PDA

View Full Version : John Madden 09....

florige
08-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Anyone else picking this up tomorrow? I heard good reviews so far about it. Hopefully it is worth a crap on the PS3.

emo serb
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah i think im going to pick it up tomorrow, i heard the last 2 years sucked on ps3, the demo was pretty good on it this year and i havent bought a madden since 06 so hopefully it changed a little lol.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-11-2008, 11:45 AM
The 360 version is pretty good. I love the gameplay, but I wish there was more environment interaction like in the 2K series (fans, cutaways, etc.). Still an awesome, great-looking game, though.

BacktoBasics
08-11-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm gonna pull the trigger based on some of the review over at operationsports.com. They should have a roster update and minor patch ready on day one. Then another gameplay patch is already at microsoft so we shouldn't be fucked over like last year.

If you're a franchise player like myself don't expect any improvements until next year.

One thing I don't like is the fact that their aren't going to be any CPU sliders until probably patch #3 in two months.

As long as the game plays better than last year and doesn't have a completely broken franchise I'll enjoy it.

Evan
08-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm getting it tomorrow...I have taken a break from the past few years but with a new PS3 I am pumped again to play.

Hit me up in a few weeks florige and maybe we'll play a game or two.

monosylab1k
08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
madden has sucked since 04, but yeah i'm gonna get it.

stretch
08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
PS2 madden has still been the best, but hopefully PS3 and 360 can overtake it this year. they gotta get rid of the bugs, cuz thats what is ruining it, like the DE contain glitch, and some of the rocket catching, which i heard is going to be MUCH improved this year, and a LOT harder to do.

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 12:16 PM
anyone getting on 360 that wants to get their ass kicked? I played the demo and this game is freaking awesome. My gamertag is on the gamertag thread in the game forum.

florige
08-11-2008, 12:24 PM
The 360 version is pretty good. I love the gameplay, but I wish there was more environment interaction like in the 2K series (fans, cutaways, etc.). Still an awesome, great-looking game, though.

I know! That kinda stuff makes it alot funner to play.

I'm gonna pull the trigger based on some of the review over at operationsports.com. They should have a roster update and minor patch ready on day one. Then another gameplay patch is already at microsoft so we shouldn't be fucked over like last year.

If you're a franchise player like myself don't expect any improvements until next year.

One thing I don't like is the fact that their aren't going to be any CPU sliders until probably patch #3 in two months.

As long as the game plays better than last year and doesn't have a completely broken franchise I'll enjoy it.

Yeah I am a huge franchise buff too. Thats why I didn't buy the version for the PS3. The version for the 360 sucked to me as well.

I'm getting it tomorrow...I have taken a break from the past few years but with a new PS3 I am pumped again to play.

Hit me up in a few weeks florige and maybe we'll play a game or two.

Yeah I will hit you up. Give me a week or two to practice though being as though I haven't played in a while.

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah I will hit you up. Give me a week or two to practice though being as though I haven't played in a while.

Your gonna suck anyways why prolong it a week or two.

florige
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Your gonna suck anyways why prolong it a week or two.

lol
Or at least a week to get used to the controls again. I haven't played Madden since 07. And that was barely because I was hooked on NBA2k7 at the time.... Plus I really hate losing. I want to see what glitches the PS3 version has that I have to take into consideration when I'm playing someone online.

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 12:34 PM
lol
Or at least a week to get used to the controls again. I haven't played Madden since 07. And that was barely because I was hooked on NBA2k7 at the time.... Plus I really hate losing. I want to see what glitches the PS3 version has that I have to take into consideration when I'm playing someone online.

LOL hey everyone FLO is lying he doesnt have a Ps3, he is still playing his PS2!!

florige
08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
LOL hey everyone FLO is lying he doesnt have a Ps3, he is still playing his PS2!!

:lol Actually I wish I were lying. The only thing I have used that thing for so far is watching BluRay movies on. NBA2k8 is ALOT better than on the 360. Also I just found out because I was being cheap and bought the 40gig version I can't play my old PS2 games on it......:bang

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
:lol Actually I wish I were lying. The only thing I have used that thing for so far is watching BluRay movies on. NBA2k8 is ALOT better than on the 360. Also I just found out because I was being cheap and bought the 40gig version I can't play my old PS2 games on it......:bang

LMAO, man I came to the realization that I will never go back and play the games I used to on older systems so I just get rid of them.

florige
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
LMAO, man I came to the realization that I will never go back and play the games I used to on older systems so I just get rid of them.

Yeah I feel you. But sometimes when I'm in Best Buy or whatever and I see those old games for like $10 I would like to at least have the option of picking them up if I wanted. If I had known that I would had def gotten the 60gig version instead. Someone here said that the newer 80gig version can't even play the older games. With as much money as those systems are you would think that you could.....

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Xbox has some games that are backward compatible but I dont play them. There are too many good new games I would rather play.

Evan
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM

Cool..:toast

yeah I haven't played in so long I need plenty of time myself.

Evan
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM

I did the same thing for bluray.

And I don't think the bigger gig version plays all the games anyway..maybe only 70%?

florige
08-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I did the same thing for bluray.

And I don't think the bigger gig version plays all the games anyway..maybe only 70%?

Yeah that what I was hearing. But for whatever reason the 60gig version plays them all. Explain that one.....:lol

Evan
08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah that what I was hearing. But for whatever reason the 60gig version plays them all. Explain that one.....:lol

I didn't know that.

But then again there isn't any old games I want to play (besides final fantasy tactics) so I would have wasted ythe money anyway.

InRareForm
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
PS2 madden has still been the best, but hopefully PS3 and 360 can overtake it this year. they gotta get rid of the bugs, cuz thats what is ruining it, like the DE contain glitch, and some of the rocket catching, which i heard is going to be MUCH improved this year, and a LOT harder to do.

word.

InRareForm
08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
And will they finally fix it where you can have the 3 option boxes when picking a play rather than always be weary of your partner looking at your play.

ATRAIN
08-12-2008, 10:38 AM
And will they finally fix it where you can have the 3 option boxes when picking a play rather than always be weary of your partner looking at your play.

I know NCAA is like that, sort of.

Man I cant wait to get out of work so I can go pick this up!!

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 10:49 AM
my lazy ass brother has to wake up so i can leave.

ATRAIN
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
my lazy ass brother has to wake up so i can leave.

Why can't you leave with him asleep?

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Why can't you leave with him asleep?

because it's his car and he has a license.

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a 40 gig PS3 and it plays all of my PS2 games.

ATRAIN
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
because it's his car and he has a license.

Take a cab or the bus, its MADDEN 09 man!! If I didnt have to work this weekend and would be missing out on OT I would have called in sick today.

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
fuck! he cannot wake up.

AlamoSpursFan
08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
fuck! he cannot wake up.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2007/09/hypospray.jpg

He's dead, Jim.

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2007/09/hypospray.jpg

He's dead, Jim.

no, thats what happens when you go to bed at 4 in the morning after being out.

i knew he was gonna be a bitch to wake up when i saw him leave last night.

Evan
08-12-2008, 11:38 AM
just picked it up

They had a million copies and there wasn't anyone in the store besides me.

Hah…good thing I reserved it.

stretch
08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
its very very good. MUCH closer to the PS2 style. the players dont all look bulky as crap and stuff. the movement is much smoother. only issue so far is that it seems like the controls are VERY lost, and the speed of the game is extremely quick, even quicker than the PS2 was. seems almost too fast. takes a second to get used to (obviously) but so far i like it a lot.

florige
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
its very very good. MUCH closer to the PS2 style. the players dont all look bulky as crap and stuff. the movement is much smoother. only issue so far is that it seems like the controls are VERY lost, and the speed of the game is extremely quick, even quicker than the PS2 was. seems almost too fast. takes a second to get used to (obviously) but so far i like it a lot.

How are the small details like the crowd and the sideline? Most importantly though, how is the commentary and the Franchise mode. And the last question, which system?

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
How are the small details like the crowd and the sideline? Most importantly though, how is the commentary and the Franchise mode. And the last question, which system?

ohhhh man, i am so happy madden isn't doing the commentary this time around.

stretch
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM

PS3. i didnt get to play franchise yet. graphics are stunningly good.

commentary kinda got on my nerves though, but thats probably just cuz cris collinsworth gets on my nerves, period.

florige
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
ohhhh man, i am so happy madden isn't doing the commentary this time around.

I don't care who is commentating as long as they aren't repeating the same crap every other play...

ATRAIN
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone know if they have the little training camps to boost your players before each game in Franchise?

stretch
08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't care who is commentating as long as they aren't repeating the same crap every other play...

it didnt seem as repetitive. just annoying.

florige
08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Anyone know if they have the little training camps to boost your players before each game in Franchise?

I'm pretty sure that is there. That feature was there in the old PS2 version.

Evan
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
PS3. i didnt get to play franchise yet. graphics are stunningly good.

commentary kinda got on my nerves though, but thats probably just cuz cris collinsworth gets on my nerves, period.

Turning off comentary is the first thing I do when I put in the disc.

dirk4mvp
08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I was at Walmart around 12:15 when the guy was stocking the shelves. From the little bit I've played, it's way better than 08.

Evan
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM

Let you know later tonight...it better be. One of my favorite parts as I agonize over who I pick.

:lol

ATRAIN
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Let you know later tonight...it better be. One of my favorite parts as I agonize over who I pick.

:lol

Yeah that is my fav part as well, well besides trading, drafts, free agency. I loved building guys up and getting that little symbol under their name like Elusive Back or Power Back......etc.

phyzik
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I just picked this up, cant wait to get off from work and setup my franchise.

Evan
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah that is my fav part as well, well besides trading, drafts, free agency. I loved building guys up and getting that little symbol under their name like Elusive Back or Power Back......etc.

Since I play the Cowboys...

This will be the first year I don't sign every good player in FA, trade them for picks, completely tear down my team by trades, auto complete the first season and rebuild everything with draft picks.

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I got it!

florige
08-12-2008, 02:01 PM

Man that part of it is sooo fun. The offseason is just as fun as the season to be honest. Thats why i wanted to know how the franchise mode was for the PS3. It wasn't there for 08.

Evan
08-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Man that part of it is sooo fun. The offseason is just as fun as the season to be honest. Thats why i wanted to know how the franchise mode was for the PS3. It wasn't there for 08.

How the hell could they get rid of the franchise mode?

dumb decision

ATRAIN
08-12-2008, 02:11 PM
It was too there for 08

monosylab1k
08-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Best franchise mode was in like 98 or 99 when franchise mode was still really new, and every new rookie class had all these odd names like "Hsieh"and "Vhang" and after about 6 years the names of all the players on your team would end up looking eerily similar to the Japanese production team in the game credits.

monosylab1k
08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm actually looking forward to playing Head Coach 09 a whole lot more than Madden once I get home.

florige
08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
It was too there for 08

What was there for 08?

florige
08-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm actually looking forward to playing Head Coach 09 a whole lot more than Madden once I get home.

Thats out too???!?!?!

monosylab1k
08-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Thats out too???!?!?!

It comes with the special edition Madden. I think it will be released by itself in a couple weeks though.

florige
08-12-2008, 02:25 PM
How the hell could they get rid of the franchise mode?

dumb decision

It wasn't there for the PS3 version at least. I think they were just trying to get the release out the same time the 360 came out with their version. So there was alot of stuff left off.

florige
08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
It comes with the special edition Madden. I think it will be released by itself in a couple weeks though.

Coach mode is kick ass.....

IronMexican
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
BEST GAME in a while

florige
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Take a cab or the bus, its MADDEN 09 man!! If I didnt have to work this weekend and would be
missing out on OT I would have called in sick today.

Geezus dude you are worse than my brother with that OT. Money hungry bastards.....:lol

Evan
08-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Graphics are stunning