PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio

Indazone
08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I am really really impressed with this kid. In 13 min he scored 7 pts. 1 reb, 1 ast against Greece. I think he's going to be better than Calderon. What do you think he'll go in the draft?

I'm picking him to be drafted in the top 5 or at least the first player selected in the 2nd Rd. due to Euro/Dollar considerations and what happened to Splitter.

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-10-2008, 02:22 PM
hell nahh he aint even on sun yue's level...

Indazone
08-10-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/rickyrubio.html

NBA Comparison: Walt Frazier/Steve Nash

Strengths: The problem with Ricky Rubio is: Where to start? He has more skill than anyone in his worldwide age group. Including but not limited to: Defense, anticipation, intelligence, ball handling, PG (vision) creation, rhythm, coordination, ambition, scoring and personality ... He is practically ambidextrous, has good foot speed (not great) and excellent body control ... With excellent use of speed/ direction changes he excels both on the open court and the half court game as a set up or assist man ... Catch and shoot is quick and clean ... A smart rebounder, he gets optimum position under both boards ... Voted the best Euro young player for 2007, he has only acceptable shooting %'s both from 2 and 3 points. His shooting delivery is consistent with no waste of time or extra movement. I ve thought about it a lot and think the best comparison to past-present NBA players would be the best of both Walt Clyde Frazier and Steve Nash ... At 17 years old he is already a feared and well respected ACB and Euro-level competitor. He is a warrior and plays all out, all the time. On top of that knows how to flop (with this kid it's an art form) ... He's also a master at getting to the FT line, where he knocs down a high rate (80%) ... Adventurous in his passing, he has two skills; Seeing and when necessary, creation of passing lanes. Excellent. Statistically he is a gem and he has personality. He leads. He knows how to win ... He will become a household name in many more households.

Weaknesses: His outside shooting needs to continue to improve ... Maturity will bring the necessary leg strength and stability to shoot with better consistency ... His ratio of Assists/ Turnovers needs improvement, time and experience being the only necessary elements required. Related to this: His youthful inexperience sometimes gets him caught out of control when competing with physically stronger men at the highest Euro level ... He is thin but will fill out as his frame is good.

IronMexican
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Rubio will be the #1 pick next year.

he will be a very good player.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM

:tu

JamStone
08-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Top 5 draft pick or first pick in the second round?

You gave it quite a range there.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
:lol

Indazone
08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
The reason I put him as the first pick in the 2nd round is because of the situation with the last few Euro's drafted in the first round.

For Euros, NBA Draft begins in round two

June 24, 2008

With the NBA Draft only two days away, I made some more reflections about this annual ceremony that is the hope for NBA fans to get additional talent for their team.

The trend of drafting Europeans has slowed a bit in recent years after some casting errors and refusals to join the big league. As a European prospect, unless you are an extraordinary talent entering the lottery, it is no longer worth getting drafted in the first round.
I’ve already addressed this in terms of salary in a previous article (http://www.ballineurope.com/us-basketball/nba/is-it-still-worth-being-drafted/), but I’m trying to look at this from an NBA executive’s point of view today. If you draft a top European talent like Ante Tomic or an already-confirmed Euroleague starter like Nikola Pekovic at the end of round one, your team will probably never see this guy jumping the ocean to join the NBA.
The contracts that such players are currently signing in Europe are beyond the amount they can ever earn in the United States, due to the rookie salary restrictions. There is, of course, the fame factor of playing against the best, but for many young European basketball players, the NBA is not the top priority anymore.
So can we say that the Euro Draft now begins only in the second round?

Essentially, what this article says that by drafting a Euro player you could potentially waste your first round draft pick. That said, picking Ricky Rubio with a top 5 pick is not out of the question because the kid is that good that an NBA team might take a chance on him and take on the risk of wasting a high first round pick.

http://www.ballineurope.com/us-basketball/nba/the-nba-draft-for-euros-begins-in-the-2nd-round/

naico
08-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Seriously overrated.

TheMadHatter
08-10-2008, 04:54 PM
The kid is only 17. Way too early to be making any sort of predictions.

One thing I can tell is he has natural PG skills and just moves effortlessly with the ball on the fast break.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
08-10-2008, 06:07 PM
he wasnt scared and he was attacking the rack
I like him

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
I am really really impressed with this kid. In 13 min he scored 7 pts. 1 reb, 1 ast against Greece. I think he's going to be better than Calderon. What do you think he'll go in the draft?

I'm picking him to be drafted in the top 5 or at least the first player selected in the 2nd Rd. due to Euro/Dollar considerations and what happened to Splitter.

He will be much better than Floperon. Floperon is most over rate player in world.

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
^ People on this forum will finally respect what Kill Bill Pana has to say. ;)

Or at least pay more attention to his posts. :lol

Nothing will make me though. :p:

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
If he keeps improving, top 3. The kid already has 2 years of pro experience, has played for Spain in under 15 and under 17 competitions and with the senior squad. He has a very good skill set for running the point and tremendous potential.

He looks quite damn good, and he doesn't back down from pressure. He has played against point guards 15 years older than him and owned them. One of the thing to improve if he wants to move to the NBA is his three point shot selection. That means shooting more and better, because in the NBA the European pass-first kind of point guard isn't valued too much except for Calderón.

hater
08-11-2008, 08:55 AM
damn, spains gonna be good for a while.

I would not be surprised if they beat usa

Texas_Ranger
08-11-2008, 08:58 AM
He'll be 7th pick. or 35th pick.:sleep

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2008, 08:59 AM
1 good game and you wanna use the first pick on him?

fiba rules dont even translate to nba transition of play......

endrity
08-11-2008, 09:48 AM

1 good game?

The boy has been talked about for two years now. He is a bit of a surprise to the American public, but he has long been considered as the best player in the world for his age group.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-11-2008, 09:54 AM

Apparently, this is the first time you hear of him.

manufor3
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
hell nahh he aint even on sun yue's level...

you wish sun yue was half the player rubio is

tlongII
08-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Rudy!

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-11-2008, 07:48 PM
ROFL, Rudy blows in comparison to Rubio.

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 07:53 PM
http://62.15.226.148/fot/2008/05/14/8556407.jpg

IronMexican
08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Rudy!

Rudy<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Rubio

endrity
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM

For those that don't know, Bojan Krkic is a soccer teen prodigy, about the same age as Rubio.

Buddy Holly
08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
And his lover, it seems.

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 08:45 PM
And his lover, it seems.

:lol That's what I was thinking. ;)

Hemotivo
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
top ten

naico
08-12-2008, 04:02 AM
..just got his ass swatted by little Chen.

China leads, yes leads, at halftime: 46-37

And for all those Calderon>Spanoulis..Calderon is terrible so far.

ThunderStix®
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
..just got his ass swatted by little Chen.

China leads, yes leads, at halftime: 46-37

And for all those Calderon>Spanoulis..Calderon is terrible so far.

Calderon is better in the NBA, that's all that matters.

naico
08-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Thats how the US team lost the Olympics and WC's, carying those thoughts.

21_Blessings
08-12-2008, 08:17 AM

He really isn't though. Rubio is like 384083243803 times the defender Calderon is.

And he's only 17

ThunderStix®
08-12-2008, 08:21 AM
He really isn't though. Rubio is like 384083243803 times the defender Calderon is.

And he's only 17

I never said he was better than Rubio, I don't even know anything about Rubio. :lol

I was saying Calderon > V-Span.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM
:lol

tlongII
08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
LMAO at those saying Rubio is better than Rudy.

endrity
08-12-2008, 06:15 PM

LMAO at a silly Blazers fan. Rudy is better now, but the only other prospect who was as ready for the NBA at the age of 17 as Ricky is, in my lifetime, LeBron James. Rubio is a phenomenal talent, and playing the hardest position to master this early, the PG.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-12-2008, 06:34 PM

I would choose Rubio for my team first over Rudy any time. But Rudy is very good role player. Just not as good as Spanish fans says he is, he is a role player not any star. I would want Rudy over Calderon though because Calderon is even worse in D than Rudy is, his defense is horrible.

ThunderStix®
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Thats how the US team lost the Olympics and WC's, carying those thoughts.

Well, they underestimated them, but the NBA is still a lot better than the Euro league.

It doesn't really matter what happens in international games, the United States has the best players in the world, and always will.

Give the current U.S. squad years of playing together like most of those Euro teams, and they would never be challenged.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Rubio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rudy
Was Rudy ever a #1 overall pick in mock drafts when he was 17?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM

Two different kinds of players. Rudy Fernandez is a scoring shooting guard, good shooter and passer, great slasher. Has a feel for attacking the basket and in that aspect is similar to Manu. He also gambles a lot in defense to go for the steal and run the fastbreak.

Ricky Rubio is a pass first point guard. Great passing, ballhandling and defense. Impressive in rebounding and play calling for a 17 year old point guard. Has an acceptable (if somewhat inconsistent) long range shot and looks promising when attacking the basket. If he improves those last two aspects of his game, he'll be a top 3 pick...or even never make it to the NBA because some European team will spend many euros on him if the current trend continues.

fotan2
08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
this guy impressed me on the 5 steals he made . he's got some quick hand .

tlongII
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
LMAO at a silly Blazers fan. Rudy is better now, but the only other prospect who was as ready for the NBA at the age of 17 as Ricky is, in my lifetime, LeBron James. Rubio is a phenomenal talent, and playing the hardest position to master this early, the PG.

Apparently you've never heard of Greg Oden.

hater
08-12-2008, 09:54 PM
how the fuck are ppl comparing a big guard/sf to a smallish PG????

Fernandez is a beast. Portland is lucky to get him.

Rubio is still green and who knows what happens. but it's obvious he got potential to be better than the greek Steve Nash/chinese Magic/argentine Pistol Pete put together

bdictjames
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM
What is up with foreign players being compared to hall-of-famers?

He is very determined for defense, and has really tons of upside. I think he'll be like Kidd.

hater
08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
What is up with foreign players being compared to hall-of-famers?

when is the last time you have seen a 17 year old PG shine in Olympic play?

tlongII
08-13-2008, 01:42 AM
He's not really shining. He scored 1 point last game.

der Kaiser
08-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Well, they underestimated them, but the NBA is still a lot better than the Euro league.

It doesn't really matter what happens in international games, the United States has the best players in the world, and always will.

Give the current U.S. squad years of playing together like most of those Euro teams, and they would never be challenged.

Settle down Ronald Reagan. The NBA is only better if you like seeing "Superstar" basketball, where one guy is bigger than the team and the game is played the wrong way.

Right now there are better players in the NBA but the better basketball is played in Europe.

Memo: The Spurs are the only team that comes to mind that play basketball the right way, the "european" way. If the Lakers dont win it this year I'm pulling for the Spurs.

endrity
08-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Apparently you've never heard of Greg Oden.

The 46 year old, who has yet to play a game in the NBA?

endrity
08-13-2008, 04:10 AM

Well you clearely didn't see the game, or read some of the recaps or Kobe Bryant's comments. His defense changed the game in the second half, he was putting on full court pressure that experienced NBA guards can.

And he is doing this as a 17 year old!!!!!

hater
08-13-2008, 09:28 AM

:rolleyes

if you had watched the game, you would have seen he was #1 or #2 reason Spain came back. He succesfully pestered and used his good D on the chinese guards, caused turnovers and made plays.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Kid
can
play.

3rd or 31st.

tlongII
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM

if you had watched the game, you would have seen he was #1 or #2 reason Spain came back. He succesfully pestered and used his good D on the chinese guards, caused turnovers and made plays.

Big deal. The Chinese guards suck ass.

nkdlunch
08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Big deal. The Chinese guards suck ass.

so in your conclusion, even though USA commentator could not stop talking about himm, he is nothing special?

bdictjames
08-13-2008, 10:57 AM
when is the last time you have seen a 17 year old PG shine in Olympic play?
He's surrounded by stars.

Findog
08-13-2008, 12:52 PM
He's the Spanish Pistol Pete.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
He's the Spanish Pistol Pete.

No he is not. This is stupid comparison. He is not going to be scoring 70 points in games. He is not type of player to try domination just with scoring.

Findog
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
so in your conclusion, even though USA commentator could not stop talking about himm, he is nothing special?

You can forget spamlongII posting 87 threads slurping off Ricky Rubio.

Findog
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
No he is not. This is stupid comparison. He is not going to be scoring 70 points in games. He is not type of player to try domination just with scoring.

I was referring to his handles and showmanship.

nkdlunch
08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
You can forget spamlongII posting 87 threads slurping off Ricky Rubio.

unless Rubio is somehow drafted by blazers

Gidster
03-25-2009, 08:36 AM
The New Ricky Rubio Mix is out on the internet!

New Ricky Rubio Mix (http://coachbox.info/2009/03/25/new-ricky-rubio-mix/)

10 minutes of must see ! :wow

tlongII
03-25-2009, 09:03 AM
It will be interesting to see how he can get his shot off in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
It will be interesting to see how he can get his shot off in the NBA.

He cannot get his jump shot off in the Euroleague so he cannot in the NBA either even though NBA has weaker defense in perimeter. Rubio must change everything about his shot. He have no elevation on his shot, horrible form, terrible release, it is a set shot and his release is one of slowest I have ever see at pro levels.

But he is 18 so this is really no surprise. He will have to work on his jump shot even to become good player in Euroleague or NBA. He can get his shot by driving in NBA any time but of course he will also be blocked some like he is even in ACB level because he plays below rim.

None of this really matters because he can pass the ball and make offense happen. He is like Kidd he does not need to shoot so much. But also like Kidd in half court teams will just leave him open all the time. But I think though when he is open he would be more effective than Kidd was. Maybe like Kidd is now where he can at least make some shots when left wide open.

Anyway Rubio is for sure better than Rudy and Floperon.

He is not in same level at this time as the better point guards in Euroleague like Dimitris Diamantidis, Theo Papaloukas, JC Navarro, Vassilis Spanoulis, Pablo Prigioni, Terrell McIntyre, Nikos Zisis and some of the guards like that but he is already better I think than ones like JR Holden, Jaka Lakovic, Carlos Arroyo, Omar Cook, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Raul Lopez, Carlos Cabezas, Pepe Sanchez, Aaron Miles, Earl Calloway, Travis Best, Mantas Kalnietis, Sergio LLull, Jannero Pargo, Ibby Jaaber, Brandon Jennings, Milos Vujanic, Davor Kus, Morris Finley, Dee Brown, Demond Mallett and the others.

So at 18 he is already better than some good Euroleague points guards and some that have played in the NBA before. It is only very best Euroleague point guards that is better than him. But still I think he is already better than Rudy Fernandez and Jose Calderon.

Teodosic and Rubio is a little harder. I am not sure what to make of Teodosic. Teodosic should really be a two guard in defense because he cannot guard one because of speed I think. And he is not so big for two position a bit small for this spot. Is hard to say he should maybe be consider better than he is at his age but then again I think talent is there. Teodosic has potential to be as good as Rubio or even better probably but he seems not to use his ability at all so he is maybe a lost cause.

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey Kill Bill what do you think of Sergio Llull out of Real Madrid. You think he looks like a good triangle PG to you?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey Kill Bill what do you think of Sergio Llull out of Real Madrid. You think he looks like a good triangle PG to you?

I am not sure really. But he is definitely a scoring and shooting guard not a passing one. And he has good size for point position. Yes probably he is more type of "point guard" that Phil Jackson likes. Might be a good fit in this type of offense.

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I am not sure really. But he is definitely a scoring and shooting guard not a passing one. And he has good size for point position. Yes probably he is more type of "point guard" that Phil Jackson likes. Might be a good fit in this type of offense.

I agree and his defense is actually pretty good for a youngster. I think he'd be a great fit on the Lakers. Hope he stays on the board till when the Lakers pick.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I agree and his defense is actually pretty good for a youngster. I think he'd be a great fit on the Lakers. Hope he stays on the board till when the Lakers pick.

Now that I think of him he actually is maybe like a more athletic and weaker version of Fisher. Style is kind of similar.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2009, 09:48 AM

uber-ghey

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Now that I think of him he actually is maybe like a more athletic and weaker version of Fisher. Style is kind of similar.

Hopefully he can finish better than him at the rim. As of right now he does need to hit the weight room, but he's still young so it's understandable. And yeah they're style is a little similar but Llull is much more athletic, his shot not as dependent, but a better defensive player. And he can pass even though he gives the ball up a lot in the half court set. Like Fish giving the ball up to Kobe. They are kinda similar. And LLull has nice height for a PG.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Hopefully he can finish better than him at the rim. As of right now he does need to hit the weight room, but he's still young so it's understandable. And yeah they're style is a little similar but Llull is much more athletic, his shot not as dependent, but a better defensive player. And he can pass even though he gives the ball up a lot in the half court set. Like Fish giving the ball up to Kobe. They are kinda similar. And LLull has nice height for a PG.

Yep this is pretty good assessment. But I don't think finishing around rim he would be any better than Fisher although maybe it would be because he is taller and more athletic.

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Yep this is pretty good assessment. But I don't think finishing around rim he would be any better than Fisher although maybe it would be because he is taller and more athletic.

Yeah I noticed he did have a little problem with that. Hard to say now because of his age and how skinny he looks. If he hits the weight room it will help him absorb contact better. He has a problem taking contact and finishing. Either way he would be a real nice pickup at the end of the first round. He also seems to have that big shot mentality like Fisher does as well.

tlongII
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
No way he's better than Rudy. Not now anyway. Rudy can jump and he can hit the 3-ball.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 10:44 AM
No way he's better than Rudy. Not now anyway. Rudy can jump and he can hit the 3-ball.

Please enough already. Rudy is a nice player to have on your team and he can be a role player in a top club. You know he the championship type role player or whatever. But he is NOTHING compared to Rubio.

Rudy is an average player in talent and his basketball skills are incomplete.

Yes I give you that he is a much more athletic and better shooter than Rubio that is definitely true. But believe me as overall players Rubio is way better. Overall offense Rubio is better for sure and in defense Rubio is so much better it is a joke to even compare them.

Believe me Rubio is easily better than Rudy is. Rudy is a role player in Blazers, he is a role player in Spanish national team and he would be a role player in any of the biggest Euroleague clubs.

Give Rubio some time and and he can be much more than that. He is also a role player in same scenarios now so it is closer in time now but still even now he is better.

Rubio is better now that Rudy and Calderon. Because as an overall player his offense is better and his defense is so much much better by a lot. So now Rubio is better than them and give him a few years and it won't even be close.

lil_penny
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I think rubio is going to be a really good Pg in this league no doubt. hes got great playmaking and ball handling and is a pretty decent defender also.. hopefully it all translates over to the NBA fine.. probably going to take some time but i think its going to work out for him, I see him going 3rd.

Bukefal
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Kill Bill pana, even though we have certain differences, i really want to give you credit for your motivation, knowledge of all these players and such a huge interest in basketball, and taking the time to write such big posts.

Gia mas!

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Kill Bill pana, even though we have certain differences, i really want to give you credit for your motivation, knowledge of all these players and such a huge interest in basketball, and taking the time to write such big posts.

Gia mas!

Thanks. I have many years in training as a player and coach.

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm also one of those that looks forward to Kill Bill's posts. He may get easily excited but his knowledge of European players is top notch :toast

IronMexican
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM

Hey, dumbass, Ricky Rubio wont be the #1 pick.

layupdrill
03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Rubio will be as good as the system/team he goes too. If he winds up in Memphis, he could be another lost talent.

mogrovejo
03-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm also one of those that looks forward to Kill Bill's posts. He may get easily excited but his knowledge of European players is top notch :toast

True, but he can be extremely biased, to the point of being nonsensical. His delusions of grandeur with the financial ability of Greek teams and Spanoulis' basketball skills are hilarious.

Llull still has 2 more years in his contract with Real, he won't join the NBA before 2011. And I thing he'll be gone when the Lakers have their 2nd round pick (or do you have an additional one?).

Expectations about Rubio are too high. He still has to develop a big part of his game. But his upside is fantastic. It'll be very important for him to land in the right situation.

Purple & Gold
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
True, but he can be extremely biased, to the point of being nonsensical. His delusions of grandeur with the financial ability of Greek teams and Spanoulis' basketball skills are hilarious.

Llull still has 2 more years in his contract with Real, he won't join the NBA before 2011. And I thing he'll be gone when the Lakers have their 2nd round pick (or do you have an additional one?).

Expectations about Rubio are too high. He still has to develop a big part of his game. But his upside is fantastic. It'll be very important for him to land in the right situation.

Supposedly they will let him go. Lakers have 2 second round picks (Bobcats pick) and their late first rounder. He will go early in the second round. Lakers would need to spend their first rounder on him. Not sure about his contract details and what he can do to get out of it. But of course that's always a concern when dealing with European players.

Rubio will be good he's still way young and I'm sure he will keep working on his game. He's a solid prospect.

Indazone
03-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Right now I would take Rubio over Spanoulis because he's young. Hasn't fully developed his game yet and has tremendous upside.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Right now I would take Rubio over Spanoulis because he's young. Hasn't fully developed his game yet and has tremendous upside.

Rubio will be great. But I am not sure if you can compare him to Spanoulis or Papaloukas or Diamantidis or Prigioni yet. Right now they are all better than him.

However Diamantidis is not a real point guard. He is a combo guard in offense and even actually more like a small forward in defense. Papaloukas is a point forward actually in offense and he cannot guard any point guards or any small forwards either so he is a shooting guard on defense. Both of them have their weaknesses there and would be an issue in NBA.

Prigioni and Spanoulis are definitely point guards in both offense and defense like Rubio and they are still better than him.

tlongII
03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Please enough already. Rudy is a nice player to have on your team and he can be a role player in a top club. You know he the championship type role player or whatever. But he is NOTHING compared to Rubio.

Rudy is an average player in talent and his basketball skills are incomplete.

Yes I give you that he is a much more athletic and better shooter than Rubio that is definitely true. But believe me as overall players Rubio is way better. Overall offense Rubio is better for sure and in defense Rubio is so much better it is a joke to even compare them.

Believe me Rubio is easily better than Rudy is. Rudy is a role player in Blazers, he is a role player in Spanish national team and he would be a role player in any of the biggest Euroleague clubs.

Give Rubio some time and and he can be much more than that. He is also a role player in same scenarios now so it is closer in time now but still even now he is better.

Rubio is better now that Rudy and Calderon. Because as an overall player his offense is better and his defense is so much much better by a lot. So now Rubio is better than them and give him a few years and it won't even be close.

:lmao

Did you read my post? I said that Rudy is better now! Ricky might be better eventually, but there's no freaking way he's better now.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
:lmao

Did you read my post? I said that Rudy is better now! Ricky might be better eventually, but there's no freaking way he's better now.

I am sorry but Rubio is better right now. Right now he is better than Rudy and Calderon. He is not as good as some other point guards in Euroleague like i said yet as Papaloukas, Prigioni, Spanoulis, Diamantidis, probably also Mcintyre, but he is yes right now better than Rudy and Calderon.

You see all of the above players are in fact better than Rudy and Calderon right now.

Darthkiller
03-25-2009, 08:22 PM
lol. Rudy Fernandez is the best sg from europe.

tlongII
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
I am sorry but Rubio is better right now. Right now he is better than Rudy and Calderon. He is not as good as some other point guards in Euroleague like i said yet as Papaloukas, Prigioni, Spanoulis, Diamantidis, probably also Mcintyre, but he is yes right now better than Rudy and Calderon.

You see all of the above players are in fact better than Rudy and Calderon right now.

That must be why Rudy played more minutes in the Olympics than Ricky...

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 10:19 PM
lol. Rudy Fernandez is the best sg from europe.

No. Not even was he the best SG in Spain. In Spain Rakocevic > Rudy

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Rudy is a good player do not get me wrong but you really look stupid putting him with or even better than Rubio. Rudy is in no way in the class of player like Rubio.

tlongII
03-25-2009, 10:36 PM

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I think some here have never ever see any European players ever play a single game other than if they were in the NBA.

Many PackYao
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I think some here have never ever see any European players ever play a single game other than if they were in the NBA.
So, what channels on Comcast do you watch your Euroball?:p:

Agloco
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM

Go back to sleep.....:sleep