PDA

View Full Version : DAMN! WHATS NEXT!? Hill to the D-League?

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Why are the spurs interested in PARGO? We already have Hill as a backup point!

I don't want to come here to SpursTalk and see a thread that says "Hill to play for D-League" comon pop wtf are you doing man. Let the damn kid play... he will get better if you just give him 10-15 min a night!! instead of sending him to the d-league....

How do you think parker or ginobili got good? did you send them to the d-league? NO.

comon pop! let IAN play aswell man. dont fuck up the post season now.

xtremesteven33
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
right now....Pargo > Hill.....no contest.

Sense
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Someone didn't watch the summer league.....

he's not ready.

Pargo>Hill
indeed..

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Don't get me wrong, Pargo is infact better then Hill at the moment, but signing pargo wont give Hill any playing time..... :(

or..... do you think pop could maybe play small ball sometimes where Hill is a 2 guard?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Don't get me wrong, Pargo is infact better then Hill at the moment, but signing pargo wont give Hill any playing time..... :(

You're sad that the worse player isn't gonna play as much?

Sense
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM

or..... do you think pop could maybe play small ball sometimes where Hill is a 2 guard?

Hill can get playing time...

in the D-LEAGUE.

who cares about his playing time... Spurs want to win

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
hmm.. i thought Hill was doing well, didnt he do a good job guarding mayo?

Sense
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
hmm.. i thought Hill was doing well, didnt he do a good job guarding mayo?

ok wait a minute...

you post a rant thread and you didn't see him play?

wow.

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
ok wait a minute...

you post a rant thread and you didn't see him play?

wow.

okayyy dude calm down now....

I admit I did not see hill play yet, I do infact keep in touch on how he plays.... now based from what people say in here hes doing pretty good.... but I guess posters have been wrong?

anyways... calm down dude, im sorry I don't watch all the games like you do...

by the way... how is everyone watching the games and not me? where you guys watch them at? NBATV?

remingtonbo2001
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
If Hill's shot had been falling, I think people would be praising the F.O. like nobody's business. Obviously, this wasn't the case.

However, Hill's defense was excellent. He did a good job of running the offense.

As for the Pargo situation, I sense a trade brewing. I think Hill will spend signficant time with the Spurs this year, not the Toros.

hater
08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Hill to the D-league is actually the smart move this time.

hater
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
If you can get Pargo, it's a no brainer: Hill needs to go.

Sense
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
okayyy dude calm down now....

I admit I did not see hill play yet, I do infact keep in touch on how he plays.... now based from what people say in here hes doing pretty good.... but I guess posters have been wrong?

anyways... calm down dude, im sorry I don't watch all the games like you do...

by the way... how is everyone watching the games and not me? where you guys watch them at? NBATV?

his shooting was awful most of the time... and he was known for being a good shooter...

so it's something to think about...

this is a bad thread.. u should really consider thinking more about making threads like this

xtremesteven33
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
haha you tell him to calm down and you......nvmnd

to21
08-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Pargo is a combo guard.

If Fin doesn't come back we need to fill his two spot. And dude can fill in at the point as Hill learns.

I think it would be a great sign.

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Pargo is a combo guard.

If Fin doesn't come back we need to fill his two spot. And dude can fill in at the point as Hill learns.

I think it would be a great sign.

I would love to see parker, pargo, manu, IAN running the fast break while duncan gets the rebounds-

to21
08-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I would love to see parker, pargo, manu, IAN running the fast break while duncan gets the rebounds-Maybe....when teams go small on us.

sa_kid20
08-07-2008, 01:19 PM
If we get Pargo then there must be a trade brewing to involve JV somehow. It just seems too weird that the FO would be willing to send Hill down to the Toros pruely based on a few summer league games. He hasn't even gone through training camp or pre-season yet and the way that Pop was saying how he would contribute right away would make it very dissapointing if he did go to the Toros.

xtremesteven33
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Parker/Pargo
Mason/Ginobili
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Mahimni
Thomas/Oberto

im happy so far guys.....IF pargo signs

i hate to sound redundant but people seem to forget we were a bad ankle away from getting back to the Finals. were getting younger,something i know this board cried up a storm about. know we got young guys and people still say we suck?

:shootme

to21
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
If we get Pargo then there must be a trade brewing to involve JV somehow. It just seems too weird that the FO would be willing to send Hill down to the Toros pruely based on a few summer league games. He hasn't even gone through training camp or pre-season yet and the way that Pop was saying how he would contribute right away would make it very dissapointing if he did go to the Toros.Yeah it's a little weird.

I don't see them getting rid of Vaughn because we got him on the cheap. Maybe they are planning on resting Tony and Manu a GREAT deal down the stretch and need a guard heavy roster (I don't know what our roster size is now).

baseline bum
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM
How do you think parker or ginobili got good? did you send them to the d-league? NO.

All-Star talent and athleticism.

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
his shooting was awful most of the time... and he was known for being a good shooter...

thank you for that info :) i'm updated.

so it's something to think about...

hmmm... I am thinking about it lol

this is a bad thread.. u should really consider thinking more about making threads like this

awwww... i'm sorry you feel this way man. Like iv said before I wasent aware on how hill was playing... and now that we know he hasnt even gone thru training camp makes me even think a bit more...

I do agree that this thread is not up to par in YOUR STANDARDS... but let other people who are not up to date talk about stuff like this.... its not cool to bash on newbs dude.... I mean... isnt Spurstalk a FORUM? where people come and talk about the spurs?

tmtcsc
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
This just in... Ian sucks too. He's marginal.

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Why havent we signed Finley yet? what is CIA pop up 2.................. hmmmmmmm......

timvp
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
DAMN! WHATS NEXT!? Hill to the D-League?Yeah probably.

Damn, when does school start?

Bruno
08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Even if the thread starter is melting down, what he said isn't that stupid.

Hill will improve more playing 15mpg in NBA than playing in D-League.

Pargo isn't that good and I'm not sure that Hill can't be better than him for the playoffs if he gets consistent NBA playing time during the whole regular season.

Spurs should be quite low on Hill (after being quite high) to not try this gamble.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Damn, when does school start?

The 25th. :depressed

Sense
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
thank you for that info :) i'm updated.

hmmm... I am thinking about it lol

awwww... i'm sorry you feel this way man. Like iv said before I wasent aware on how hill was playing... and now that we know he hasnt even gone thru training camp makes me even think a bit more...

I do agree that this thread is not up to par in YOUR STANDARDS... but let other people who are not up to date talk about stuff like this.... its not cool to bash on newbs dude.... I mean... isnt Spurstalk a FORUM? where people come and talk about the spurs?

it's quite easy to bash newbs.....

don't they see all the same fucking b.s. threads that are already posted?

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 06:31 PM
it's quite easy to bash newbs.....

don't they see all the same fucking b.s. threads that are already posted?

:lol

dude, you need to get laid.... seriously

Sense
08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
You need to not post threads... seriously

wisnub
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Ship Hill to Italy.......Let RC excited that he continue to grow under very good system Hahaha

underdawg
08-09-2008, 01:36 AM
You need to not post threads... seriously

It wasn't a bad thread - Hill wasn't that bad in summer league. His defense, running the point and passing were in line with what we were thinking he would do. His shots were off, but it wasn't like he looked horrible shooting the ball. Most of the last games he only shot when he was forced to do so. Pargo can score, but let's not forget how horrible he looked at times vs. the Spurs in the playoffs. I still think this is an agent's ploy to get more money or somebody else interested in Pargo by saying the Spurs are interested. Even if Hill is the 3rd string pg, he'll still be on our bench. Pop wants him around Tp and I'd even go so far as to think Pop has plans for him in the latter part of the season.

Sense
08-09-2008, 08:01 AM
It wasn't a bad thread - Hill wasn't that bad in summer league. His defense, running the point and passing were in line with what we were thinking he would do. His shots were off, but it wasn't like he looked horrible shooting the ball. Most of the last games he only shot when he was forced to do so. Pargo can score, but let's not forget how horrible he looked at times vs. the Spurs in the playoffs. I still think this is an agent's ploy to get more money or somebody else interested in Pargo by saying the Spurs are interested. Even if Hill is the 3rd string pg, he'll still be on our bench. Pop wants him around Tp and I'd even go so far as to think Pop has plans for him in the latter part of the season.

At this point... yes Hill looks like a 3rd string... but honestly, the only reason he'd be there would be to show they didn't make a mistake by signing him. They don't want to show they wasted another pick by sending him elsewhere....

but c'mon now... Pargo looked bad against the Spurs in the playoffs... but how many players can say they haven't done that.

ShoogarBear
08-09-2008, 08:42 AM
The question is not whether Pargo > Hill now, but whether the same would be true at the end of the year. If Hill spends the year in the D-League, that won't happen. Pargo is a fixed quantity, Hill has some improving to do. There's a chance Hill may show enough during the preseason to make it a harder decision to send him to D-League.