Maybe they're blinded
But Bret seems ageless
We shall survive, playoff bound
Four Hundred Forty two TDs and counting
Hear the solid wall of sound

Bret and the Jets

Jimcs50
08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
I think the #4 Jets jersey will be the best selling jersey in the NFL this year....yathink?

rascal
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
This is way over hyped.

Jimcs50
08-08-2008, 08:53 AM
This is way over hyped.

Maybe so, but when have Jets fans had any reason to get excited in the last 35 years??? Bret gives them reason and also sort of over shadows the Giants for the first time since Namath.

I am excited and I am not a Jets fan, but I want them to make the playoffs.

That 2nd game of the season against the Pats will be a very interesting, to say the least.

MajorMike
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
I think the #4 Jets jersey will be the best selling jersey in the NFL this year....yathink?

I heard it more than doubled the largest one-day jersey sale ever record in its first day - something over 3,000 jerseys in 8 hours on NFL.com

Oh, and it is Brett, by the way.

SAtown
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Maybe so, but when have Jets fans had any reason to get excited in the last 35 years???

They went to the AFC Championship in 98 and lost to the Donks, 02 was very promising as Pennington had his best year (pre-surgeries) and they lost to the Raiders in Divisional playoffs. Then there was the 04 season, when Doug Brien missed 2 FGs to knock out the Steelers (15-1 iirc) and meet NE in the AFC Championship game.

So yeah, they were little things but I understand what you're saying. For the first time ever, they're talking about the Jets in August.