PDA

View Full Version : why isnt KG

stretch
08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
playing for the US? i mean i know he has already won a gold medal, and was going to play in 2004, but backed out a few months before the olympics. while i feel he is overrated, IMO he fits the international style perfectly and would be great to have on the US team. i remember he had a reason before, but forgot. why is it that he wont play?

rj215
08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Maybe FIBA rules and refs don't work well for some players.

Obstructed_View
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
He's afraid of terrorists.

My question is, why would team USA want KG when he went back on his commitment to them and left them out to dry?

sribb43
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM

My question is, why would team USA want KG when he went back on his commitment to them and left them out to dry?

that right there says alot about KG

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
What? He can handle terrorists. He just needs to load up his uzis and his M-16s and a couple of bazookas. Unless those sneaky bastards decide to kidnap him in the 4th quarter. Everyone is so used to him disapearing then that they'd never notice.

stretch
08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
What? He can handle terrorists. He just needs to load up his uzis and his M-16s and a couple of bazookas. Unless those sneaky bastards decide to kidnap him in the 4th quarter. Everyone is so used to him disapearing then that they'd never notice.

:lol

JamStone
08-08-2008, 03:02 PM

When did he make a commitment to Team USA?

Wasn't he just done after the 2000 Olympics like other players?

monosylab1k
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM

More questions: Why would team USA want an accused rapist, a drunk driver, an unapologetic dangerous driver, a wife beater, and a guy who fucks Star Jones on the team?

monosylab1k
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
wasn't KG getting married one summer and backed out because of that?

balli
08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Him and Duncan should have manned up and gone this year IMO. Fuck Boozer. How much cooler and better would it be to have a big man lineup of KG/Duncan/Howard as opposed to what we got now.

stretch
08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
When did he make a commitment to Team USA?

Wasn't he just done after the 2000 Olympics like other players?

no he backed out just before the 2004 olympics.

Red Hawk #21
08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Him and Duncan should have manned up and gone this year IMO. Fuck Boozer. How much cooler and better would it be to have a big man lineup of KG/Duncan/Howard as opposed to what we got now.

Isn't that a bit harsh coming from a Jazz fan?

hater
08-08-2008, 03:31 PM
he does not want to get dunked on by Chapu again

3qtOTBQcbiM

JamStone
08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
More questions: Why would team USA want an accused rapist, a drunk driver, an unapologetic dangerous driver, a wife beater, and a guy who fucks Star Jones on the team?

Team USA has gone down the shitter since the days of the Dream Team, when they only had an HIV patient, a couple degenerate gamblers (MJ and Barkley), a pedophile (Malone), a couple of deadbeat dads (Malone, Bird, and Pippen), a severe alcoholic (Mullin), and a guy who made a lot of money but spent a lot of money to get oral sex in strip clubs.

hater
08-08-2008, 03:34 PM
and a guy who made a lot of money but spent a lot of money to get oral sex in strip clubs.

David Robinson?

JamStone
08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Possibly him too but I was talking about P-Ew.

balli
08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Isn't that a bit harsh coming from a Jazz fan?

No. I loathe Boozer more than any Jazz player in the past 10 years. He's a no-defense (not just bad defense, no defense) finesse coward, who get's shook as fuck when people actually guard him. He has no mental or true physical toughness whatsoever. I'd trade him away for defense and cap space without thinking twice.

The only thing I'm enjoying about his making the USA team is watching his ass rot on the end of the bench.

hater
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Possibly him too but I was talking about P-Ew.

come on man. you know DRob is a bonafide living saint

monosylab1k
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Team USA has gone down the shitter since the days of the Dream Team, when they only had an HIV patient, a couple degenerate gamblers (MJ and Barkley), a pedophile (Malone), a couple of deadbeat dads (Malone, Bird, and Pippen), a severe alcoholic (Mullin), and a guy who made a lot of money but spent a lot of money to get oral sex in strip clubs.

:lmao

It really shows the honor of Team USA Basketball to make sure that guys who back out on their word like Kevin Garnett don't play for them again. Obstructed View hits another out of the park.

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
playing for the US? i mean i know he has already won a gold medal, and was going to play in 2004, but backed out a few months before the olympics. while i feel he is overrated, IMO he fits the international style perfectly and would be great to have on the US team. i remember he had a reason before, but forgot. why is it that he wont play?

Uh, you want team USA to win the gold right? ;)

balli
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
^ Are you being serious with that signature? If so, suck a fat dick.

Anti.Hero
08-08-2008, 05:26 PM
lol @ the image of Bush bringing up so much hate in people.

I am floored that Kobe was in the back for that picture :wow

z0sa
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
^ Are you being serious with that signature? If so, suck a fat dick.

Crybaby.

Thank you, Bush.

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
^ Are you being serious with that signature? If so, suck a dick.

Like you and the media do to Barack Obama everyday?

No thanks. :lol

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Crybaby.

Thank you, Bush.

:toast

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
lol @ the image of Bush bringing up so much hate in people.

I know, people just need to chill sometimes. Never have I said anything negative to someone for having a Barack Obama signature or avatar.

I thought this was a free country.

Oh well, I guess there was a reason why that guy was already on my ignore list. :lol

balli
08-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Let's face it, the yo-yo president of the U.S.A. knows nothing. He is a dunce. He does what he is told to do, says what he is told to say, poses the way he is told to pose. He is a fool.

No. Nonsense. The president cannot be a Fool. Not at this moment in time, when the last
living vestiges of the American Dream are on the line. This is not the time to have a bogus rich kid in charge of the White House.

Which is, after all, our house. That is our headquarters, it is where the heart of America lives. So if the president lies and acts giddy about other people's lives, if he wantonly and stupidly endorses mass murder by definition, a loud and meaningless animal with no functional intelligence and no balls.

To say this goofy child president is looking more and more like Richard Nixon in the summer of 1974 would be a flagrant insult to Nixon.

Whoops! Did I say that? Is it even vaguely possible that some New Age Republican whore-beast of a false president could actually make Richard Nixon look like a Liberal?

The capacity of these vicious assholes we elected to be in charge of our lives for four years to commit terminal damage to our lives and our souls and our loved ones is far beyond Nixon's. Shit! Nixon was the creator of many of the once-proud historical landmarks that these dumb bastards are savagely destroying now: the Clean Air Act of 1970; Campaign Finance Reform; the endangered species act; a Real-Politik dialogue with China; and on and on.

The prevailing quality of life in America-by any accepted methods of measuring-was inarguably freer and more politically open under Nixon than it is today in this evil year of our Lord 2002.

The Boss was a certified monster who deserved to be impeached and banished. He was a
truthless creature of former FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, a foul human monument to corruption and depravity on a scale that dwarfs any other public official in American history. But Nixon was at least smart enough to understand why so many honorable patriotic U.S. citizens despised him. He was a Liar. The truth was not in him.

Nixon believed, as he said many times, that if the president of the United States does it, it can't be illegal. But Nixon never understood the much higher and meaner truth of Bob Dylan's warning that "To live outside the law you must be honest."

The difference between an outlaw and a war criminal is the difference between a pedophile and a Pederast: The pedophile is a person who thinks about sexual behavior with children, and the Pederast does these things. He lays hands on innocent children, he penetrates them and changes their lives forever.

Being the object of a pedophile's warped affections is a Routine feature of growing up in America, and being a victim of a Pederast's crazed "love" is part of dying. Innocence is no longer an option. Once penetrated, the child becomes a Queer in his own mind, and that is not much different than murder.

Richard Nixon crossed the line when he began murdering foreigners in the name of "family values"- and George Bush crossed it when he sneaked into office and began killing brown skinned children in the name of Jesus and the American people.

When Muhammad Ali declined to be drafted and forced to kill "gooks" in Vietnam he said, "I ain't got nothin' against them Viet Cong. No Cong ever called me ######." I agreed with him, according to my own personal ethics and values. He was right.

If we all had a dash of Muhammad Ali's eloquent courage, this country and the world would be a better place today because of it. Okay. That's it for now. Read it and weep....

See you tomorrow, folks. You haven't heard the last of me. I am the one who speaks for the spirit of freedom and decency in you. Shit. Somebody has to do it. We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world-a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us... No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we'll kill you.

Well, shit on that dumbness. George W. Bush does not speak for me or my son or my mother or my friends or the people I respect in this world. We didn't vote for these cheap, greedy little killers who speak for America today- and we will not vote for them again in 2002. Or 2004. Or ever.

Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush? They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill "gooks". They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are racists and hate mongers among us-they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not.
Fuck them.

And that was 2002. It's amazing to me and that much worse, that knowing what you know now in 2008 after the lowliest 8 years in presidential history, after all the terrible damage and pain that has been inflected on America and The World, you're actually thanking that monstorous and evil piece of shit. I'd have been less offended by a signature celebrating Hitler.

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 06:13 PM
A lot of us on this forum are American and we have the right to believe and say anything we want.

Let's not make this a political disscusion.

balli
08-08-2008, 06:18 PM
A lot of us on this forum are American and we have the right to believe and say anything we want.
Sure do. And I have the right to criticize and take offense to it while thinking terrible things about you because of it.

Let's not make this a political disscusion.
Okay, I'm done as of now, but if you didn't want a political discussion, you shouldn't have made a political sig that appears outside of the political forum. I loathe neo-conservatism and George Bush more than any other ideology or person on Earth and I literally cannot contain my hatred. I can't help myself, so I try to avoid it altogether by not going into the political forum much. But you brought praise of Bush to me in the wider Spurstalk community and I just can't tolerate that shit. Sorry.

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Sure do. And I have the right to criticize and take offense to it while thinking terrible things about you because of it.

Okay, I'm done as of now, but if you didn't want a political discussion, you shouldn't have made a political sig that appears outside of the political forum. I loathe neo-conservatism and George Bush more than any other ideology or person on Earth and I literally cannot contain my hatred. I can't help myself, so I try to avoid it altogether by not going into the political forum much. But you brought praise of Bush to me in the wider Spurstalk community and I just can't tolerate that shit. Sorry.

I've seen people with Barack Obama sigs oustide of the political forum before.

Also, hatred of Bush on this forum comes from threads that have nothing to do with politics all the time.

Believe me, I have hatred of just as many things as you do. But I don't act like an animal over them.

I totally dissagree with what you and a lot of other liberals on this forum are saying, and you can bet I think "terrible things" about them, but I don't start calling people names or saying filthy and vulgar things to them because of it like you do. :rolleyes

balli
08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I've seen people with Barack Obama sigs oustide of the political forum before.

The difference being Barack Obama and his supporters aren't responsible for lying America into hundreds of thousands of lost lives and trillions of wasted dollars. Nor the huge transfer in wealth from the lower and middle classes to the upper and investor classes. Nor Katrina. Or the CIA thing. Or the record half trillion dollar budget defecit. Or all the environmental de-regulation and destruction. Or the devaluing of the dollar and the record inflation. Nor any of the other innumerable scandles and calculated tragedies that have been inflicted on this country and world. So yeah, the difference is that having a Barack Obama sig doesn't equate to being proud and thankful for the blood you've accumulated on your Republican hands for the last 8 years.

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 06:58 PM
The difference being Barack Obama and his supporters aren't responsible for lying America into hundreds of thousands of lost lives and trillions of wasted dollars. Nor the huge transfer in wealth from the lower and middle classes to the upper and investor classes. Nor Katrina. Or the CIA thing. Or the record half trillion dollar budget defecit. Or all the environmental de-regulation and destruction. Or the devaluing of the dollar and the record inflation. Nor any of the other innumerable scandles and calculated tragedies that have been inflicted on this country and world. So yeah, the difference is that having a Barack Obama sig doesn't equate to being proud and thankful for the blood you've accumulated on your Republican hands for the last 8 years.

There is what I'm talking about, you have the right to believe whatever you want on this forum as long as you're for Obama. BS

I'm not responsible for any deaths or lies or "blood", because I support Bush. What you believe is just an opinion.

ThunderStix®
08-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm not arguing with you anymore.

You can't argue with people who believe a man could be responsible for a hurricane or any other natural disaster that was out of his hands.

There was a reason for this war even if people can't see it.

The Muslims don't hate us because of Bush, they hate us for our backing of Israel. That's why those Islamic terrorists attacked us on 9/11. They even said so themselves.

So, unless they get Israel, which they won't, because it would be an abomination of the Bible, we will be at war with an Islamic country till the end of time. Get used to it.

And as for Europe, I don't give a damn what they think of us. They would hate us no matter what we did.

Ghazi
08-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I've never met a smart Bush supporter, ever.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Kevin Garnett is a choke artist and USA basketball is better off without him. I'm sure that the rest of the world would tremble at the thought of lining up against someone so good at deferring to his teammates and a player who absolutely dominates at putting his ego on the back burner to let his team shine.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Kevin Garnett should be on Team USA. He brings the athletic ability to rebound and defend while still possessing the more perimeter oriented offensive game befitting international play.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
See how easy that is?

balli
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I've never met a smart Bush supporter, ever.

I hate to say I have, but it's the vast minority and usually it's a smart rich person who only supports Bush because he enables their growing wealth. Then I guess I can't say however, that I've met a smart Bush supporter, who also had moral scruples.

And, it's one thing to be like, "yeah, I fucked up and voted for the guy," or "I inititally thought Iraq was a good idea." But to sit here in 2008 and be all idealogue brainwashed and thankful for what Bush has done (or in Katrina's case, not done) seems incredibly scummy, or dumb... or both.

Even in the lunatic right wing fringes of the political forum you find a lot of dissatisfaction with Bush and the so called Grand Ol' Party. Needless to say, a lot of Bob Barr supporters have popped up. And henceforth, the public thankfulness in basketball forums towards Bush's "service" seems to be not only what was said above, but also overtly divisive and in your face.

balli
08-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Kevin Garnett should be on Team USA. He brings the athletic ability to rebound and defend while still possessing the more perimeter oriented offensive game befitting international play.
Sorry.

I too would make the case that his shooting, perimeter and passing skills out of the half court set are unparralleled in terms of comparison to Bosh/Boozer/Howard. Often in the NBA setting his willingness to pass is seen as a deficient part in his game, however, I believe it would lend itself well to the international setting. I also think he's a better post player than those guys, with again, a better ability to pass out of the post. Still, I really wish Duncan would've forgiven and forgotten after 2004. It would really be nice to have him on the block instead of Howard.

mystargtr34
08-08-2008, 10:50 PM
His perfectly suited for FIBA,

Soft.

z0sa
08-09-2008, 12:53 AM
And that was 2002. It's amazing to me and that much worse, that knowing what you know now in 2008 after the lowliest 8 years in presidential history, after all the terrible damage and pain that has been inflected on America and The World, you're actually thanking that monstorous and evil piece of shit. I'd have been less offended by a signature celebrating Hitler.

You are a piece of shit, first and foremost, and anyone who was persecuted by Hitler's regime would spit on your fucking face. Just this one phrase lets me know just how wack your beliefs are.

GTFO, or name one president who doesn't have a full RESUME OF FUCKUPS. That's right, not a single one, not even George Washington the slave owner.

Oh, and in case you forgot, Bush won the popular vote in 2004, ie after 2002 dumbass. Why don't you call out the some odd 54% of the nation who voted for Bush?

ThunderStix®
08-09-2008, 02:31 AM
You are a piece of shit, first and foremost, and anyone who was persecuted by Hitler's regime would spit on your fucking face. Just this one phrase lets me know just how wack your beliefs are.

GTFO, or name one president who doesn't have a full RESUME OF FUCKUPS. That's right, not a single one, not even George Washington the slave owner.

Oh, and in case you forgot, Bush won the popular vote in 2004, ie after 2002 dumbass. Why don't you call out the some odd 54% of the nation who voted for Bush?

Thank you so much Z0sa. :toast

For Ballujuana, since he loves Hitler...

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/08/07/hitler460.jpg

mffl89
08-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Because KG chokes even in FIBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lMNKMTFvd4

Watch around 4:04.
Sorry I don't know how to put videos on here

ThunderStix®
08-09-2008, 02:55 AM

Once a choker, always a choker. :lol ;)

Leetonidas
08-09-2008, 03:02 AM
This political bullshit faggotry needs to stay where it belongs.

...even if ballijuana is right.

sprrs
08-09-2008, 03:47 AM
No. I loathe Boozer more than any Jazz player in the past 10 years. He's a no-defense (not just bad defense, no defense) finesse coward, who get's shook as fuck when people actually guard him. He has no mental or true physical toughness whatsoever. I'd trade him away for defense and cap space without thinking twice.

The only thing I'm enjoying about his making the USA team is watching his ass rot on the end of the bench.

Boozer for Udoka?

GetNashty
08-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I know, people just need to chill sometimes. Never have I said anything negative to someone for having a Barack Obama signature or avatar.

I thought this was a free country.

Oh well, I guess there was a reason why that guy was already on my ignore list. :lol
Well, let's be fair here. It's a free country only if we're allowed to bitch about and criticize the opinions of others. So he's not putting you in jail or anything for you Bush thing, but it's kind of hypocritical of you to complain and bring up freedom when he's doing the same thing as you.

confined
08-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Wow Dice all over the place there, it's a shame that he was injured so often in his career

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Well, let's be fair here. It's a free country only if we're allowed to bitch about and criticize the opinions of others. So he's not putting you in jail or anything for you Bush thing, but it's kind of hypocritical of you to complain and bring up freedom when he's doing the same thing as you.

It's ok to criticize people for their opinion, I can give you that, but it's wrong to start calling people names or saying filthy and vulgar things because of it.

Can't we have a disscusion without getting all nasty about it?

Thunder Dan
08-10-2008, 08:45 AM
he is too intense for International play