PDA

View Full Version : Oh no Whottt people are blasting your boy

xcoriate
02-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Well, well, well my brother psots at realgm (if you haven't seen it before it involves homers from almost every team talking themselves up and bagging on others) and he pointed this thread out to me.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=336940

DRob vs Hakeem.

Check it out, the mods ended up locking it becuase they thought the comparison was so worthless.

Talk about shunning one of the 50th greatest players.

whottt
02-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Ahh, I am used to it.

It's pretty tough to argue against Hakeem because he beat every great center of his era in the playoffs...but that doesn't change the fact that he only beat Drob once in the post season...and Drob was double teamed...

Oh and of course Drob has a 32-12 life time record against Hakeem...that means Hakeem averaged beating Drob in the regular season less than once per season.

All you need to know is that guys on that forum have names like "TMac fan" and lock harmless discussion threads.

They are media sheep who probably never even saw Drob play.

xcoriate
02-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Yeah Hakeem was awesome as was Drob, I was just majorly bummed that they locked the thread I mean talk about downplaying Drobs importance to an organisation, and the populace behind it.

I mean its at least a worthy comparison.

whottt
02-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Right, it is, but they always downplay Drob...even his 71 point game.

Last season when TMac scored 62 points...ESPN was going over the last guys to do it....they played it up like TMac had one of the greatest performances ever...that Shaq also put on one of the greatest ever...and then when they got to Drob they said that Drob's game was controversial because the Clippers played no D. That's it, just, the Clippers played no D.

Ironic since Shaq's game also came against the Clippers...Drob says the Clippers played him hard and that's good enough for me.

Drob gets on peoples nerves because of his strong christian beliefs and the fact that he was truly one of the classiest players ever ,while being an amazing basketball player without really trying to be one. Drob just isn't real to most people and I think he tends to make a lot of people feel inferior because of his intelligence and athletic gifts.

You look back on it and you see Shaq and Hakeem mentoining Drob a lot more than the other way around...Hakeem swept Shaq, he beat Kareem, he beat Ewing...but the series everyone always talks about was the one where he beat DRob...my guess is because they realize just what an accomplishment that was...It's really too bad that they never got a rematch because I gurantee you Drob would have erased that embarrassment, just out of a sense of professionalism, even if he didn't win the series.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Seriously Whott, I probably agree with 99% of everything you say, its getting to be weird! LOL Where are you from man?

Rummpd
02-07-2005, 10:08 AM
David Robinson and Hakeem are both among not only the greatest centers ever regardless of who you rate better, but also superior human beings. Although, I personally think DR was slightly better (I attended the 95 series home and away and saw the double teams etc. but also saw a regular season important game where David dropped 55 or so on Hakeem). The more important arguement is that they were both better than Ewing which the Eastern media do not by yet.

I always thought that putting these on the same team in their primes would have been the most unstoppable 2 man big combo in history. David could have played more like Garnett etc. On defense as a tandem they could have stopped anyone. Both ended storied careers with two championships etc. could not happen to two greater players. Finally if all Christians and Muslims had these two moral values alot better would be this world.

Nikos
02-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I always thought that putting these on the same team in their primes would have been the most unstoppable 2 man big combo in history. David could have played more like Garnett etc. On defense as a tandem they could have stopped anyone.

Best big man tandem? Thats an understatement no? If they both were in their primes on the same team, that combo would likely be more deadly than any duo in NBA history, including Jordan and Pippen.

Rummpd
02-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I agree and David always maintained he was not a natural center. They would have been a joy to watch together and I believe were on the court some in a few NBA all star games. Could you imagine DR being able to collapse in an block shots on a center primarily handed by Hakeem and also being able to take off down the lanes openly on breaks more?

SPARKY
02-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Both were defensive monsters. I'd give DRob the edge on pure athleticism though Hakeem was no slouch.

What it comes down to is who had the better post game and that is where Hakeem surpassed DRob.

SPARKY
02-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I agree and David always maintained he was not a natural center. They would have been a joy to watch together and I believe were on the court some in a few NBA all star games. Could you imagine DR being able to collapse in an block shots on a center primarily handed by Hakeem and also being able to take off down the lanes openly on breaks more?

Yeah, DRob's offensive game was definitely more of a 4 than a 5.

Phenomanul
02-07-2005, 04:40 PM
These are the sort of takes that should have been brought up in that other forum...

But alas.... the topic has been locked and everyone there blindingly followed the first guy who responded....

Spurminator
02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Ralph Wiley once said that Tim Duncan is the greatest Power Forward of all time, and David Robinson is the second.

Phenomanul
02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Ralph Wiley once said that Tim Duncan is the greatest Power Forward of all time, and David Robinson is the second.

Wow

xcoriate
02-07-2005, 06:37 PM

That is a huge wrap there