View Full Version : Monroe: Duncan may miss one game

Kori Ellis
02-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Duncan may miss one game
Web Posted: 02/06/2005 08:19 PM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/storyindex.html

The Spurs held Tim Duncan out of the contact portion of their Sunday practice because of soreness in his hyperextended left knee and coach Gregg Popovich expressed doubt that Duncan could play both games of a back-to-back set Tuesday and Wednesday.

"We'll see how it goes," Popovich said. "He's getting better every day, but we want to be real careful with that. He didn't go today at practice and I want to see how he gets through (practice) tomorrow."

Nesterovic nearly ready: Center Rasho Nesterovic, on the injured list with a sprained right ankle, went through most of the practice session and likely will be activated at some point on the four-game road trip that begins Tuesday in Charlotte, N.C.

"Rasho had his first practice today and by the end he got sore again," Popovich said. "I'm sure somewhere on the road trip he will be ready to go, but I'm not sure where."

Robert Horry, who has a variety of ailments, also practiced, and should be ready for the road trip.

Valuable time: Popovich said the four-day break the Spurs have between their Feb. 3 game at Los Angeles and their game Tuesday in Charlotte was badly needed.

"That's why we took a second day off on Saturday," Popovich said. "We needed that more than we needed some drills on the court."

Said guard Manu Ginobili: "We have been in a tough stretch, but it's good to get our legs back and be ready to go again."

usckk
02-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Man our bigmen are really banged up.

Ginofan
02-07-2005, 07:44 AM
We really shouldn't need him against Charlotte right? The extra rest will be good for him.

Mark in Austin
02-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Maybe he wouldn't have to miss a game if he stayed home and rested instead of running around town chasing after Kkkarl Malone.

[/timvp]

SpursWoman
02-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Maybe he wouldn't have to miss a game if he stayed home and rested instead of running around town chasing after Kkkarl Malone.

[/timvp]

:lmao :lmao

Rummpd
02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
That is why I am angry at the Mailman, putting aside all his history with DR etc. - if he really wanted to help this team and earn some plausible recognition for helping out = if you are ready sign a 10 day contract, play 10 or so minutes a game as insurance, see how it goes and help Tim and Rasho get better, then make his friggin final decision = instead of after Rasho and Tim healthy again.

Supergirl
02-07-2005, 01:55 PM
We definitely need them even against Charlotte. People don't realize how important Rasho is until he isn't there, and people like Pryzbilla have amazing games.

1Parker1
02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
if he really wanted to help this team and earn some plausible recognition for helping out = if you are ready sign a 10 day contract, then make his friggin final decision = instead of after Rasho and Tim healthy again.

Hey Rummpd, I noticed you like to use the = sign in all your posts...what's up with that? :)

sa_butta
02-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I would rather have Duncan out now for a game or two than risk further injury when we need him in April (playoffs). Rasho should be back off the IR this week :)

Kori Ellis
02-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Well now that he hurt his ankle today, he'll get the rest he needs by sitting out against Charlotte. The Spurs have four games in six nights, so I would think he'd be back soon though.

T Park
02-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Well now that he hurt his ankle today

He reinjured the ankle yesterday??

Not good. This could be a reoccuring problem the rest of the year.