PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson: Mavs Window is Closed

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Magic Johnson was nice enough to chat with the media when he visited the Dallas Cowboys' training camp today. Sorry, MFFLs, but you won't like what he said about Dallas' basketball team.

Magic talked a lot about how the Cowboys could recover from last season's playoff failure to become Super Bowl champions. He was discussing how precious legitimate championship chances are when he dropped in this little nugget on the Mavs.

"You saw the Dallas Mavericks had that window, and that window closed on them," Magic said. "So it can close real fast."
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/magic-johnson-mavericks-window-has-close.html

Findog
08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
It's closed. It can always reopen -- see Rockets/Artest, Lakers/Gasol.

JamStone
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Yea, if the Mavericks can get Artest and Gasol, it will be open again.

Findog
08-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Yea, if the Mavericks can get Artest and Gasol, it will be open again.

I don't think it even has to be another All-Star. Maybe another player of the caliber of Jason Terry, but with a different skillset that they actually need.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-07-2008, 11:12 AM
At least their window was open at some point :lol The Nuggets haven't even found the latch yet :depressed

hater
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Maybe they should trade for Devin Harris :lol

Red Hawk #21
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
So far the Kidd trade is looking like that team's downfall but let's see how they fare this season first.

Shank
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Magic wouldn't have had the chance to make those comments if his AIDS didn't prevent him from going to China.

TheProfessor
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Magic wouldn't have had the chance to make those comments if his AIDS didn't prevent him from going to China.
Classy.

JamStone
08-07-2008, 12:20 PM
"I got more flavors than 7-11 slurpees. If Magic can admit he got AIDS, fuck it, I got herpes."

QalWgriTPOo

lefty
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM

Huh ?????

urunobili
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM

why wouldn't he be able to to? they don't give the visa or something?:nope

RonMexico
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
It would have been better if he compared these windows to his own personal life: "most people would have thought my window closed when I got HIV...but I've been gettin laid more than eva, ya know!"

etc.

monosylab1k
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Magic isn't all HIV'ed up anymore. He got cured of that shit a while ago.

monosylab1k
08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
why wouldn't he be able to to? they don't give the visa or something?:nope

They didn't want him spreading the ol' Ass Injected Death Sentence.

not that it matters, he doesn't have it. he'll live to be a healthy 80+ year old man who dies of natural causes and not AIDS.

MajorMike
China's maintains HIV-AIDS entry ban despite Olympic scrutiny
Jul 30, 2008

BEIJING (AFP) — China has defied calls to lift its ban on foreign visitors with HIV-AIDS ahead of the Olympics, highlighting a restriction that critics say fuels prejudice against those with the disease.

Despite last week removing a ban on visitors with leprosy entering the country -- a move state media highlighted ahead of next month's Games -- the long-time block on people with HIV or AIDS remains in place.

The ban would mean that basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson -- who won an Olympic gold with the US "Dream Team" in Barcelona in 1992 a year after announcing he had contracted HIV -- would not be allowed entry to Beijing as a tourist.

Ghazi
Magic hates the Mavs, his opinion is worthless!

RonMexico
08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
They didn't want him spreading the ol' Ass Injected Death Sentence.

not that it matters, he doesn't have it. he'll live to be a healthy 80+ year old man who dies of natural causes and not AIDS.

Technically, nobody really dies of AIDS. They die of "pneumonia caused by a weakened immune system" or something like that.

Rappin' Shaq
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Every team in the league's window closed
16 playoff wins, Shaq Fu got those
STD's are a baller's life, that's my rap
I give a ho a car after she gives me the clap

Findog
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I love Rappin' Shaq

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I love Rappin' Shaq

+1. Best troll in a long time.

koriwhat
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
mavs never had a "window" of opportunity... they've always just sucked or better yet choked.

stretch
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Every team in the league's window closed
16 playoff wins, Shaq Fu got those
STD's are a baller's life, that's my rap
I give a ho a car after she gives me the clap

That is one of the worst games ever made. Ask the Angry Video Game Nerd.

sribb43
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm surprised Magic was able to put a thought together and it actually makes sense, instead of stumbling all over his words

Magic_Johnson
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM

wtf ??

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
wtf ??

I think he means that if he weren't HIV positive he'd be in Beijing for the Olympics instead of checking out the Cowboys training camp and making these comments to Dallas reporters.

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
The Mavs never had a window. Not with Dirk as their 'superstar'

Findog
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
The Mavs never had a window. Not with Dirk as their 'superstar'

Are the Lakers going to repeat this year? What will they do for an encore after whipping the Celtics in six games?

Findog
08-07-2008, 03:17 PM
mavs never had a "window" of opportunity... they've always just sucked or better yet choked.

Whatsamatta, still got sand in your vagina?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/567468012_dbb3572384.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1147/1020866121_dbf17e334a.jpg

Cue the Four Rings retort...

angelbelow
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
yup.

koriwhat
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
this big, anything more and i might choke.
http://bp1.blogger.com/__LJv4LyMFAc/Ra5M6YL8Q7I/AAAAAAAAAsA/o7Z4O0zbfxA/s400/Dirk.jpg

crickets...
http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/gems/dallas-mavericks-nba-champs-2006.jpg

i dont have to remind you of anything....

ps: bill walton's a big pile of shit!

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Are the Lakers going to repeat this year? What will they do for an encore after whipping the Celtics in six games?

Are the Mavs going to threepeat first round exit this year? Lottery looks just as likely at this point.

Findog
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
ps: bill walton's a big pile of shit!

Right, and I'm so hurt because I'm a huge Blazers and Bill Walton fan.

You're a clueless fuck.

Findog
08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Are the Mavs going to threepeat first round exit this year?

Can you bump the thread where I proclaimed us beating the Hornets?

Lottery looks just as likely at this point.

Not after Denver and Golden State dismantled their teams.

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Can you bump the thread where I proclaimed us beating the Hornets?

Well at least the Lakers didn't hilariously choke to an eight seed while rocking their #1 seed.

Not after Denver and Golden State dismantled their teams.

Portland.

At least Denver still has some youth. Dallas just sucks and they're getting older by the second.

Gunnery Sgt Hartman
08-07-2008, 04:27 PM
21 Blessings, you disgust me you maggot! I oughta rip your balls off so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world!

Findog
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Well at least the Lakers didn't hilariously choke to an eight seed while rocking their #1 seed.

Right, they waited until the Finals, where they dropped an even bigger turd: blowing a 24-point lead in G4 and then going out like the meek little women they are in G6. At least the Mavs didn't quit like bitches against Miami.

Portland.

Can you count? Denver and Golden State both took major steps backward, only Portland has improved enough to claim one of those last playoff spots.

At least Denver still has some youth.

JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony. Pardon me if I'm not impressed.

Dallas just sucks and they're getting older by the second.

No, they're merely a good team, not a great team. And it wouldn't take much to change that. Maybe we'll get lucky and acquire an All-Star for nothing through collusion.

Even if my team ends up sucking, I'm still Findog and you're still 21 Blessings. I'd rather root for the Oklahoma City Bombers and watch them go 20-62 than be 21 Blessings and root for the Lakers. Your team might not suck but you always will.

The Third Man
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I hate the Mavs and all and think Dirk is a 7 foot vagina, but their window is not closed. They play good defense and have one of the top 10 players in the league. Rick Carlisle is an improvement over Avery and the team should have a chip on their shoulder. If they Jedi mind trick a team to get another shooter then they are right back in the contender mix. As it is, they still have a good shot to win 50 games.

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Right, they waited until the Finals, where they dropped an even bigger turd: blowing a 24-point lead in G4 and then going out like the meek little women they are in G6. At least the Mavs didn't quit like bitches against Miami.

Lakers steamrolled the toughest Western Conference ever and lost to one of the greatest defensive teams ever statiscally that had 3 hall of famers within their prime years.

Lol. The Mavs blew a what, 14 point 4th quarter and 2-1 series lead? Thats the definition of quitting and choking. Dirk is use to that. Not to mention, that Miami team was garbage.

Can you count? Denver and Golden State both took major steps backward, only Portland has improved enough to claim one of those last playoff spots.

Can you see? J-Ho is only going to smoke more strain. Kidd is only going to get worse. Terry is only going to get worse. Dampier is only going to get worse. Dallas has been taking major steps backwards the past 3 years. Denver making the playoffs is just as likely as Dallas at this point.

JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony. Pardon me if I'm not impressed.

Both will most likely get better. That Carmelo guy sure is terrible though.

rj215
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
The tiny window that the Mavs had was shut and boarded up after they choked to the Heat and then got their nuts handed to them by the Warriors.

Findog
08-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Lakers steamrolled the toughest Western Conference ever and lost to one of the greatest defensive teams ever statiscally that had 3 hall of famers within their prime years.

Yeah, you steamrolled the conference alright. You beat one shitty team, one good team, and another team whose second-best player had a busted ankle. What the Lakers accomplished last year was impressive, but not mind-blowing. But that's the difference between yourself and I: I can evaluate things objectively. You're just here to talk shit, and your shit talking sucks.

Lol. The Mavs blew a what, 14 point 4th quarter and 2-1 series lead? Thats the definition of quitting and choking. Dirk is use to that. Not to mention, that Miami team was garbage.

You must not have watched that series I guess for you to spout off on something you know nothing about. Mavs left everything on the floor for the final two games. Every Laker except for Kobe looked scared and was literally quivering. You could tell they couldn't wait to get back to their chartered plane since they had no intention of competing in Game 6.

Denver making the playoffs is just as likely as Dallas at this point.

I tell you what: if Denver makes the playoffs and Dallas doesn't, I'll never post here again. If that doesn't happen, you go away. Major injuries to key players affect the bet.

Both will most likely get better. That Carmelo guy sure is terrible though.

They're both talented and immature head cases. Carmelo is a one-dimensional player. He does ONE thing very, very well, and everything else he's useless at. Maybe one day he'll figure it out, but if you value Carmelo over Dirk, and for more than just his much younger birth date, then that says it all about you and your acumen for basketball.

Findog
08-07-2008, 05:05 PM
We got about an 8 year window buddy. Bynum 20, Farmar 21, Ariza 22, Pau 27, Kobe 30, The Machine 24. Its going to be the 80's all over again...:lol

You have a 4-year window. Kobe is not going to be the same player at 38. Bynum at his best won't be better than Alonzo Mourning, and he's already had two major knee injuries. Lakers are sitting pretty, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

koriwhat
08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
You're a clueless fuck.

you're a mavs fan... clueless fan? atleast the team i'm a fan of isn't full of pussies and wannabe gangsters who choke in the 1st round 2 yrs in a row and before those 2 yrs choke in the finals up 2-0. you're just a bitter loser. 'nuff said.

Findog
08-07-2008, 05:17 PM
you're a mavs fan... clueless fan?

Why did you put a question mark at the end? Here's a newsflash: not all Mavs fans are 14 year old girls wearing pink Dirk jerseys, or Highland Park trophy wives that don't know the first thing about basketball. By the same token, not every Spurs fan is an obese ESL'er.

atleast the team i'm a fan of isn't full of pussies and wannabe gangsters who choke in the 1st round 2 yrs in a row and before those 2 yrs choke in the finals up 2-0.

What are you, 14 years old? I didn't choose my team. You didn't either unless you're a bandwagoning douche. It's always funny when people take personal credit for what their team accomplishes. I was lucky to grow up a Cowboys fan and witness Three Super Bowl titles, I've been unlucky to watch the Mavs and Rangers continually fall short. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometime.

you're just a bitter loser. 'nuff said

No, I just defend my team within reason. You'd do the same. If I were bitter, I wouldn't post on a Spurs board. You're just a clueless fuck that has nothing original or insightful to offer.

RonMexico
08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Something like that...

Oh yeah, you're right. They die of "pneumonia caused during homosexual intercourse"

RonMexico
08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Hahahahahaha ESL'er.

No, I mean: ESL'er?

anakha
08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
We got about an 8 year window buddy.

Kobe 30

Error. Does not compute.

Findog
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I wasntt even thinking Kobe. We have a decent point guard that will eventually be a pretty good starter, and a young big man that has unlimited potential. Those two have 10-15 years left of play. Weve already secured our future with those two once Kobe slows down or bolts for EU. In other words... we wont have a rebuilding year after Kobe, were already set.

Oh, and if Bynum turns out as good as Mourning, then you could add his name to the list of retired Hall of Famers:toast

Kobe is the only franchise player on your roster. Bynum might one day be a franchise player, but so far I've only seen All-Star potential out of him.

RonMexico
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I started thinking that LA has a window only as wide as Pau and Sasha's assholes. Then I realized they're lovers and I became scared very quickly. Then I realized they both have small dicks and so the window is probably very small.

Findog
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Everything depends on Bynum. The Celtics exposed the donut hole that is the Lakers interior defense. On paper he and Ariza shore up their defense. Otherwise, the Lakers were lucky to get past San Antonio with Manu hurt, and other teams won't be afraid of them next year. They can be beaten.

xtremesteven33
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
:lmao

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, you steamrolled the conference alright. You beat one shitty team, one good team, and another team whose second-best player had a busted ankle. What the Lakers accomplished last year was impressive, but not mind-blowing. But that's the difference between yourself and I: I can evaluate things objectively. You're just here to talk shit, and your shit talking sucks.

Oooh, the 'busted' ankle excuse. The Lakers didn't even have their starting center. Fact is the Lakers curbstomped the defending champs in 5 games rolled a very good Utah team and took care business against a 50 win 8 seed something the Mavericks don't know how to do.

You must not have watched that series I guess for you to spout off on something you know nothing about. Mavs left everything on the floor for the final two games. Every Laker except for Kobe looked scared and was literally quivering. You could tell they couldn't wait to get back to their chartered plane since they had no intention of competing in Game 6.

Every Maverick on the team look scared in the finals. You must not have watched the series I guess for you to spout off on something you know nothing about.

I tell you what: if Denver makes the playoffs and Dallas doesn't, I'll never post here again. If that doesn't happen, you go away. Major injuries to key players affect the bet.

Could care less which team makes the playoffs. It's like a 50/50 bet though might as well flip a coin while were at it.

They're both talented and immature head cases. Carmelo is a one-dimensional player. He does ONE thing very, very well, and everything else he's useless at. Maybe one day he'll figure it out, but if you value Carmelo over Dirk, and for more than just his much younger birth date, then that says it all about you and your acumen for basketball.

One-dimensional... exactly like Dirk. At least Melo still has upside at this point in his career.

Hell, Dirk even has ample first round exit experience just like Carmelo.

Findog
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=21_Blessings;2704644]

Every Maverick on the team look scared in the finals.

You didn't watch that series I guess. And for a Laker fan, I'm surprised you missed G6, you know, the one where you lost by 40 points and you could see the pee pee stains on Lamar and Pau's jersey shorts by the end of the first quarter. It was embarassing, I was really hoping Phil would make them change their shorts.

One-dimensional... exactly like Dirk.

Dirk's not one-dimensional. He can pass, he's a good help defender. He does more for his team besides score. You're not very good at this, are you?

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
You didn't watch that series I guess.

I did. The Mavs curled into fetal position that 4th quarter and that was all she wrote. They quit. Series was over at that point and you could see it in their eyes.

And for a Laker fan, I'm surprised you missed G6, you know, the one where you lost by 40 points and you could see the pee pee stains on Lamar and Pau's jersey shorts by the end of the first quarter. It was embarassing, I was really hoping Phil would make them change their shorts.

Lamar Odom and Pau '0-12 in playoffs before Kobe Bryant' Gasol fading in a big game? YOU DON'T SAY. I've been watching Lamar pis his loins for 8 years now.

Still wasn't as bad as Dirk shitting the bed in the 1st round against Golden State. Kobe struggled against one of the best defensives of all time. Dirk got shut down by one of the worst defesive units in the West that year. :lmao

Dirk's not one-dimensional. He can pass, he's a good help defender.

hahahahahahaha

He does more for his team besides score. You're not very good at this, are you?

One dimensional. Everyone knows that, except delusional Mavs fan.

Colombiano972
08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Well Magic is pretty much stating the obvious at this point. This is going to be one rough season for us Mavs fans.

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I like Dirk. He may not be a great defender but at least he tries. To call him a 1-dimensional player is a bit unfair.

Not sure why Magic felt the need to say what we already know. In all likelihood the Mavs will have to scrap and rebuild soon unless they can pull off a major trade to bring in another big piece.

mavsfan1000
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
In other news. The sky is blue. He just wants to rub it in I think.

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
He may not be a great defender but at least he tries. To call him a 1-dimensional player is a bit unfair.

Dirk is a terrible defender. Don't give me that 'try' bullshit. He might be a 7ft shooting guard but at least someone gave him that beautiful jumper. Damn shame about that non-existant post game though.

Calling him a 1-dimensional player is fair because it's exactly what he is. And by Findumb's retard logic, it's about as fair as calling Melo 1-dimensional.

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Actually, the Mavs are in better shape than people think. They have a 21mil trading piece in Jason Kidd. Cuban would be stupid not to trade him for some younger better players. Kidd will walk next year if they dont. I could easily see him signing for the MLE with the Spurs just to get a ring next year.

Which team has the ability to match Kidd's salary AND is willing to unload young talent for a 3-4 month rental at best?

Cuban is already knee deep in luxury tax hell. Kidd's expiring contract is going to do just that, expire. In the mean team we get to watch CP3 and Deron make him look like a dinosaur.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Mavs fans can enjoy watching Ron the bod manhandle Sweetie cakes Dirk all year long.

jack sommerset
08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
They will compete but this current team plus some others teams got much better, Magic could be right. I think Avery screwed them big time but we are talking about today!

Findog
08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Dirk is a terrible defender.

This is why nobody here takes you seriously and why even Laker fans don't want to claim you. He's not Bill Russell, but he rebounds, he will contest shots at the rim, he will give a hard foul if needed, and he is a decent help defender. Avery pushed him into being something other than a serious liability on defense. He has trouble with elite bigs, but most players do. The point is that he doesn't give up nearly as much as he gets you. That's a fair and reasonable assessment of Dirk's defense. It's what separates him from Carmelo and Amare, two other guys who are offensive beasts and leak like a sieve on the other end.

The basketball forum is for NBA fans to talk hoops. If you're going to come in here and be a troll and try to get a rise out of people, don't be a fucking moron about it.

Colombiano972
08-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm assuming that 21 Blessings is the resident troll/douche.

KobeOwnsBowen
08-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Magic Johnson is right on the money. The mavs are a worthless piece of sperm. Lmao at Cuban at the end of each year ending with a loss.

IronMexican
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Everything depends on Bynum. The Celtics exposed the donut hole that is the Lakers interior defense. On paper he and Ariza shore up their defense. Otherwise, the Lakers were lucky to get past San Antonio with Manu hurt, and other teams won't be afraid of them next year. They can be beaten.

I agree 100%

It all depends on Bynumite, if we see Bynum from december, we will definitely be the team to beat for quite a while, if he doesn't pan out, or stays injury prone, we are the

Blazers, Queens, Suns, and Mavs.

Let's hope he is december Bynum:hat

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-07-2008, 10:17 PM
If the mavs have a window open, it looks like this:

http://www.fee.org/publications/notes/notes/Broken%20Window.jpg

just kidding:toast

Tmac&Luther
08-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I started thinking that LA has a window only as wide as Pau and Sasha's assholes. Then I realized they're lovers and I became scared very quickly. Then I realized they both have small dicks and so the window is probably very small.

:lmao:rollin:lmao

KobeOwnsBowen
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
You never gonna win it all. Always gonna take the fall. As long as you give the ball to Nowitzki. He'll never be known as clutch. Cause the pressure is too much and he plays too much like a sissy.

nil.ball
08-07-2008, 11:04 PM
all they need is a star caliber pg like jason kidd, they will be relevant again.

sorry? you mean they did? :wow

:rollin

nil.ball
08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Question... that pic of Yao and Tmac holding up two fingers... does that mean "look out second round were coming?":lol

lol look out for the second coming of kareem!

andrew bynum!

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Question... that pic of Yao and Tmac holding up two fingers... does that mean "look out second round were coming?":lol

No, that's how many points andrew bynum avgs. per game:lmao

21_Blessings
08-07-2008, 11:22 PM
This is why nobody here takes you seriously and why even Laker fans don't want to claim you. He's not Bill Russell, but he rebounds, he will contest shots at the rim, he will give a hard foul if needed, and he is a decent help defender. Avery pushed him into being something other than a serious liability on defense. He has trouble with elite bigs, but most players do. The point is that he doesn't give up nearly as much as he gets you. That's a fair and reasonable assessment of Dirk's defense. It's what separates him from Carmelo and Amare, two other guys who are offensive beasts and leak like a sieve on the other end.

Haha. You're talking in delusional homerism. Dirk is a terrible fucking defender with no lateral quickness whatsoever. His post defense is just as bad. Contest shots? Yeah give me some of that career 1 block per game.

"Decent help defender" is code for he sucks but he tries hard so lets make his weakness into something kinda positive! So Dirk struggles with ELITE bigs? Does Lamar Odom classify as an 'elite' big? You know how many 30 point games the guy has had? Well I can count them using my left hand and quincidentally, one of those games came last season when Dirk held LO to 12 for 14 from the field for a mere 31 points :lol :rollin :bking

As for Dirk's rebounding the 8.5 he pulls while being 6'11 and playing nearly 40 minutes a night at POWER FORWARD is nothing special. Especially considering hes not all that great at boxing out. Stop overrating his all around game just because he plays for your favorite team.

Melo averaged 1 whole less rebound than Dirk last season despite being 3-4 inches shorter and pulled down more offensive boards per game. I'd take that over the 1 extra gimmie defensive rebound Dirk gives you a night. Melo is great around the basket when it comes to that.

If you're going to call Melo one-dimensional by your retard logic then Dirk is the poster boy for one-dimensionalism.

The basketball forum is for NBA fans to talk hoops. If you're going to come in here and be a troll and try to get a rise out of people, don't be a fucking moron about it.

Moron about what? You're the one white knighting your precious wet dream in Dirk. The reality is he didn't deserve the MVP Stern had to FedEx to his house since he shit the bed against the fucking eight seed. Hell, if you're going to choke in the first around against a team 7 seeds below you at least shoot over 16% in the elimination game.

Tmac&Luther
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Continue to laugh. You will disapear somewhere around the end of the first round come playoff time, then you will resurface like a cockroach does when the light goes off come next summer.

I will continue to laugh......that post was fucking funny. Stop being a little butt hurt emo bitch.

KobeOwnsBowen
08-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Anyone else disagree that the mavs are the most hated team in sports? Especially Cuban. Nothing brings more joy to me than seeing Cuban expression after he loses.

tp2021
08-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Technically, nobody really dies of AIDS. They die of "pneumonia caused by a weakened immune system" or something like that.

Yep. AIDS is a syndrome, a state. Not a disease. It weakens your immune system so other diseases kill you.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2008, 02:08 AM

Then a big thanks to China for that policy. The reactions of Mavs fans at Magic coming into town and singing the truth is absolutely priceless.

monosylab1k
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Then a big thanks to China for that policy. The reactions of Mavs fans at Magic coming into town and singing the truth is absolutely priceless.

What exactly is priceless about a reaction that is mostly "well yeah, he's probably right" and a few AIDS jokes?

Even more priceless is seeing another Spurs fan still bitter about 2006.

RonMexico
08-08-2008, 09:23 AM
What exactly is priceless about a reaction that is mostly "well yeah, he's probably right" and a few AIDS jokes?

Even more priceless is seeing another Spurs fan still bitter about 2006.

Agreed. An off-hand comment by the 2nd worst analyst in basketball (behind Reggie Miller) has generated 4 pages already... of actual debate.

I prefer AIDS jokes, but that's just because I'm an HIV-positive person.

Findog
08-08-2008, 09:26 AM

You saw the Dallas Mavericks had that window, and that window closed on them. So it can close real fast.

It's closed.

Thanks for chiming in, douche.

Findog
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Haha. You're talking in delusional homerism. Dirk is a terrible fucking defender with no lateral quickness whatsoever.

"If I repeat something over and over again, then it has to be true, right?"

"Decent help defender" is code for he sucks but he tries hard so lets make his weakness into something kinda positive!

No, it means that he does a good job of funneling his man to Diop or Damp in the lane, he positions himself well. It means he doesn't give up nearly as much as he gets. Just be logical for a moment, I know that's hard for you.

So Dirk struggles with ELITE bigs? Does Lamar Odom classify as an 'elite' big? You know how many 30 point games the guy has had? Well I can count them using my left hand and quincidentally, one of those games came last season when Dirk held LO to 12 for 14 from the field for a mere 31 points

You mean the one where Dirk came back 5 weeks early on a high ankle sprain and couldn't guard anybody because of his heel? That game? :lmao

century
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I hate the Mavs too.

RonMexico
08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Amare is a defensive beast.

mavfans1000
08-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Amare is a defensive beast.

mavfans1000
08-08-2008, 12:32 PM
a beast has the same defensive rating as,

Hold it...

YOU GUESSED IT!

Jacque Vaughn!

RonMexico
08-08-2008, 12:32 PM

omg! get this troll out of here lol rofl dlblk;jadl;jkgnbakjrta

RonMexico
08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
really? you didn't realize the sarcasm? jesus.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for chiming in, douche.

You're all that matters to me in your own mind. Have fun with that.

BTW, you should probably check your team affiliation if you'd like yourself considered in the characterization of Mavs fans, genius.

Findog
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM

No, it's just that you painting the entire Mavs fanbase with the same brush is tiresome. You'd get upset if I continually referred to the Spurs fanbase as consisting entirely of obese, couch-bound ESL'ers.

BTW, you should probably check your team affiliation if you'd like yourself considered in the characterization of Mavs fans, genius.

Oh, I totally forgot, I hopped on the Blazer bandwagon.

Shank
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey, neat! This thread only needed 4 pages to turn into the same thing as all the others. But this time we get the added goodness of AIDS talk.

monosylab1k
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM

:lmao somebody didn't get the memo

manufor3
08-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I love Rappin' Shaq

+1. Best troll in a long time.

+2

Kona
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Cuban keeps Dallas from winning, it's a well-known fact.

KobeOwnsBowen
08-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Yep he's the fucker that screwed up Dallas. I'm loving every fucking stupid decision he makes. I bet he and Dirk got a thing going on. :lmao

Red Hawk #21
08-10-2008, 08:21 PM

Mavs fans wonder why they can't get a fair shake from refs, how can you get a fair shake when all your owner does is diss the refs the whole game?

dirk4mvp
08-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Yep he's the fucker that screwed up Dallas. I'm loving every fucking stupid decision he makes. I bet he and Dirk got a thing going on. :lmao

hey, a gay joke! awesome. Can we make it a gay aids joke while we're at it?

Findog
08-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Hmm, we had missed the playoffs 11 straight years and had a winning percentage well under .350 when he bought the team. Since then, we've won 51+ games every single year and won 8 playoff series.

Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound?

Findog
08-11-2008, 09:24 AM

This is Spurstalk. I expect to see this kind of comment on youtube, or the yahoo discussion boards. Take it there, Corky.

RonMexico
08-11-2008, 10:14 AM
hey, a gay joke! awesome. Can we make it a gay aids joke while we're at it?

I'm suprised Dirk can play in China since he's HIV-positive.