PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Foundation Awards $16,000 In Scholarships to San Antonio High School Seniors

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Spurs Foundation Awards $16,000 In Scholarships To Local San Antonio High School Seniors

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs Foundation announced today that $16,000 in scholarships were recently awarded to 12 local high school seniors to assist with college tuition costs and expenses.
The Spurs Foundation awarded 10 CPS Energy Bright Lights Scholarships, one Angelo Drossos Memorial Scholarship and one Maury Holden Memorial Scholarship.

“We are happy to be able to financially assist, even in a small way, with those eager to receive their collegiate degree,” said Alison Fox, executive director of the Spurs Foundation. “Our recipients are most worthy of these scholarships and we wish them success in their new journey.”

2008 Spurs Foundation Scholarship Recipients are: Gregory George Zaragoza, Central Catholic High School, University of Texas at Austin, CPS Bright Lights; Alexandra Maria Villalobos, Douglass McArthur High School, University of Texas at San Antonio CPS Bright Lights; Jared Michael Taylor, Douglass McArthur High School, San Antonio College, CPS Bright Lights; Andrea Kaye Shannon, Randolph High School, University of Texas at Austin, CPS Bright Lights, Brittany Lynne Losey, Samuel Clemens High School, Trinity University, CPS Bright Lights; Christina Michelle Lind, Randolph High School, Texas A&M University, CPS Bright Lights; Raquel Lynn Likos, John Marshall High School, University of Texas at Austin, CPS Bright Lights; Daniel M. Jacobson, Churchill High School, Texas A&M University, CPS Bright Lights; Wendell Andre Cook, James Madison High School, University of Arkansas, CPS Bright Lights; Charles William Aldrete, Central Catholic High School, Bowdoin College, CPS Bright Lights; Vanessa Rubio, John F. Kennedy High School, Texas State University, Angelo Drossos Memorial; Esaias Taylor, Judson High School, University of Texas at San Antonio, Maury Holden Memorial.

The Spurs Foundation was founded in 1988 by the San Antonio Spurs to support physically, emotionally, and economically underserved youth. Since its formation, the foundation has donated more than $13 million to area youth.

For more information on the Spurs Foundation, call (210) 444-5682.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/community/foundation_scholarships_080807.html

tp2021
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I could use some scholarship money.Too bad I don't live in the SA area.:bang

tiffeny
08-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Well people, I live in Japan and I really want to study at university in USA. The university doesn’t provide international students with any financial aid or give them grants. And the costs are very much for international students as well. How can I find out if I can get a student grant to go towards university funds in the USA? Has anybody done this or do you think I could? Please let me know your ideas. Thanks a lot.

nil.ball
08-22-2008, 01:34 AM
only $16000? that the bonus they give to their security guard.

Brutalis
08-22-2008, 01:40 AM
I THINK this is a repost. Not for sure.

TheMadHatter
08-22-2008, 02:25 AM
What does $16,000 really pay for unless you go to a public college? Even then that's probably only 2-3 years worth of tuition when you include books and supplies.

Kamnik
08-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Well people, I live in Japan and I really want to study at university in USA. The university doesn’t provide international students with any financial aid or give them grants. And the costs are very much for international students as well. How can I find out if I can get a student grant to go towards university funds in the USA? Has anybody done this or do you think I could? Please let me know your ideas. Thanks a lot.

I doubt you are going to find any people on this forum that can help you with that... Try finding (maybe through some Japanese Universities with exchange programs) some other Japanese students that studied in the USA. You will get THE BEST information directly from them.

I have been through some of similar things (not USA).

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2008, 04:21 AM
i dunnno man, they can do alot more since stern and teams that were over the lux cap did give them 2m for stayin under the lux cap....15k is like 15pennies to there account