PDA

View Full Version : Add Boozer To The List

edgar
08-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Boozer not ruling out European offers
Sunday, August 10, 2008

-----------------------------------
With big-bucks, multi-year deals recently drawing NBA players like Josh Childress and Carlos Arroyo to play international ball overseas, could Carlos Boozer be drawn away by foreign interests?
Boozer, who is eligible to opt out of the final season of his six-year, $68-million contract next offseason, said he would be open to all offers - including with a foreign team.
"As a business decision, we definitely would have to look at it," said Boozer, in Beijing as a second-time Olympian. "But it doesn't mean that you're on the next flight out."
He said he would "absolutely" consider the possibility, "if my wife was down with it and the money was right."

Link
----
http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/basketball/2008/08/10/boozer_not_ruling_out/

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, he's shown he's a willing sellout before, so it wouldn't be a surprise...

Pero
08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, he's shown he's a willing sellout before, so it wouldn't be a surprise...

My thoughts exactly. :lol
He'll go where the most money is.

manufor3
08-10-2008, 01:52 PM
wow, the nba better think fast...

The Franchise
08-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Well you already know he's untrustworthy. Does self serving come as a suprise?

jack sommerset
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Good. Maybe one day they can crown the true world champion even if that team plays in Italy.

Girasuck
08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Don't let the door hit you in your lazy, fat ass on your way out Boozer. See ya.

Findog
08-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing he'll come to a handshake agreement with the Jazz on an extension, then the next thing you know you'll see him on tv being introduced as the newest member of CSKA Moscow.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Regardless of his rep, count on hearing every single player with free agency looming telling anyone who will listen that they'll entertain offers from Europe. I'd guess that maybe 20% are serious and the rest it's just a negotiating ploy. "I'd consider playing in Europe for more money" is the new black.

Spurminator
08-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Why would any NBA player ever say he would NOT consider offers from Europe? Exactly how would that benefit a player?