PDA

View Full Version : Clippers will make the playoffs..

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:30 PM
teams that will make the playoffs in the west but not in any order

1.spurs
2.lakers
3.hornets
4.rockets
5.mavs
6.suns
7.utah
8.Clippers

Not sold on Blazers...suns could miss the playoffs i think losing Dantoni system really hurts them. And i think shaq will play about 60 games.

But my reasons why you should like the Clippers.

1. they got B-diddy if he is healthy he is easy Top 5 PG in league. He likes to push and play in the open court and the Clippers are forming a team that can shoot the 3 and players & bigs that can run the floor.

2.I like their big man combo with Camby and Kaman. I guess you have to be a Kaman fan to dig this combo but he is a very underrated big. Has good touch around the basket and has pretty damn good hands and a very solid rebounder. Is not bad at running the floor. And Camby starts the fastbreak with his rebounding and we know he can protect the rim so your interior defense gets better. He can def run the floor for his size.

3. 3pt shooters who can get very hot! 1) Diddy 2) Mobley 3) Tim Thomas 4) Eric Gordon 5) Jason Williams...All can shoot the 3 and can make alot in bunches. All will thrive in the up and down flow of the game...

4. Have plenty of scorers. They have about 9 guys who can average double digits in a NBA season.

Career Avg.

1) Diddy- 17.1 ppg
2)Mobley- 16.1 ppg
3)Davis- 14.3 ppg
4)Thornton- 12.7 ppg
5)Thomas - 11.8 ppg
6) Williams- 11.4 ppg
7)Kaman- 10.3 ppg
8) Camby-10.7 ppg
9) Gordon- Kid can get buckets

Defens out on perimeter is suspect but they make up for it in the interior with the great shot blockers in kaman and camby....i really like that duo!!!!:downspin:

But they have to stay healthy...Camby and Diddy for them to have success tho. and Dunleavy has to let em loose and run run run run run....Dantoni would thrive with this team...

Dont sleep on the CLIPPERS:lobt::rollin

manufor3
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
yep, that team is solid, but, will they be the good enough in the west?

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
yep, that team is solid, but, will they be the good enough in the west?

to me its either them or portland...but portland is still lacking the PG play...they drafted bayless but he is a rookie we dont know what oden can bring....i doubt oden even stays healthy i just have a gut feeling that he will be injury prone his whole career.

You either need superstars or a great point guard to be good...portland doesnt have that yet...roy is not a superstar yet. and their point guard play is shaky...

Indazone
08-07-2008, 11:41 PM
With that team, I'd just run and gun all the time up and down.

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Clips bench is stacked with scorers....

Ricky Davis
Tim Thomas
Jwill possibly he can get hot and he and Diddy thrive up and Down

Eric Gordon could be a sleeper....He can shoot the 3. thats a fact.

bigdog
08-07-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure the Mavs will make the playoffs. Eh, they probably will, but anyways....

The only thing I would think the Clippers would make the playoffs is that they have some players with playoff experience (Camby, Mobely, Davis, Thomas, Williams, Davis), but I really think the Blazers are a better team no matter how young and unproven they are. I pick Blazers over the Clippers.

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:45 PM
With that team, I'd just run and gun all the time up and down.

exatcly...Who else to spell Diddy with a run and gun tempo than Jwill..

They can shoot crazy shots because they have the 2 players who average over 12 reb a game!!!!

holy fuck dude this team is scary as shit.......:lmao

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure the Mavs will make the playoffs. Eh, they probably will, but anyways....

The only thing I would think the Clippers would make the playoffs is that they have some players with playoff experience (Camby, Mobely, Davis, Thomas, Williams, Davis), but I really think the Blazers are a better team no matter how young and unproven they are. I pick Blazers over the Clippers.

Answer this....

Do Blazers beat Clips in 7 game series?

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Dont sleep on Al thornton...dude had an excellent rookie season and is very athletic and can score/

coachmac87
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_OCdPVhCk

Al Thornton ^^^ Him and Ricky Davis Runnin with Diddy:downspin:

TheMadHatter
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
I agree they are an interesting team. Lots of veteran players which should give them the edge over a team like POR.

NBA Junkie
08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
It'll be fun watching this team implode with the headcases they have running around.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
It'll be fun watching this team implode with the headcases they have running around.

Implode?? why should they implode?

nobody expects anything from the clippers.....so they have no pressure...i mean its obvious they are going to run alot and every single player they have on the team meets what they want to do..

Spurs have a better chance getting hurt cause of age...than the clippers have imploding...:ihit

Flight3107
08-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Clipper Dynasty on the way baby !!

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 12:09 AM
no but a 1st rd exit...i can easily see that...they match up great with anybody in the west...

Spurs dont match up good at all lol

baseline bum
08-08-2008, 12:22 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Suns
5. Mavs
6. Rockets
7. Jazz
8. Blazers

I don't see the Clip-show there.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Suns
5. Mavs
6. Rockets
7. Jazz
8. Blazers

who wins in a 7 game series?

Blazers or Clippers?

baseline bum
08-08-2008, 12:35 AM
who wins in a 7 game series?

Blazers or Clippers?

I'll take the Blazers and their size. Portland's already proved they can be a competitive team in the West, and they're adding the best rookie in the game. Brandon Roy is almost as good as Baron Davis, and their bigs kill the Clippers' after losing Brand.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I'll take the Blazers and their size. Portland's already proved they can be a competitive team in the West, and they're adding the best rookie in the game. Brandon Roy is almost as good as Baron Davis, and their bigs kill the Clippers' after losing Brand.

ok you are an absolute idiot saying roy is almost as good as davis!!!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM

really....Camby can handle Aldrige down low....

and Oden is not a low post scorer and we dont know what he can bring.

Ok lets compare the bigs...your such an idiot u have no idea how stupid you are :lmao

BLAzers Bigs-

Aldrige- averaged 17 & 7... not bad really but he sucks as a defender.
Oden- DNP....Ok we know he can block shots...Rebound but can he average 13 right now...NO...he has to get on the court first. His legs are not even the same size right now :lmao

CLips Bigs-

Kaman- averaged 15 & fuckin 12...dont forget the 2.8 block shots
Camby- Rebounds 13 per.. 9.8 pts and uh o shit another 3 blocks per....and a DPOY...

Bitch...:ihit

bigdog
08-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Answer this....

Do Blazers beat Clips in 7 game series?

I don't know if they will, but I think they can.

I'm not questioning the talent on the Clippers roster at all, in fact I think they are loaded with talent. Right now, I just want to pick the Blazers over them. I just think there's something about them that might be able to push them ahead of the Clips.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 01:06 AM
People dont realize how good Baron Davis is and what swagger and type of play he brings to a team.

People underrate Kaman as well the guys numbers are 15pts 12 reb and 2.8 blocks. those numbers are better than SHAQ!!!

Thornton was a rookie sleeper that people forget. They have the 6th man scoring machine in Ricky Davis. ANd a sleeper pick in Eric Gordon.

They have vets. Blazers have Young young young talent. with no leader.

Clippers have fuckin baron davis!!!

angelbelow
08-08-2008, 01:07 AM
very good team on paper. i do see the chemistry working with the type of players they have too. but only time will tell.

timtonymanu
08-08-2008, 01:18 AM
i think the blazers have a better chance. i mean, this is a team that was in contention last year with frickin JOEL PRZYBILLA as their starting center. no doubt the clippers got better with baron davis and camby. also keeping kaman. it all depends on chemistry. the blazers have the advantage since the blazers are pretty much entering the season with most of the team from last year. the clippers almost completely changed their roster. i think the clippers will finish 9th or 10th depending on the nuggets or warriors.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2008, 01:22 AM
They got two shoot first no d playing guys at point.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
i think the blazers have a better chance. i mean, this is a team that was in contention last year with frickin JOEL PRZYBILLA as their starting center. no doubt the clippers got better with baron davis and camby. also keeping kaman. it all depends on chemistry. the blazers have the advantage since the blazers are pretty much entering the season with most of the team from last year. the clippers almost completely changed their roster. i think the clippers will finish 9th or 10th depending on the nuggets or warriors.

O fuck the nuggets....they have 0 defense now that camby is gone.

Warriors are going to be garbage..Ellis is not a PG.

You also have to realize the Clippers chemistry is starting with Baron Davis. Who is probably the 3rd best PG in the game. His style is Run and Gun, easy chemistry if you have the tools.The CLips are going to be the next Warriors but better because they have BIGs!!!! that can defend and Rebound. CLips are the best rebounding team in the league with the BIgs they have. And you cant argue that.

They have everything a team needs.

Great PG play.
Team Defense(Davis,Thornton,Kaman,Camby)
3pt Shooting(Davis, Gordon,Thomas, Mobley)
Rebounding(Kaman,Camby and Thornton)

Dunleavy just needs to stress a little defense and let diddy run the show on offense most of the time and...Clips could be next Hornets..team that actually can do something in the playoffs

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 01:29 AM
They got two shoot first no d playing guys at point.

Diddy, and Jason Hart can D up......Jwill hell no but he isnt there for that.

Thornton is a good defender and the Interior Defense could be argued as one of best in league with Camby and Kaman.

baseline bum
08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
You stupid ass, you're laughing at me when you called Tim Thomas a hot three point shooter with his sizzling 30.6% success rate? Thomas is worthless if it isn't a contract year. Ricky Davis is supposed to make them dangerous? The guy has never done shit in his career but drag down whatever team was stupid enough to give him minutes. Jason Williams may be the worst PG in the game since Francis stopped getting playing time. No one who has ever seen him play can possibly be retarded enough to believe that Jason Williams shooting threes is anything but suicide for a team. Thornton's a nice player, but a three point shooter he is not. Kaman is slower than Kurt Thomas sitting down, so I don't know where you get this dopefiend fantasy about him running the floor with Camby. BTW, nice playoffs from Camby. Can Clipper fan look forward to that in our hypothetical 7-game series?

Kaman is a very overrated big. He scored last year because the points had to come from somewhere. Dude started nose-diving as the season went on last year.

LMAO @ your bitching and whining about Oden's health when you're assuming it for the China-doll trio of Cotton Camby, Davis, and Kaman. If we can assume health, Oden's coming in as a bigger and better version of Dwight Howard from a couple of years ago. Not having post moves and good footwork hasn't slowed Howard down any since he came in the league.

The gap between Davis and Roy ain't that far. Look up who shoots a better percentage from two and three. Not like Roy couldn't make up that 3 ppg difference in the Warriors' system.

NBA Junkie
08-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Implode?? why should they implode?

Injury prone players in Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman. Chemistry killers in Ricky Davis, Jason Williams, Cat Mobley.

Those problems alone guarantee headaches for Mike Dunleavy.

What the Clippers have are potentially a lot of jigsaw puzzle pieces that won't fit together.

qwerty
08-08-2008, 02:15 AM
the clipps will win like 40 to 45 games but wont make the playoffs.the chemistry will probaly be terrible.

JamStone
08-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Their starting five looks solid. They do need some depth up front, but they do have plenty of scorers. As with several other very good teams on paper, such as Houston and Washington, their success will depend heavily on their key players staying healthy when they have a history of not staying healthy. I think Ricky Davis was a bad pick up for them and similar to what happened to Ruben Patterson last year, I think they'll either end up benching him or waiving him at some point in the season. Al Thornton should be playing close to 40 minutes a game, and they should develop Eric Gordon. They would be better off keeping Quinton Ross as their fourth/fifth swing player.

They could challenge for a playoff spot, but I don't think they're guaranteed to make the playoffs by any means. Even if they stay relatively healthy, they could get beat out by a number of teams that will be about as good as they are.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 03:20 AM
You stupid ass, you're laughing at me when you called Tim Thomas a hot three point shooter with his sizzling 30.6% success rate? Thomas is worthless if it isn't a contract year. Ricky Davis is supposed to make them dangerous? The guy has never done shit in his career but drag down whatever team was stupid enough to give him minutes. Jason Williams may be the worst PG in the game since Francis stopped getting playing time. No one who has ever seen him play can possibly be retarded enough to believe that Jason Williams shooting threes is anything but suicide for a team. Thornton's a nice player, but a three point shooter he is not. Kaman is slower than Kurt Thomas sitting down, so I don't know where you get this dopefiend fantasy about him running the floor with Camby. BTW, nice playoffs from Camby. Can Clipper fan look forward to that in our hypothetical 7-game series?

Kaman is a very overrated big. He scored last year because the points had to come from somewhere. Dude started nose-diving as the season went on last year.

LMAO @ your bitching and whining about Oden's health when you're assuming it for the China-doll trio of Cotton Camby, Davis, and Kaman. If we can assume health, Oden's coming in as a bigger and better version of Dwight Howard from a couple of years ago. Not having post moves and good footwork hasn't slowed Howard down any since he came in the league.

The gap between Davis and Roy ain't that far. Look up who shoots a better percentage from two and three. Not like Roy couldn't make up that 3 ppg difference in the Warriors' system.

Seriously im about to own you so bad right now its not even funny.:lmao

Lets Go.

1) The thing you said about Tim Thomas. Ok he shot 30% last year but keep in mind he is a 36% shooter for his 10yr career. And 1st thing that comes to mind when you mention What can Tim Thomas do...and its shoot the 3. And yes i have seen Tim Thomas get hot. He will get a lot of open looks running with Diddy as well.

2) What you said about Ricky Davis. Its not him that makes the Clippers dangerous. Baron Davis does. Ricky Davis has never been on a winning team and he never really destroy teams like you say he does..what team did he destroy??? But Ricky Davis role will be come off the bench and do what he does best. And that is flat out score. Thats something he proved he can do at this level. And his style will flourish playing alongside Baron Davis and the run and gun style. BEcause we know he is athletic as fuck.

3) Jason Williams is not a horrible point guard. It depends what you want out of him and what kind of style of play your looking for. He wont have to start on this team, so he wont see the court that much. But when he does he can be effective with the run and gun style was well and i think him backing up Baron Davis is a good thing. And if he does not cut it, they also have Jason Hart who is a decent back up point guard who can defend some. Steve Francis was never a Point Guard. He scored and dribbled way to much. Williams has way better point guard skills than Francis ever had.

4) I never said Thornton was a 3pt shooter......But he can score and defend really well and he would be a perfect fit in a spurs uni...just keep an eye out for this kid. But ya he can finish at the rim really strong and he will thrive playing alongside Davis.

5) And man what you said about Kaman being slower than Thomas is hilarious:lmao that statement just proves to me that you dont know who Chris Kaman really is and you just are a spurs homer. Since when has Thomas been able to do this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkzXWvUkEg

Kaman averaged 12 rebounds last year...the most Thomas ever averaged was 10 and that was back in 04-05...

And Kaman can also block shots. 2.8 last year...Thomas on the other hand averages 0.8 for his career...Kurt Thomas is not even half the player Chris Kaman is bitch.

6) And ya Camby didnt put up many pts in the playoffs, thats not his forte. But he did average 13.3 reb in the playoffs and 3 blocks...uh so he was effective in my book.

7) Ok Back to Kaman, cause obviously you dont know who he is what he can or what he can do. Shot 48%. Good fg% 76%ft some things alot of bigs cant do. This guy hustles his ass off and is a very underrated defender with 2.8 blocks avg this year. He put up better than SHAQ last year..shaq is old but still people would be hesitate to put him ahead of shaq but his numbers blow away SHAQs.

8) Ok and now Oden health. Seriously i want the guy to do well and i wish him luck but he having micro surgery is a serious surgery. He has a tendency to get hurt with the wrist in Ohio State and now his Knee. He has Osteoporosis.
And is only 20 but has the body of a 35 yr old..Not saying he will be like them but Olowakandi and Kwame Brown were #1 big men as well...

9) And then you still have the nerve to compare Diddy to Roy.....im sorry but you just dont know basketball or talent when you see it. Diddy is Top5 Pg easy, he is better than Tony Parker. He led an 8th seed to upset at the time a 60+ win team in the 1st round. He has proven himself already. Roy is a young talent but he will never be a true superstar like a Kobe or Dwade or Melo. Diddy is a FUcking BEast BRO!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvs58hQg04&feature=related

You just got owned nigga:hat

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 03:31 AM
And as the head coach said once Brand turned on them...They are ready for the Baron Davis Era. And they are doing a great job at getting players who will play really well alongside him.

And yes injuries are an issue...but every team has injury issues

Spurs-manu and the rest of the senior citizens on the squad
Lakers- Bynum? Where is he gonna be health wise for 82 game season
Rockets- It happens every year
Suns- Shaq seems to have issues every fuckin year
Blazers- Oden and his grandpa genes

I mean injuries are apart of the game and baring any this Clipper team will make the playoffs. And they can exit out of the 1st round

baseline bum
08-08-2008, 05:09 AM
1) The thing you said about Tim Thomas. Ok he shot 30% last year but keep in mind he is a 36% shooter for his 10yr career. And 1st thing that comes to mind when you mention What can Tim Thomas do...and its shoot the 3. And yes i have seen Tim Thomas get hot. He will get a lot of open looks running with Diddy as well.

Have you ever seen Thomas get hot in a non-contract year? I didn't think so. The Clippers are my second favorite team and I've watched at least 1/3 of their games the last two years, and Thomas is a fucking piece of shit, just like he was in Philly, just like he was in Milwaukee after signing that big contract, just like he was in New York.

2) What you said about Ricky Davis. Its not him that makes the Clippers dangerous. Baron Davis does. Ricky Davis has never been on a winning team and he never really destroy teams like you say he does..what team did he destroy??? But Ricky Davis role will be come off the bench and do what he does best. And that is flat out score. Thats something he proved he can do at this level. And his style will flourish playing alongside Baron Davis and the run and gun style. BEcause we know he is athletic as fuck.

Miami wasn't a winning team, one year removed from a championship? Damn, he kept that team in the hunt.

You have visions of Davis being some kind scoring sixth man that's going to help the team. I say you haven't watched much of his work then. He's a ballhog who scores because he shoots in volume, and that's it. He has never made a single team better in his whole career.

3) Jason Williams is not a horrible point guard. It depends what you want out of him and what kind of style of play your looking for. He wont have to start on this team, so he wont see the court that much. But when he does he can be effective with the run and gun style was well and i think him backing up Baron Davis is a good thing. And if he does not cut it, they also have Jason Hart who is a decent back up point guard who can defend some. Steve Francis was never a Point Guard. He scored and dribbled way to much. Williams has way better point guard skills than Francis ever had.

Jason Williams sucks. He cannot shoot, but he thinks he can. He's the guard equivalent to Antoine Walker. He's one of the worst turnstiles in the league on defense. He doesn't get assists. He screws up transition opportunities by jacking up 30 footers. All he's good at is yelling racial insults to opposing fans.

4) I never said Thornton was a 3pt shooter......But he can score and defend really well and he would be a perfect fit in a spurs uni...just keep an eye out for this kid. But ya he can finish at the rim really strong and he will thrive playing alongside Davis.

You got me. I misread that part. Thornton is a solid young talent.

5) And man what you said about Kaman being slower than Thomas is hilarious:lmao that statement just proves to me that you dont know who Chris Kaman really is and you just are a spurs homer. Since when has Thomas been able to do this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkzXWvUkEg

Kaman averaged 12 rebounds last year...the most Thomas ever averaged was 10 and that was back in 04-05...

And Kaman can also block shots. 2.8 last year...Thomas on the other hand averages 0.8 for his career...Kurt Thomas is not even half the player Chris Kaman is bitch.

7) Ok Back to Kaman, cause obviously you dont know who he is what he can or what he can do. Shot 48%. Good fg% 76%ft some things alot of bigs cant do. This guy hustles his ass off and is a very underrated defender with 2.8 blocks avg this year. He put up better than SHAQ last year..shaq is old but still people would be hesitate to put him ahead of shaq but his numbers blow away SHAQs.

Wow. Chris Kaman beat Vlade Divac on his last legs down the floor! He's the white Hakeem Olajuwon!

Kaman started the season off great, but fell off a cliff a little after the new year, which is why all the early-season All-Star hype around him died very quickly. I've seen tons of Clippers games, and Kaman is severely overrated by stat geeks.

He's an OK player, but have you ever seen Kaman take a game over and carry his team to victory? To anyone who followed the Clippers in 06-07, Kaman was a huge disappointment. It was like he couldn't handle playing with some expectations. Then, Brand gets hurt, and all of a sudden he's option #1 by default in a throw-away season. Lots of players look great in this scenario: Antoine Carr, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Willie Anderson, etc.

6) And ya Camby didnt put up many pts in the playoffs, thats not his forte. But he did average 13.3 reb in the playoffs and 3 blocks...uh so he was effective in my book.

Your must be reading from a coloring book then, as Camby's defense was getting shit on by the whole Laker team. His defense is ridiculously overrated by idiots like you who think stats = defense.

8) Ok and now Oden health. Seriously i want the guy to do well and i wish him luck but he having micro surgery is a serious surgery. He has a tendency to get hurt with the wrist in Ohio State and now his Knee. He has Osteoporosis.
And is only 20 but has the body of a 35 yr old..Not saying he will be like them but Olowakandi and Kwame Brown were #1 big men as well...

Oden's talent and athleticism is so highly regarded that he would have been taken ahead of Dwight Howard as a junior in HS if it was legal. If we're assuming health next season (which you are), Oden > Kaman, and certainly Aldridge > overrated 1-dimensional Cotton Camby.

9) And then you still have the nerve to compare Diddy to Roy.....im sorry but you just dont know basketball or talent when you see it. Diddy is Top5 Pg easy, he is better than Tony Parker. He led an 8th seed to upset at the time a 60+ win team in the 1st round. He has proven himself already. Roy is a young talent but he will never be a true superstar like a Kobe or Dwade or Melo. Diddy is a FUcking BEast BRO!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvs58hQg04&feature=related

Stat geek like yourself can appreciate the difference between shooting 45% and shooting 42% (career 41%, since you like career stats so much).

Davis > Roy, but its not the Kobe>Ginobili kind of comparison you make it out to be.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
ok you are an absolute idiot saying roy is almost as good as davis!!!!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/b.jpg

Fuckin idiot.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Oden/Frye/Przybilla >>>>>>>>> Kaman/Davis/Jordan
Aldridge/Diogu/LaFrentz >>>>>>>>> Camby/Skinner/Novak
Outlaw/Webster/Batum < Thornton/Davis/Thomas
Roy/Rodriguez/Fernandez >>>>>>>>> Mobley/Gordon
Blake/Bayless < Davis/Hart/Williams/Taylor

manufor3
08-08-2008, 09:24 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Suns
5. Mavs
6. Rockets
7. Jazz
8. Blazers

jazz under mavs and suns???

manufor3
08-08-2008, 09:26 AM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/b.jpg

Fuckin idiot.

of course they play different positions, so it's kinda hard to compare

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
of course they play different positions, so it's kinda hard to compare

Somewhat true, but that would even then prove him even more wrong since he was saying Baron is the far better player.

mojorizen7
08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
My early crystal ball(which may need polishing) says in order:
1)LAKERS
2)HORNETS
3)ROCKETS
4)JAZZ
5)SPURS
6)CLIPPERS
7)SUNS
8)MAVERICKS/TRAILBLAZERS...if Oden is legit it's time for Cuban to panic IMO.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Eric Gordon = taller JJ Redick

Ghazi
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Blazers were in contention last year? They finished 10th in the west, that's not contention.

coachmac87
08-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Mr. Baseline Bum..

So your argument stands as what? Clippers wont make the playoffs because Ricky Davis sucks and is a cancer, Kaman is overrrated. um Ok. Name me 5 better Centers!

But you think the team that finished 10th a spot behind another Baron Davis team last year.

Blazers wont make the playoffs if Oden cant stay on the floor and their point guard play and leadership is a joke. Bayless has potential but he wasnt even the 1st PG taken in the draft, so get off his dick already.

The Clips have the serious potential to be the better Warriors, Except the Clips have bigs who can protect the rim and rebound the basketball.

And you calling me a stat guy. Ya stats do mean shit, stats show production.

Spurs winning 4 rings compared to the Rockets 2. Thats a stat.

Camby sucks a D...your wrong dude. So he wins DPOY and you think everybody who voted for him is wrong?

And yes Baron Davis, blows away Brandon Roy. Baron Davis and Gilbert Arenas are on the same level. Brandon Roy is on the same level as...Rudy Gay. Up and coming but not quite there yet to lead a team.

baseline bum
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
So he wins DPOY and you think everybody who voted for him is wrong?

Yes. Kobe Bryant was on the All-NBA Defensive first team too. Shows you how much the media knows.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
their point guard play and leadership is a joke. Bayless has potential but he wasnt even the 1st PG taken in the draft, so get off his dick already.

And yes Baron Davis, blows away Brandon Roy. Baron Davis and Gilbert Arenas are on the same level. Brandon Roy is on the same level as...Rudy Gay. Up and coming but not quite there yet to lead a team.
rofl

baseline bum
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Mr. Baseline Bum..

So your argument stands as what? Clippers wont make the playoffs because Ricky Davis sucks and is a cancer, Kaman is overrrated. um Ok. Name me 5 better Centers!

Howard
Yao
Oden
Horford
Stoudemire
Bynum

The Third Man
08-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Diddy, and Jason Hart can D up......Jwill hell no but he isnt there for that.

Thornton is a good defender and the Interior Defense could be argued as one of best in league with Camby and Kaman.

Camby is a terribly overrated defender in my opinion. Blocking shots is nice, but he's a poor man defender. You did notice the Nuggets defense over the last few years, right? It's not like the Clippers roster is loaded with a bunch of Michael Coopers, or Shane Battiers. Hell, for all of Kaman's shot blocking presence last year, the Clippers were easier to score on than one of the Lohan sisters. See the following article about Camby:

http://www.pickaxeandroll.com/2008/7/16/573174/how-ever-will-the-nuggets

I just don't see the Clippers becoming some kind of top defensive squad. Davis is really inconsistent on defense, as are a lot of their top players. Dunleavy doesn't strike me as a coach who gets his team to commit to defense game in, game out and this roster looks like it is full of me-first gunners. I mean, Jesus, having Tim Thomas and Ricky Davis on the same team kind of forces a team to focus on scoring (as well as forcing the fans of said team to take up tranquilizers for the duration of the year).

If the Clippers make the playoffs they will have to be the LA version of Baron's last team, but I think the Warriors had a more talented and versatile roster for that brand of ball. We'll see.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-09-2008, 04:27 AM
i think its hilarious that Clipper fans think that the stats for Camby and Kaman will stay the same. They arent going to average 24+ rebounds between them and 5+ bpg..... Their individual stats will drop and they will probably end up missing significant time.

Camby/Kaman frontline sounds scary but in reality it isn't.