PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's future in SA

Gsaz
08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Do you think he will stay here if Duncan has his eventual retirement? hes still pretty young.

will he want to stay here if Gino and Duncan are slowing down???????? I'm kinda worried hes gonna bolt for LA when he has the opportunity.

manufor3
08-09-2008, 09:44 PM
He'll stay

ivanfromwestwood
08-09-2008, 09:50 PM
of course he will stay. it will be his team by then. besides he and eva are building that nice house and shes a texas girl. no popparazi here either. what else can you ask for.

nfg3
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Ultimately you never really know but I would suspect that he will stay in Texas.

3 rings so far and counting.

ducks
08-09-2008, 10:17 PM
depends what the front office tells him
if pop will be here
if not who will be coach
also they ask for his imput on players
they are trying to make him feel important

edgar
08-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Tony will be gone. My sources (my mind) tell me he wants more publicity and therefor may bolt to a bigger market.

ducks
08-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Tony will be gone. My sources (my mind) tell me he wants more publicity and therefor may bolt to a bigger market.

what makes you say that?

his wife should be done with tv by the time his contract is up

if I am the spurs though I extend him again as soon as possible before europe does something strange like land kobe

raspsa
08-09-2008, 10:34 PM
It depends on a lot of factors. Will the Spurs suck with TD and Manu gone? If the replacements for both aren't apparent. will Parker have the patience to go thru a rebuilding phase? What kind of money will he be getting in SA vs. what he can earn elsewhere. Building a house in SA may not really be an indicator of his intent to stay.. houses can be leased and sold or moved into later rather than sooner.. It would be nice if Parker stayed in SA but nothing's for sure in the NBA.

byrontx
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
There will likely be a little Parker then and SA is a good place to raise him (her?), not LaLa Land.

Kori Ellis
08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I think it will depend on if the Spurs are doing a good job building around him. He's repeatedly said that he wants to stay here, so we'll see. Eva is a Texas girl and they want to have a big family, so she might just be a happy housewife by then rather than a Desperate one.

I'm more worried about what the Spurs do this upcoming season than what's going to happen that far down the line.

mrspurs
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM
It depends on a lot of factors. Will the Spurs suck with TD and Manu gone? If the replacements for both aren't apparent. will Parker have the patience to go thru a rebuilding phase? What kind of money will he be getting in SA vs. what he can earn elsewhere. Building a house in SA may not really be an indicator of his intent to stay.. houses can be leased and sold or moved into later rather than sooner.. It would be nice if Parker stayed in SA but nothing's for sure in the NBA.

yes alot of factors (eva makes tons of money in front of cameras, i dont see her stopping that, shes still very young and talented)....yes the spurs will suck without td and manu.....most likely not, as far as immediate replacements (im guessing your replacement is his french buddy ian,who is still young, but imo never gonna be a david or timmy)... no parker wont have the patience to rebuild.....imo money isnt a factor anymore(i lived in alamo heights before moving out of the city, tommy lee's house wasnt far away. anyone in here ever see it? its nice and i hear its his smallest)....and yes eva and tony have a wonderful home, but like most multimillionaires, they have more then one, and not only in the usa.....and yes nothing is for sure in the nba... and ill add, id put my money on parker going to LA cos thats where the cameras are and like i said before......the both of them make millions in front of cameras:married: life is good

Kori Ellis
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
yes alot of factors (eva makes tons of money in front of cameras, i dont see her stopping that, shes still very young and talented)....yes the spurs will suck without td and manu.....most likely not, as far as immediate replacements (im guessing your replacement is his french buddy ian,who is still young, but imo never gonna be a david or timmy)... no parker wont have the patience to rebuild.....imo money isnt a factor anymore(i lived in alamo heights before moving out of the city, tommy lee's house wasnt far away. anyone in here ever see it? its nice and i hear its his smallest)....and yes eva and tony have a wonderful home, but like most multimillionaires, they have more then one, and not only in the usa.....and yes nothing is for sure in the nba... and ill add, id put my money on parker going to LA cos thats where the cameras are and like i said before......the both of them make millions in front of cameras:married: life is good

Could you try to capitalize and use periods just to make your posts more readable? I'm not being witchy; they are just very hard to read.

peskypesky
08-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I think Parker will leave once Duncan is retired. He'll still probably be in his prime, and he'll want to go to a LA (if he's still with Eva).

DANILO DRASKOVIC
08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
he will go where ever Eva is...and she'll be in New Orleans with me.

angelbelow
08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
i just hope he doesnt ask for big money in the range of what duncan is making.

ducks
08-09-2008, 11:23 PM
he will go where ever Eva is...and she'll be in New Orleans with me.

what are you 2

Trainwreck2100
08-09-2008, 11:25 PM
He's gone

lakehorn
08-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I think he will want a max salary next time around, and the front office needs to have quality players around him. Tony, will be the face of the Spurs in a few short years.

ducks
08-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I think he will want a max salary next time around, and the front office needs to have quality players around him. Tony, will be the face of the Spurs in a few short years.

no kidding
and then what will spur fans do

Trainwreck2100
08-10-2008, 12:12 AM
cry

Spurtacus
08-10-2008, 01:02 AM
I see Parker going to another team in his 30's.

mrspurs
08-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Could you try to capitalize and use periods just to make your posts more readable? I'm not being witchy; they are just very hard to read.
im not gonna change the way i type, cos i try to get better at everything, everytime, and everywhere i go, call it my burden (since joining this site, i think ive tried to get more understandable). i would never be able to leave the keyboard and enjoy my coffee quick enough.....thou i hope it doesnt offend you and it isnt meant to, this is how i type. and your not the only one who says i dont make sense, i hear it all the time. ill be honest with ya, im more of a point and you do without me even saying a word kinda man.(hard thing todo with a keyboard in a forum)......ill do my best to continue making more sense by the way i type, the last thing i want is to be like tim duncan. i have to know and do everything and all you get is a facial expression.......and btw witches dont scare me, there everywhere:wow

boutons_
08-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Tony is property.

If his owners/coach/GM think they can upgrade the team by trading Tony away, they'll do it.

Probably won't happen until after Tim is gone and Tony is mid-30s.

The bigger question is how long Tim will hang around.

camachoDAC
08-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Following and building upon the current trend of NBA-gone-Euro, Tony will bounce and build Eva a mansion over-looking the Parisian country-side

romain.star
08-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Camacho, I know you're joking but you can be sure that Tony will never leave the NBA before he retires. He's living his dream right now being an NBA player.

weebo
08-11-2008, 01:30 PM
This team would be worthless without Manu so Parker might as well have his bags packed once Manu retires.

urunobili
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
TP is the shit... he'll be with us forever haters!

spursfan09
08-11-2008, 05:01 PM
This team would be worthless without Manu so Parker might as well have his bags packed once Manu retires.

Tim called. He said he wants to kick your ass.... online...playing video games

Spuradicator
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
He'll stay, and they will build around him

anakha
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
im not gonna change the way i type, cos i try to get better at everything, everytime, and everywhere i go, call it my burden (since joining this site, i think ive tried to get more understandable). i would never be able to leave the keyboard and enjoy my coffee quick enough.....thou i hope it doesnt offend you and it isnt meant to, this is how i type. and your not the only one who says i dont make sense, i hear it all the time. ill be honest with ya, im more of a point and you do without me even saying a word kinda man.(hard thing todo with a keyboard in a forum)......ill do my best to continue making more sense by the way i type, the last thing i want is to be like tim duncan. i have to know and do everything and all you get is a facial expression.......and btw witches dont scare me, there everywhere:wow

Even with proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling, this post still would have left me scratching my head.

LakerLanny
08-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm kinda worried hes gonna bolt for LA when he has the opportunity.

You should be! We all know who wears the pants in that family! :hat

peskypesky
08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
He'll stay, and they will build around him

Build around a point guard? Who's not really a point guard? You can't build around a point guard. That's absurd. I mean, if it's Magic Johnson or maybe even a younger Jason Kidd, but that's like 2 out of a thousand point guards. Basketball is about big men. You build around big men.

EvaLongoria
08-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Tony going where????? lol lol lol,,,he stays with me,baby !!!! He is mine,,,,,i want 5 kids, 2 Golden Retrievers, 1 Jack Russell Terrier and basketball court on my yard, here in Texas !!!

vander
08-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Build around a point guard? Who's not really a point guard? You can't build around a point guard. That's absurd. I mean, if it's Magic Johnson or maybe even a younger Jason Kidd, but that's like 2 out of a thousand point guards. Basketball is about big men. You build around big men.

the celts built around Rondo and it worked out pretty well, just add an aging shooter, a defender, and a big guy and you're done :toast

wisnub
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Do you think he will stay here if Duncan has his eventual retirement? hes still pretty young.

will he want to stay here if Gino and Duncan are slowing down???????? I'm kinda worried hes gonna bolt for LA when he has the opportunity.

He's not gonna bolt to LA even if Duncan is gone...SA is slowly becoming his team;he spend all his life there. Its called family. Spurs is currently THE BEST RUN US SPORT FRANCHISE according to ESPN, measuring from 4 most popular sport in US (New England Patriots was no 2 if im not mistaken). They got history of overly tight spending budget,but looking at TP salary u know he wont complain about money (No 2 behind Duncan). If he's smart, he will become like Magic Johnson who retired as a Lakers and forever associated with successful Lakers franchise.
Besides, Duncan got history to take less payment and flexible in terms of contracts length time to adjust Spurs budget and enable Spurs to get another franchise player (which Im still waiting for this to happen,hopefully in 2010 bullshit bid). If he's gone then Spurs got millions $ to spend on new player. Might as well shopping for another big man. But besides all speculations..i still believe big 3 are class acts....loyalty under iron hand of Pop (TP was being reported angry in his early days with Pop,and then realize that all Pop want to do was push him to be the best he can be)

DaDakota
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
He will stay in Texas.

Hey Tony, Houston is an awesome city...welcome aboard !!

:D

DD

ducks
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
he does not miss 1/3 of the games like superstars have to
so he can not go to houston

slayermin
08-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Eva is a Texas girl and they want to have a big family, so she might just be a happy housewife by then rather than a Desperate one.

:lol