PDA

View Full Version : Flobots?

jonspeaks22
08-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Any fans of the Flobots in here besides me? I love this band. That song "Handlebars" is so catchy

i can ride my bike with no handlebars! no handlebars!

I can't get that out of my head lol

Here's their myspace, their new single "rise" is posted up

www.myspace.com/flobots

UMG

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I hate them and that song is the worst song of 08 hands down.

Sense
08-11-2008, 12:24 PM
better than Lil' Wayne...

but still weak

I. Hustle
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I prefer Gobots http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.netophobia.com/files/u1/Gobots3

ATRAIN
better than Lil' Wayne...

but still weak

LMAO at least Lil Wayne wasnt all over the ALt radio stations (which is what I mostly listen to).

ATRAIN
I prefer Gobots http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.netophobia.com/files/u1/Gobots3

Gobots the poor mans Transformers

Tippecanoe
08-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Any fans of the Flobots in here besides me? I love this band. That song "Handlebars" is so catchy

i can ride my bike with no handlebars! no handlebars!

I can't get that out of my head lol

Here's their myspace, their new single "rise" is posted up

www.myspace.com/flobots

dont pay attention to these other losers. the flobots are the shit :tu

(even if handlebars is their only song i've heard)

I. Hustle
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Gobots the poor mans Transformers

How did the song go?

GOBOTS!
More to a book than the cover!

Dex
08-11-2008, 12:50 PM
AuK2A1ZqoWs

Also has a nice music video. Actually seems like the producer...put some thought into it, which you don't see much anymore with music television.

As for the haters, if you wanna act cool because you don't like what everyone else likes, then feel free. But this is probably some of the better hip hop that has come out in a while, so I dunno who you're trying to impress.

I. Hustle
08-11-2008, 12:54 PM
AuK2A1ZqoWs

As for the haters, if you wanna act cool because you don't like what everyone else likes, then feel free. But this is probably some of the better hip hop that has come out in a while, so I dunno who you're trying to impress.

Werd! Don’t be sippin on dat haterade and dissin’ da Flobots! You all up in they Kool Aid and don’t even know the flava! They be straight up diggity dope and all kinds of funky fresh yo

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Not trying to act cool, I just happen to think that shit song is complete garbage. I thought that the first time I heard it and thought oh great this song blows, its going to be huge. Its just like its predecessors like Mambo #5, who let the dogs out, Thong song, etc... There is one every year and I could go on. Call us haters for not conforming to idiotic songs, doesnt bother me one bit.

Sp Ginobili 20
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I liked the Flobots since I heard their "Handlebars" song. I also like their rendition of "Happy Together"

DisAsTerBot
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
LMAO at least Lil Wayne wasnt all over the ALt radio stations (which is what I mostly listen to).

Not trying to act cool, I just happen to think that shit song is complete garbage. I thought that the first time I heard it and thought oh great this song blows, its going to be huge. Its just like its predecessors like Mambo #5, who let the dogs out, Thong song, etc... There is one every year and I could go on. Call us haters for not conforming to idiotic songs, doesnt bother me one bit.

seems like you just contradicted yourself... Alt radio stations play nothing but conformist, idiotic songs.....(that is, if you're listening in san antonio)

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
seems like you just contradicted yourself... Alt radio stations play nothing but conformist, idiotic songs.....(that is, if you're listening in san antonio)

Not really, Its a catchy annoying song. I just called it conformist because people think because we hate it but the majority like it we are trying to be cool. Ifs its on the radio, you can pretty much call everything conformist. Your right though the radio does play a lot of crap but they do play some decent stuff. 101x is a independent radio station and is better than other stations I have been exposed to, however I still hate it. Thank god for mp3 players and satellite radio.

Tippecanoe
08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
that trumpet solo is the bomb

Dex
08-11-2008, 02:16 PM

I do see where you're coming from. It was definitely one of those songs that got caught up in its own hype. I heard about the song through word of mouth like three times before I actually caught it on the radio/internet, and was expecting something completely different.

At the same time, I don't see how you're making comparisons to The Thong Song or Mambo #5, aside from that fact that it got completely overplayed.

If you've listened to the lyrics or watched the video, you can at least agree that it's trying to make a point, and it's not just some buzz phrase put to catchy beats. It's an actual attempt at intellectual concept in the hip hop format, and that's why I think it stands apart from most of the crap you hear on the radio these days.

I'll admit, I like the song and even I've heard it more than I probably care for. But I still feel some people are trying to jump on the hate bandwagon just because so many people liked it.

ATRAIN
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I do see where you're coming from. It was definitely one of those songs that got caught up in its own hype. I heard about the song through word of mouth like three times before I actually caught it on the radio/internet, and was expecting something completely different.

At the same time, I don't see how you're making comparisons to The Thong Song or Mambo #5, aside from that fact that it got completely overplayed.

If you've listened to the lyrics or watched the video, you can at least agree that it's trying to make a point, and it's not just some buzz phrase put to catchy beats. It's an actual attempt at intellectual concept in the hip hop format, and that's why I think it stands apart from most of the crap you hear on the radio these days.

I'll admit, I like the song and even I've heard it more than I probably care for. But I still feel some people are trying to jump on the hate bandwagon just because so many people liked it.

I called and compared it to those songs because those songs were flavors of the month and one hit wonders and thats how I see this song being. There was one last year but I can't think of it right now (thank god). Its like no matter how much you hate these songs you know them because the radio plays the shit out of them. I mean come on I know the whole Thong song and could sing it right now and that pisses me off. I have listened to the lyrics but that repetitive chorus makes that song suck balls. It would be a good song if it wasnt for that annoying catchy chorus. Believe me Dex more people jump on the I love that song bandwagon way more than i hate that song bandwagon. Most people are sheep and can't think for themselves so it goes for both sides of the coin. Sorry but Im very passionate when it comes to music and I can't stand one hit wonders (for the most part). Im the type of person that buys the cd because ill usually love the songs that arent played on the radio.