PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay vs Jets

MajorMike
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Who ends up 2008 with a better record?

J.T.
08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm surprised Goodell doesn't grant himself some executive commissioner power to change the team's schedules so that they play each other this year. You know the whole world wants to see Favre vs Rodgers, Packers vs Jets. The NFL corporate advertising monster has a shitload of money to be made by doing something like that.

monosylab1k
08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm surprised Goodell doesn't grant himself some executive commissioner power to change the team's schedules so that they play each other this year. You know the whole world wants to see Favre vs Rodgers, Packers vs Jets. The NFL corporate advertising monster has a shitload of money to be made by doing something like that.

I'm not sure Goodell is the type of guy to get involved in something like that. He's had a real hands-off approach to everything since he took over.

J.T.
08-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure Goodell is the type of guy to get involved in something like that. He's had a real hands-off approach to everything since he took over.

Yeah, but people weren't sure Nixon was the kind of guy that would repeatedly lie to the American public or that Clinton was into boning White House interns until they actually did.

Hank the Tank
08-13-2008, 12:30 PM
i still say green bay. rodgers will let the WRs do all the work just like favre did last year.

and i dont think the jets will make the playoffs in the much tougher afc while the pack will still.

ATRAIN
08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Gb

MajorMike
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Every last swinging Richard on the MNF countdown said the Jets.

FromWayDowntown
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd go with the Jets, if only because they have a fairly soft schedule (aside from the 2 with NE and a road game at SD; they get the NFC West (at SF, at SEA, v. ARZ, v. STL) and the AFC West (at SD, at OAK, v. KC, v. DEN) and they get Cincinnati at home and Tennessee on the road), they were good enough to win 10 games in the AFC the season before last, they improved their offensive line, and they should be able to get decent contributions from Thomas Jones. They should have improved their pass rush as well, although it sounded like their corners had some problems dealing with Cleveland's wideouts last weekend.

I wouldn't have been sold in GB for the coming season with Favre at the helm, anyway -- too many times in the recent past has a team come from nowhere to have a great season only to fade in the following season as the schedule gets tougher and some of those breaks from the year before don't go their way. I think the Pack basically overachieved in 2007 and got some help as the Bears sucked their way back to mediocrity. Plus, the Pack have a tougher schedule IMO -- the AFC South (at JAX, at TEN, v. IND, v. HOU) and the NFC South (at TB, at NO, v. CAR, v. ATL), plus Dallas at home and Seattle on the road.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Green Bay

SAtown
08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Both end up 7-9