PDA

View Full Version : Why O Why Are They So Cheap And Conservative?

yomama21
08-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Doesn't this shit piss you guys off? I think the FO ways are finally starting to bite them in the ass and it's apparent this offseason. Like others, I was really looking forward to Seeing Gist play here and develop. Who knows if Hill will even be here when the season starts. Why can't they just leave the younsters here and have them develop in actual NBA games like a lot of other teams do? Why couldn't these dumb asses just pick Chalmers or CDR for some offense? No, instead they went for no name George Hill because of his defense and the dudes horrific offense will end up biting us in the ass. I hope they have some type of a trade planned out because if not, it ain't looking good this year. And of course if we do end up sucking so badly that we don't even make the playoffs, guess what guys? We gave up our fuckin first round pick for Kurt Thomas. So we'd be shit out of luck there too I guess. Dammit! I'm not expecting much from these guys this year. Do we really seem that much younger than last year so far? Doesn't seem like it. I guess we can expect to see Finley get signed back and god knows what other bad news we get. It just keeps getting worse as the season nears I tell ya. :ihit

mrspurs
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
i didnt catch any fish either, and it was hot outside...hard times come as soon as the good times roll

Kori Ellis
08-07-2008, 08:16 PM
How does not signing Gist make them cheap? They are just going to sign someone else to his spot who makes the same (or more money).

Tully365
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Fair weather fans... Hill played very good D in the summer league, he rebounded well, didn't have a lot of turnovers, and led the Rocky Mountain Revue in steals. He also improved his shooting in the RMR compared with the Vegas league. For a guy transitioning from college SG to pro PG in a mere 8 games, I'd say he played pretty well. I'd also say he's going to be a big three point threat with the Spurs. Jeez, give the guy a chance before you declare failure.

T Park
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
sigh....

honestfool84
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
because they've proven they can win like this.

would you rather be like the high-paying mark cuban, and never win?

itzsoweezee
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
the league has passed the front office by. it's obvious that the brains behind the spurs success are working for other teams now.

jack sommerset
08-07-2008, 09:02 PM
the league has passed the front office by. it's obvious that the brains behind the spurs success are working for other teams now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Its called tanking a season,getting lucky and landing Duncan and Taking a chance that David Robinson would not screw them when he got out of the Navy. Which we all know Robinson is a quality guy. Front office getting credit makes me LAUGH!

Mark in Austin
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Its called tanking a season,getting lucky and landing Duncan and Taking a chance that David Robinson would not screw them when he got out of the Navy. Which we all know Robinson is a quality guy. Front office getting credit makes me LAUGH!

uhhhh.... you do realize Blazerfan, that YOUR GM is from the Spurs Organization, don't you?

CubanMustGo
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer fans thinking they know anything about the NBA makes me LAUGH!

DPG21920
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I agree partially with what he is saying. I mean the Spurs have essentially had the same business model for many years, they have always been good, but they never won a championship. It was extremely fortunate that they landed Robinson and Duncan, and without them there would be no titles. That is just luck of the draw. However, many FO's have passed on solid players in the first round for flops, many have not surrounded them with talent that helped them win multiple championships and many traded their great players away. All great teams have luck and skill. Spurs are no different.

Brodels
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Doesn't this shit piss you guys off? I think the FO ways are finally starting to bite them in the ass and it's apparent this offseason. Like others, I was really looking forward to Seeing Gist play here and develop. Who knows if Hill will even be here when the season starts. Why can't they just leave the younsters here and have them develop in actual NBA games like a lot of other teams do? Why couldn't these dumb asses just pick Chalmers or CDR for some offense? No, instead they went for no name George Hill because of his defense and the dudes horrific offense will end up biting us in the ass. I hope they have some type of a trade planned out because if not, it ain't looking good this year. And of course if we do end up sucking so badly that we don't even make the playoffs, guess what guys? We gave up our fuckin first round pick for Kurt Thomas. So we'd be shit out of luck there too I guess. Dammit! I'm not expecting much from these guys this year. Do we really seem that much younger than last year so far? Doesn't seem like it. I guess we can expect to see Finley get signed back and god knows what other bad news we get. It just keeps getting worse as the season nears I tell ya. :ihit

This is retarded. Way to call the front office cheap and then write an entire post that doesn't address that issue at all. The front office has underperformed. It has nothing to do with being cheap.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
It's more of a case of them missing the bigger targets rather than being cheap. They haven't been cheap at all this offseason.

yomama21
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I agree partially with what he is saying. I mean the Spurs have essentially had the same business model for many years, they have always been good, but they never won a championship. It was extremely fortunate that they landed Robinson and Duncan, and without them there would be no titles. That is just luck of the draw. However, many FO's have passed on solid players in the first round for flops, many have not surrounded them with talent that helped them win multiple championships and many traded their great players away. All great teams have luck and skill. Spurs are no different.

Forget no titles. Without these guys, we no longer have a pro team in town. They'd be in New Orleans, San Diego, St. louis........... Like Duel said on one of his shows, how will the city respond to mediocrity because it'll be coming soon and when the At&t lease is up and sales are down, lets hope that we don't start hearing those relocation rumors like we did back in 99.

hater
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I guess conservative is not that bad. If you want risky, look at Mavericks/Suns

yomama21
08-07-2008, 10:09 PM

I know guys, but what I'm saying is that it seems to be waring on them now and not as affective while all these other teams are getting better. We'll see.

wijayas
08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Why couldn't these dumb asses just pick Chalmers or CDR for some offense? No, instead they went for no name George Hill because of his defense and the dudes horrific offense will end up biting us in the ass.

Never forget who we are and what we are proud of. It is the D not the O.

wijayas
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM

:toast :toast :toast

Marcus Bryant
08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
It must be August.

|AiE|illuzioN
08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
championship teams are always won by experience roll players.

you are right tho that the spurs don't really give rookie players a chance.... but we are not a rebuilding team YET.

we must have faith on the spurs organization, and in pop

Tully365
08-08-2008, 12:54 AM

How'd those other teams do in the playoffs last year?

mrspurs
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM

i remember it, like it was yesterday, we couldnt believe we signed this guy from the navy, and we were gonna wait 2 yrs. before we ever saw him.....

to21
08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Spending the most money or having the highest payroll doesn't get you SHIT!!!

See the New York Yankees.

JPB
08-08-2008, 08:43 AM
And of course if we do end up sucking so badly that we don't even make the playoffs,...

Were you born yesterday ?

JPB
08-08-2008, 08:48 AM
with all the crazy trades or overpaying going around the league, being conservative is probably the best attitude in today's NBA.

And last time I checked spurs were in WCF and coud have made the finals if not for a 50% Manu. Why panic and change everything ?

lotr1trekkie
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I agree it is not time to panic. However, almost every team in the west has improved and all we have done is add Mason. We have no adequate replacement for Horry who did all the little things beside score. Bonner was unusable in the playoffs as was Vaughn. If Mahimni isn't ready for prime time it seems to me that we are not as strong as season vis a vis the West. Can we even win our division with the current roster?

Indazone
08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Outside of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, who you got that other teams will make a huge trade for? Like what would it take to get another high quality big into your front line?

I'm just saying, that growing through a trade is not likely unless you start thinking like Morey and viewing your draftee's as assets. You could perhaps trade Mahinmi right?

Next year is your year. lots of expirings.

exstatic
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM

:lmao

You people act like we're the ONLY front office to take a pass on Chalmers and CDR in the first round. Newsflash: every team with a first round pick took a pass on both of them. Good in college <> good in the pros. Just look back to when the Spurs used to draft on college rep. Alfrederick Hughes, anyone? He was fucking great in college.

ivanfromwestwood
08-09-2008, 01:02 AM
you guys worring about the FO are full of shit. pop and rc know whats best for this team.if duncan, parker, gino, barry, and horry were not hurt last year, we would have won another title. if toliver and hill play ok along with mason, i think the spurs will be better than last season.

wisnub
08-09-2008, 01:46 AM
If we can win this year than the cheap ass strategy proved to worked once again. How? I do not fucking understand either. If we cant win this year..then I would prefer spending all over the place and at least TRY TO GET ANOTHER SUPERSTAR for crying out loud. U cant bring money to ur grave Holt...remember that.Stop being a cheap ass, even Donald Sterling which known to let his team shit,got high picks and sold them...seems to be a high spender this offseason. Maybe he start thinking its a good idea to be a contender. I got nothing to say about Mark Cuban...

underdawg
08-09-2008, 01:48 AM
you guys worring about the FO are full of shit. pop and rc know whats best for this team.if duncan, parker, gino, barry, and horry were not hurt last year, we would have won another title. if toliver and hill play ok along with mason, i think the spurs will be better than last season.

I need some help - I'm having a hard time finding the small market team that has killed it this year in free agency and has improved their team dramatically. Please tell me that who that team is - there has to be a small market team out there that has suddenly made their team a favorite for the ring this year to compared to the lack luster offseason that the Spurs have had. Otherwise, we just have to be happy with our small market team being a contender every year for the past 10 years.