PDA

View Full Version : Pargo Trying to Decide Between Spurs or Europe?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Don't know how credible it is, it's from a RealGM forum.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=832286

OT - Pargo may be next player to jump overseas
by InsideInfo on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:19 pm

I spoke to a source of mine....sorry i cant say who it is, but they told me that Pargo wants to stay in the NBA and sign with the spurs who are offering 2M a year. The reason he hasnt signed yet is because he also has an offer on the table from Europe to play for 4M per year.

Pargo doesnt want to leave the NBA but playin in Europe is tax free because the club pays your taxes.....gettin 4M overseas would be the same as him getting 6M a season in the NBA

Im pretty sure pargo is going to stay in the NBA and go wherever he can make the most money, but that is an awful lot of money for him to turn down.

T Park
08-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't suprise me, but, hard to believe it.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't suprise me, but, hard to believe it.

Whats hard to believe?

DaDakota
08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
The club pays your taxes in that country, he would still have to pay his personal INCOME tax in the good ole USA.

DD

Russ
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
It better not be Tau Ceramica.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-10-2008, 09:34 PM
The club pays your taxes in that country, he would still have to pay his personal INCOME tax in the good ole USA.

DD

Not if he stays there for two years.

Brutalis
08-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Go to Europe you stank ass.

baseline bum
08-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I'd love to have Pargo here, but if it was me, I'd go to Europe.

mrspurs
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
them dang euro's best not mess with my plan, if they do, im gonna mess up their hair

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh those Europeans... :lol

T Park
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Whats hard to believe?

A random poster on a message board.

Sorry if I don't take this as gospel.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2008, 10:00 PM
How many yachts can Pargo water ski behind?

Mister Sinister
08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
15 thousand.

T Park
08-10-2008, 10:14 PM

Im sure olympiraskafari or whoever signs him would give him 5.

SenorSpur
08-10-2008, 10:15 PM
At this point, I can't blame him for considering a more lucrative offer. Either way, I just wish he'd get on with it already.

edgar
08-10-2008, 10:15 PM
he better come here. :bang

Lakers_55
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
This is a bit off-topic, but if the money is so great in Europe, why do we have so many of their best players here in the NBA? I don't want to make a new topic, hope someone replies. I remember back in the 70's old and washed up MLB players could sign for big bucks in Japan....

DROB4EVER
08-10-2008, 10:27 PM
This is a bit off-topic, but if the money is so great in Europe, why do we have so many of their best players here in the NBA? I don't want to make a new topic, hope someone replies.

Thats a good question, what seems to be going on imo is we take their best players, and they overpay to replace will our role players.

Right now no doubt if you are a star you will make more in the NBA after your rookie contract is up, but if youre a solid role player, and your being offered 3 yrs 8 mil in the states and 3yr 16 plus no taxes over seas, hard to turn it down.

Tully365
08-10-2008, 10:30 PM
This is a bit off-topic, but if the money is so great in Europe, why do we have so many of their best players here in the NBA? I don't want to make a new topic, hope someone replies. I remember back in the 70's old and washed up MLB players could sign for big bucks in Japan....

This is a recent development because basketball is gaining popularity there and the value of the dollar has dropped so dramatically here.

ducks
08-10-2008, 10:31 PM
the owners do not want to pay for a real star over there
just role players so far

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
This is a bit off-topic, but if the money is so great in Europe, why do we have so many of their best players here in the NBA? I don't want to make a new topic, hope someone replies.

Because they only over spend American scrubs. They don't want to over spend on their own players by giving them 20-50 million Dollar a year contracts.

Even the Euros know American scrubs are better and more entertaining than their scrubs. :king

Whether we're talking about good players or bad players. Everyone knows the best are from the U.S.

Lakers_55
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Thats a good question, what seems to be going on imo is we take their best players, and they overpay to replace will our role players.

Right now no doubt if you are a star you will make more in the NBA after your rookie contract is up, but if youre a solid role player, and your being offered 3 yrs 8 mil in the states and 3yr 16 plus no taxes over seas, hard to turn it down.

thanks for replying, this makes sense. I guess what we have to worry about is when they start signing the (examples only) Kobe's, Lebron's, Tim's, etc with bigger salaries than we can pay.

ducks
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
tim will never play in euro

ducks
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
he better come here. :bang

would you?

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
would you?

I'd sign with San Antonio or any where else in the NBA before I'd ever spend a few years of my life in Europe.

DROB4EVER
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
thanks for replying, this makes sense. I guess what we have to worry about is when they start signing the (examples only) Kobe's, Lebron's, Tim's, etc with bigger salaries than we can pay.

I wouldnt panic about it but Stern needs too look into it, I hate to see guys who are good players leave even though its a good move for them.

I cant see Kobe or Lebron going over there even if they say they would consider it. NBA is the best league in the world and true compeitors will stay to try and beat the best.

But as a spurs fan I wouldnt mind if Kobe goes!:blah

ducks
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
I would to
I love the usa
and nothing like bringing your kids overseas and having no friends for them to play with
(they can not speak that language)

DROB4EVER
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Tuff call for Pargo!! Hope he stays and signs with us, we could really use his scoring.
With him we could actually put a good scoring second team on the floor.

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
I would to
I love the usa
and nothing like bringing your kids overseas and having no friends for them to play with

Even if we don't agree about LeBron James, at least we can agree about something. :lol

picnroll
08-10-2008, 10:41 PM
What's going to be pretty funny is that Europe's economy is starting to tank, dollar is starting to improve against the Euro and Europe is starting to experience serious inflation just as these guys are going over.

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 10:49 PM
What's going to be pretty funny is that Europe's economy is starting to tank, dollar is starting to improve against the Euro and Europe is starting to experience serious inflation just as these guys are going over.

I hope all those traitors who took the Euro over the Dollar never make it back to the NBA once the Dollar rises again.

Mr. Body
08-10-2008, 11:01 PM

Europe's tanking because the US is dragging it down. It won't be as bad as the US is going to get. Purely an American problem.

I'd take more money playing fewer games living in beautiful Europe with all kinds of kick-ass beautiful European babes around. It's a no-brainer.

K-State Spur
08-10-2008, 11:16 PM

This past month has been a good one for the dollar.

But fear not, our politicians know how to look a gift horse in the mouth and are ready to unleash a second stimulus package which - no doubt - will be GREAT for inflation and the value of the dollar...

Sean Cagney
08-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I hope all those traitors who took the Euro over the Dollar never make it back to the NBA once the Dollar rises again.

Money over loyalty, and thats what it's always gonna be. Guess a few mill a year here is not enough to live comfortably for the rest of your life (From just one year). Guess they need 8 or so mill a year even if they are not worth it at all.

Remember the last guy who 20 mill for three years was not enough for, it could not feed his family and now he is selling his yauchts and stuff :lol:lol

timtonymanu
08-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Pargo better hurry up and decide.

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Europe's tanking because the US is dragging it down. It won't be as bad as the US is going to get. Purely an American problem.

I'd take more money playing fewer games living in beautiful Europe with all kinds of kick-ass beautiful European babes around. It's a no-brainer.

The women or the land over there is no better looking then here.

Their cars are better looking though.

Europe has nothing on the United States. Sorry.

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
The women or the land over there is no better looking then here.

Their cars are better looking though.

Europe has nothing on the United States. Sorry.

Go live there and then talk shit

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
alot of these players have a wife
and can buy any women they want in the usa
they do not have to go overseas for that
unlike some posters here
like the posters that keep talking about the women over there

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:31 PM
alot of these players have a wife
and can buy any women they want in the usa
they do not have to go overseas for that
unlike some posters here
like the posters that keep talking about the women over there

Dutch prostitutes didn't want to touch you?

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:32 PM

he refuses to even if he might make a dollar more:hat:hat:hat:hat:hat:hat

ThunderStix®

I'm not "talking shit". I just don't like these traitors thinking they know Europe.

If they think Europe is so much more better or better looking than America, then get hell out of here.

You couldn't pay me to live in that atheist communist dump.

ducks
Dutch prostitutes didn't want to touch you?

I do not need prostitute like you

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:33 PM

:lol

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:33 PM

Ooooh.... touché :rolleyes

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm not "talking shit". I just don't like these traitors thinking they know Europe.

If they think Europe is so much more better or better looking than America, then get hell out of here.

Wow.... you need to travel

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:36 PM

are you going to pay for the passports and for his trip,hotel, body guards, and food

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:36 PM

I've heard the way they talk about the U.S and Israel. I also know they're more inclined to back the Palestinians than Israel.

Again, I don't care what it looks like, I would never live there.

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:37 PM
does it look like this over there http://www.westga.edu/~jmayer/Tetons%201993/tetons.jpg

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I've heard the way they talk about the U.S and Israel. I also know they're more inclined to back the Palestinians than Israel.

Again, I don't care what it looks like, I would never live there.

I can understand that.

Especially after seeing your sig

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Look, there are great looking places around the world, and the people may be good looking there. But they're not good looking people on the inside.

knee-knee-3
For many, money = loyalty. And why the hell not? Most pro players don't have guaranteed extended careers like our big three.

lefty
are you going to pay for the passports and for his trip,hotel, body guards, and food

No, but I can list some hotels where he can score

ducks
http://www.eiu.edu/~geoscience/images/tetons.jpg

ThunderStix®
I can understand that.

Especially after seeing your sig

Well, then we're done talking. :)

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Look, there are great looking places around the world, and the people may be good looking there. But they're not good looking peopke on the inside.

True.

But that's the case in every single country. Including yours; including mine

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
http://www.cyclelogicpress.com/images/photoalbum/usa2/Grand-Tetons.jpg

knee-knee-3
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
does it look like this over there http://www.westga.edu/~jmayer/Tetons%201993/tetons.jpg

Are those the Swiss Alps?

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Ducks, WTF ?

:lmao

Avitus1
08-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Fucking Europe..

ThunderStix®
True.

But that's the case in every single country. Including yours; including mine

You're right, there are bad people in every country, including ours.

At least the majority of ours support Israel and believe in the real God. That's why we and the Jews have been blessed with money and power. :lol

ducks
no they are the tetons in jackson hole,wyoming IN THE USA

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:44 PM
You're right, there are bad people in every country, including ours.

At least the majority of ours support Israel and believe in the real God. That's why we and the Jews have been blessed with money and power. :lol

:lol:toast

lefty
08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Ducks is having wet dreams about "Little House on the Prairie"

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
:lol:toast

Are you agreeing with me? :lol

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Ducks is having wet dreams about "Little House on the Prairie"

ducks has a wife and 2 kids
ducks does not need wet dreams like you :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

GetNashty
08-10-2008, 11:47 PM
I would to
I love the usa
Even if we don't agree about LeBron James, at least we can agree about something. :lolRidiculous. Children would easily pick up the language, not to mention so many Europeans already speak English, since you know...ENGLISH IS FROM EUROPE.

I sometimes wonder how ignorant they breed us here in the USA.

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:47 PM
ducks does not need wet dreams like you :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

But wouldn't you like a nice little house for your family. ;) :lol

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Ridiculous. Children would easily pick up the language, not to mention so many Europeans already speak English, since you know...ENGLISH IS FROM EUROPE.

they could but they only have 2 year contract

is the same english from the south or the english from the west

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Ridiculous. Children would easily pick up the language, not to mention so many Europeans already speak English, since you know...ENGLISH IS FROM EUROPE.

I never said anything about speaking English, that was Ducks.

I was agreeing about not wanting to go to Europe. I know we all came from there idiot. :rolleyes

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:50 PM
texas has their own english to

knee-knee-3
08-10-2008, 11:51 PM

If you don't paint with broad strokes, you won't come off as a novice.

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:53 PM
texas has their own english to

So does New York.

I guess people from Michigan speak proper English. :lol

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:55 PM
So does New York.

I guess people from Michigan speak proper English. :lol

no az speaks proper english especially ducks:downspin:

ThunderStix®
08-10-2008, 11:58 PM
no az speaks proper english especially ducks:downspin:

You live in AZ?

It must be fun to live around Suns fans after the beating their team takes from the Spurs every year. :lol

picnroll
08-10-2008, 11:59 PM

Europe is tanking because they have a real estate bubble and a welfare state with an inflexible labor force propping up low worker productivity and high benefits relative to productivity in contrast to the US' debt problems. Painting Europe's ills as all US induced is stupid.

ducks
08-10-2008, 11:59 PM
You live in AZ?

It must be fun to live around Suns fans after the beating they take from the Spurs every year. :lol

it is :hat:hat:hat:hat:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::lol :lol:lol:lol:lol

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 12:02 AM
it is :hat:hat:hat:hat:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::lol :lol:lol:lol:lol

I would root for the Suns when ever they played the Spurs until they got Shaq.

After that, during that last playoff series, you would have thought I was a Spurs fan the way I was cheering them on. :lmao

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Are you agreeing with me? :lol

Actually I'm drunk

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM

You do?

WTF are you doing in a forum so late??? :lmao

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Actually I'm drunk

drowing your sorries that you have no money to buy some and have no woman?

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:06 AM
drowing your sorries that you have no money to buy some and have no woman?

I have plenty of women :toast

But I don't have money :depressed

ducks
You do?

WTF are you doing in a forum so late??? :lmao

I am on my mac watching tv and my wife is on the coach and my youngest kid is still up

it is only 10:00 pm here

ThunderStix®
My brother's seconed favorite team is the Suns, so when I was in the same room I wouldn't cheer because I didn't want to annoy him.

When Duncan hit that three, and Ginobili hit the game winner, I was exploding on the inside even if I didn't show it. :lol

Manu is my favorite player not in a Pistons uniform.

knee-knee-3
Actually I'm drunk

whatcha drinkin?

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I am on my mac watching tv and my wife is on the coach and my youngest kid is still up

Cool.

But I don't really give a sh...

ThunderStix®
Actually I'm drunk

So you don't... :depressed :lol

ducks
My brother's seconed favorite team is the Suns, so when I was in the same room I wouldn't cheer because I didn't want to annoy him.

When Duncan hit that three, and Ginobili hit the game winner, I was exploding on the inside even if I didn't show it. :lol

Manu is my favorite player not in a Pistons uniform.that is cool you cheered for the spurs

:flag::flag:

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Cool.

But I don't really give a sh...

I know
I just love being on computers
I worked overtime last week fixing computes
and still have to be on computer today on my day off:hat

I was online looking to see if pargo made up his mind yet

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:08 AM

No comment :D

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 12:10 AM
that is cool you cheered for the spurs

:flag::flag:

Yeah, I have a lot of respect for them because of the way they handle themselves on and off the court.

I also gained a lot of respect for Ginobili after the 2005 Finals. Even if I hated him for a while after. :lol

I always hope the Spurs win it all if the Pistons don't. I was disgusted with the Finals this year.

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I have a lot of respect for them because of the way they handle themselves on and off the court.

I also gained a lot of respect for Ginobili after the 2005 Finals. Even if I hated him for a while after. :lol

I always hope the Spurs win it all if the Pistons don't. I was disgusted with the Finals this year.
yes
I was upset at the schedule for the western conference finals:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I gotta go now.

Nice talkin' to yall. :lol

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:12 AM
see you later

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:13 AM

:lmao

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I gotta go now.

Nice talkin' to yall. :lol

is your wife girlfriend calling you

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 12:14 AM
yes
I was upset at the schedule for the western conference finals:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

I thought that was kinda weird after that long break between game 6 and game 7 of the Hornets series.

I still can't believe the refs didn't give Barry that call at the end of game 4.

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 12:15 AM
is your wife girlfriend calling you

No, I don't have a girlfriend. :depressed

Bye now. :lol

ducks
ok my wife is on the sofa
feeding my duckling
I am on my mac

lefty
I thought that was kinda weird after that long break between game 6 and game 7 of the Hornets series.

I still can't believe the refs didn't give Barry that call at the end of game 4.

How about that plane that didn't take off?

And the fact that all the hotels in NO were booked ?

Weird........................

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:16 AM
ok my wife is on the sofa
feeding my duckling
I am on my mac

Aaah pheeeew...

Don't worry about Pargo.

We still have TP :toast

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:17 AM
How about that plane that didn't take off?

And the fact that all the hotels in NO were booked ?

Weird........................
ONLY IN THE GREAT USA
DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THAT

ACTUALLY I CAN NOT STAND NEW ORLEANS
THAT TOWN IS PATHETIC:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

wildbill2u
08-11-2008, 12:17 AM

Only one, but it can get a lot bigger and he can throw in a plane.

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:18 AM
ONLY IN THE GREAT USA
DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THAT

ACTUALLY I CAN NOT STAND NEW ORLEANS
THAT TOWN IS PATHETIC:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

It's Stern's fault.

He wanted Lakers - Celtics so much

Not to mention Gasol pushing Okur at the end of game 5 (Jazz series)

ducks
08-11-2008, 12:20 AM
I wonder if the nba players are now thinking things could be fixed with the refs
and want more leverage with the comments to euro and some players actually going over there

lefty
08-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I wonder if the nba players are now thinking things could be fixed with the refs
and want more leverage with the comments to euro and some players actually going over there

Good point

AC#21_TD ERA
08-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Screw Europe, there's another victim at the hands of Europe. NBA players are money hungry these days, its not like the old days where NBA players will just play for the love of game and the money wasn't such a huge issue. Euro Basketball sucks it puts me to sleep.

your_pimp
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
You ain't getting Pargo...and ain't going nowhere.

your_pimp
08-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Screw Europe, there's another victim at the hands of Europe. NBA players are money hungry these days, its not like the old days where NBA players will just play for the love of game and the money wasn't such a huge issue. Euro Basketball sucks it puts me to sleep. The Spurs put me to sleep :sleep

anakha
08-11-2008, 03:43 AM
The Spurs put me to sleep :sleep

Yao's performance so far in the Olympics can't be making you happy, Louis.

Tully365
08-11-2008, 04:26 AM

If you are referring to the entire continent of Europe as an "atheist communist dump" then you are 1) talking shit, and 2) uneducated.

dg7md
08-11-2008, 05:28 AM
atheist communist dump.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Bruno
08-11-2008, 06:40 AM
http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt

Murray has reportedly been offered a contract worth $2.5 million USD ($5 million gross) by Dynamo. Dynamo coach David Blatt also has his eye on former Hornets guard Jannero Pargo, who is being pursued by San Antonio and Denver. Those teams were offering a little more than $2 million. Pargo’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, is using the interest in Russia as leverage with the NBA clubs.

I hope Pargo will go in Europe.
Pop believed in Hill before the draft and the best way to develop him is to give him consistent playing time in NBA.

ThunderStix®
08-11-2008, 07:38 AM
If you are referring to the entire continent of Europe as an "atheist communist dump" then you are 1) talking shit, and 2) uneducated.

I was half joking about "athiest communist dump". I know there are people in Europe that believe there is a god or are not commies.

I was referring to the fact that Eueopeans are more likley to support the Palestinians than the Israelis. And if you do that while claiming Christianity or claiming you're a Catholic, you might as well not believe in God. But I don't want to get into a religious disscusion.

I'll admit, I would like to visit Europe just to see what it is like, but I would never want to live there.

tmtcsc
08-11-2008, 08:40 AM

Beating the Suns and Rockets has become tiresome Louis.

hater
08-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Spanoulis to the rescue?

benefactor
08-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Murray has reportedly been offered a contract worth $2.5 million USD ($5 million gross) by Dynamo. Dynamo coach David Blatt also has his eye on former Hornets guard Jannero Pargo, who is being pursued by San Antonio and Denver. Those teams were offering a little more than $2 million. Pargo’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, is using the interest in Russia as leverage with the NBA clubs.
Doesn't sound serious...there is not even any money on the table. Its just a ploy by Bartelstein to get more money out of the teams that have interest in him, which we know is not going to work with our FO and probably won't work with anyone else. I think he stays here no matter what happens and from a situational standpoint signing with us makes the most sense because he will get paid about the same wherever he goes. We should know something in the next couple of days.

ElNono
08-11-2008, 10:51 AM
http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt

I hope Pargo will go in Europe.
Pop believed in Hill before the draft and the best way to develop him is to give him consistent playing time in NBA.

You're really out of your mind if you think Pop will forcefully play Hill even if he's not ready. What this Pargo move tells me is that unless we sign him, we're going to see a whole lot of Jacque Vaughn.
Pop doesn't develop youngsters in the NBA roster (TP being the exception). They go to the Toros, like Ian (and Darius Washington, DerMarr Johnson, etc).

dbreiden83080
08-11-2008, 10:56 AM
For fucks sake, what everyone is fleeing to Europe anymore. If Stern is not worried about this, he better be

xtremesteven33
08-11-2008, 11:02 AM
SI.COM also reports that the Hawks are interested in him also.

Pargo would be an idiot to chose Atlanta over San Antonio.

wisnub
08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Damn!! Let pargo leaves and the list of NBA players going to overseas is going to on..and on..and on. Hate to say this but NBA is losing their players,somebody was laughing at my prediction before and its fine. Now I think its not funny anymore...Even fucking Gist and future no 1 pick Jennings choose Europe, I mean these guys are not even play single game in NBA. I hope the news was wrong

SenorSpur
08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Dude, just make a decision - any decision.

benefactor
08-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2008/08/09/the_dynamic_duo.html)

Nothing there...He is just throwing names around that he would like to see the Hawks look at. The Hawks have not shown any interest.

benefactor
08-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Dude, just make a decision - any decision.
I feel ya bro...Can't knock the man for testing his value though. I think at the end of the day he will have to go with the offers he already has, which are all about the same. Let's hope he is smart enough to make the right decision.:hat

wisnub
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM

Umm no disrespect but I guess u got wrong forum. U should join Suns forum :wakeup

dbreiden83080
08-11-2008, 11:51 AM

Then don't let the door hit you on the ass, on your way out. :rolleyes

completely deck
08-11-2008, 12:19 PM

Maggette would be an idiot to choose Golden State over San Antonio.

Wait. :shootme

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
The Spurs keep winning, my team keeps winning off-season free agency championships. :sleep

fify.

DPG21920
08-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Spanoulis to the rescue?

DROB4EVER
08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Just sign already dude! It would be a good move, you could win a title and be a free agent again when your 30.

Sean Cagney
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
You ain't getting Pargo...and ain't going nowhere.

Yeah the Suns have done so much and are going somewhere!

manufor3
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
I would root for the Suns when ever they played the Spurs until they got Shaq.

After that, during that last playoff series, you would have thought I was a Spurs fan the way I was cheering them on. :lmao

Good job

Sean Cagney
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM

They put your team to sleep every year too :lol:lol:rollin

21+20+9=50
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
any news on pargo....

benefactor
08-11-2008, 05:42 PM
any news on pargo....
Go back one page.

I. Hustle
08-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Go back one page.

Two hops this time

xtremesteven33
08-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Two hops this time

ONE HOP THIS TIME

benefactor
08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
ONE HOP THIS TIME
Everybody clap your....NO..MUST..RESIST.

tp2021
08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/Kris_kross.jpg

Kris Kross!

KRIS KROSS!

Behrooz24
08-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Suns Still Confident They Can Land Dragic
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53963/20080811/suns_still_confident_they_can_land_dragic/

Aug 11, 2008 11:15 PM EST

Despite most believing it to be a long shot at best, the Phoenix Suns are still confident they'll be able to get point guard Goran Dragic in uniform this season, and according to a report by the East Valley Tribune, they'll know one way or another by the end of the week.

While the Suns remain confident, Dragic again told a media outlet that he'll be staying at Tau.

Dragic told Marca.com that he's not coming to the Suns and will stay with Tau, where he has two years remaining on his contract with a buyout for $1.5 million at the end of this season.

"I need to play basketball (with Tau), to train hard under the orders of (head coach) Dusko Ivanovic and improve my game," Dragic said in a translated quote.

Should Dragic stay in Europe, Jannero Pargo may be an option. Pargo has been mulling over a $2 million offer from the San Antonio Spurs for over a week, according to the Tribune, and this may be because of the potential interest from the Suns.

wisnub
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
If Pargo choose Europe, then it will complete the total disaster of Spurs fucking offseason. I cant help cursing the situation and FO as well. First Splitter GONE (some say he will be back in 2 years,but realistically its unlikely), Gist is GONE, Bonnes gone, Finley stay, we loose on CM bidding, no offer for Kelena, missed draft on Chalmers,CDR (Hill better be good or else). Hornets add Posey, who else got stronger? I got nothing more to say than...FUCK this offseason!!!

wisnub
08-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Suns Still Confident They Can Land Dragic
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53963/20080811/suns_still_confident_they_can_land_dragic/

Aug 11, 2008 11:15 PM EST

Despite most believing it to be a long shot at best, the Phoenix Suns are still confident they'll be able to get point guard Goran Dragic in uniform this season, and according to a report by the East Valley Tribune, they'll know one way or another by the end of the week.

While the Suns remain confident, Dragic again told a media outlet that he'll be staying at Tau.

Dragic told Marca.com that he's not coming to the Suns and will stay with Tau, where he has two years remaining on his contract with a buyout for $1.5 million at the end of this season.

"I need to play basketball (with Tau), to train hard under the orders of (head coach) Dusko Ivanovic and improve my game," Dragic said in a translated quote.

Should Dragic stay in Europe, Jannero Pargo may be an option. Pargo has been mulling over a $2 million offer from the San Antonio Spurs for over a week, according to the Tribune, and this may be because of the potential interest from the Suns.

Not another Suns drama.....its enough drama already here in Spursland. If we raise the offer money maybe Pargo will lean toward us, but its historically unlikely. I read Spurs offerin Finley more than vet minimum but reluctant to invest more on Pargo....Only reason Pargo think about Europe is because the money, u go figure. If u told me Spurs dont have more money to spend then i should told you to talk to the HOLTCRANE. Dude is a good businessman, he knows how to make money and squeeze budget...

wisnub
08-11-2008, 11:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/Kris_kross.jpg

Kris Kross!

KRIS KROSS!

Hahahah that was like hundred years ago. I love kriss Kross

JPB
08-12-2008, 04:09 AM
From differents sources, it looks like the Suns are strongly considering Pargo if Dragic decides to stay in Europe

They could offer a bit more than the spurs.

timvp
08-12-2008, 04:16 AM
From differents sources, it looks like the Suns are strongly considering Pargo if Dragic decides to stay in Europe

They could offer a bit more than the spurs.AFAIK, the Suns are only shopping with the LLE at the very most. In fact, they stopped going after Barry because they were only offering the minimum.

The Spurs can be higher for Pargo if they wish.

timtonymanu
08-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Pargo should well know if he goes to the Suns, they're just gonna lose to the Spurs.

DROB4EVER
08-12-2008, 12:26 PM
This is silly, we should give his ass a deadline and tell him if he doesnt sign by then we are no longer interested. If he wanted to sign with spurs he would have by now.

I dont think we should give him a chance to use us as a last resort. If he wants to shop his services then we can move on to other guys. And he can end up playn for the vets min on a bad team instead of for 2 mil on a great team.

The guy is overplaying his hand, no one is offering him serious money, no one will most teams are capped out and near or over tax threshhold and wont touch him.

He plays a spot thats easy to find, backup pg. Lets look into making trades and tell him he can go play in PHX.

JPB
08-13-2008, 03:33 AM
AFAIK, the Suns are only shopping with the LLE at the very most. In fact, they stopped going after Barry because they were only offering the minimum.

The Spurs can be higher for Pargo if they wish.

I wasn't reffering to their possibility but to what spurs reportedly offered (about 2 M) and what suns would offer (2M +)

Bruno
08-13-2008, 05:52 AM
If Pargo thinks that he is worth more than $2M and NBA teams don't offer him more, he will likely sign a short term contract with as main goal raising his market value.
Suns are a better fit than Spurs to do that. If Spurs don't offer more money, choosing Phoenix will be smart move for Pargo.