PDA

View Full Version : Popularity of KOBE In Beijin and the oddity

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-09-2008, 03:06 PM
This was the oddity of the night. Behind the Chinese president and the entire national team, the one athlete who appeared to get the loudest ovation was none other than Kobe Bean Bryant. The moment was so odd that even U.S. journalists were looking at each other in puzzlement. The Russian, Chinese and American presidents were here, but Kobe was the head of state tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news;_ylt=As0_oW3vbVxOoQYoCvIHMyo5nYcB?slug=cr-ceremony080808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lisa Leslie:

BEIJING (AP) - Welcome back to my Olympic diary. I just left the opening ceremony and it was awesome. China did a great job with the torch lighting and the fireworks.

But the one thing we all learned is Kobe (Bryant) is the most popular player here, maybe the most popular athlete at the Olympics. The crowd was chanting his name, "Kobe, Kobe," and the volunteers who were supposed to be guiding us were trying to get autographs. It is so out of control with Kobe that LeBron James cracked, "I thought I was famous until I got here with Kobe." Kobe is big here in China

i was lost for words when i heard the ovation. i couldn't belive it it's one of the highlight of my life that i will never forget how much kobe is loved and admired by billion and billion peoples in the world.

best in the world - no doubt
most popular- go watch olompics

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Kobe Sets Off Wave Of Kobemania In Beijing

"They were respectful enough not to touch Bryant, but they wanted to be in his presence. It was small-scale Beatlemania."

"The crush of cameras and microphones surrounding Bryant was twice that of LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the next most in-demand player."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080809.OLYKOBE09/TPStory/Sports

Indazone
08-09-2008, 07:05 PM
The Chinese value skill and that is why many of them will be rooting for Team USA in the Olympics. Team USA actually has home court advantage in these games because of that fact. They want their own team to win of course but many do not think they have a chance. With Yao, while the majority of Chinese like the man, they also think he does not play with heart.

dickface
08-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I guess China just really likes rape.