PDA

View Full Version : Heat Still Looking to Deal Haslem?

SenorSpur
08-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Interesting find.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53932/20080808/heat_still_looking_to_deal_haslem/

The Heat are reportedly contemplating the idea of trading forward Udonis Haslem for help at either point guard or center, according to The Palm Beach Post.

Pat Riley is apparently worried that Miami wouldn't get enough back in return for Haslem in a trade.

Bartleby
08-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Memphis should get in on that since they have a logjam at PG.

mystargtr34
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Basically a quicker more atheltic Kurt Thomas... solid post defense and a good consistent mid range shooter.

I like him because he can also guard quicker 4's so in that sense he would bring something different to the table.

T Park
08-09-2008, 09:09 AM
not enough to get him unfortunately.

benefactor
08-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Don't think we can do it. He makes 6.5mil next season and 7.1 mil the next. We don't have the contracts to make it happen.

wildbill2u
08-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Interesting find.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53932/20080808/heat_still_looking_to_deal_haslem/

The Heat are reportedly contemplating the idea of trading forward Udonis Haslem for help at either point guard or center, according to The Palm Beach Post.

Pat Riley is apparently worried that Miami wouldn't get enough back in return for Haslem in a trade.

Bone spur surgery on ankle ended his most productive season last year. Shot 46% on FG but zero 3pts. Avg 12ppg and 9 reb. Bone spurs almost always return so you'd have a chronic problem down the line.

Do I hear rumblings of Oberto and Vaughn for Haslem out there?

urunobili
08-09-2008, 09:26 AM
it would be a dream come true.. a mature Gist and a West/Odom/Dirk stopper... :depressed

Spurs16212
08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Don't think we can do it. He makes 6.5mil next season and 7.1 mil the next. We don't have the contracts to make it happen.

Trade Oberto and Bonner..... Miami would get a decent center and an outside bigman......

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-09-2008, 12:28 PM
not enough to get him unfortunately.

Signed, Marcus Camby for a second rounder and Houston trash for Artest.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Hmm, using my Houston and LAClip front office decoder ring, this looks like a good idea...

Sign Pargo
Sign Hill ($1.2 million)

Trade:

Hill - 1.2 million
Vaughn - 1.2 million
Oberto - 3.5 million

Throw in a little cash for Riley's trouble, and a future first rounder for kicks (come on, our front office would blow the pick anyway...).

kobyz
08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Hmm, using my Houston and LAClip front office decoder ring, this looks like a good idea...

Sign Pargo
Sign Hill ($1.2 million)

Trade:

Hill - 1.2 million
Vaughn - 1.2 million
Oberto - 3.5 million

Throw in a little cash for Riley's trouble, and a future first rounder for kicks (come on, our front office would blow the pick anyway...).

they have Calmers they not need another young PG and Oberto has negative trade value.
the only way we can get Haslem is if we give up on Mahinmi.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I was working off the line about Miami needing help at PG and C. So we'd give them two point guards and a center, and then some.

Chalmers is nice, but Riley has played Wade at PG before, and has always been enamored with tall points. So we'd give him one in Hill, and a solid backup (chuckle) in Vaughn.

I don't think Oberto has negative trade value, and the bottom line is picking at center are slim to begin with. Oberto has been serviceable, and most of the legit centers in the league are in the West. Riley could get away with a guy like Oberto at C in the East.

mbass
08-09-2008, 12:48 PM
they have Calmers they not need another young PG and Oberto has negative trade value.
the only way we can get Haslem is if we give up on Mahinmi.

It's definitely worth giving up Mahinmi.

kobyz
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I was working off the line about Miami needing help at PG and C. So we'd give them two point guards and a center, and then some.

Chalmers is nice, but Riley has played Wade at PG before, and has always been enamored with tall points. So we'd give him one in Hill, and a solid backup (chuckle) in Vaughn.

I don't think Oberto has negative trade value, and the bottom line is picking at center are slim to begin with. Oberto has been serviceable, and most of the legit centers in the league are in the West. Riley could get away with a guy like Oberto at C in the East.

Oberto can be serviceable C only on the spurs along side duncan, in any other team he will not see minutes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Oberto can be serviceable C only on the spurs along side duncan, in any other team he will not see minutes.

I disagree. The Heat like to get out and run a freelance offense around Wade. Oberto's a great passing big man, he and Wade would work well together in the pick and roll.

edgar
08-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Do anything and everything you can Spurs to get this guy! :ihit

Streakyshooter08
08-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I would love to have Haslem. I simply doubt the Spurs have any pieces that are intriguing for Miami. One can only hope...

benefactor
08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
I disagree. The Heat like to get out and run a freelance offense around Wade. Oberto's a great passing big man, he and Wade would work well together in the pick and roll.
Yeah...but don't forget the Oberto man crush Pop has. They might be worried about pissing of Manu too since its his countrymen. I doubt we move Oberto.

TwoHandJam
08-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Another stellar move from our FO to cut this guy back when he was on our summer team and would've been super cheap. Now we're tripping over ourselves to take on his 7Mil dollar contract.

JPB
08-09-2008, 03:14 PM
People have to understand that Oberto, Vaughn or Bonner have no value as main pieces of a trade.
They could be fillers along side with more attractive players but doesn't interest anybody just for themselves, even if you pack them.

mrspurs
08-09-2008, 05:08 PM
yeah what (mystargtr34) said, and if the heat are looking for a point that can play now, as per rileys demands, imo we dont have him. if the math is right on what people say he makes then add him to my list of overpaid players........id rather lose with ian and pay less, then win with haslem and never get the chance to spend money later down the road. i dont see haslem improving much(then again i dont watch the heat) ian has tons to improve. once again its all about father time

08-09-2008, 06:08 PM
the only trade assets the spurs have outside duncan, ginobili, and parker are vaughn and udoka's expiring contracts worth around 2 million combined. and maybe mahinmi because he still has potential. spurs should try to increase bonner's stock by playing him more. bonner's actually a decent rebounder and 3 pt shooter which is good enough to be a solid backup PF on a bottom playoff team. otherwise the spurs will have to wait another year so that the majority of the team's contracts will be expiring. unless the heat want bonner packaged with vaughn and udoka, getting haslem will be a long shot.

wildbill2u
08-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Pop wasted Bonner's year by keeping him on the bench even in blowouts in the latter part of the year so little or no trade bait value.

td4mvp21
08-09-2008, 07:03 PM
I would really really enjoy having Haslem on the team.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't worry Spurs fans, one day you'll have to be pitiful like us Rocket fans and sit back and say "remember those good ol' days when we won titles"