carry REQUIRES you to carry not just their show, but their 15 minute race recap or pit show at some point during the week. I dont know what the Cowboys deal is with you all, but I do know what it was with KTSA, and what it is with several other affiliates right now...that's all I am saying.

You're right on the TMS show. As far as the Cowboys are concerned though, we did not have the Jerry, Wade or player shows last year. Even though we were an affiliate, those shows were not offered to us. This year, however, the Cowboys said they wanted to make WOAI/Ticket760 more of a "South Texas Flagship" and offered those shows to us. We were already running Talkin' Cowboys last season, so that was nothing new for this season.

It's quite possible they changed some of their policies or whatever regarding how they deal with affiliates prior to their agreement with us last season, but media people in Dallas that Taylor and I both know were suprised to hear we had those shows. Therefore, I assumed it's not normal for Jerry to give an affiliate outside of Dallas the kind of access he's giving us.

PakiDan
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Either way unless you have met Chris Duel in person you can't really judge him nor can you Judge Jerry Jones unless you meet him alone in a parking lot like Chris Duel has.

Mouse, mouse, mouse.... I expected more from you. Well - actually I didn't. Maybe I used the wrong words when I said that Duel kissed ass. What I should have said is that at times he lacks resolve. I can't count that number of times that he would state his opinion only to say "Hmm, I can see it that way" When a caller calls in with a different opinion. Before you jump in with the defense, Yes, doing this is perfectly ok, if your occupation is mediation... but he's a radio talk show host. Alot of people listen to Rush Limbaugh not because they think he is right, but it's entertaining to listen to him stubbornly stick to his guns no matter how wrong the caller feels he is. And you are completely wrong when you say that we can't really judge him... Sure we can. When you choose a profession that puts you in the middle ring of the public circus, that's one of the monkeys you have to carry. If you're going to get bent about it, become a plumber.It's his job to entertain, and ours to like him, or not. That's the whole point of his position. He is going to get criticised, and he should damn well expect it. In fact in some circles, the amount of haters you have is a direct gauge to your success. He should relish and savor the haters... it means he is successful. Again - I am actually a fan... I should have known that when I commented on Chris' testicles that you would come attached as part of the package.

Sincerely,

Horace P. McTitties

P.S. - I've met Jerry Jones too... alone pre-game on the sideline 2 years ago at Dallas Stadium Monday night Football, Giants Vs. Cowboys. We talked for a good 5 minutes. Can I have a radio show too?

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 11:35 PM
just because you hear someone on the radio or even call there show doesn't make them your friend,

jimbob gave me mission tickets and spurs tickets were best friends um no I won a radio contest that's it

go make real friends and stop being a bitch.

Apparently, you're right.

I'll stop being a bitch now.

Thank you for setting me straight.

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 11:50 PM
(Not a shot at Dawn, who's work I respect, but a shot at ASF for taking a shot at my work.)

You're right. I hereby retract the shot at your work. I've never actually heard any of it, so my comment was unfounded and uncalled for.

My apologies.

Keep up the (I assume) good work.

I'll not bother the board with my obviously unpopular opinions on radio anymore. Y'all win. Long live the Tickrah.

Chris Duel
08-13-2008, 12:20 AM
You're right. I hereby retract the shot at your work. I've never actually heard any of it, so my comment was unfounded and uncalled for.

My apologies.

Keep up the (I assume) good work.

I'll not bother the board with my obviously unpopular opinions on radio anymore. Y'all win. Long live the Tickrah.

Wow.

That was easy.

A little squaking by trolls and Jim Bob and you raise the white flag.

Mouse, John Kerry and Julian Castro are stunned by your flip-flopping.

:downspin:

AlamoSpursFan
08-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Wow.

That was easy.

A little squaking by trolls and Jim Bob and you raise the white flag.

Mouse, John Kerry and Julian Castro are stunned by your flip-flopping.

:downspin:

Sweet.

All of the abuse and ridicule I've subjected myself to over the years supporting and defending someone I genuinely like and respect gets me a big Comedy Boy "Fuck You" when I throw up my hands in frustration.

Very nice.

mouse
08-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Sweet.

All of the abuse and ridicule I've subjected myself to over the years supporting and defending someone I genuinely like and respect gets me a big Comedy Boy "Fuck You" when I throw up my hands in frustration.

Very nice.

Tell me about it brah!
I don't post for 2 1/2 weeks (due to my st boycott) and when I finally do ?

it's a long post about how we should not judge Chris Duel, and he calls me a flip flopper, wtf?

pkbpkb81
08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Duel thanks your all mindless puppets that will follow him to what ever am radio station he works at next (are there any left for him) you keep flowing him he keeps getting jobs then dumps on you on a message board nice