PDA

View Full Version : "They" are not trying to obtain Bonner. Really.

Tully365
08-08-2008, 02:50 AM
I propose a 10 day moratorium on trade proposals that have Bonner and/or Vaughn going to a team in exchange for a very talented starter. All I'm asking for is 10 peaceful, sensible days!

DPG21920
08-08-2008, 02:51 AM
That is why I started my thread, so people can put their ideas in their. Plus, it might give us something to look forward to.

dbestpro
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I propose a 10 day moratorium on trade proposals that have Bonner and/or Vaughn going to a team in exchange for a very talented starter. All I'm asking for is 10 peaceful, sensible days!

Here's a thought. Go away for 10 days and you won't have to even think about Vaughn or Bonner. Have a nice vacation.

BacktoBasics
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I agree with Tully. Its gotten to the point where I click on the Spurs Forum and pretty much have to entertain bullshit absurd thread after bullshit absurd thread just to find a few decent threads and posts.

Some...or most of you guys should read your shit before you post it and consider hitting the backspace because its fucking garbage.

wildbill2u
08-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Should have titled this thread: 10 day moratorium on crazy impossible trades.

Of course, no one would read it or follow it.

Indazone
08-08-2008, 01:02 PM
One or both of those players might net you a Craig Smith from the T-Wolves. Smith is infinately better than Bonner.

Bruno
08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Dumb trades suggestions are always a part of the offseason. Just deal with that.

And the assumption that Spurs can't get a quality player for Vaughn/Bonner is quite wrong.

Clippers get Marcus Camby for a second round pick. if another team is looking to dump a player with a long term contract, Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto or Udoka are appealing players to this team.

Never underestimate the financial aspect of trades in NBA.

kobyz
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Hill, Bonner, Oberto for Nocioni will save the offseason

Obstructed_View
08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome to August at Spurstalk after a year without a championship, newbies!

Tully365
08-08-2008, 01:46 PM
I think Udoka did a really good job backing up Bowen last season. It surprises me that he's mentioned in trade proposals so often. I think he'll get 25 minutes a game this year. He's amazingly productive for a guy who is paid just over a mil/year. I'd say he's an example of a good FO move that gets no credit. I bet a lot of teams are kicking themselves for not offering him a 5 mil/3 yr type of contract.

manufor3
08-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Welcome to August at Spurstalk after a year without a championship, newbies!

:lol

wildbill2u
08-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I think Udoka did a really good job backing up Bowen last season. It surprises me that he's mentioned in trade proposals so often. I think he'll get 25 minutes a game this year. He's amazingly productive for a guy who is paid just over a mil/year. I'd say he's an example of a good FO move that gets no credit. I bet a lot of teams are kicking themselves for not offering him a 5 mil/3 yr type of contract.

He really seemed to tail off in the conference finals. Shooting 375% on FG & 3s and 50% Fts. You generally get what you pay for. Ime is okey dokey.

Conf. FinalsSAS4014.30.3750.3750.5000.01.81.81.80.00.00. 752.004.0

hater
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Bonner for Big Baby?

ceperez
08-08-2008, 03:21 PM

The guy definitely is an overachiever considering how undersized he is and his complete lack of athleticism. He certainly did very well in the playoffs. Plays well on both ends of the court.

hater
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Udoka is kick ass in regular season and when we play lesser teams in playoffs. But he seems in panic when we are getting our asses kicked, when it really matters and starts making one bonehead play after another.

I hope with experience he can overcome this and with a little improvement I still think he can be a Bowen replacement.

your_pimp
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Pipe dreams...LOL

Who wants Bonner and Vaugh??

NOBODY!!!!!

Suckers!

Kori Ellis
08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Pipe dreams...LOL

Who wants Bonner and Vaugh??

NOBODY!!!!!

Suckers!

Uh.. yeah that's kind of the point of the thread.

Biggems
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
the only reason i like having vaughn on the team is cause of major league 2

Hey Pop, you're old mother hubbard and only vaughn's in the cupboard

barbacoataco
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Dumb trades suggestions are always a part of the offseason. Just deal with that.

And the assumption that Spurs can't get a quality player for Vaughn/Bonner is quite wrong.

Clippers get Marcus Camby for a second round pick. if another team is looking to dump a player with a long term contract, Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto or Udoka are appealing players to this team.

Never underestimate the financial aspect of trades in NBA.

Very true.

Trainwreck2100
08-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Uh.. yeah that's kind of the point of the thread.

i don't think he knows what a moratorium is

timtonymanu
08-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Udoka is kick ass in regular season and when we play lesser teams in playoffs. But he seems in panic when we are getting our asses kicked, when it really matters and starts making one bonehead play after another.

I hope with experience he can overcome this and with a little improvement I still think he can be a Bowen replacement.

IMO, he's worth keeping. i hope he can have a chance to start some games next year to give us some offense.